Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:01 am

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yes they can definitely play on those dates but I'm wondering if there may be stricter guidelines for meet and greet, vocalisation, etc.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:05 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Sadly there probably will be.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 12 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Imagine they'll have to quarantine for awhile when they get back to Japan too, correct me if i'm wrong. Let's hope they can still make their festival dates. Also hope they can cover medical expenses here in the land of the free (er, i mean expensive) (Sauve qui peut...)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:40 am

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
etwee wrote:Also hope they can cover medical expenses here in the land of the free (er, i mean expensive) (Sauve qui peut...)

Seems like this might have turned out to be a costly trip for the band both in terms of health and wealth. I hope it's not too bad!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:42 am

KaminariShock

KaminariShock

Caless Student
Caless Student
My Heart ........ Hope they all get better  TOMO sad

i'm not gonna issue a refund yet, unless LiveNation/Ticketmaster do it automatically for me

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:01 am

ScandalousZack

Caless Student
Caless Student
tomorocks wrote:This cancellation is for the best.

Definitely hoping they got mild cases and recover quickly, but for more selfish reasons I'm thankful they cancelled it now instead of waiting until the last minute. This way I was able to get my hotel fully refunded before the cutoff date. (Renaissance Dallas is not cheap!) Also props to Legacy Hall for issuing refunds immediately. None of that 4-8 weeks ticketmaster !@#$.

Last edited by ScandalousZack on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:05 am

Aguerooooo9320

Caless Student
Caless Student
AdmitOne did refunds already as well for Vancouver .  Hoping they’re back soon and healthy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:45 am

MLODATO

Caless Student
Caless Student
That's a shame. I was gonna see them this Friday. I hope they stay safe and recover quickly setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 12 2764

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:47 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hmm.
Scandal came on the night of Tanabata, and now the gods have ordained that we must again separate.
An old tale, but no less poignant in real life. (kyun)

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm rolling my eyes at my own pretentiousness)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Any Atlanta Show 'Left' Side Mami fans here?
Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:12 am

Jpop379

Caless Student
Caless Student
Any of us old guys from Atlanta show left side Mami fans on here? I didn't get the videos/Pics via email. Let me know if you can resend...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:57 am

GhostCow

GhostCow

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really sad that the concert got cancelled. I just called and tried to get a refund on my plane ticket but apparently travel insurance doesn't cover this kind of thing so I'm out $500 on the plane ticket. Just wanted to post here and let you guys know that travel insurance is practically a scam and you should never bother paying for it. I hope they decide to play in Omaha next time they tour the US because there's no way I'm wasting another $1000 on a trip to see them after what happened this time. Out of all the stuff I paid for, the car rental and the concert tickets are the only things I was able to get refunded on.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:18 am

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
GhostCow wrote:Really sad that the concert got cancelled. I just called and tried to get a refund on my plane ticket but apparently travel insurance doesn't cover this kind of thing so I'm out $500 on the plane ticket. Just wanted to post here and let you guys know that travel insurance is practically a scam and you should never bother paying for it. I hope they decide to play in Omaha next time they tour the US because there's no way I'm wasting another $1000 on a trip to see them after what happened this time. Out of all the stuff I paid for, the car rental and the concert tickets are the only things I was able to get refunded on.

Travel insurance has a place.  Typically, do not buy travel insurance for domestic travel.  If you go out of the country, travel insurance is a good buy.  Basically, if you get injured, medical costs and "repatriation" can be very high.  

That said, out-of-state travel to any concert is a crap shoot.  Most times, things will go as planned from my experience.  But, you have to set it up with the expectation that it will all be for nothing.  If you can stomach it, plan the trip.  Typically, it is best to go to the first concert of any tour.  Again, that has been my experience.  I was in Hawaii when the band had to cancel.  Though, I had a backup plan and scoping out the beaches on Oahu was my alternative.  For the concert in Toronto, we actually did a road trip from upstate New York through Canada by way of Montreal and Toronto and back to Buffalo.  

