Go down

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

It would help promote Scandal internationally if they had an official YouTube channel with PVs and announcements about upcoming releases. Tell Scandal's management how much you would appreciate an official channel and be entered to win a Scandal CD, DVD, or book of your choice from Scandal Heaven!

How it works:
- Write a polite email to Epic Records Japan (epic_industry@epic-jp.net) telling them how great it would be to have an official YouTube channel for Scandal.
- Then, send a tweet to Scandal's official twitter account (@scandal_band) asking if they have or plan to have an official YouTube channel.
- Afterwards post here when you've sent your email and tweet, and link to your twitter message.
- Out of those who participate, one person will be randomly selected by Scandal Heaven on December 15th to receive a Scandal CD, DVD or book of their choice shipped to them from CDJapan! (If the winner is under 18 you will need to have a parent or guardian supply their mailing address. The winner is responsible for any VAT/customs fee if your country charges you for imports.)

Don't know what to write about?
- Tell how you'd like to spread the word about Scandal to your friends but you can't find any PVs to show them.
- Talk about the success of other artists in getting exposure from YouTube (k-pop has a lot of examples, SNSD, 2ne1, etc all get a ton of views on their official releases.)
- Say how you would support an official channel by subscribing and adding official videos to your youtube favorites.

Let's all encourage Scandal to promote themselves internationally!

EDIT:
Thanks again to everyone who supported Scandal and participated. The winner has been chosen!

EDIT AGAIN:
Success! Their official channel has been launched!
.dance.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SCANDAL4VEVO

Last edited by 320x200 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 am; edited 4 times in total

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down
bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SWEET!!! I'd want to send them a personally hand written letter just to show my full dedication, but I guess this method works too... HA HA! Thanks for the heads up bud!

As for my prize... I want my sticks back... AUTOGRAPHED!!!
Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest 867634
That I'll request personally in the email as well... hurr...

You think it'll give us more kudos if we mention we're supporters from SH also?...

Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, Epic Records Japan doesn't list a mailing address for english-language contacts.

Feel free to mention Scandal Heaven and tell them how many fans Scandal has all around the world! I wouldn't mention our little giveaway contest though, we want to make sure the messages come across sincerely. :)

Back to top Go down
kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
Made it a sticky cause its a contest(i encourage everyone to join) and i can Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest Awesome-120110725-22047-1faqsqh

Back to top Go down
haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
this is damn cool
nice idea man :>

Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This is nice alright, I do believe Epic Records Japan will take mails in English... but the tweets to @scandal_band, can we be sure? Because my Japanese is only good enough to make very simple phrases...

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Eisuke manages that account and I think he can understand some English.

Back to top Go down
NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
As a side note, don't spam their accounts, if you spam it is unlikely they will even read it.

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well I do hope his english is better then my Japanese =D

@NathanielG
I think don't spam is pretty much given for any member of SH, at least I hope it is... but you do have a point... if a bazillion of people suddenly send tweets to him in English he might think it is spam... but apparently... not many people are participating in this... so I don't think it will be a problem.

Anyway, going to right the e-mail and tweet tomorrow, and then post here with link. Do I have to post a copy of my mail here as well? or only the tweet?

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hammer wrote:Anyway, going to right the e-mail and tweet tomorrow, and then post here with link. Do I have to post a copy of my mail here as well? or only the tweet?

Just the tweet is fine. I think we can trust people to actually send the email :)

Back to top Go down
amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
yea fam, im on that thing fam, ill get my mates 2 join they b happy 2 do it fam, im gonna ask 4 of my mate not much but its something, the only problem is i aint got a twitter account and i dont no wat 2 write,

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Well I have already sent the mail, if they give any answer I will keep you guys updated =).
Also here is the tweet I sent. I tried to make it as simple and short as possible for understanding purposes, since I wrote in English. If I need to write more then tell me and I will do so. =)
http://twitter.com/#!/GorrHammer/status/138089710391279617

On my mail I mentioned how I believed it would help the band boost their popularity if they had an official YouTube channel, and talked about people how are just curious about what kind of musics SCANDAL has to offer but doesn't want to buy an CD/DVD yet before they have a taste of some of their musics/PVs (I was one of them Hohoho Onion )
Also I said how it would specially help fans who live outside of Japan to keep updated about recent news from the band, etc.
Anyway... just saying some of what I wrote for anyone who doesn't know what to write.

At least I hope my English was/is good enough for them to understand haha.

Back to top Go down
dem0nkn1ght

dem0nkn1ght

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Great idea. Maybe on niconico also isn't a bad idea. Love Struck

@Hammer : It's short and sweet :D But about updating news I think they will still like us to stick to their website?

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah I thought of that as well, but I don't know... I mean, I for example, do not keep checking their site regularly, or of any other band that I like.
I do go check (on the official website) when they update something on their Facebook/twitter, YouTube channel, or in SCANDAL case, when someone here posts any news xD.

So what I would suggest was update their official channel with a shorter version of the most important news/announcements just to keep the fans updated, but have the hole article in their website with a link to it.

But I agree with you, they would provably still want us to stick to their website, but it doesn't hurt to try eh? Hohoho Onion

On a side note, I usually use fan pages/sites to keep myself updated. They are usually updated more often and more complete (at least for small announcements/news). But oh well, they need to know that. Onion Tea

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
dem0nkn1ght wrote:But about updating news I think they will still like us to stick to their website?

They use twitter all the time for news updates, I don't think they're trying to keep news exclusive to the website.

Back to top Go down
midori-chan

midori-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I HOPE they listen to our requests.. Hahaha CANTA Clap

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just under 1 week left to participate!

So far we have Hammer winning by default :)

Back to top Go down
ileana_guzmo14

ileana_guzmo14

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest Collag10
Back to top Go down
Tscorpion

Tscorpion

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Tscorpion12?feature=mhee
Here is mine:
http://twitter.com/#!/Tscorpion12/status/145235822784942080

In the mail I mentioned that an official Youtube channel would help the people to meet SCANDAL ...

Well this is the short version ...

Back to top Go down
eremus123

eremus123

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Heyhey~

I've done it as well! LINK: http://twitter.com/#!/_dobondobondo/status/145370353433198593

Emailed them too about how it help SCANDAL if they have a YouTube channel! Happy

Back to top Go down
mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Just wondering if I'm allowed to participate in here as well? Hehee

Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Sure thing mc~ Happy

Back to top Go down
Haseo9

Haseo9

Caless Student
Caless Student

Back to top Go down
Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Awwww and i was half expecting to be the only one participating... AHAHHA Just kidding... its better this way. Great thing more people are sending them mails and tweets.

Back to top Go down

zglar

Caless Student
Caless Student
I emailed this to EPIC Records Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest 976811:
Spoiler:
And for those that's slow on loading the image here's the copy of the mail:

Really hoping that they'll give a response Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest 911293 and make the account hehehhehe Scandal official YouTube channel request and giveaway contest 450165

And btw this is my twitter post to @scandal_band:
http://twitter.com/#!/stephanus_agung/status/145727149607895040

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum