Go down

Re: SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」
Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:33 pm

UltimaRaiden

UltimaRaiden

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://raiden48.wordpress.com
Well I just got back from the Nagoya show at Century Hall.

As predicted, can't make it back to my hostel in Tokyo, and I'm a cheapskate and don't want to drop 2800 yen on a hostel here or 6000 on a train back.  So what's the solution?  Internet cafe for 1200 yen!  lol  Free self-service drink bar!  OMG, VALUE!

Anyway my arms hurt.  Those of you who haven't gone and are going, you're going to have a lot of fun if tonight was any indication.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:15 pm

GorillaZ

GorillaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
Something awesome happened to me last night. I was at the Nagoya venue deciding if I was going to watch or not(not really feeling well) and decided to just take it easy and just get the feel of the concert(it is my first time xD). Suddenly someone approached me and gave me a ticket. I was so surprised and confused about what just happened that I stood there staring at the ticket. She went inside then disappeared. I could not really believe what just happened but I went in anyway and looked for my seat. I saw my seat and there she was, I wanted to create a sentence to converse with her but I just could not remember any .silence. then the concert started so I just decided to properly thank her and maybe pay for the ticket after the concert. But during the first talk portion she went out and never came back. Kinda sad because I was not able to properly thank her. Hopefully I will be able to see her(or remember her) on the next concert I will be going.

Ill try to remember the details but I am already too sleepy. I'll be dreaming Mami singing Koe tonight! Oh yeah and her hair was nice. Blonde maybe? .love. 

@UltimaRaiden
It was awesome right? .clap.  You still going to their future concerts?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:47 pm

UltimaRaiden

UltimaRaiden

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://raiden48.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

GorillaZ wrote:Something awesome happened to me last night. I was at the Nagoya venue deciding if I was going to watch or not(not really feeling well) and decided to just take it easy and just get the feel of the concert(it is my first time xD). Suddenly someone approached me and gave me a ticket. I was so surprised and confused about what just happened that I stood there staring at the ticket. She went inside then disappeared. I could not really believe what just happened but I went in anyway and looked for my seat. I saw my seat and there she was, I wanted to create a sentence to converse with her but I just could not remember any .silence. then the concert started so I just decided to properly thank her and maybe pay for the ticket after the concert. But during the first talk portion she went out and never came back. Kinda sad because I was not able to properly thank her. Hopefully I will be able to see her(or remember her) on the next concert I will be going.

Ill try to remember the details but I am already too sleepy. I'll be dreaming Mami singing Koe tonight! Oh yeah and her hair was nice. Blonde maybe? .love. 

@UltimaRaiden
It was awesome right? .clap.  You still going to their future concerts?
Wow that's really nice!  I was hanging around there too... looking for a scalper lol.  If I couldn't find a good seat at a good price, I was just going to go explore Nagoya.  (I think it's the first time I've been to concert venue without an actual ticket in hand.)

When I got there, I saw that same-day tickets were available for 5500 yen, so I just went ahead and got one since I'd come so far already.  1st Floor, Row 20, Seat 23.  I was really really surprised.  I think that's so much better than I could've gotten through online ticketing and auctions.  

Unfortunately, I didn't quite make it out to Kanazawa on Tuesday, and Fukuoka is too far for me to go Saturday, especially with the typhoon coming in, so I think this is it for me for the STANDARD tour.

Some notes from this show:

I did not see how the 2nd and 3rd floors looked.  There was still an empty seat here and there on the first floor when I glanced around, but the venue looked pretty full.

Everyone was standing of course, but when the encore call started, there were a lot of people who actually moved from their seats entirely and walked to the area in front of the stage.  Staff didn't seem to mind.

I personally think the encore call was really messy. They started it way too early in my opinion, like seconds after they left.  There's a minimum amount of time they stay back there, so to start it that early, you're just wearing yourself out.

