You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ceat

Ceat

Caless Student
Caless Student
mafu_kurohime wrote:i did feel the same before haha. but i love Tomo's voice now. I think i appreciated it first when i heard Switch ~

totally agree. I think Switch was the first song where I like Tomo's singing part more than Haruna's!
And now I find more and more songs where I think yes Tomo's voice really fits! Nice one

Back to top Go down

nataku

Caless Student
Caless Student
I did prefer Haruna's vocals more than Tomomi's at the start since I'm not a big fan of her higher pitch voice. Now, I don't mind her voice as long as it's suitable for the song, but it took a lot of repeat listening of songs to get there.

Back to top Go down
heiya

heiya

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
like Lexian said, the same goes for me, "LOVE AT FIRST LISTEN"
I also love how TIMO's voice blended well with HARU's .love.

Back to top Go down
Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Tomo's voice was a little too high pitched for me at first, but I don't think it took me too long to get used to her voice and come to really like it. I warmed up to Tomo's voice pretty quickly, I love the way it sounds when she sings alone and I love the way it sounds when she sings with Haru. Their voices blend beautifully together. .smile.

Back to top Go down
Baracuda

Baracuda

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hmm, I guess when I first listened to SCANDAL (which was actually their cover of "Don't say Lazy" at ANIMAX) I didn't really notice Tomomi's voice to be so distinct because I had already listened to so many other Japanese songs with high pitched voices and had gotten used to it.... (though I'm being honest, something about Tomomi and whenever she had those small solo parts, I really clanged onto...) Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 12776

But when I listened to the Shunkan Sentimental and Shoujo S soon after (when I got really interested into SCANDAL hehe), I really got to listen to Tomi's voice and how it blended so well with Haruna's. So for one thing, I never disliked her voice from the start, but I never became attached to it until I listened to those two songs.

But yea, many have said so already, but her high voice just harmonizes so well with Haruna's deeper voice. And especially when Mami joins in, it sounds wonderful. Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 620191 Even by herself, Tomomi can always sing the right note and does so flawlessly, and I love how she puts some extra emphasis's sometimes whenever she sings live. Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 438254

Oh Tomomi, making some naan. Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 911293

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Dfe8 Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Scanda13Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 118
Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Daxb
Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
hmm~ my 1st SCANDAL song was SCANDAL Baby~ and I was kinda shocked about her voice~ but after that, I begun to love Timo's voice~ so unique and really high~ her voice and HARU's voice has a nice combination~ .love.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down
Sugarcube

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
I thought Timo's voice was sooo cute. But I wasn't fond of her voice back then. It was not "rock".

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 T2xy8t6
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I can't call it "acquire", because I can't say that I dislike Tomo's voice when I first heard it. The first SCANDAL song that I listened to and watched is Shoujo S. I'm not really a fan of high pitched vocals, but that does not mean that I dislike it. Her parts in that song fits for her voice, just like in other SCANDAL songs. Plus, it blends well with Haru's vocals. To be honest, I really like Haru's vocals, but it becomes perfect once the two vocals are combined. Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 924158

For me, a song with just having Haru's voice or just Tomo's voice or just Mami's voice or even just Rina's voice, even if it sounds great, feels lonely, like something is missing.

Back to top Go down
nekopi028

nekopi028

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
well I always love Tomo's voice Happy)

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Vlcsna10 Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Vlcsna11

SCANDAL.MAMI  .smile. 
Back to top Go down
Scandalove

Scandalove

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.scandalove.com
Since I had listened to a lot of other Japanese artists before I heard SCANDAL I had gotten used to a lot of music where the singers had high pitched voices. The reason I really started to love SCANDAL was because Haruna's deep voice went so well with Tomomi's high pitched voice. I can't understand japanese very well but in interviews or behind the scenes videos I love hearing Tomomi talk because her high pitched voice is unique. It makes me smile whenever I listen to it. So in short I have always loved Tomomi's voice =)

Back to top Go down
NeWCo

NeWCo

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love her voice the first time i heard it. It sounds really cute and it really suits her. Her cute voice fits with her childish and goof-around attitude. And her voice sounds really for anime, as most anime are associated with jrock.

i love tomo the first time i saw them Nice one

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 12310 Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 12776
Back to top Go down
nanashi101

nanashi101

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.binayashakya.wordpress.com
i loved here voice from the start when i heard harukaze i was wow tomo voice is awesome n i kept here voice sa my ringtone too

Back to top Go down
note844

note844

Caless Student
Caless Student
I do love her voice, It's contrast to her low pitch bass sound but just..... Perfect!!

Back to top Go down
Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I did have to acquire some form of love for Tomo's voice. In the first songs I listened to, I didn't mind, although I noticed the pitch of in Koshi-Tantan's live. When I heard Harukaze, my ears began to hurt, and Shunkan was okay. Eventually I got used to it, but in Houkago 1H live it get squeaky. There was a point where I wanted her to sing less and Haru and Mami sing, but that didn't really happen. I do love her voice in Kagerou(one of my favorites) whether it is live or not. But I don't like when they make her voice higher than it really is in the songs, like Love Survive. I loved her voice in the Indie days(Space Ranger, Sakura, Kagerou, Koi Moyou, Ashita no Ashita, Playboy) because it was high, but strong.

I'm done now. Sorry if I rambled...forgive me! .please.

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Bringing out an old topic which I shouldn't really do lol but something's piqued my interest and this is even perhaps the wrong topic but... Am I the only one's that noticed how pitchy Tomomi's gotten? I love Tomo's voice; really I do-- her voice got me interested in SCANDAL in the first place. It was wonderful and lovely but especially last year, her voice has gotten extremely high-pitched and squeaky.

I thought it was maybe a natural occurrence, like what happened to Haruna's voice, but it doesn't really seem that way. I thought it was possible that it was because to make more of a contrast between her's and Haru's new voice but I'm not too sure either. Take 'Pinheel Surfer' as an example in this live or even check out the whole Yoyogi live in which what I'm talking about is pretty obvious:

Frankly, that voice in PHS scares me lol XD but anyway, it's quite a large gap. You can also kinda hear the squeakiness in live versions of 'Taiyou Scandalous'.

However, there are times when Tomo can still sound like she did in the TB and Indies era which is the time I'm sure some of us fell for her voice in the song 'Switch' which is why to me this current voice doesn't exactly seem natural. Check out budokan's great version of Switch with the Temptation Box Tour version. I do hope that I offended no one with this comment of mine .please.

Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
No.

I liked it immediately upon hearing it. Whether people like it or not, Timo's voice is a VITAL part of the SCANDAL sound. Without her to provide the contrast between Haru's and Mami's voices, SCANDAL will sound like any other female fronted band out there and lose one of the things that make SCANDAL SCANDAL.

Also, maybe I'm getting deaf in my old age but honestly, I don't notice any significant change in her voice.

Back to top Go down
Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
macdyne73 wrote:No.

I liked it immediately upon hearing it. Whether people like it or not, Timo's voice is a VITAL part of the SCANDAL sound. Without her to provide the contrast between Haru's and Mami's voices, SCANDAL will sound like any other female fronted band out there and lose one of the things that make SCANDAL SCANDAL.

Also, maybe I'm getting deaf in my old age but honestly, I don't notice any significant change in her voice.
I second that. Tomomi's voice is what actually make SCANDAL SCANDAL. I first heard Namida no Regret and it was full of Haruna's voice at the beginning. I wasn't really fond of Haruna's voice type, but then I got to the chorus part, I heard 3 voices, of course Tomomi's is one of them, and I think it's a great match. So, to me, it's Haruna actually whose voice I had to acquire love for.

Tomomi is adorable as she is, playing that deepest sounded instrument while having the highest voice pitch among the girls. It's her chipmunky voice that makes me like Scandal the very first time.

.omg.Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down
baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I must admit that initially I found it hard to accept Scandal because of her voice. I really dislike this kind of voice which I only find in Japanese female singers.

But strangely I really like her voice on Scandal ballad songs like One Piece and Bitter Chocolate, her voice is just full of emotion. Now I'm kinda used to her voice, I still prefer Haru's voice rather than hers, but I'm okay with her voice now.

Back to top Go down
Konata

Konata

Caless Student
Caless Student
Definitely love her squeaky voice .smile.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 16159_11
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
At the very start i was a bit surprised with her voice but i quickly started to love it. Like others said, it's what makes Scandal, her voice and Haru's together, the contrast.

Back to top Go down
atpsiam

atpsiam

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
In the beginning, no. The first time I listened/watched Shoujo S, I was hooked onto her voice and Haruna's voice. I kind of had to adjust to her more higher pitched voice now, but I still love it. .smile.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Cute15
Wish I could find a ninja girl like her .love.
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
ichiruki! wrote: I love Tomo's voice; really I do-- her voice got me interested in SCANDAL in the first place. It was wonderful and lovely but especially last year, her voice has gotten extremely high-pitched and squeaky.

Her voice has definitely changed, although I think she's been trying to dial it back a little bit lately. If you listen to Encore Show, the difference is obvious between a song like "FUTURE" and any of the later songs. When I first started listening to Scandal in 2008/2009, there were times when I actually wasn't sure whether it was Tomomi or Haruna singing. For example, I had no idea she sang a big part of the second verse of "Doll" until I saw the video. She also *looked* different in their early videos - she was a lot more serious originally, up to probably around "Taiyō to Kimi ga Egaku Story". Somebody on their team probably coached her to have her own style, and they settled on the high pitched sound and bubbly look to contrast with Haruna.

But on their recent songs, she really sounds like she's going back a little bit to the way she used to be. I think that's a good thing, especially if they're really going for a more mature sound now. If she looked and sounded too mature in the beginning, now she'd sound about right with that same voice as she originally had.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, I agree with spacecadet, Tomomi was always the genki girl and I think they
started to play on it a little too much.
Every idol group has it's goofy genki girl ( and no I am not saying SCANDAL are idols ! )
Momoko Tsunaga of H!P is a good example, she is naturally hyper like Tomomi but they
started to use it too much, it is always her who gets dragged around the stage and she has become
too cute to where it has become irritating.

We know from Tomomi's blogs that she is not an airhead and of course like the other girls
she is older now.
I always want Tomomi to be Tomomi, I just dont want her to be the stooge in the band.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I was never really fond of high pitched voice.. I don't know why.
But after hearing Tomo's voice I came to love it.. her voice is just that charming. .love.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 3 Scanda15
SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down
Rencast_Guilty

Rencast_Guilty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://seff-the-scandalous.tumblr.com/
I loved her cute voice ever since I listened to SCANDAL....and I loved it more when I listened to Dobondobondo... .happy.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.