Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Re: 11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」
Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I'm actually listening to love survive and just seconds into I realize this isn't the Scandal I know anymore.... They now sound like any girl band its not unique Scandal anymore.... I guess its the way Haru and Tomo are singing the lyrics reason thats ticking me off this song. This is probably the first time I ever not liked Tomomi taking lead. I have mixed feelings about this album .whistle. Baby Action better be better or I'm going to regret their evolution....

I will stick to the fact they sound like SNSD just Rock style.... I'm not dropping this fact till I see something better.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've had a good listen to both songs and I officially absolutely love both of them.

The speed, the guitar work, the basslines, RINA's drumming (!!!), the arrangement, the melodies and the breakdowns absolutely OWN. The improvements they are making as musicians are very apparent here.

Imagine these songs live!!

I LOVE this. 頑張って SCANDAL!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 am

Alice

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Belz... wrote:Already ? I didn't expect to have samples so soon.

I'm not sure I like Love Survive so much. The second track sounded better to me, until the middle part. So far I'm a bit dissapointed. We'll see how that works out after I've listened it more than once.

bleachnlife wrote:
I'm actually listening to love survive and just seconds into I realize this isn't the Scandal I know anymore.... They now sound like any girl band its not unique Scandal anymore.... I guess its the way Haru and Tomo are singing the lyrics reason thats ticking me off this song. This is probably the first time I ever not liked Tomomi taking lead. I have mixed feelings about this album Whistle Baby Action better be better or I'm going to regret their evolution....

I will stick to the fact they sound like SNSD just Rock style.... I'm not dropping this fact till I see something better.

Woah, what can you expect from radio rip, let's take conclusion after hear the real one
but IMO they start to get better Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:15 am

Innoveda

Innoveda

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, I found that the quality got in the way of the actual song, making it sound a bit crap.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 BelphegorSig1
Signature credit goes to Goku from Zelda-Infinite!

Heh, Belphegor's Character Song (Arashi no Ouji)... As much as I love Belphegor, I gotta lol at his Character Song.

Shishishi~! It spilled my Royal Blood... My heart won't stop beating...!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:22 am

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wow SCANDAL is rocking again! Wasn´t expecting to hear the songs so early. Nice one I´m happy about this, after the first listening I like them both really much. I hope the track that Mami composed will be even better LOVE

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:04 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I am not going to worry too much.
Several of their songs did not do much for me at first but then they grow on you and you have to sing them all the time like when I am driving the bus !

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 am

~kc~

~kc~

International Performer
International Performer
I don't know what disappointed others, but for me it is a very good song. Love the guitar riffs. It has that rockin' feeling again that lacks the other previous songs/singles.

I wonder how the PV will look like, will they get wet again like in Shoujo S? hehe!

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Untitled

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:34 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:I am not going to worry too much.
Several of their songs did not do much for me at first but then they grow on you and you have to sing them all the time like when I am driving the bus !

You drive a bus I thought you left that to your employees... Yea but it probably take awhile for Love Survive to get into me.... sounds so like Gee by SNSD which was the last thing I wanted... no offense. I just feel Scandal can do better than this.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:57 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned

Do you swerve your bus around when you listen to them ? And, is it a double-decker ?

@Topic: I agree that it may fade as I listen to them more, but it has nothing to do with the quality of the recording.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Belz... wrote:

Do you swerve your bus around when you listen to them ? And, is it a double-decker ?

HAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ swerve the bus won't it tip over?? .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:39 pm

BB

BB

International Performer
International Performer
all right, after seeing so much points, i offer my stance.

personally, i like the songs. it does show them they are capable of producing whatever genre songs in an instant. for me, that is really pleasing as they are able to surprise me time and time again.

for those who find their songs not good (EVEN TILL NOW), i'm gladly appreciate that try put yourself in their souls. this is a band that has done themselves proud over the two years. never mind a bit of criticism, but dare i ask, some of you when you all hear Pride, when you all hear Haruka, you all wanted them to be more rock, then now LOVE SURVIVE comes out, which is rocking enough, and yet you still find it disappointed?

and if you find it similar to SNSD or so, by all means. cause different people have their different opinions. but all i can say is, SCANDAL is SCANDAL, they do it in their own way.

i'm not going any more off topic. anything, PM me.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Rinaavatar1
11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Userbartorres3copy

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 pm

Cryptor

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
Now my day is saved thanks Alrick !!!!!!!!!! .dies.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 76561198015702407
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:18 pm

SummerTris

SummerTris

Caless Student
Caless Student
Both very great songs! Made my day! :D

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 570791_460s_v1
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Alice

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
BB wrote:all right, after seeing so much points, i offer my stance.

personally, i like the songs. it does show them they are capable of producing whatever genre songs in an instant. for me, that is really pleasing as they are able to surprise me time and time again.

for those who find their songs not good (EVEN TILL NOW), i'm gladly appreciate that try put yourself in their souls. this is a band that has done themselves proud over the two years. never mind a bit of criticism, but dare i ask, some of you when you all hear Pride, when you all hear Haruka, you all wanted them to be more rock, then now LOVE SURVIVE comes out, which is rocking enough, and yet you still find it disappointed?

and if you find it similar to SNSD or so, by all means. cause different people have their different opinions. but all i can say is, SCANDAL is SCANDAL, they do it in their own way.

