You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Owh, Deluxe Limited Edition had already been sold out that fast (on CDJ)? .wtf.

I didn't expect that to happen, good thing I already pre-ordered early.. and on CDJapan. Though, I am still reluctant up to now, haha! The only thing I look forward to is the shirt, other than that the album cover of DLE lived up to it's name. It was very much STANDARD indeed! xD Like the others, I agree that the cover for Limited Edition CD/DVD is a lot more nicer, I should have chosen that if not for the DLE shirts.

Oh well, this is not the time to still be double-minded.. and I also do hope we will all be satisfied. Who would want regrets anyway?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Makkuro

Makkuro

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://bucktickmusic.forumotion.com
It's a good thing they sold out. It means they are selling well, so good job girls!.clap.   Let's just hope everybody will be happy with their purchase. And T shirts. And the sizes of the T shirts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 8FgFBpi
“It must be an illusion? Isn’t it pathetic? Tell me!”
“Is it a lie? Is it the truth? It doesn’t matter to me”
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:49 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

CDJapan only orders a certain quantity of every item that they think will sell. Good business on their part unless they undershoot, but it's not really reflective of general availability when they sell out of something.

Anyway, plenty of other places still have it, and I wouldn't worry that much if you couldn't order it from CD Japan - I've bought "limited" Scandal stuff on Amazon Japan before sometimes years after release. CD Japan is actually a pretty small retailer so they don't order large quantities; the bigger retailers should have the deluxe LE for a while yet.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 pm

spacecadet wrote:CDJapan only orders a certain quantity of every item that they think will sell. Good business on their part unless they undershoot, but it's not really reflective of general availability when they sell out of something.

Anyway, plenty of other places still have it, and I wouldn't worry that much if you couldn't order it from CD Japan - I've bought "limited" Scandal stuff on Amazon Japan before sometimes years after release. CD Japan is actually a pretty small retailer so they don't order large quantities; the bigger retailers should have the deluxe LE for a while yet.
Owh, okay. Your post was informative. I don't do much online shopping (I don't like waiting for shipments so I shop only if an item can only be bought online) and I'm pretty much new to CDJapan to know the nature of their business so well, so thanks! Thumbs Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Informative yeah but now it means we have no idea if its selling well or not, i'm a sad panda now =( Isn't there a chart for the pre-orders like the Oricon chart?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Shark

Shark

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Anyone know how the T-shirt will actually look like? Happy

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 0fPdnZt
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:38 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Isn't there a chart for the pre-orders like the Oricon chart?
Not quite. After all, pre-orders could always be cancelled at any time so that wouldn't be a reliable way to count how many there are for sure.

Oricon Ninki does predict how well an album might do/what ranking it might have for its release week, though. It's basically a survey indicating popularity and degree of interest for buying an upcoming release (more info here), but apparently they don't take pre-order numbers into account. They'll release it maybe about a week or so beforehand.

Shark wrote:Anyone know how the T-shirt will actually look like? Happy
Not yet.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:51 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well too bad :p Also it could be a nice tool, it exist for video games I think.

Of course you are right, you can always cancel a pre-order but such a tool would only be useful to get a raw number/estimation, not a complete accurate number. I don't know what's the % of people canceling a pre-order (for music, video games, etc) but I doubt it's very high so it would have been interesting! 

I have a question about a SCANDAL album release, it's my first one! Will they make heavy promotion/TV appearances? More than a single?

I have the feeling they will but not sure what to expect. I have watched many videos on youtube that includes album promotion from the past but it's really hard to judge. For Kagen and Awanai they did promo but not as much as I expected, I thought we would get like 10 live versions of the song from every japanese music show, interviews, etc. but that wasn't the case. And the festivals in summer aren't really a "normal promotion" on TV/radio.

So what can we expect for STANDARD?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
They don't heavily promote their albums as much as their singles, so they're really not going to do much. That's just how it is. If it's anything like what they did for "Pin Heel Surfer" last year, they'll appear on a handful of TV programs to 'perform' half of "OVER DRIVE" + do a short interview (which they're starting to do), and that's about it. Plus, they have shows/festivals all throughout September as well as their extra-long fall tour starting only about 2 weeks after the album's release that they'll have to do rehearsals for, which doesn't leave much time to do other things.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:11 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
That's a not what I expected to hear (read) :(Oh well let's see, there is always some hope.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:00 pm

GoGoKamijo

GoGoKamijo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Decided on the regular edition, was going to check if there was new information on the shirt but ended up with "out of print" -.-

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Adii wrote: I'm pretty much new to CDJapan to know the nature of their business so well, so thanks! Thumbs Onion
I only happen to know the basics because I run a business in their same industry Happy And I deal with some of their same suppliers (in apparel, though, not music).

