Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』
Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:51 pm

Kris1Otaku

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the comments.   I realize that my issue is with the bank that issues my credit card.  They are ultra cautious and are quick to reject or flag suspicious activity.  It’s all in their automated system.    I was only trying to put a warning out there for anyone that may run into problems like I do.  If it helps anyone, I am in the US and use 5/3 Bank (I.e. Fifth Third).  International transactions can be a challenge with them.

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:24 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Kris10taku

Seems strange is this day and age though when many people are buying from foreign countries, maybe not so many Americans do.

I bank with Barclays Bank and they even convert the payment into JPY to make it easier for CDJapan.

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 pm

Kris1Otaku

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:@Kris10taku

Seems strange is this day and age though when many people are buying from foreign countries, maybe not so many Americans do.

I bank with Barclays Bank and they even convert the payment into JPY to make it easier for CDJapan.
      It is getting more common, but it’s still fairly rare for people in the US to order internationally (excluding orders through Amazon or US based company that ends up shipping the item from another country, even then the financial transaction happens in the US).

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:33 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I pre-ordered the regular version on amazon.co.jp. Usually, I pay in Euro with "Amazon Currency Converter", but it does not work for pre-orders ... hope my bank will not be surprised by a payment in Yen

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:54 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I pre-ordered the magazine version through CD Japan. I don't really care about the clear files - I have one of Rina from Hello World and it just sits on a bookshelf. I wouldn't mind the poster but I had 900 expiring points from CD Japan so may as well use them...

Sometimes CD Japan gets bonuses that weren't advertised ahead of time anyway. I have about 10 Scandal posters that I got from them and only about half of them were ever listed in advance. But I'm not counting on it; the magazine itself is enough of a bonus.

Too bad there's no DVD version this time; that's what I usually buy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:44 am

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OK, I got my order in at Amazon for Limited A with the early purchase benefits. 
Now I'll be too excited to sleep for the next 2 months!
And while I was looking, I had to add the Japan Title March Blu-ray to the order.
That should maximize the glorious torture of anticipation. 
.clap. 
By the way, the Best Xmas setlist said the New Song was Masterpiece. Was the New Song in the setlist for the Kanshasai shows also Masterpiece? Who has heard them perform this live?
I'm craving details here!
Please?

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

2many2no wrote:Was the New Song in the setlist for the Kanshasai shows also Masterpiece?

Yes. The very first time they played "Masterpiece" (title was still TBA) anywhere was during the first stop of their Kanshasai tour (link). They then played it at every stop of the tour.

More about the song as per RINA's words during the first LINE LIVE stream:

We debuted this song at a few of our live shows last year. We hadn't announced the title yet, but there were many people who heard the song. It's a punkish, cool, speedy song. I wrote the lyrics while MAMI wrote the music. I think it'll be a killer tune at future shows. A really cool song. It's a starting song for us.

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:14 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
After only two days in a recording studio, they shot the 'Masterpiece' music video today. I can't wait to hear their new single!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I have a feeling the girls are in full confidence on their newest composition.
Maybe it's just me that none of my favorite bands/artists shared their process of production in real time before.
Sometimes will include a DVD of making of the album or off shot movie stuff like that!
This time is like Scandal inviting us to follow them all along the way every step till the release of the physical CD.
They are really different!

Back to top Go down

SCANDAL records "Masterpiece" and shoots its MV
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:00 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 M5BgUR8

February 14-16 - SCANDAL records "Masterpiece" and shoots its music video!

February 14th:

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 7u0lgfwm

SCANDAL:「02.14.2019
Recording」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 SBZfW5Sm

SCANDAL:「Feb 14, 2019
"Masterpiece" Rhythm Recording.」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 V1bfemsm 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 NpGFr4nm

RINA:「We're recording our new song "Masterpiece"24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 IWsvTFi I was able to drum a good takeeee〜」

TOMOMI:「recording」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 NlX2hRXm

RINA:「●Bass」

RINA:「●Guitar」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 TsM29ghm

HARUNA:「Wearing our new Feedback! long-sleeve tee while recording24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 1f3bc

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 JOWF68Km

RINA:「Creating sounds」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 OLYlitdm

Q.「Do you always record a song one month before it's supposed to be out?」

RINA「This is the first time24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 263a We barely made it once we prepared things for "her," but we're happy we're able to deliver a freshly made take」

February 15th:

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 M5BgUR8m 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 I2MC2JQm

RINA:「We're adding vocals to the instrumentals we recorded yesterday24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 F4ZEv0D‍ We recorded an awesome take done by HARU-chan, and now we'll do harmonizing!」

RINA:「Vocal recording day」

TOMOMI:「Brilliant use of a pen」

TOMOMI:「Blue-san is harmonizing」

RINA:「Harmonize」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 GjkYhoym

SCANDAL:「Feb 15, 2019
"Masterpiece" Vocal Recording.」

February 16th:

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 RDnxudnm

RINA:「MUSIC VIDEO」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 PhB9RF5m 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 IzgdV7rm

SCANDAL:「Feb 16, 2019
"Masterpiece" Music Video Shooting.」

HARUNA:「Music video shooting24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 1f3a5

RINA:「Shooting the music video for Masterpiece」

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 ISSszaam

MAMI:「We're troubled.」

RINA:「Finished shooting the music video for Masterpiece」

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:24 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -

2many2no wrote:Who has heard them perform this live?
I'm craving details here!
Please?