You are COOL BB ^^ .toj.
Their skill is always get better and better in every song

I really waiting for the full version, it still a month to go .wew.
I want to PO ing this but i dislike waiting the shipment

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Cryptor

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
they are getting better and better and I WANT THIS SINGLE NOW ! AND THE ALBUM !!!!!! LOVE damn i am so impatient

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 76561198015702407
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Well, I've just listened to both songs a second time. Love Survive isn't bad, but if this has been the first song I'd heard of SCANDAL instead of Don't Say Lazy, I wouldn't have given the band a second look, probably.

And I'm still bothered by the second half of the 2nd track where they sing in short bits of sentences. It's unfortunate as the first half was better than the first track.

BB, I don't think this discussion or your contribution to it is off-topic since we're discussing the new single in the thread that's devoted to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
BB wrote:all right, after seeing so much points, i offer my stance.

Wait a minute, there's a radio rip of Love Survive already? DAMN!

And yes, well, I never said anything about not liking their songs. I love their songs, always did, always will. I am not big on "genre", because I pretty much like what I like. Be it instrumentals, rock, pop, ballads, heavy metal, if I like it...I like it. Haru's voice strikes a chord with me, and regardless of what songs they sing, I'll enjoy it, until it comes to the point where their whole image overshadows their music, i.e like AKB48. That's all I'm saying.

And yes, I'm done with this convo too.

Belz... wrote:Well, I've just listened to both songs a second time. Love Survive isn't bad, but if this has been the first song I'd heard of SCANDAL instead of Don't Say Lazy, I wouldn't have given the band a second look, probably.

And I'm still bothered by the second half of the 2nd track where they sing in short bits of sentences. It's unfortunate as the first half was better than the first track.

BB, I don't think this discussion or your contribution to it is off-topic since we're discussing the new single in the thread that's devoted to it.

Dude, to be perfectly honest, Love Survive was probably their most rock single in the past 7 months. Buttobase was my least favourite, Pride and Haruka was less rock, but Love Survive is...back to their headbanging best. If you wouldn't have given SCANDAL a second look after this, then I don't think you'd look at SCANDAL...ever. Lol

*haven't listened to the 2nd track yet*

And well, after all that I said...the girls surprised me once again. Image change or no image change, they are still doing awesome stuff o.o

Love Survive is kick-ass O.o

Like...LITERALLY. I feel totally pumped up after hearing it!

Edit: Sorry for double post mods, please combine it.

Last edited by BB on Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : requested, done. :))

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Eyescreamz

Eyescreamz

International Performer
International Performer
Hell Yeah..!!! Love Survive is awesome.!!!
although it's just the radio rip... it sounds pretty awesome.!!!
they made my eyes scream.... OUTSTANDING JOB GIRLS.!!!
.hora. .hora. .hora.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Haruna11

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Untitl10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Paladinoras wrote:If you wouldn't have given SCANDAL a second look after this, then I don't think you'd look at SCANDAL...ever. Lol

That makes no sense, since I did give them a second look.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:27 pm

bemnage

bemnage

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/bemnage?feature=mhum
I really liked the new songs that the girls has made for LOVE SURVIVE.
To be honest, when I first see the title, I've never thought its such a rock-ish and energetic song. I feel that SCANDAL have done well in this song.

As for Kimi ni shitto juu,I don't find the short bits of sentence a bother. Its a great part which they can hype up the crowd during lives. Like what SCANDAL always intended to do, they made the songs with the purpose of playing their songs LIVE.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Bemnagesig

credits to lale [=3

Youtube Channel

TOMO in AFAX
TOMO: We went to the night safari. Hippopotamus.... you know? very very very......... smelly. I die.
LOL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Alice

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
bemnage wrote:I really liked the new songs that the girls has made for LOVE SURVIVE.
To be honest, when I first see the title, I've never thought its such a rock-ish and energetic song. I feel that SCANDAL have done well in this song.

As for Kimi ni shitto juu,I don't find the short bits of sentence a bother. Its a great part which they can hype up the crowd during lives. Like what SCANDAL always intended to do, they made the songs with the purpose of playing their songs LIVE.

i can't agree for you more than this .clap.

curious what the live will going on

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:41 pm

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
yah, that was also one of my first thoughts when i listened to this; this is going to sound INSANE live!

i'm gonna come right out and say it -- i pressed PLAY expecting taikimi and got a mosh pit instead LOL!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE play this at the convention!!!

.please.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:54 pm

aron94

aron94

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://yui-lover.com
well, it doesnt matter how the they arrange the song, for me, lyrics tells us all.
a meaningful lyric = a good song. if you are a person that listen to how the music is being arranged, then please move the the k-pop area. :D
for me, this songs when I first listen to it, I kinda dont like it, but listen to it for some time, I find myself accepting it. one thing I havent done is to read the lyrics. if the lyrics is good, this will totally be a good song. :D
Chill out everyone!

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Main_fight

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 7 Bg_mZAxain-1
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Aron, if it were about the lyrics, no one who doesn't speak Japanese would like SCANDAL. Also, when I want powerful music, pop doesn't cut it because the singing occupies most of its focus. Happy

I am chilled out ! Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
wat wrote:yah, that was also one of my first thoughts when i listened to this; this is going to sound INSANE live!

i'm gonna come right out and say it -- i pressed PLAY expecting taikimi and got a mosh pit instead LOL!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE play this at the convention!!!

.please.

I like this comment. If this is the general sound the girls are going forward to, I will support this with much gusto!

I played along to these two songs earlier this evening and it was crazy fun, I bet MAMI will have a sore neck playing these live from all the headbanging.

I ESPECIALLY love the break in Kimi ni Shitto Chuu. Konno mama zutto konno mama zutto Rock on

Awesome, simply awesome. I love how SCANDAL can keep surprising people after all this time.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.