For those Canadians, I really did enjoy Toronto.  Plenty of food and booze and public transportation to get you home.  

Happy travels!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:22 am

GhostCow

GhostCow

Caless Student
Caless Student
cantacanta wrote:
GhostCow wrote:Really sad that the concert got cancelled. I just called and tried to get a refund on my plane ticket but apparently travel insurance doesn't cover this kind of thing so I'm out $500 on the plane ticket. Just wanted to post here and let you guys know that travel insurance is practically a scam and you should never bother paying for it. I hope they decide to play in Omaha next time they tour the US because there's no way I'm wasting another $1000 on a trip to see them after what happened this time. Out of all the stuff I paid for, the car rental and the concert tickets are the only things I was able to get refunded on.

Travel insurance has a place.  Typically, do not buy travel insurance for domestic travel.  If you go out of the country, travel insurance is a good buy.  Basically, if you get injured, medical costs and "repatriation" can be very high.  

That said, out-of-state travel to any concert is a crap shoot.  Most times, things will go as planned from my experience.  But, you have to set it up with the expectation that it will all be for nothing.  If you can stomach it, plan the trip.  Typically, it is best to go to the first concert of any tour.  Again, that has been my experience.  I was in Hawaii when the band had to cancel.  Though, I had a backup plan and scoping out the beaches on Oahu was my alternative.  For the concert in Toronto, we actually did a road trip from upstate New York through Canada by way of Montreal and Toronto and back to Buffalo.  

For those Canadians, I really did enjoy Toronto.  Plenty of food and booze and public transportation to get you home.  

Happy travels!
This is useful information. Certainly my first time traveling out of state for a concert and probably my last unless it's within driving distance. On the bright side, I was offered credit for the canceled plane ticket, which would normally be worthless to me, but I just remembered that I have a wedding to attend in October so I can use the credit for that. Assuming it covers the entire cost of the ticket, I'm only out about $100-$200 on various fees and the hotel room.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:57 am

BorrowedTime

Caless Student
Caless Student
I arrived in Vancouver from Calgary only minutes after the news about Tomomi dropped.  I figure if you’re not getting a refund for airfare or are on the hook already for a penalty for cancelling your hotel last minute, might as well make the best of it and go anyways.  

Do some sightseeing, enjoy the local cuisine, check out the local brewery scene, etc.  Calgary is pretty landlocked so I’ve been eating copious amounts of seafood and super fresh sushi.  I walked around Granville Island, tried Lee’s donuts and rode the water taxi around False Creek.  I’ve checked out a couple taprooms and found a local dive bar for a great burger and their metal ambiance.  I go home tomorrow and now wish I could extend the stay a little longer, but work appointments on Thursday are calling…

BTW, if Scandal ever announces a show in Omaha, or Lincoln, I’m so there.  I have friends in Nebraska that I’d like to visit, and under the umbrella of a Scandal show would be a great reason to go.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:09 am

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
BorrowedTime wrote:
I arrived in Vancouver from Calgary only minutes after the news about Tomomi dropped.  I figure if you’re not getting a refund for airfare or are on the hook already for a penalty for cancelling your hotel last minute, might as well make the best of it and go anyways.  

Do some sightseeing, enjoy the local cuisine, check out the local brewery scene, etc.  Calgary is pretty landlocked so I’ve been eating copious amounts of seafood and super fresh sushi.  I walked around Granville Island, tried Lee’s donuts and rode the water taxi around False Creek.  I’ve checked out a couple taprooms and found a local dive bar for a great burger and their metal ambiance.  I go home tomorrow and now wish I could extend the stay a little longer, but work appointments on Thursday are calling…

BTW, if Scandal ever announces a show in Omaha, or Lincoln, I’m so there.  I have friends in Nebraska that I’d like to visit, and under the umbrella of a Scandal show would be a great reason to go.

