Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think that the album will be a good one. So far, the singles were great, and Namida no Hikare sounded like it be a good song. I'm thinking it'd be like 3:15 or shorter, regarding the length. Also, Weather Report sounded like it'd be a straight-forward type of song (hopefully with a solo). So if you look at the singles, (Awanai was straight "rock", 24Jikan was very rock-ush, Kagen no Tsuki was a pop-rock summer tune, and Kimi to Mirai was very pop. Not the greatest song, but the chorus is catchy) and include the yet to be released songs, the album shapes up to have a nice variety.

And I think the album name, STANDARD, really stands out. It may be plain, but it seems like it wants to catch you unexpected. I think SCANDAL does this with all their titles. BEST SCANDAL is kind of plain, but the songs are fun and interesting. TEMPTATION BOX draws you in with the name, and the album songs keep you in. You're tempted to keep listening. BABY ACTION, had an actual explanation, but I think that it's like the girls' first steps to becoming adults. Queens are Trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen- shared the same name as the first track, and it's almost a redundant title. So STANDARD could mean that SCANDAL is using their standard music style or genre, and they're putting it together to create an amazing album. This is just a theory.

Sorry if this is off-topic. I'm not sure, but if it is, could you let me know? Thank you in advance, if that's the case.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:43 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It's been over a year since I've been following this band religiously. I have to seriously ask, where the heck do they find the time and energy to release song after song after song, tour after tour, festival after festival, tv appearance after tv appearance, album after album?? .wew. The girls must be true warriors..

Just when I'm getting addicted to one song and getting excited for another, a whole new album is already in the horizon? Man, it's even tiring to be a fan .stars.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
kaitanuva wrote:It's been over a year since I've been following this band religiously. I have to seriously ask, where the heck do they find the time and energy to release song after song after song, tour after tour, festival after festival, tv appearance after tv appearance, album after album?? .wew. The girls must be true warriors
Glad to see I am not the only one to wonder about that ^_^" They are indeed very remarkable to keep and maintain this cadence (or rhythm)!.clap.

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:25 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
macdyne73 wrote:Finally, I would like to apologize to members and moderators for posting this here as this is very off-topic.
No, actually, thank you for posting that. All of that needed to be said, although I suppose it's not really with the right place to do so? haha.

Because it is off-topic, let's try not to have any further, lengthy discussions in this topic about it, guys. Cool? Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------

Af8! wrote:Sorry if this is off-topic. I'm not sure, but if it is, could you let me know? Thank you in advance, if that's the case.
You may state what you wish that's relevant the release but still abides to the first rule of SH. I think this would be relevant as you're talking about what songs you're expecting to be on there and how you think the title fits to the album. What would be considered off-topic is if you start talking about something else that isn't related to the topic you're posting in. I think that definition is lost on some other people here, though.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:40 pm

fernandozico

fernandozico

Caless Student
Caless Student
http:// shenaigan.web.id
sugoi .happy. 
when this album release?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:49 pm

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
fernandozico wrote:sugoi .happy. 
when this album release?
 no official announcements yet.

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 URT1EYY
linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hum I forgot about Brand new wave and Weather report mentioned earlier.

How high are the chances for them to be on the album? Right now one song is for a commercial and now news about it and the second is for a tv show. Could one of them be the single from september? Could they both be on the new album? I guess they should be...?

If yes we would already have a good list :
- Awanai
- Kagen no Tsuki
- Brand new wave?
- Weather report?
- Namida no Hikare?
- Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki?

What else?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:03 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum I forgot about Brand new wave and Weather report mentioned earlier.

How high are the chances for them to be on the album? Right now one song is for a commercial and now news about it and the second is for a tv show. Could one of them be the single from september? Could they both be on the new album? I guess they should be...?

If yes we would already have a good list :
- Awanai
- Kagen no Tsuki
- Brand new wave?
- Weather report?
- Namida no Hikare?
- Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki?

What else?
Actually, there's a chance that Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki won't be an album song, simply because it's a B-side. Satisfaction was used for advertising purposes, but it wasn't included on the album either because it was a B-side. The only B-side I remember being on an album of SCANDAL's is S.L.Magic.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:12 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Af8! wrote:The only B-side I remember being on an album of SCANDAL's is S.L.Magic.
"S.L.Magic" is actually not on a true album. It only appears on the DOLL single and ENCORE SHOW.

So far, the only B-side song that has been on a true album is "Welcome home" (TaiScan single + QAT album), which was the theme song for Fukuoka's water saving project.

"Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki" is kind of the same in that aspect since it's the theme song for the ROBOT SCANDAL project, so it could be possible that it might end up on the album.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Af8! wrote:The only B-side I remember being on an album of SCANDAL's is S.L.Magic.
"S.L.Magic" is actually not on a true album. It only appears on the DOLL single and ENCORE SHOW. The only B-side song that has been on a true album so far is "Welcome home" (TaiScan single + QAT album), which was the theme song for Fukuoka's water saving project.

"Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki" is kind of the same in that aspect since it's the theme song for the ROBOT SCANDAL project, so it could be possible that it might end up on the album.
Oh, I forgot about Welcome Home, and I forgot that S.L.Magic wasn't on an actual album. My mistake.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:13 am

february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
so maybe i'll take my original statement back. i looked up the definition of standard, and i found several meanings of the word:

• something considered by an authority or by general consent asa basis of comparison; an approved model 
  • an object that is regarded as the usual or most common size or form of its kind[/color]
  • a rule or principle that is used as a basis for judgment
  • an average or normal requirement, quality, quantity, level, grade
  • those morals, ethics, habits, etc., established by authority, custom, or an individual as acceptable

it's possible that the girls are naming their album based on the definition that i have bolded, which might imply that their music will create a model, or "set a standard" for j-pop and j-rock. (i hope i'm right; if i am, then "standard" is a pretty awesome name for an album.)

i'm sure i've overanalyzed this though.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:00 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
february-heavenly wrote:so maybe i'll take my original statement back. i looked up the definition of standard, and i found several meanings of the word:

• something considered by an authority or by general consent asa basis of comparison; an approved model 
  • an object that is regarded as the usual or most common size or form of its kind[/color]
  • a rule or principle that is used as a basis for judgment
  • an average or normal requirement, quality, quantity, level, grade
  • those morals, ethics, habits, etc., established by authority, custom, or an individual as acceptable

it's possible that the girls are naming their album based on the definition that i have bolded, which might imply that their music will create a model, or "set a standard" for j-pop and j-rock. (i hope i'm right; if i am, then "standard" is a pretty awesome name for an album.)

i'm sure i've overanalyzed this though.
This is actually a pretty good theory. Setting a standard sounds pretty cool. And badass, somehow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Unless that album turns out to be 70% pop song =P

Anyway it's just a name and they like it and chose it so it doesn't really matter in the end. They will also probably talk about the name and it's meaning during some interviews when they explain the concept (name + visual).

About Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki, the song is good/ok so I wouldn't mind to find it on the album. Brand new wave on the other hand sounded... well it sounded really pop but it's hard judge. Right now if I could decide I think I would rather see it as a b-side on a single in the next months. Weather report sounded interesting so not sure about this one.

Any other new songs they played that I missed and that could be in the album?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:48 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^Honestly 24 Jikan is a *really* good contender for a spot on the album, seeing as they play it a lot. Honestly, I've never seen them play a B-side that much. The most I remember is Satisfaction, but then that's for advertising purposes Tongue 

And there's also that new song that the members solely worked on by themselves that doesn't have a name... STANDARD anybody? If that's the actual standard, then maybe they want to work on their songs by themselves more, who knows. We definitely won't be sure until more details are revealed. Rina's been posting and tweeting a LOT about writing, after all. Much more than she usually does... 

In regards to that whole STANDARD name thingy, maybe the name of the album could just be a song name, like QAT for example... Let's just remember not to dig into it too much. It is after all their songs that matter... Happy Honestly, I don't really mind the name STANDARD, it makes quite a good discussion over here and interesting speculation. 

@Macdyne. I love your post~

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:49 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote: Honestly, I've never seen them play a B-side that much. 
 Hmm...Switch and BEAUteen!! comes to mind

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:13 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8366-hey-you-2013-04-06-rina

In this blog post, Rina mentioned about recording a song where the drums stand out. I'm pretty sure they will include it in the album and I definitely can't wait for it. Nice one 

About the album name, IMO it does sound kind of bland. In the Indonesian language, depending in what context it's being used, "standard" or "standar" has the meaning of "nothing special". Is that really the case? Well. I hope not.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
ichiruki! wrote:^^Honestly 24 Jikan is a *really* good contender for a spot on the album, seeing as they play it a lot. Honestly, I've never seen them play a B-side that much. The most I remember is Satisfaction, but then that's for advertising purposes Tongue 

And there's also that new song that the members solely worked on by themselves that doesn't have a name... STANDARD anybody? If that's the actual standard, then maybe they want to work on their songs by themselves more, who knows. We definitely won't be sure until more details are revealed. Rina's been posting and tweeting a LOT about writing, after all. Much more than she usually does... 
I love 24 jikan but not sure I want to see it on the album if there are only 12-13 songs on it. Because I want to hear new songs =D Also it's purely a b-side, I don't see a good reason to put it on the album (and I love the song!). The Robot song for example is also a b-side but is used as a promo/collaboration so it's a bit different and I could understand they include it.

