Go down

Re: 11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」
Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:41 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@bleachnlife
Yes it is a double decker but they can lean to 45 degrees before they fall over !

@Topic
I am afraid I have to agree with my friend Belz.
It does not hit me like 'Doll' or 'Space ranger' did but I have already say it may grow on me and of course if you do not speak Japanese the lyrics do not mean a lot !

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 am

Freakypandaz

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
THIS IS DAH BOMB MAN! BRING BACK THAT GARAGE ROCK! It's been so long since something so rockish (is that even a word?) came from SCANDAL. Definitely worth the listen despite the low quality! XD
Can't help but wait for the official release!

GOING WAY OFF TOPIC FROM HERE ON:

Totally agree with aron94. The lyrics will make a huge difference. I certainly will go for substance > style. Even if I couldn't understand Japanese (yet), there is a difference when the songs are sang. When SCANDAL covered Secret Base, I cried, but when I heard the original by ZONE, damn, it was a whole different level. Why? Because the song was theirs. There's feelings within lyrics, the way they are sang. It was totally different from the way SCANDAL did it. From what was a really heart touching release by SCANDAL eventually became a really good cover by SCANDAL in my heart. We may not be able to understand the lyrics, but we definitely can sense their feelings in their own songs. LYRICS DO MATTER. This is why artists that write their own lyrics are generally more respected by the public.

+1 in agreement with Bem as well. The short sentences can be useful at life shows.

SCANDAL has certainly played around with genres in their releases. They might be a hit or miss for some, but dang, they sure know how to prevent their fans from getting bored. Always coming out with something unexpected.

Paladinoras wrote:If you wouldn't have given SCANDAL a second look after this, then I don't think you'd look at SCANDAL...ever. Lol
I can't agree more. LOVE SURVIVE actually gives me the nostalgia of their earlier songs, but with huge improvements and with hints of mix genre. If this was actually a miss, you might have actually caught on with some of SCANDAL's "experiments". Now that SCANDAL is actually bringing back some of their previous styles, it might have been alien for you.

Along with BB's comment, if this song isn't rock enough, how high is your expectations? I believe SCANDAL is more towards a mixed genre band not an all out rock band, capable of switching genres and seeking out even more new ones.

I honestly feel that by the time BABY ACTION comes out, we might even find more genres from before in it. There's always something new waiting for us in their next release. This was why I never dropped SCANDAL after Nanka. As much as that was a miss for me, the next release 「PRIDE」 was a hit for me (not counting R-GIRL's ROCK since that was a cover album).

There's no better or lousier music, it's just whether you like it or not. No point comparing it against another band or group, it's just different. SCANDAL has their style, AKB48 has theirs and so do the Kpop groups. I used to judge Kpop music, but honestly, it was just because I was a self centered pig then, thinking that all music has to go along with me. But in reality, I just didn't like their songs, and there are others that bask in the glory of them. Who are we to compare their songs? We are in no place to do so. If you're going to judge the song against one of another band, you might as well just get SCANDAL to quit. They're entertaining us for crying out loud! And here we are, thinking that they're not doing their job? Get them to quit then, I'll like to see you try.

BACK TO TOPIC:

IN A NUTSHELL, I LOVE THIS SONG MAN! I LOVE IT BECAUSE I LOVE SCANDAL, BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS HAD A PLACE IN MY HEART, NO MATTER HOW I CAN DIE OUT ON THEM SOMETIMES, NO MATTER HOW SOME SONGS DON'T CLICK WITH ME. THEY ARE SCANDAL AND THAT'S HOW I LOVE THEM. THIS RELEASE IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!

Last edited by Freakypandaz on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Rina2u
If the pouring rain stops, the new sky will shine. Anytime can change for sure, as long as you seriously wish for it everything will be alright. ~会いたい - SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:56 am

aron94

aron94

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://yui-lover.com
tonymiller wrote:
@Topic
I am afraid I have to agree with my friend Belz.
It does not hit me like 'Doll' or 'Space ranger' did but I have already say it may grow on me and of course if you do not speak Japanese the lyrics do not mean a lot !

Excuse me, there's something called translation. if you havent really browse through the forum, please do so. One more thing, this makes you and Belz same of a kind, listen only to the music arrangement. To be honest, the soul of the song is the lyric. instrument is secondary.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Main_fight

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Bg_mZAxain-1
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@aron94
Of course there is translation and I have the English lyrics to all of Scandal songs thanks to SH and Youtube.
I am talking about the first impression the song has made on me, as a musician myself I like to make my own mind up.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:08 am

Freakypandaz

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hey hey guys, let's not go too off topic from now. Everyone has their own views on music, and we certainly shared a lot. For now, let us just enjoy (if you may) the beautiful music from SCANDAL.

i'll just embedded it here again, if the admins see the embed unfit, please remove

「Love Survive」by SCANDAL:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
aron94 wrote:Excuse me, there's something called translation. if you havent really browse through the forum, please do so. One more thing, this makes you and Belz same of a kind, listen only to the music arrangement. To be honest, the soul of the song is the lyric. instrument is secondary.

That is your personal opinion. To me, the melody is the most important, which is one of the reasons why I prefer instrumental songs or songs in languages I don't speak.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:29 am

aron94

aron94

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Then since SCANDAL new songs cant fill your expectations, then why bother listening to them? You can always dont listen to their new stuff and continue listening to their old stuff. Its kinda insulting to the artist/band if you say you dont bother about the lyrics. they compose the lyrics with their heart and soul.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:38 am

Belz...

Banned
Banned
Aron, you're over-analysing this. I love Pride, which is one of their most recent songs. I love CUTE! also. I just don't know about Love Survive. And even if it happens that I dislike it, why would I stop listening to them ? Because of one song I don't like ? Or two ? Or five ? That is completely unreasonable.

As for the lyrics, good for those who understand them. I don't. How can I care about something I don't understand ? The fact of the matter is that I care more about the melody, and my personal preferences are not debatable.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
i'd prefer if both of you stop this NOW.

thanks

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:54 am

aron94

aron94

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Kaito: I am stopping no worries~ :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 am

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hmmm. i've listened to the radio rip... and I agree that this was their coming-back to the headbanging-rock-songs single.... (although my favorites are in their garage rock-genre-songs).... but, i listened to almost all of their songs,, i've got 2 of their albums in my ipod, and a several of their singles(i'm lazy to count them).. BUT I LOVE ALL THEIR SONGS..... and i think, THIS HARD WORKING GIRLS ARE DOING THEIR BEST, AND WITH "PASSION" (the most important ingredient in a song)....
about the language thing,,, just like what RINA said.... MUSIC BREAKS THE LANGUAGE BARRIER... i just want to remind you guys... .uhuh.

i remember my classmates asking me why am i listening to SCANDAL, if it's japanese and "i can't understand" them (for i was known as the straight punk, and 50's rock and roll guy in ,school),... i just answered them, "I UNDERSTAND THEM. IT"S all because i LISTEN to their music, not just HEAR it. Thumbs Onion

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 63034914
11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 am

DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
Hmmm.. having read through this thread, I want to say that I would wait to hear the "crisp and clear" version of the songs recently posted until I give my final comment. Sound quality matters in appreciating a song. That way we hear the song in its intended form and not in a sh*tty quality radio rip.

And I have to say I'm happy they chose this direction in composing the songs. .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:44 am

Rinaland

Rinaland

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I agree with who saying that represents a return to "headbanging-rock-songs". There is more guitar distortion and Tomo presence in every way (the first song she sings almost more than Haruna. On the other hand, I think should not be "alarmed" if we have a discuss a position, this is a forum, where else could argue but? Come on guys, not going to drop the world for a debate... relax Kaito, nothing happen dude.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Fotodflog2
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
What I think Kaito is trying to say is that if anybody wants to argue or debate on the forum, they should bring it to a different thread, drop the argument and agree to disagree, or take it to private messages. This Love Survive thread is more about the info SCANDAL's latest single, hence the reason BB put it under the SCANDAL News category. I come to this thread not to be part of some debate but to see what's new with the band.
I think arguments would be more appropriate in the SCANDAL Talk category, where we can chat about anything SCANDAL related; pros and cons of whatever, getting opinions of other SH members, arguments, random "what if" questions, etc.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:32 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Hoho a lot of arguments here. Just a reminder guys: "An OPINION is like a watch: everybody thinks theirs is correct." So let us just respect each other's opinions to avoid conflicts among us members here. Just chill out guys. Happy

And yeah, just to add my opinion to the huge amount of opinions already stated here, I just want to say that SCANDAL is not a ROCK-BAND anymore. They're a MULTI-GENRE BAND now. If you listen through all of their songs starting from SPACE RANGER to Kimi ni Shitto Chuu, you'll definitely recognize the genre differences in all of their songs. That's why we're having different thoughts about it. If we like it, then that's good. If we don't, then there's nothing can be done, even by the girls. But they are musicians who play in their own way, so even if we like their songs or not, they'll just keep playing and experimenting and have fun. Happy

On topic: Just heard the radio rips and i totally love both! I wonder how it will sound live, 'cause usually I fell in love deeply with their songs when I hear it LIVE. Haha. Though I didn't like the pauses in Track 2, but like some of you guys said it will come handy during LIVE performances. Punkman

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Counterclock

Counterclock

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Belz... wrote:
aron94 wrote:Excuse me, there's something called translation. if you havent really browse through the forum, please do so. One more thing, this makes you and Belz same of a kind, listen only to the music arrangement. To be honest, the soul of the song is the lyric. instrument is secondary.

That is your personal opinion. To me, the melody is the most important, which is one of the reasons why I prefer instrumental songs or songs in languages I don't speak.

Me too, and agreed.

If I was looking for songs just based on lyrics, I would have stayed listening to music that in spanish or english.

I love Scandal music because they do a good job of not letting the lyrics be the main point of their songs.

Edit: If they dont then Scandal does a good job of making me think otherwise. Nice one

LieAnn wrote:Hoho a lot of arguments here. Just a reminder guys: "An OPINION is like a watch: everybody thinks theirs is correct." So let us just respect each other's opinions to avoid conflicts among us members here. Just chill out guys. Happy

And yeah, just to add my opinion to the huge amount of opinions already stated here, I just want to say that SCANDAL is not a ROCK-BAND anymore. They're a MULTI-GENRE BAND now. If you listen through all of their songs starting from SPACE RANGER to Kimi ni Shitto Chuu, you'll definitely recognize the genre differences in all of their songs. That's why we're having different thoughts about it. If we like it, then that's good. If we don't, then there's nothing can be done, even by the girls. But they are musicians who play in their own way, so even if we like their songs or not, they'll just keep playing and experimenting and have fun. Happy

On topic: Just heard the radio rips and i totally love both! I wonder how it will sound live, 'cause usually I fell in love deeply with their songs when I hear it LIVE. Haha. Though I didn't like the pauses in Track 2, but like some of you guys said it will come handy during LIVE performances. Punkman

I agree with LieAnn, now Im not a music guru, but from some of the artists Ive followed, they usually start in a genre, but as their career progresses they start working together with other artists, some who arent even in their genre, and eventually they themselves start making other type of music. Reasons? Who knows, it may be because they want to, it may be because they have to, it may be because they feel they have to, or it may be because we all like to do the chicken dance.

Did you think I was going to end this paragraph on a serious note? Shame on you if you did.

Last edited by BB on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : double posting is not allowed)

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 The_legend_of_giant_dad_by_theblasianbruski-d6sotfu
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 pm

paxo

paxo

International Performer
International Performer
hey Alrick thanks for sharing this! Cant believe i listen to them till today Woaw

Lol they were really a lot of arguments.. Anyway I loved both songs, It's true that they're not a full Rock band anymore.. But I like their style that way ^_^

Cant wait to listen a better quality of both songs, & of course.. I'm wondering how Hikare will be =)

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 14534_s
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 pm

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow! Once again I'm a day lat and a dollar short. After going through the thread since the rip release I'd have to say LieAnn hit the nail on the head. Because SCANDAL has become such a diverse band, it brings out strong opinions. Here's mine:

"Love Pattern" and "Kimi ni Shitto Chuu" are definitely NOT "garage band". To me a garage band sound is one that is not over produced and you know the song sounds the same live as it does recorded. These songs are, to me, over-produced. I love the rock aspect but the synthetic-ness reminds me I'm listening to a studio recording. I prefer 'Kimi ni Shitto Chuu" over "Love Pattern", except for those pauses. But both of these songs just don't seem to have the hook for me. Both are technically awesome and the girls really show how much they've grown musically.

These songs remind me of "Kagerou" and "HiHiHi". I don't care for the studio recordings of them but when I see the live performances I'm blown away. I'm looking forward to seeing them performed live.

EDIT: lovesurvivelovesurvivelovesurvive.........duh!

Last edited by propglenn on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
propglenn wrote:Wow! Once again I'm a day lat and a dollar short. After going through the thread since the rip release I'd have to say LieAnn hit the nail on the head. Because SCANDAL has become such a diverse band, it brings out strong opinions. Here's mine:

"Love Pattern" and "Kimi ni Shitto Chuu" are definitely NOT "garage band". To me a garage band sound is one that is not over produced and you know the song sounds the same live as it does recorded. These songs are, to me, over-produced. I love the rock aspect but the synthetic-ness reminds me I'm listening to a studio recording. I prefer 'Kimi ni Shitto Chuu" over "Love Pattern", except for those pauses. But both of these songs just don't seem to have the hook for me. Both are technically awesome and the girls really show how much they've grown musically.

These songs remind me of "Kagerou" and "HiHiHi". I don't care for the studio recordings of them but when I see the live performances I'm blown away. I'm looking forward to seeing them performed live.

Eh...I think you meant Love Survive xD

Love Pattern = Koi Moyou = and that is actually legal garage rock. Purest of the pure as far as the girls are concerned.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:45 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
i really like the single but like the haruka single, i like the other song (satisfaction) in the single more.

i agree with propglenn, kagerou became my favorite songs after i heard them perform it live. i hope this captures that same magic and loses some of that post produced sound live.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:18 pm

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I resisted listening immediately and made the effort of reading through the comments of everyone beforehand.
On first listen of Love Survive:
1. Proper rock!! Wasn't expecting this. Immediately strikes me as something a well-established rock band would come out with.
2. Does have elements of dance music influence I think or maybe that's just the quality.
3. Vocals are sharp and suit the song perfectly. Some places a little messy though. But both Haruna and Tomomi sound great! I was getting worried since Haruna has taken the lead in most recent singles.
**** I think, though it'll probably grow on me. There are a few too many effects e.g. on vocals and overproductions I think but I'd love to hear it live. Can't wait for the PV! Expecting something like Shunkan but more dynamic, energetic and bold. Love it! Could easily see it as the op or ed of a popular action anime like Bleach. I'm glad it turned out this way cos the cover wasn't that encouraging. Nice one

Kimi ni Shitto Chuu:
1. Instantly retro rock groove! Love the riff and attitude. This single is shaping up to be great! Finally something I could show all my rock-loving friends with pride.
2. Bass solo!!! Loving the rock&roll vibe. Hoping to see more like this from them!
3. Pauses are a bit weird at first but work with the bass drum. Guitar solo! <3
4. Vocals are good, like the parts where Mami takes the lower octave.
**** again! I really liked both songs, but together they work just right. If Hikare is good which I'm sure it will be then this will be their best single for me of 2011 so far.
Overall really glad there is a strong rock vibe which could appeal to anyone. Love Survive I think will be popular with J-Rock fans. Gives great prospects for Baby Action and definitely shows maturity since Space Ranger. Melodically they're not especially memorable but it's the style, instrumental arrangement and overall vibe which clinch it for me! Reckon it'll get a lot of listens on my mp3 in future... .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:41 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
When first hear it I didn't really think too highly of it. It just reminded of Gee by SNSD too much... But I'm slowly liking it which is good ^_^ .happy. I can now hear the Rock in it. Like my friend told me I listen to the song over and over now I'm pretty happy with ^_^ but I still think Haruka and its 2 other songs beat this album.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 pm

BB

BB

International Performer
International Performer
point of note: anything more that is engaging to an argument or so, i will suggest you all PM. i am seriously warning this.

Hikare BGM.

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Rinaavatar1
11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 Userbartorres3copy

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:02 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
YIKES!!!! Thanks Paladinoras!. Love Survive is staring me in the face as the Re. Once again posting while under the influence of sleep deprivation. Let this be a lesson children.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:13 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
wow Hikare sounds really good. good job MAMI and RINA!

11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  11th Single - 「LOVE SURVIVE」  - Page 8 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.