I liked Vancouver too.  Davie Street had lots to offer.  Last time we were there, we rented a car and drove up to Whistler for some scenery.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:09 am

Miasthma

Miasthma

Caless Student
Caless Student
BorrowedTime wrote:
Where is the dive bar? I've hit up Ramen Gojiro and am currently at Kokoro Tokyo Mazesoba, but I don't leave until Saturday so I can hit plenty more food places. Caught the Billy Talent show last night at Pacific Coliseum so definitely trying to make the most of the trip (even wearing my She is a Wave tee).

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 12 Spotwr10setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 12 Spotwr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:16 am

Aguerooooo9320

Caless Student
Caless Student
Loved Vancouver (& Richmond)! Some of the best food in the country for sure. Tried out Ramen Danbo yesterday on Robson and they had Scandal playing on their speakers 😭 lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:27 am

BorrowedTime

Caless Student
Caless Student
Miasthma wrote:
BorrowedTime wrote:
Where is the dive bar? I've hit up Ramen Gojiro and am currently at Kokoro Tokyo Mazesoba, but I don't leave until Saturday so I can hit plenty more food places. Caught the Billy Talent show last night at Pacific Coliseum so definitely trying to make the most of the trip (even wearing my She is a Wave tee).
It was called The Moose on Nelson Street near Granville.  Also, I would recommend Miko Sushi on Robson Street.  They had Hon-Toro (blue fin tuna belly) when I went today (delicious), and it was reasonably priced.  I went right when they opened for lunch, because apparently that place is pretty popular with their regulars, and NHL’ers judging by the walls.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:28 am

NannerBeans

NannerBeans

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really unfortunate that the shows got cancelled but luckily I didn't lose too much. Had everything booked for the Chicago and Anaheim shows. I travel a lot so flying across the country isn't too stressful for me. My family lives near Chicago so I ended up visiting them for the weekend instead and didn't lose much there. Everything I had booked for Anaheim got refunded.

One tip I would give is always pay the little extra to have refundable hotel and rental cars. For rental cars the best deal I've found is on Costco Travel. You get a discount and don't need to pay until picking up the car. Just cancel the reservation if your plans change. Flight refunds are harder but most airlines give you travel credit now unless you booked a basic economy flight. I booked in award miles and got a refund on my miles.

Hopefully they reschedule once they're no longer sick. Looking forward to whenever the next one is going to be.

HELLO WORLD TOUR
Los Angeles: May 22nd, 2015                          
Anaheim: May 23rd, 2015
US & MEXICO SPECIAL THANKS TOUR                         
Anaheim: Sep 9th, 2018
Dallas: Sep 16th, 2018
MIRROR World Tour 2022
Toronto: Jul 9th, 2022
New York: Jul 11th, 2022 

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:53 am

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

HajimemashiteBINOdesu

Caless Student
Caless Student
i just got the email from ticketmaster informing me of my tickets being refunded. the last time they just kept me credited for when the show actually happened. this time its a full refund. honestly i was hoping to just hold on to the tickets for when the show can happen. this just seems more final. really bummed about this. i cant even imagine how devastating this is to the Scandal team. both for not being able to give the shows they have been looking forward to for so long, and the financial hardship this has to be for them. i really hope they make a full recovery and we all get a second chance to see them. 

i may just save up and actually go to japan for their 16th anniversary show next year.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:55 am

Gojira415

Gojira415

Caless Student
Caless Student
I am heartbroken for the band. They worked really hard on this tour. I was lucky enough to see them in NYC and was going to see them again in Anaheim. Unfortunately, I missed the cutoff for free cancellation on my hotel. So, I will be taking a short vacation to Anaheim and visit Disneyland. My Disneyland tickets are only good until September 15th, and I doubt Scandal would be back before October, if they decided to come back this year.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:59 am

Miasthma

Miasthma

Caless Student
Caless Student
Aguerooooo9320 wrote:Loved Vancouver (& Richmond)! Some of the best food in the country for sure. Tried out Ramen Danbo yesterday on Robson and they had Scandal playing on their speakers 😭 lol

BorrowedTime wrote:It was called The Moose on Nelson Street near Granville.  Also, I would recommend Miko Sushi on Robson Street.  They had Hon-Toro (blue fin tuna belly) when I went today (delicious), and it was reasonably priced.  I went right when they opened for lunch, because apparently that place is pretty popular with their regulars, and NHL’ers judging by the walls.