And about the song you mention yeah I forgot about it! Very good point, maybe they will call it Standard and it's the September single?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:23 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:And about the song you mention yeah I forgot about it! Very good point, maybe they will call it Standard and it's the September single?
Nope they won't. Singers in general will not release any new singles with the same title as their album ahead of the album release. It will create much confusion as to which "STANDARD" someone is referring to. It's still possible that it's the title track of the album OR the next single, but either way if they're going to name it "STANDARD" it definitely won't be the next single

And about the criticism of the album name, the simplicity of an album name does not denote how good the album will be or how much effort they put in into the album. We all know they have always done things for a reason, and this will be no different. They will, sooner or later, explain the meaning of the album title. For the record, Ikimono's latest album was named "I", how's that for simplicity?

Personally I think the album title sort of reflects the style they are heading in this year. Last year was one of their flashier years in terms of outfits (being the first year off school uniforms completely) and they ended off with the theme of "Queens", which is very flashy IMO. This year what we saw was much more casual (at least for the first 2 singles), and perhaps this less flashy title is part of following the trend. The title definitely has a deeper meaning to it though.

And off topic again, but about being too harsh about criticism, I think there needs to be some kind of standard to what constitutes harsh, although I know it's impossible to set a definite standard. I do give feedback and criticism on their releases here often, but what I do not think is harsh may be to some other people, and I believe this applies to other people as well. I won't talk so much about this, just thought I will bring up this point a bit since it was brought up earlier.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:38 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitanuva wrote:
ichiruki! wrote: Honestly, I've never seen them play a B-side that much. 
 Hmm...Switch and BEAUteen!! comes to mind
Well Switch was played in the normal TB 2010 tour where most/all B-sides were played. That's how it goes, I think. In the album tours, they play most/all of their B-sides. It was also played in Budokan, but that's one of their one man lives. 

As for BEAUTeen!!, it was a pocari sweat commerical lol. They didn't play it that much either, not as much as Satisfaction or 24 Jikan.

@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo. Good point there about 24 Jikan, but either way it's still a good contender. Happy 

They've got so many officially unreleased songs, it's pretty much built the basis and structure for the album. Throw in a couple of actually unreleased songs, like the one Raynsity mentioned and they're pretty much good to go.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I wonder if the name of the album is partly a veiled reference to Hi-Standard. Anyway I kinda like it; it's a word that has many different possible meanings. For that reason, to me it sounds more "advanced" as names go than the English names of their last couple albums, which didn't even technically make sense. "Standard" is a word that can be taken many different ways that all make literal sense in the context of a collection of songs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:37 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
What do you guys expect for the design/theme of the album? Flashy colors? More black/white? Awesome outfits or something more "casual"?

I wonder with what they will come up this time, i'm sure it will be great .clap. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:07 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Before this gets out of hand,

There is going to be criticism everywhere,whether one likes it or not. Constructive criticism is always helpful but there is a line one cannot cross.

I know i haven't been around much lately so i haven't seen the alleged "bashing" or bad,bad "criticism" around, but this has to stop somewhere.

If you think someone is out of line with their words, PM me or any of the staff and we will sort it out. No need to hold it in like it's your firstborn.

End of discussion.Get back on topic.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:31 pm

MiaLuGee

MiaLuGee

International Performer
International Performer
October .hmmm.  it's not too far but.... I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT .fustrated. 

This title is wide and I'm trying to imagin how will be the cover I'm not woried about the song I sure it will be awesome as always .clap.

walking with best friends   .lol.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Really happy they are releasing a new album. Can't wait for the songs and outfits :3

But I take it it has not been 100% confirmed yet? Does the same apply to the single that is supposed to come out?

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 2 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:05 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Anyone knows when they usually start the pre-order on sites like CDJapan? Because I was wondering about that.

You think the pre-order for the new album will already be up before September 18th when the new single is released?

I just checked my old posts and it seems I pre-ordered the 3 editions of Kagen on July 10, more than a month before the official release.

But right now we are one month away for what should be the next single release and we have absolutely no information on it. So I guess this means it depends and it's different for each case?

Asking this because I would like to order the new single and the album at the same time for the same package and I'm worried the limited editions for the new single will be sold out by the time the pre-order for the new album is up. .sweat. (Not sure if i'm clear enough =P)

Anyways the question is, does anyone know when they will put up the pre-order for the next single and album?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.