wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

More ticket purchase changes happening due to covid.

Some event tickets can now only be purchased as e-ticket via smartphone and must be downloaded via various e-ticket systems / Japanese mobile numbers via SMS, Some ticket box offices are only accepting credit card payments.

e-tickets are becoming mandatory due to the current pandemic.

---

Another update, some festivals they are doing lotteries for the "front block" (restricted number of people) this requires a SMS confirmation code which is tied to the phone number registered when purchasing the ticket. It will use your mobile number as a check to see if you hold a ticket and then send a SMS for confirmation.

---

E-tickets now need a SMS code to download to the application as well.

Graphically example here, email link -> SMS code verification -> download

https://guide.moala.fun/quick-ticket/sms

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
2021 April update.

Recently I had to download two e-tickets from eplus and they both required SMS re-authorisation.
i.e. you will need to have access to the Japanese mobile phone number in order to get the SMS and get the code to download the ticket. (i.e. those use once services I heard about will not work, as you will need the same number again to download the ticket)

e-ticket are commonly used now to avoid handling physical tickets, and staff watch you open the app and use 2 finger swipe to use these e-tickets, or they have a device to electronially "stamp" your ticket.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

RE: Voice/SMS sim with Mobal.com

Recently I came across this company that can issue Japanese sim with voice/sms that is using Softbank's network for non Japanese residents, https://www.mobal.com/japan-sim-card/ its not a pre-paid but has a montly fee to it, and it can possibly sent to you overseas (please check on the countries) or picked up in Japan, BUT the sim only works within Japan, i.e. leave it with a friend in Japan.

So this can get around the Voice/SMS registration problem, but its going to cost you at least 1000yen a month and its based on Softbank's mobile network, so you will need the appropriate 3G/4G phone that works on the correct bands. 4G LTE (CH1,3,8,11,28,41,42)

Disclaimer, I have not used this service before, but it might be useful once things are back to normal after the COVID situatation. The company has been mentioned on JTB/Japan Airlines etc. and are fully license with the Japanese government as a telecommunications provider.

Back to top Go down