Thank you for all of these recommendations. Food is my main goal, although I am hitting up the aquarium and rose garden tomorrow and then the science dome has an adult function Thursday night.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 12 Spotwr10setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 12 Spotwr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:12 pm

ScandalousZack

Caless Student
Caless Student
Aguerooooo9320 wrote:Loved Vancouver (& Richmond)! Some of the best food in the country for sure. Tried out Ramen Danbo yesterday on Robson and they had Scandal playing on their speakers 😭 lol

Haha that's amazing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:12 pm

Richievilla

Richievilla

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Get well soon Tomomi, Mami, Rina and Haruna ❤❤❤❤ Such sad news that they have had to postpone the final 5 dates of the tour. My heart goes out to the band who are clearly devastated, not just for themselves but for the fans, judging by the statement they put out. They put so much into the tour and it must be even more frustrating after having to postpone the previous attempt to tour internationally. 

Of course the most important thing is the health of the band, so hopefully their symptoms are mild and they can recover quickly with no longer term effects, and are back doing what they do best very soon. I think I read that they are due to perform at some Japanese festivals in August so hopefully they will be ok for then.

As someone who was lucky enough to get a ticket for London in September obviously I am really hoping the European dates can go ahead but if they were to be postponed then I would rather that our tickets remain valid for new dates. With London being sold out I wouldn’t want to risk losing out for a new date if tickets are refunded (I am a wheelchair user and the O2 only has 2 spaces). 

Hopefully it won’t come to that and the European dates can go ahead as scheduled, and it would be even better if they could add on the 5 North American dates as it must be so frustrating for those fans to lose out so close to the dates. In the meantime, I think there are 1 or 2 of the live concert DVD’s that I haven’t got yet, so I think I need to do something about that to show a bit of extra support for them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:00 am

BorrowedTime

Caless Student
Caless Student
Richievilla wrote:Get well soon Tomomi, Mami, Rina and Haruna ❤❤❤❤ Such sad news that they have had to postpone the final 5 dates of the tour. My heart goes out to the band who are clearly devastated, not just for themselves but for the fans, judging by the statement they put out. They put so much into the tour and it must be even more frustrating after having to postpone the previous attempt to tour internationally. 

Of course the most important thing is the health of the band, so hopefully their symptoms are mild and they can recover quickly with no longer term effects, and are back doing what they do best very soon. I think I read that they are due to perform at some Japanese festivals in August so hopefully they will be ok for then.

As someone who was lucky enough to get a ticket for London in September obviously I am really hoping the European dates can go ahead but if they were to be postponed then I would rather that our tickets remain valid for new dates. With London being sold out I wouldn’t want to risk losing out for a new date if tickets are refunded (I am a wheelchair user and the O2 only has 2 spaces). 

Hopefully it won’t come to that and the European dates can go ahead as scheduled, and it would be even better if they could add on the 5 North American dates as it must be so frustrating for those fans to lose out so close to the dates. In the meantime, I think there are 1 or 2 of the live concert DVD’s that I haven’t got yet, so I think I need to do something about that to show a bit of extra support for them.
I too hope that the European dates go off without a hitch.  Having the big part of my Vancouver mini-vacation kiboshed by the band contracting COVID was softened by the fact that the city itself was a great place to visit.  That being said, I’d rather not have to miss out on the cornerstone of my first visit to London since 1989 this coming September, by the band cancelling/postponing the Islington show.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.