In the lobby were goods sales.  They stayed open for a brief time after the show, but a lot of stuff had sold out already, including all of the towels and a lot of shirt sizes, so buy early!

Next to that were CD and DVD sales.

Next to that, they had bins where you could leave gift for the girls!  They were pretty empty when I saw them at the end, so either they emptied them for safety or no one knew ahead of time.  Something to keep in mind for people going to future stops.

I don't think I have time to do a full summary but some concert highlights.  There's no possible way I could memorize the entire setlist.  I'm sure that'll pop up from someone else, but here's some anecdotes.

It started a little bit late after 7pm.  A couple of stragglers were still just coming in including yours truly.  End time was still about 9:20pm as expected.

They had a pretty long MC after the first set and resumed at about 8pm.  I forgot exactly what the question was.  I spaced out because I was tired and probably dehydrated. lol  I think favorite flavors of something.  I heard Rina pick out Choco-banana and something about hurricane potato.

There wasn't a double encore, just a long MC after the first song.  Haruna did say something like it's been 5 years, but this has the most fun (I think referring to the work and promo around STANDARD).  I believe they announced the next SCANDAL MANIA fanclub event to be in Nagoya next year on January 10th.

The stage backdrop was like a Japanese shrine, and atop the shrine was the SCANDAL "S" logo.  There was also a crescent moon in the back that could light up, so you could dim the stage lights and simulate night.  It was pretty nifty.  About half way through the setlist, the shrine part actually slid away and revealed lights in that back that were arranged to make it looked like a city skyline at night, with building outlines, and spotlights for windows.

Also, they didn't put Rina in the back!  They were all lined up across in the front.  Rina on Haruna's left, Tomomi stage right, Mami stage left.  My seat was such that if I looked straight ahead, I saw Tomomi.  Most of the time I was focus on stage left because of my seat and because that's where most of the singing came from.  But Rina is so fun to watch beasting it on the drums, smiling and singing along.  

Mami singing were probably my favorite parts.  She looked so hot too with the bleach blonde hair in a ponytail.  No more blue streaks, but her outfit was mostly sleeveless and she's the only one wearing pants in the group.  かっこい!

Haruna trading the guitar for a megaphone and dancing around on stage = very hot.  I envy those in the first rows.

At many points my arms were getting tired, but when Tomomi beckons you to clap, you clap. lol

Multiple multiple guitar changes throughout the show.

There was a part I think during the encore where Haruna all of a sudden stopped singing briefly.  When I turned to look, I think it was cause Tomomi ran into her, cause they were laughing.

There's a spotlight on each girl during MC, so you can focus on who's talking.   Tomomi walks a couple feet away to get a drink, spotlight turn off on her.  She walks back, spotlight turns back on. lol I just thought that was pretty cute.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks a lot for the long message, looks like it's awesome!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:05 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
UltimaRaiden wrote:
When I got there, I saw that same-day tickets were available for 5500 yen, so I just went ahead and got one since I'd come so far already.  1st Floor, Row 20, Seat 23.  I was really really surprised.  I think that's so much better than I could've gotten through online ticketing and auctions.  

Wow I hope this is the case for SCANDAL concerts. Will make my future trip to Japan / SCANDAL concerts so much easier

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 4 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:13 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitanuva wrote:
UltimaRaiden wrote:

Wow I hope this is the case for SCANDAL concerts. Will make my future trip to Japan / SCANDAL concerts so much easier
Don't count on that at all if you're traveling all that way for a show. Some of their shows sell out literally in minutes. Being able to walk up to the venue on the day of the show and get tickets is really unusual.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the review, Anson! Can I ask what the deal is with Namida yo Hikare/STANDARD right before the encore? Is it like a mash-up of both of the songs, or...?

UltimaRaiden wrote:Next to that, they had bins where you could leave gift for the girls!  They were pretty empty when I saw them at the end, so either they emptied them for safety or no one knew ahead of time.  Something to keep in mind for people going to future stops.
They usually empty them out during the show. I think most people are aware of the gift boxes, since they've had them available at every show of theirs for a while now, and people typically leave their gifts there before the show starts. We've put a few things in there at past shows we've been to, like Osaka-Jo and Budokan.

-------------------------------------------------

320x200 wrote:
kaitanuva wrote:Wow I hope this is the case for SCANDAL concerts. Will make my future trip to Japan / SCANDAL concerts so much easier
Don't count on that at all if you're traveling all that way for a show. Some of their shows sell out literally in minutes. Being able to walk up to the venue on the day of the show and get tickets is really unusual.
I agree with Sam. RINA posted the ticket situations the day before tour started, and you can see that most of the shows have sold out:

10/19 Katsushika - SOLD OUT
10/22 Kanazawa - SOLD OUT
10/24 Aichi - a few left
10/26 Fukuoka - SOLD OUT
10/28 Kumamoto - SOLD OUT
10/30 Yamaguchi - SOLD OUT
11/01 Ehime Matsuyama City Comprehensive Community Center - a few left
11/03 Hiroshima - SOLD OUT
11/04 Osaka - SOLD OUT
11/07 Tokyo NHK Hall - a few left
11/09 Mie - SOLD OUT
11/12 Nara - SOLD OUT
11/14 Kobe - a few left
11/16 Yamanashi - a few left
11/19 Miyagi - SOLD OUT
11/21 Saitama Omiya Sonic City
11/24 Shizuoka - SOLD OUT
11/26 Sapporo Education and Culture Hall - a few left
11/29 Niigata Prefectural Civic Center - a few left
12/01 Gunma - SOLD OUT
12/03 Tokyo International Forum Hall A

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am

GorillaZ

GorillaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
UltimaRaiden wrote:Wow that's really nice!  I was hanging around there too... looking for a scalper lol.  If I couldn't find a good seat at a good price, I was just going to go explore Nagoya.  (I think it's the first time I've been to concert venue without an actual ticket in hand.)

Unfortunately, I didn't quite make it out to Kanazawa on Tuesday, and Fukuoka is too far for me to go Saturday, especially with the typhoon coming in, so I think this is it for me for the STANDARD tour.
Ohh you can still get 1st floor tickets that time? Nice. For me she gave me 2nd floor 3rd row tickets. .toj.One note though about the venue, even if its the 2nd floor or the third it was not really that bad. I was totally expecting it to be far but it was just fine and the sound resonating in the hall was great.

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Thanks for the review, Anson! Can I ask what the deal is with Namida yo Hikare/STANDARD right before the encore? Is it like a mash-up of both of the songs, or...?
It is as they say they ended it with Standard. It was just a mash-up that ended with Standard. 

The show literary started with a bang. I was surprised the moment Rina first banged her drums. It was really loud. I can't really remember the order of the songs was so I'll just talk about the MC part. I can't really remember if there were 3 or 4 MC parts if there were 4 I maybe mixed the 2nd and 3rd part..please. Anyway here are the things that I can remember from the show (this is based from my 1.44Mb memory and poor nihongo). 

The 1st MC was about Nagoya and how it has many matsuri(festival). They talked about it a bit then the topic came to food. They keep mentioning standard but I can't really understand. I guess it was what is their standard food during these festivals. I think Mami answered hurricane potato then both Rina and Haru chose choco banana then Tomomi chose the sweetened apple(those bright red ones on a stick). Then Haru was asking if there is a mikan of the same kind because she heard about it and have not really seen one. Then Rina mentioned how their set looks looks like a shrine and how the show was like a festival. 

The 2nd MC was some announcement. Haru first talked about their 5 year anniversary. She then mention their Shibuya? concert. During this time Mami did this funny jump for joy. Then Rina and Tomo followed. lol imagine Rina jumping inside that small space between her drums. Tomo kept on jumping while Haru was still talking and every jump made the audience laugh which made Haru stop and look back and laugh before continuing again. Then still with the announcement Tomo made this reverse fist pump that goes all the way to the floor. xD After all was said they continued with the songs again.

During the encore call as UltimaRaiden said it was kinda messy. A few seconds after they left someone immediately shouted encore which made many follow then it weakened then someone will shout again so it will get loud again. This went on until they went back which actually impressed them. They first did a song before they did the MC. I was no longer able to understand this part, I was only able to hear them mention about a top 3 setlist, so there is a possibility for a change? idk Then talked about the Scandal shirts. Mami was wearing the green Scandal shirt, Rina with the black then Haru with the black Geometry shirt and Tomo with the blue usagi. 

The concert was really fun especially since its my first time. I was only able to get a Canta keychain(which is huge btw) as souvenir. I am definitely buying a towel next time. Those towel twirling looks so much fun. .clap.   

ps. Sorry for my english and paragraphs, I don't really know how to end these properly. .please.

Last edited by GorillaZ on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 am

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@gorillaz i so envy you kababayan!howi wish i was there. Thanks for the review =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:12 pm

GorillaZ

GorillaZ

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was just at the right place at the right time... .dies.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
PLEASEEE, THE PHOTO OF THE NEW GUITARRRR

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
UltimaRaiden wrote:Next to that, they had bins where you could leave gift for the girls!  They were pretty empty when I saw them at the end, so either they emptied them for safety or no one knew ahead of time.  Something to keep in mind for people going to future stops.
Gah! I wish they told people about this! I'm about to leave for Tokyo in a couple of days; I'd love to bring them something from NYC to the Tokyo show but I'm not sure I'll have the chance to go in to the city before leaving. Maybe I'll buy something at JFK airport Happy

I wonder what kind of things people bring them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Set list for the third show of the tour, 10/24 @ Nagoya Century Hall:

01. STANDARD
02. Brand new wave
03. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
04. Orange Juice
05. Houkago 1H
06. Uchiagehanabi
07. Hachigatsu
08. Koe
09. Metronome
10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai
11. Kagen no Tsuki
12. Weather report
13. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
14. Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki
15. OVER DRIVE
16. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY
17. Namida yo Hikare~STANDARD

Encore:
18. 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae
19. SCANDAL BABY
20. DOLL

Set list for the fourth show of the tour, 10/26 @ Fukuoka Civic Hall:

01. STANDARD
02. Brand new wave
03. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
04. Orange Juice
05. Houkago 1H
06. Uchiagehanabi
07. Hachigatsu
08. Koe
09. Metronome
11. Kagen no Tsuki
12. Weather report
15. OVER DRIVE

Encore:
19. SCANDAL BABY
20. DOLL
Both are the same as the first show's (no changes). Looks like they're probably sticking with this one for the entire tour.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Now that's a (bad) surprise. A tour without Shunkan or Harukaze?

Maybe they won't change every time but split the tour in several parts where they play a different set? Like the first shows they play that setlist then the next few shows they change 4 songs, etc?

Of course, not that they HAVE TO do it, it's their show and if they decided on one setlist then so be it! =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@HRMT

I don't really think that's surprising, especially not a bad one. It's not unheard of for them to not play either song, and personally, I think the set list looks better without them. The list is filled with mostly new songs (album songs, previous album songs) and then some classics (SCANDAL BABY, DOLL, EVERYBODY SAY YEAH, TaiKimi). There is also a song that is usually not played, Houkago 1H. This give Tomomi her solo, and Koe gives Mami her solo. Then they play the new songs for this era. It's a perfect set list in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Surprised because I was expecting them to change like they did in the previous tour. But in the end it's not a big deal anyway, especially if you don't go to the show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:31 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Second round for 「STANDARD」tour goods on Kitty Web Shop from 11/1 JST

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:40 am

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.scandalbrazilianteam.com.br
News about lastest performances?

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 4 Show_s10 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 4 Dgghh10

2015.04.12 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 @ Tokyo International Forum Hall A

2016.08.21 - SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL 「2006-2016」 @ Izumiotsu Phoenix, Osak[b]a[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Set list for the fifth show of the tour (10/28 @ Kagoshima Civic Cultural Hall 2), which is exactly the same as before:

01. STANDARD
02. Brand new wave
03. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
04. Orange Juice
05. Houkago 1H
06. Uchiagehanabi
07. Hachigatsu
08. Koe
09. Metronome
11. Kagen no Tsuki
12. Weather report
15. OVER DRIVE

Encore:
19. SCANDAL BABY
20. DOLL

One change here in the encore. Set list for the 6th (10/30 @ Starpiaa Kudamatsu), 7th (11/1 @ Matsuyama City Comprehensive Community Center), 8th (11/3 @ Hiroshima Bunka Gakuen HBG Hall), and 9th (11/4 @ ORIX THEATER) shows:

01. STANDARD
02. Brand new wave
03. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
04. Orange Juice
05. Houkago 1H
06. Uchiagehanabi
07. Hachigatsu
08. Koe
09. Metronome
11. Kagen no Tsuki
12. Weather report
15. OVER DRIVE

Encore:
18. Space Ranger
19. SCANDAL BABY
20. DOLL

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 pm

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thank you. :D

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 4 Show_s10 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 4 Dgghh10

2015.04.12 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 @ Tokyo International Forum Hall A

2016.08.21 - SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL 「2006-2016」 @ Izumiotsu Phoenix, Osak[b]a[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:12 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Just got back from the Tokyo show at NHK Hall - as far as I can remember, the set list was the same as posted above for the 6th - 9th shows. We were seated in the 4th row of the "main" first level - there's another small section in front of the main section but I don't know who gets those tickets. Really we were in I think the 10th row overall, pretty much directly in front of Tomomi but within easy view of Haruna also. Close enough for eye contact with both of them.

It was a great show as I expected, but it's always interesting to hear which songs make the best live songs and which don't. Most of my favorite songs on STANDARD kind of fell flat at this show, at least compared with some others. "Weather Report", "August" and "Uchiagehanabi" all seemed slower than they are on the album and the band really didn't seem to get into playing them very much. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of "OVER DRIVE" but it was fantastic live, as were "Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne" and "STANDARD" (both of which I do like, but I wasn't sure how they'd really translate live and they ended up real highlights of the show).

"Koe" was another highlight - people went NUTS when they played that. Haruna said later that they've been doing a Scandal Mania poll of their most popular songs and "Koe" is actually #2 (#3 is "Shunkan Sentimental", and #1 is "Scandal Baby", which are more expected). Anyway there were a few points in the show where despite how loud the band was - and they were LOUD - you could hear the crowd cheering *over* the band, and one of those was during "Koe".

Haruna actually sang through a megaphone through more than just the beginning of "Koi no Gestalt"; that song is kind of her showcase to do her thing wandering around the stage while Mami does all the guitars. Kind of like "Queens are Trumps" on the last album tour, although she was doing more of a sexy dance this time than just walking around. She was smokin' hot in that song. The megaphone is kind of a gimmick, though - it was hooked up to the PA and sounded just like a regular mic.

They did a few wild things - they are really starting to experiment on their own - I mean I assume it's on their own because it sounds consistent with their own stuff. Haruna only even strapped on a guitar at the end of "Koi no Gestalt" so she could launch into the bridge to to "Kagen no Tsuki", which starts out as just her making as much noise as possible on her guitar. I was like "what is she doing?!" It was like a different band. It slowly congealed electronically into a single vibrating tone that ended up the first note of the song.

I'm still unconvinced about putting Rina in front. It made it hard for Tomomi to be involved in the conversation during the MC's because Haruna no longer splits her time evenly between the sides and back - she's always looking on the side with two girls on it, leaving Tomomi mostly out. And when they're playing, everyone seems stuck in their own little area - it's impossible for the two guitarists to play off each other.

It didn't happen until the last minute but they announced that the show did finally sell out. What probably put it over the top was that they tweeted they'd be giving out autographed postcards with a purchase of STANDARD, while supplied lasted. I supposedly got the last one, although I think they actually had miscounted slightly and had three left when I went up. Either way, I felt lucky.

I bought a t-shirt, keychain set, the bag for both, and earlier I'd bought the photo book at the Kitty store (it's fantastic). I might post photos later - the person who I was with (who seems to want to remain anonymous) got a cell phone photo of the stage setup even though it wasn't allowed, although the stage changed during the show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
@spacecadet Reading your in depth review almost make me feel like I was there!
I'm excited about the crow going crazy for "Koe". To Mami's fans, this song means she finally got the spotlight on her!
I agree with you that Rina's drum set may back off a couple of feet in order to let Haru & Mami to play off each other. I recall when Mami & Tomo playing face to face during Scandal Baby was one of the best spot of their previous concert. But this seem impossible with the current set up.
Btw, just wanna know if the audience standing during the show?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for your review, spacecadet! That's a bit disappointing that some of the STANDARD songs seemed to fall flat live for you.

And regarding this:

spacecadet wrote:I might post photos later - the person who I was with (who seems to want to remain anonymous) got a cell phone photo of the stage setup even though it wasn't allowed, although the stage changed during the show.
Please refrain from posting any fan-taken photos of the stage. Just like taking pictures was not allowed there, posting pictures of that is not allowed on SH.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 pm

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thank you :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Thanks for your review, spacecadet! That's a bit disappointing that some of the STANDARD songs seemed to fall flat live for you.
The rest of the audience quieted down a bit during those songs too, it was more just regular applause afterwards. They had a similar section of the show when I saw them at Budokan, where they seem to group the songs they know are going to be mellower around the 4th through 7th slots in the set list, or thereabouts.

Please refrain from posting any fan-taken photos of the stage. Just like taking pictures was not allowed there, posting pictures of that is not allowed on SH.
Ah, didn't realize that - I guess I will save that for my own blog Happy

SophieLam wrote:I recall when Mami & Tomo playing face to face during Scandal Baby was one of the best spot of their previous concert. But this seem impossible with the current set up.
They did sort of try to play face to face during Scandal Baby from way across the other side of the stage (and *through* Rina), but it didn't feel as natural as when I saw them do it at Budokan. Tomomi also moved behind Haruna to tease her a little bit during the encore (I don't remember exactly which song), but that's about all the interaction I saw between any of them while they were actually playing. Mostly Mami and Tomomi stayed in their spots; Haruna did wander around a couple of times, but there wasn't enough room for all of them to do it, and with instruments.

Btw, just wanna know if the audience standing during the show?
Oh yes! In fact I felt bad because I'm about 15 feet tall and there was a small girl behind me, but there was nothing I could do about it. She seemed to be having a good time anyway. But yeah, people were standing and JUMPING through the whole show. It may have been because I was on the floor (probably was), but the crowd seemed way more into it through most of the songs than when I saw them at Budokan. I was drenched in sweat when I left, and my arms were killing me. You could see people having to switch which arm they were waving as they got tired Happy

They told people to sit down during the main MC, which was about 20 minutes long.

The weird thing for me and the person I was with was that everybody also sat down as soon as they left the stage the first time. I'm not sure if this is standard at Japanese shows, but at Budokan, people kept standing. The person I was with joked that everybody was lazy. But they stood back up when the encore started and then went absolutely crazy during the final two songs. During Scandal Baby, both Tomomi and Haruna were bunny hopping through the instrumental parts, so the crowd was doing the same thing.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.