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:I have a question about a SCANDAL album release, it's my first one! Will they make heavy promotion/TV appearances? More than a single?
To echo what you've already heard, my experience has been that they are pretty much at the same high level of promotion all the time. So if you're expecting a big extra push for the album, you might not really see it. The singles really are the advance promotion for the album, and they do that practically year round now. Then the tour is the post-release promotion, and you won't see much of that unless you can make it out there (but their Japanese fans obviously will, so to them it would seem like they're working more to promote the album). They can only play one song during the TV appearances, so they use those to play the current single - you'll see them playing Over Drive on TV and talking about the album next month, probably, but it might not seem like any more than they've already been doing.

Also keep in mind that it is not 100% up to them how much promotion they get on TV. The TV show producers pick and choose who and what to promote, so it's not assured that the band will always get all the promotion they'd like to have.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Ceat

Ceat

Caless Student
Caless Student
I just pre-ordered the Deluxe Limited Edition .... so happy .happy. Can't wait until the release date ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:39 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ok thanks for the information too. But just to be clear, I'm not saying they should do more, are lazy or are not doing a good job ^^ It's just that I hoped that maybe we could see them even more because of the album release .love.

We will see !

I'm  really waiting for the OVER DRIVE-STANDARD promo! It's gonna be awesome. I really liked the Awanai promo but wasn't that excited for the Kagen promo because at the beginning I didn't like the song too much, it was so-so. Now I like it a lot more! And OVER DRIVE has the same feeling for me that Awanai had, I love it, so the promo can't come soon enough seriously!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 am

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:They've already released the cover for the t-shirt edition, which is the plain white cover that just says "STANDARD" + "SCANDAL." They're not going to make the cover anything fancy because of the t-shirt that'll come with it; it might take away from the aesthetic of having the shirt since you might be more focused on the cover rather than the shirt, which is the whole point of that edition.

But I digress. This kind of talk should really go in the STANDARD thread in the News forum. Tongue
Quoted from this thread, since I agree with what you have said, this talk should belong here.
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9282p20-standard

I see.. they totally make sense with the marketing strategies, haha. Good one!
However, I think they don't seem to plan to disclose any information whatsoever about what the shirt design looks like? Is it really meant to be a surprise or do they plan to reveal it at a later time?
Apologies, curiosity kills the patience out of me. .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 am

heiya

heiya

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
went to check cdjapan and saw that the DLE is available again :o

(づ๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)づ
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 Scanda11 (´ ▽`).。o♥️
"it doesn't really matter since when did you start liking them or
how much do you actually know them to really feel their music"
(Mornings are evil (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ )
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
One possibility nobody seems to be considering is that the cover of the Deluxe Edition *is* the design of the t-shirt.

I've gotten t-shirt/CD combos from Japanese acts before and usually the t-shirt is super-simple. That's because they want the largest number of people to be able to wear it (so more people buy it). The more complicated the design, the more likely somebody will find something about it that they don't like, and they'll buy a cheaper version of the album instead.

I believe the main idea of this is actually to give people a shirt to wear to the tour - so you can show that you already have the album and are a big enough fan to buy the deluxe LE. Then they can buy a better shirt at the show, which is another reason not to make it too complicated of a design.

Just a theory, I have no proof of anything. But that deluxe edition cover looks just like the t-shirt I got with my copy of Puffy's "Honeycreeper" a while back.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:36 pm

WoOt1337

WoOt1337

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
heiya wrote:went to check cdjapan and saw that the DLE is available again :o
And I got one LOVE

"Ich glaube mir selbst kein Wort. Ich warte immer auf meine Aktionen und Reaktionen und wundere mich dann." - Alexander Kaschte
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:05 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Interesting theory yes, and it could totally be the case.

After your first chapter I was about to say that if it's the case it would be very disappointing, a simple shirt with "STANDARD' written on it...

But after reading the rest of your text it makes sense and isn't what I had imagined. In my mind the t-shirt should be awesome with a great design and all but what you say makes more sense, it's for their japanese fans mostly that will come to the tour. What to wear when you go to the tour? Well the STANDARD shirt obviously to show everyone you have the limited edition ^^

Not sure what fans (not japanese fans) think about it if they ordered that edition. I guess in the end you can't please anyone anyway. They surely talked about it al ot and decided what they like the best. A fully white t-shirt with STANDARD on it would fit the "white/simple" design of the album so it's definitely a possibility.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:26 pm

spacecadet wrote:One possibility nobody seems to be considering is that the cover of the Deluxe Edition *is* the design of the t-shirt.

I've gotten t-shirt/CD combos from Japanese acts before and usually the t-shirt is super-simple. That's because they want the largest number of people to be able to wear it (so more people buy it). The more complicated the design, the more likely somebody will find something about it that they don't like, and they'll buy a cheaper version of the album instead.

I believe the main idea of this is actually to give people a shirt to wear to the tour - so you can show that you already have the album and are a big enough fan to buy the deluxe LE. Then they can buy a better shirt at the show, which is another reason not to make it too complicated of a design.

Just a theory, I have no proof of anything. But that deluxe edition cover looks just like the t-shirt I got with my copy of Puffy's "Honeycreeper" a while back.
I think it had been mentioned somewhere that the DLE shirt was especially designed by the band members, not that I immediately had held on to that word but my curiosity makes everything for me to be questionable. xD What's left for me is to only wonder if they are going to somehow reveal some information about the design or shall it be kept this way until the release. Nonetheless, I understand there is no harm with presumptions.. and especially because your theory seems to be feasible. I think the best way would be lowering some expectations for now in order to avoid disappointment in the near future. Thank you for your insight once again, and I would have to agree that it should be considered! .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:26 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Adii wrote:I think it had been mentioned somewhere that the DLE shirt was especially designed by the band members,
That's true, but that wouldn't necessarily rule anything in or out.  "Designed by" doesn't have to mean it has some fancy illustration or anything like that on it.

This was the Puffy - Honeycreeper t-shirt I mentioned getting with that album before:
Spoiler:

That was also designed by Puffy. I was kind of disappointed in that, to be honest.

I hope the deluxe edition t-shirt for Standard is better - I had decided on the DVD version originally but have been having second thoughts. The fact that they haven't shown the t-shirt design, though, coupled with the fact that the deluxe LE has such a different (and much simpler) cover than the other two editions, makes me think that that cover might actually be the t-shirt.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:29 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I don't think the album cover will be the t-shirt design.

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/item/itemShw.php?site=S&ima=2049&cd=ESCL000004105

I posted this a while back that it says on Sony Music Shop that it's a "member print original t-shirt." It's kind of a vague description, but it more or less sounds like a picture of them might be on the shirt.

Someone had posted that it says on YesAsia's page for the t-shirt edition that the t-shirt is supposedly designed by the band, but that's the first I've heard of it; it doesn't say anywhere else nor on any official Japanese site (the band's official site, Sony's site, etc.) that it was designed by the band, so right now I wouldn't say that info's that reliable.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:56 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
Planning to get this new album, but contemplating between regular and +DVD version. Anyone knows if I order from Yesasia for regular edition, will it come with the random sticker as mentioned in CDJapan? Or that is only available with CDJ first press edition?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:11 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

First press info and such! I'm surprised they actually have them--and have so many--for an album release.

■An original B2 poster if ordering from these stores (yes, CDJ is included).

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 YQzUMXs
■Original eco-bags if ordering from the usual 4 stores.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 ZVmqbGV
HARUNA - Tower Records
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 XNR1MOK
MAMI - TSUTAYA
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 4oKvYgf
RINA - HMV
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 RK5V8tk
TOMOMI - Shinseido
■An original leisure sheet if ordering from Sony Music Shop.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 StteAd9
■Finally, here's what the t-shirt that comes with the t-shirt edition looks like. I was correct in guessing that the shirt will have a picture of them. Here it is:

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 Gp7qTao

It will be available in only a MEDIUM size.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:18 am

MamiOgawa

MamiOgawa

Caless Student
Caless Student
This is the first album I get to see they release, are all their albums this filled with "special gifts"? xD

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 9 Tumblr_mrwmbn0a5W1sn1xxco2_500LOVE.love.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.