Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」
Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:37 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I like the song, it's quite catchy. I'm quite surprised though that they broke out the vocals first with Mami and Tomo, Mami's voice being more dominant. It's a nice change though. Love the guitar opening, brings an 80s vibe. 

The rhythm section, especially the bass was superb. I swear, Tomo's bass lines have improved A LOT over the years, it's showing more lately, through both songs in the Awanai single and this too. The bass itself was very melodic. Loved it LOVE 

All in all, great song. Now, just waiting for the cover art...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 pm

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
Love the vibe of the song, it's simple yet it's not boring. The riffs are awesome and the rhythm section is superb.
It's a light song to listen (unless it's actually another haertbreaking song like awanai, that would change the feel. Haha)

It gives me a "surfing" feeling. Haha
Like when I listen to the Lilo and Stitch soundtrack XD
Makes me want to wave my hands like this ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
Can't wait for the PV .love.

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 URT1EYY
16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Leyh

Leyh

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rheyolds?feature=mhee
Wow I like very much this song ! It remember their songs like So Easy, Future or Midnight Television (don't know why lol).

I think this song can be perfect for an opening/ending of an Anime .love. 

And I love soooo much some bass part ! LOVE 

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Sans_t14
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:05 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hum don't like it that much for the moment, song is really common/nothing special. I don't get that "OMG that sounds awesome" vibe lol

It's a light summer song so I hope it will be successful! Also i'm sure i'm gonna like it much more when I listen to it more Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:10 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Woow... I really like the intro! .wow.  And yeah, sounds like old school rock 'n roll. I wasn't expecting that they'd make Tomo and Mami sing together in the first part of the verses. Well, SCANDAL has never failed to surprise me. Now I'm looking forward to the PV! LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum don't like it that much for the moment, song is really common/nothing special. I don't get that "OMG that sounds awesome" vibe lol

It's a light summer song so I hope it will be successful! Also i'm sure i'm gonna like it much more when I listen to it more Happy

i have the same opinion. it's just ok for me but i like the chorus though and maybe if i get to listen a clearer version of the song i might like it

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like the new song, but I feel like the chorus doesn't really fit with the rest of it (which is great). It's probably going to grow on me though.

It's a nice summer song Happy

I can't wait for the PV and a higher quality version!

Last edited by Uldred on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum don't like it that much for the moment, song is really common/nothing special. I don't get that "OMG that sounds awesome" vibe lol

Same here! =) just a common light song but not in a negative way. Mami and Tomomi for the opening?hmm..makes me think they are giving Haru a little bit of rest to fully recover from her lost voice. Anyway two thumbs up for the opening riff Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:28 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah it's not bad at all just a bit "common" to my tastes but it may changes!

Also, already pre-ordered the normal and limited edition of the single anyway Happy

NOW I really want to see the covers and the PV!! .nosebleed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:08 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love the tune and the melody... it has a groovy 80's kind of feeling. Now I'm wondering what will be the concept for this one. 

Mami's parts in the song are great

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:11 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
As I continue to replay this song, I'm starting to imagine beaches. I wonder if they're gonna film the PV in a beach? I think that would be fun!.dance. But then, knowing SCANDAL, I guess the PV will be way different from my assumptions.

As for Mami and Tomo as the opening, I don't think that the main reason is giving Haru a rest. Maybe a part of the reason, but I think since Haru practically dominated in Awanai, it's time to give chance to the others (actually I'd be happier if they all sang in this new single). Well, this just my opinion. .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I think Mami and Tomo's vocals were perfect for this kind of song. It's funky and kinda groovy lol

Haru's vocals are like a cool refresher. Splashed in there to add depth
And the more I listen to it, I get a "hot summer night" feeling from it haha

Can't wait for the PV!

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:29 pm

february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
overall kagen no tsuku isn't so bad, but it doesn't have me hooked yet (i'm still waiting for another hardcore rock song like queens are trumps). however, i do love how much mami gets to sing, and the tomomi/mami duet parts are great. i'm sure it will grow on me like taiyou scandalous did.

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:40 pm

alrick13

alrick13

Listening to it reminds me the late 80's show "Saved by the Bell" It does have the 80s and early 90s feel to it.... and for me the outro is a little melancholic...

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:47 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I doubt we get a PV on the beach but we can keep dreaming right? But I do hope it's gonna be like Taiyou Scandalous, a light PV, funny, summer feeling. Not a "pure rock" PV like AWanai ^^

And I agree about the MAMI/TIMO part, Awanai was full on HARUNA it's great that they mix it up too and not only have HARUNA singing now!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
I love. The song listen well. I hope a PV .please. 

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Although Love Survive remains my favorite summer song from them because of the "get up and go" feeling it instills in me, this song sounds like something I could relax to.  Not their best song IMO, but it's far from bad.  Now for their B-side to come out in a radio rip...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:51 pm

Animelover

Animelover

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

No guarantees that I'll preorder the CDs, but I can listen to the songs online and keep an close eye on the releases. Speaking of that, I need to get in gear and this is a game that I like to call "I need to play catch up because I'm getting tired of wishing that I had the collections when they're right in my face the whole time on amazon.com"- yeah that's me.

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 2671772173 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:29 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Sounds a little too PUFFY-like to me. I like them too but I feel like it's a song they would have gotten when they were more popular, and now Scandal gets it because Scandal is popular. But I don't think it really fits Scandal.

It's a good song on its own, just doesn't sound like Scandal to me. Retro-pop is not what they're best at.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 am

FreeFall

FreeFall

International Performer
International Performer
Hm, listened sometimes already but can't get to like it a lot, at least for now. A good song, but not a impressive and powerful/cheerful song like LOVE SURVIVE or Taiyou Scandalous. Let's see the PV and the B-side now.

Last edited by FreeFall on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Timooverflow

TIMO OVERFLOW!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:14 am

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
some of us might get hooked up with the song depending on the PV..haha hoping they will release it the soonest! Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 am

blahblah123

blahblah123

Caless Student
Caless Student
Pics taken from SCANDAL twitter!

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 QbNJ7YLl 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 YCTbxaQl 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 LzUpYy0l 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 GzzWJSfl

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replaced links)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 am

kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
Heard the radio rip just now. This is the more "laid-back" SCANDAL we're hearing, but it's not a bad thing at all. Loving the guitar parts, the DOBONDOBONDO duo's vocals, and the whole "old-school" feel of the song. (Almost tempted to say it sounds a bit like a Superfly song, but the song still has that unique SCANDAL identity to it.) 

As with everyone else, can't wait for the PV! :bd

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:19 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Turns out that a few of the pictures that the scandal_band Twitter posted are actually the official single covers. They didn't say that they were, for some reason (they just called them "new visuals"), but Japanese music sites say that these are the covers.

Regular Edition:
16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Uv7p.th
Limited Edition A:
16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Nttk.th
Limited Edition B:
16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 5alz.th

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 Ufq4.th 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 9t6k.th

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 am; edited 3 times in total

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:05 am

Louie Sereño

Louie Sereño

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
cant wait for this album!!! .clap.   and also, i want to see the Osaka-Jo Hall Documentary.

im so excited

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.