BAND-MAID [Page 10 of 19]

Re: BAND-MAID
Posted Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Jaaaaysse

Jaaaaysse

Caless Student
Caless Student
saldiven wrote:
And, as far as those lyrics are concerned, none of the band speaks much English. I'm sure they only had a vague idea what they meant when they recorded the song.

That's exactly how I feel!!!!

.omg. .omg. .omg.

林てお(ジェイ)

世界に希望をありますよ。
本当に、一人じゃないよ!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Official International Shop open!
Site is a can be buggy.

According to one user on reddit, the proper pre-order end date is February 28 NOT February 15.

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Lexian

Lexian

You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

*Some* lyric translations

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:28 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
New video by Band-Maid:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Lexian

Lexian

Translated interview with MISA for BASS Magazine (Feb 2017)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
There is some strong evidence that Band-Maid will be playing at this year's J-Pop Summit in San Francisco.

An online guide book for the Fanime Con in San Antonio contains an ad for the J-Pop Summit stating that Band-Maid are "special guests." I'd post a link, but I'm at work and can't seem to find it now. Will try to do so when I get back home and have access to Facebook where the link was shared.

In any case, I think it's a strong indication that Band-Maid will be a the J-Pop Summit, but would not consider it definite until there is an official announcement from the band and/or the convention itself.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
saldiven wrote:There is some strong evidence that Band-Maid will be playing at this year's J-Pop Summit in San Francisco.

An online guide book for the Fanime Con in San Antonio contains an ad for the J-Pop Summit stating that Band-Maid are "special guests." I'd post a link, but I'm at work and can't seem to find it now. Will try to do so when I get back home and have access to Facebook where the link was shared.

In any case, I think it's a strong indication that Band-Maid will be a the J-Pop Summit, but would not consider it definite until there is an official announcement from the band and/or the convention itself.

Well that would be swell since im going to that Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 5:25 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Haha. If there is an actual confirmation that Band-Maid will be there, I'll almost certainly make the trip out from Atlanta.

Oh, and correction. Fanime Con is in San Jose, not San Antonio. Fingers typing on auto pilot.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 5:59 pm

strawhatcrew

strawhatcrew

Caless Student
Caless Student
i love this band too!! they are maid! and metal! metal maiddddddddddd
japan really is interesting ahahah.. 
now imagine this band playing at maid cafe while u enjoy ur meal xD
nosebleeeeeedddddddd .nosebleed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
J-Pop Summit has made the official announcement that Band-Maid is playing this year. The VIP package is decent. VIP passes get an "photo session" and are entered into a raffle for a chance at an exclusive autograph session and a special letter of some sort.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 am

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'll be there!

Gotta be at all their NA shows. Keeping the streak alive!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 pm

strawhatcrew

strawhatcrew

Caless Student
Caless Student
band maid new single!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Choose Me MV

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Jaaaaysse

Jaaaaysse

Caless Student
Caless Student
Woke up today and that's the first thing I clicked on when I went to Youtube.
Band Maid's new song is out!

林てお(ジェイ)

世界に希望をありますよ。
本当に、一人じゃないよ!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Matsui

Matsui

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://forest-of-thoughts-and-images.tumblr.com/
Love Bandmaid.
They pick up the tempo and really rock.
Hope to see them one day.
Bands like this make JRock more popular and accessible in Europe. The draw the right kind of attention.
Hope they will keep it up like this :D

Freedomfighter
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Fritzubus1967

Fritzubus1967

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes Band Maid is a young but very good rock and metal with nice style. They can grown hight if they do not make mistakes as for example the band Cyntia.
Even in Germany known a little. But the few in Germany known japanese girlbands you can count on one hand. 

Band Maid occurs on Summer Sonic 2017 in Osaka and Tokyo already on larger Stations.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Lexian

Lexian

An acoustic gig from a few years back.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ thanks for the video, this must be from their earlier days.

Anyway, i'm kinda new to the Band maid wagon (actually started listening to them this past summer). They're a great band, and their music is absolutely FANTASTIC. I've been listening to them non stop, ever since discovering them. Some of my faves are REAL EXISTANCE, Unfair Game, Thrill, Yolo, Daydreaming and a good bit more. 

luckily i think more music from them are on the way, they apparently made a song to be used in a horror/thriller movie called "Kiruibana" which comes out in cinama on october 14th

Theres a 10 sec sneak peek of the song towards the end, and honestly i cant wait to hear it but this isn't enough to keep me satisfied until then.  .waaa.
-almost like listening to that 10 sec preview of Scandal's Futari-

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:44 am

Fritzubus1967

Fritzubus1967

Caless Student
Caless Student
Good and hard sounds, but what is the new song to the movie Kiruibana.

At many metal girlbands, Band Maid stands out very well.

As for their popularity I mean in a few years they are called with Scandal and Silent Siren and independent of the music style.

Gladly I fall asleep in the car and while sitting [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:31 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I am so in love with Miku Kobato!

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:18 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
BAND-MAID is going to release their 2nd album "WORLD DOMINATION" on 2018 Feb, 14 the same day of "Honey".

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah. At some store near here, there's a reservation coupon of some kind for artist who'll be releasing their Album soon. Funny how there's no Scandal. I thought there's Bandmaid who'll be releasing and the stub for reservation is right there, so why is there no reservation for Scandal. They have the same release date. Does this mean Scandal is not famous enough to earn recognition of this kind at the music stand?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
It's interesting they are labeling this as their "second  full album."  I guess MAID IN JAPAN and NEW BEGINNING don't count as albums. In the pre-CD era a record with 8 or 9 cuts was still considered an album.  Oh well, definitely looking forward to the new release however they want to identify it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Don Dio
I think because those are considered mini albums then full length ones. I think any album 12 songs or more are considered full length albums now a days.

I'm super excited for the new album, i just listened to the samples of all 14 songs the band released on Sound Cloud. Its sounds very promising.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Lexian

Lexian

New video. Lots of current events and pop culture references jammed into this one. (I dont recommend using it as a drinking game haha). I was caught by surprise under the premise that this (World) DOMINATION album release concept was hinting at an upcoming international tour. Alas, I see the tour stops are only Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya.

I do think this promotional single is trying to appeal more to a global audience though. Musically speaking, its similar to some of their past hits with a little more Western sound. It's something about that longer, drawn out chorus. The actual performance bits of the videos are nothing too new. Minimalist set with the camera on a circular track. ORANGE RANGE did it before with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (minus the maid themes, of course). I'm sure many other bands have done it too.

Overall, I am pleased with the song and excited to hear what else this 2nd major album has in store. Things are still looking strong for BAND-MAID.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum