Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:13 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Sounds...  refreshing, for lack of better words to describe that song.  Probably why it was used in a beverage commercial haha.  Even though this was only a radio-rip, I really like this song.  Couple weeks left Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:16 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For the first track... Brand New Wave suits as a starter song for STANDARD... very groovy and energizing hehe

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:30 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've been refreshing this page a couple of times already but I can't see the Brand New Wave guys.. .shy.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 12 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Kyarina

Kyarina

International Performer
International Performer
http://kyarinakyarikya.tumblr.com/
OMG! It's so addictive!I love it!.wow.

Onion XD 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:44 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Nice vibe and very nice solo, but yeah, the arrangement is going to polarize people again between those who like them for what the are now (or what they are becoming, this band never sits still in one place) and those who wish they were something else.

Lots of good stuff on this album judging from what the other singles and other previews and things are like. If one does not like this song, there'll be something else on the disk that will be more likeable, they do that kind of thing.

And as for people wishing for the old SCANDAL, well what can you do right, their choice. Nothing wrong with that. I have mentioned before something called "expectation management" where we base our expectations on facts and what things are as opposed to some other thing that usually isn't within our control anyway. Best not be bothered about things that cannot be controlled and concentrate on things that can.

The only thing that does not change...

... is the inevitability of change. Get with it or....

Sorry, got a bit carried away in my excitement. Not long now before release day Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Very relaxing song. i likey

love that mami guitar solo halfway thru. Beat is fun to dance to too

the beat buildup in 1:26 reminds me of a part of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance a little bit LOL

Last edited by kaitanuva on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 12 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:54 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
wow !!! so much different ... but I like it ! I wonder how they could play it live (if they do so in the future) because the drum/beat part doesn't sound like a "normal" drum (more like a dance beat).

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 12 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@darksider59
I am wondering also for the guitar parts especially Haruna's part, I am not hearing much of it, maybe she will do the synth but it will be quite interesting to see how they will perform this kind of song where a lot of electro parts are present!^_^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:04 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Guess you can compare it a bit to Kill The Virgin style?

I surely did not fall in love with this song but it's relaxing/nice and we need that too. I have nothing at all against songs like that from SCANDAL as long as they don't do ONLY songs like that.

EDIT : After a few plays, it's catchy, starting to like it more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HARUNA's voice sounds so weak Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:26 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Yuffie wrote:I am wondering also for the guitar parts especially Haruna's part, I am not hearing much of it, maybe she will do the synth but it will be quite interesting to see how they will perform this kind of song where a lot of electro parts are present!^_^
The simplest thing would be to just turn it into a rock song, which they've done with their lighter songs before. There are guitar parts there, they're just buried under synths. Live, they can just reverse it. They do that with songs like "Haruka" live, which is almost total synth and piano on the album but almost total guitar live.

The other option is to use it as a dance number and not actually play it - they always have a song like that on every tour, although they seem to have a couple options for that this time and I can't imagine them doing it more than once in the same show (but it's possible).

It's also possible they just won't play it in any way, but that would be a little strange for a lead song on an album. I'm sure they will play it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:30 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
They will definitely play this song, as well as every song off of STANDARD, during all stops of their STANDARD tour. On their album tours they always play all of the songs on their newest album.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 12 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
I kinda like Brand New Wave, it's slightly different from what they usually do so that's nice. Refreshing and groovy and I like that they twisted their voices.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:45 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
From fuckyeahscandalband: There is also some talk about “Standard”, where the girls had tried their hand at writing lyrics and creating songs. Sometimes, when you write new songs, it’s also like you’re able to play different roles. 

That makes it sound like they haven't written songs before which they have of course, but I hope it means we do get a fair number of self-composed tunes. To be honest I'm waiting for a self-composed single as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:56 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just heard Brand New Wave and I instantly liked it. It's not amazing but it gives you a good feeling and I love songs that can put me in that mood. Great song to start off the album! The beginning was really cool ^_^ 

^^ I also like how they twisted their voices with a bit of auto tune. A bit used at proper places gives a different feel and that's about the only times I like auto tune aha. 
I can't wait to hear it live. I always love their live versions of studio songs that are more synth/processed.

As much as I like pop music as well, I hope this album won't contain too much of this type. Wanna rock out to this album =P
Cannnnot wait to hear Standard, fully composed, written, and arranged by Scandal <3 Is it bad to get my hopes up though? I don't want to feel like they didn't hit the high bar I set.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well I mean I think fully self-composed tunes like 'Bitter Chocolate' are as good and catchy as much of the stuff written for them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:44 pm

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hm, I ordered the regular edition a while back but I've looked now and there's an External Bonus button which wasn't there when I ordered it. Will I still get it? The shipping is also more expensive, is that because of the poster? Is it worth cancelling my first order and re-ordering? The first press button is still there so I guess the sticker is still available? Sorry for the questions, thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@phoenixnumber1: No need to cancel your first order. If you order before they start putting up the first press/external buttons, you'll get the extras since you're technically one of the firsts to have ordered it. You'll get the poster (the external bonus) since you placed your order early enough.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
phoenixnumber1 wrote: The shipping is also more expensive, is that because of the poster? 
The shipping fee was the same this time around for me as all other times I've ordered from CDJ

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 12 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ok thanks! I'm not sure because I tried pretending to order it again and the order total came out more than mine did, but I guess I'll see when it comes, plus it's already been processed. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:04 am

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
abcfsk wrote:From fuckyeahscandalband: There is also some talk about “Standard”, where the girls had tried their hand at writing lyrics and creating songs. Sometimes, when you write new songs, it’s also like you’re able to play different roles. 

That makes it sound like they haven't written songs before which they have of course, but I hope it means we do get a fair number of self-composed tunes. To be honest I'm waiting for a self-composed single as well.
They definitely have written something before, but I think this is the first time they try not only write the lyric and compose the music, but also arrange the song, and all by themselves without the help of other composers (I mean for the title song 'STANDARD'). This is like the beginning of SCANDAL as a producer which is a step forward. I can't wait to hear it..smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:01 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, technically, as a group, they haven't composed a song, but Hikare was written by Mami and Rina, and arranged by SCANDAL. But, yeah, as a group it's a first, I believe.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
Not sure that's happening here either, unless they have released some credits I'm unaware of.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:26 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Bayman wrote:This is like the beginning of SCANDAL as a producer which is a step forward. I can't wait to hear it.5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 12 804545
It was about time, it has been seven years since their debut; they have clearly the potential to compose their songs so they really must take their flight with their own wings Wink

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:28 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
abcfsk wrote:Not sure that's happening here either, unless they have released some credits I'm unaware of.
They fully wrote and composed "STANDARD," the last song on the album.

The song credits were posted here a while back.

13. STANDARD
Lyrics: SCANDAL
Composition: MAMI
Arrangement: SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.