I have. Twice (saw two shows in Osaka for Kanshasai).

Starts off with a nice MAMI-driven riff and song has a punkish vibe to it. Which was I wrote in my blog - can't hum it to you as I can't remember it now. Not that I can annotate any melody on this thread anyway...

Grin

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@thoseguiltyeyes

I almost did a double take when it said Mabataki song and MV was done, but I think you meant to say "Masterpiece" not Mabataki lol

I'm excited to see the MV, I'm liking thier look so far, especially Rina and Haruna's.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:53 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96®️ wrote:I almost did a double take when it said Mabataki song and MV was done, but I think you meant to say "Masterpiece" not Mabataki lol

ahaha, whoops! Thanks for catching that. Fixed~

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:31 am

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
izzy wrote:After only two days in a recording studio, they shot the 'Masterpiece' music video today. I can't wait to hear their new single!

Yeah, that was quick!

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 am

Animelover

Animelover

Caless Student
Caless Student
They don’t waste any time that’s for sure. I’m so excited to for their new single!

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 2671772173 24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:52 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
They haven't recorded Mabataki yet?
I'm really impressed how fast they work in studio

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:30 am

2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

kudo_maharizu wrote:
Who has heard them perform this live?

I have. Twice (saw two shows in Osaka for Kanshasai).

Starts off with a nice MAMI-driven riff and song has a punkish vibe to it. Which was I wrote in my blog - can't hum it to you as I can't remember it now. Not that I can annotate any melody on this thread anyway...

Grin

Thanks! Your blog was great, it really brought back the feeling of seeing them live. I bet the combination of new songs and deep cuts was off the hook!

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:35 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
izzy wrote:They haven't recorded Mabataki yet?
I'm really impressed how fast they work in studio

They seem to do about a song a day. Every band works a little different; some bands write and record in the studio, then hang around and help out with the mixing, obsessing over every little detail. Those bands can be in the studio for 6 months. The Beatles were basically *always* in the studio towards the latter part of their careers. Scandal seems like they come in with songs already done and practiced, they record and they get out.

It usually seems like they do entire albums in a week and then move on to other tasks. Then they just leave it mostly up to the engineers and production team to mix it and clean it up for release.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:25 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
This is a great method they got going on.  Coming into the studio with songs already written and rehearsed is not only wise for working out a tune ahead of time, but they must save a boat load of money this way.  Could you imagine how many songs they could record if they could spend Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" level money?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:58 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I'm not sure if Boston still holds the record for spending the longest studio time for an album.
Since Scandal had performed Masterpiece live that means the song was well written for quite sometime so they are familiar with every bit. They only need to go into the studio to lay down the track and let the engineer to do the rest. I'm sure the studio time is very expensive in Tokyo like Hong Kong.

Back to top Go down

SCANDAL records "Mabataki"
Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:41 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 TivQGrc

February 18 - SCANDAL starts recording "Mabataki"

24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 TivQGrcm24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 4aOSviqm

RINA:「Recording day for our new song "Mabataki"24th Single - 『Masterpiece / Mabataki』 - Page 2 OcrMijQ A super simple set-up with only three drums」

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:41 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
To record "Masterpiece", Haruna used her white & gold Telecaster, Mami used her blue Les Paul and Tomomi used her Yamaha BB. Rina seems to use the drumkit from the Honey Tour.

Do we know how long they practice their instrument a day? I know they have rehearsal once a week, but I guess they also work a lot on their own every day.
I wonder if Mami composes the music alone and then presents the complete songs to the other members of the band or if it is a more collective work?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I like how Rina is always dressed up even for a recording session.  I don't play drums, but I would think wearing a hip-hugging dress like that would have it's challenges behind the kit.  She's probably very used to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:53 pm

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
izzy wrote:Haruna used her white & gold Telecaster,
Seems like she was also using her sonic gray telecaster and her guild m 75 aristocrat
edit: those are actually used for mabataki's recording, just realized after checking again, my bad. 

All these shots of them recording the song are making me really excited for the release!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
izzy wrote:
Do we know how long they practice their instrument a day?

I don't think we do at this stage. My guess would be not much, if at all. At a certain point you hit diminishing returns, and other stuff you want/need to deal with eats up your practice time anyway. At this point they've all been playing for well over 10 years, so they're probably not going to continue to improve much in technical terms even with a lot of practice.

I'm sure they probably *play* occasionally even when they're not performing, which would keep their skills up (as would performing itself). In my experience, playing guitar and bass, at least, is kind of like riding a bike - I can be away from it for a long time and as soon as I pick a guitar up again, after a short warmup/re-acclimation, I'm right back where I was. And maybe Scandal also learn new techniques once in a while; sometimes you still hear that on the albums (though often only on one song). But as far as doing scales and alternate picking exercises and stuff like that, I doubt they ever do that anymore.

Of course they would have to practice new songs for some time after writing them, but that's a different thing from practicing an instrument.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.