Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

Guys, please keep all discussions and comments in this topic relevant to STANDARD only.

------------------------------------------

With STANDARD ending up in the 3rd spot on the Oricon Weekly Chart last week, and as RINA stated in one of her previous blogs, SCANDAL is now the first girls' band to have 5 consecutive works place within the Top 5 of the Oricon Charts since debuting, so congrats to them! 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 1527308190

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:31 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Indeed a great result for them! Hopefully the sales can keep up and they can break another record.

Happy you guys got the package finally .clap. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Nice! I hope they'll continue breaking records in the years to come.

On a side note, I sent the leaked files of the songs to my friend (a casual J-Music fan) and she asked me why the record is "dirty" (I can't think of any better English equivalent of the term she used  in our language). I told her it's not a good rip and listening from the actual CD is waaaay better! I'm actually glad that I have a physical copy of the album 'cause I will be missing a lot just listening to the ripped files.
Spoiler:

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:24 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@LieAnn

Yeah alot of SCANDAL songs sound "meh" in lower-than-the-best quality version and crappy speakers. You really need the top quality version and a good pair of acoustic headphones to really appreciate most of their songs. That's how I learned to like alot of their songs which I didn't like before (Beauteen!, Sakura good bye, Kimi to yoru to namida)

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 am

Mercurius

Mercurius

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://greywings.net
Coming out from hiding to say just how much I'm loving STANDARD. It has a lot of the style of riffs and refrains that first got me hooked on the band.

Weather report is an early catchy favorite amongst the album-exclusives, with 8月 close behind. Brand new wave does a rather great job of weaving in the pop dance-centric elements they've been experimenting with. Overall, a really well produced and enjoyable album that successfully takes the band's best elements from days past and propels them into the present and future.

Glad to see the album is doing well on the charts. Hoping for more good things to come for (and from) our lovely quartet.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:41 pm

lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think metronome would be a good anime song~ 

But the autotune on brand new wave kinda put me off a little >.< 

BUT overall, STANDARD's been a great listen! And it grows on you!

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 Second_zps9a1d7466
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:02 pm

I got them, finally! Although had someone to claim it for me from the local post office.. Uhm, I didn't have time to claim it myself so it was there since October 3. .sweat. 
Spoiler:

Last edited by Adii on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Fobbel78

Fobbel78

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Getting a little depressive lately... My copy of Standard still hasn't arrived yet. Don't know what the german customs do with it that long. Mayby listening to it...?

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 Ergo_o10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I just received mine today (it was the limited edition) without the poster whereas it was clearly stated in the Customs Declaration that there were the cd and the poster in the package...I am quite disappointed and angry at the same time5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 78
Anyway, the shirt fits me well even if a Small size would have suited me better ^_^"

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Yuffie
Awww that sucks !

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm

MasayumeBERRY

MasayumeBERRY

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://m.facebook.com/MasayumeBERRY/
Hi ~ I have to listen to the CD again... but look at me! *A*

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Fobbel78 wrote:Getting a little depressive lately... My copy of Standard still hasn't arrived yet. Don't know what the german customs do with it that long. Mayby listening to it...?
lol maybe they are yes .shy.  Sorry for you Sad

Sorry for Yuffie too Sad

@MasayumeBERRY : Nice Nice one  Are you gonna wear it night and day from now on? Hohoho Onion 

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:07 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@MasayumeBERRY: That's awesome! The shirt seems to fit you well.  

After listening to the album for an entire week, I must say that the songs that I initially didn't like have grown to me already. 
I'm surprised how I like Brand New Wave and Over Drive, and I think these are great album openers as well. As for Over Drive, it is one of those songs that I prefer listening to rather than watching the PV. 

My favorites are Metronome, Weather Report, Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne, Koi no Gestalt Houkai, and Standard. Metronome is really good, and like everybody else, I want to see them perform it live. I bet they would kill the performance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:10 pm

IceT

IceT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
the shirt was no option for me, it would never suits me.
14 days of waiting, 14 more to go (I'm sure, although I got a package within 3 weeks.)

"Ich glaube, auf dieser Welt gibt es keine Vernunft, und an Güte fehlt es auch."
"Kann sein. Aber das lässt sich wohl jetzt nicht mehr ändern."
"Das Rückgabedatum ist abgelaufen."
"Und die Quittung weggeschmissen." 1Q84, Aomame und Ayumi im Gespräch.

Nicht ich bin verrückt, die Welt ist es.
Haruki Murakami

"Wohin man auch geht, sich selbst entkommt man
nicht. Es ist so wie mit dem eigenen Schatten, der folgt einem auch
überallhin." Haruki Murakami
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hum the second week wasn't that great for the sales it seems :/ Only 5400 more : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Standard

Number is now 48.500~~ after 2 weeks which is not as good as SCANDAL SHOW for example (50k, their record). But still better than any of the "normal" albums so it's still great! I guess that many fans/people bought it in the first week so there were less buyers left for second week but still it's a bit disappointing, I thought they could get more fans, especially with the advertisement.

I guess I hoped for a huge step forward, like a mini explosion in fans numbers with their recent sales and all. But it looks like it's more of a slow progression rather than a sudden change.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 pm

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:
I guess I hoped for a huge step forward, like a mini explosion in fans numbers with their recent sales and all. But it looks like it's more of a slow progression rather than a sudden change.
I did as well...for some reason I was sure that this one would hit close to 100k in sales.

They really deserve it. .fustrated.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:47 am

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
Bought the album as soon as it got released on iTunes! Haven't listened to it quite yet though because I've been busy with a lot of other stuff lately!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
#22 at the Oricon weekly chart with 2,781 copies for a total 51,250 copies, which means STANDARD sold more in 3 weeks than QAT in it's entire 12 week chart run (50,476)! Their best-selling album SCANDAL SHOW sold 54,290 in 3 weeks (and a total 64,140 in 15)

1,706 more copies to surpass the sales of BEST*SCANDAL, 4,414 to surpass BABY ACTION, 9,051 to surpass TEMPATATION BOX and 12,890 to surpass SCANDAL SHOW.

Last edited by sillentdx on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
It's a very good news indeed. I'm still surprised by SCANDAL SHOW and its sale numbers, I guess it is because it's a BEST album and that a normal album can usually not beat that?

Let's hope that STANDARD keeps selling for a long time like that and maybe get the 60k mark?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:32 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Wow, STANDARD also charted on the South-Korean Gaon Combined and International Album chart at number 92 and 15, respectively! (good job SK SCANDAL fans!.toj. )

and "Brand new wave" charted on Billboard Japan Hot 100 at #48

Last edited by sillentdx on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
sillentdx wrote:Wow, STANDARD also charted on the South-Korean Gaon Combined and International Album chart at number 92 and 15, respectively! (good job SK SCANDAL fans!)

.clap. 

For those that know more about Japanese music sales than I do, is 50-60k sales thought of as good? Or is that low?

I really have no idea and find myself a little worried since im so used to seeing "gold" or "platinum" as the defining sales for success here in the west. Sure would hate to see the girls give up due to not making enough money to continue if these sales aren't making them profitable.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
sillentdx wrote:Wow, STANDARD also charted on the South-Korean Gaon Combined and International Album chart at number 92 and 15, respectively! (good job SK SCANDAL fans!.toj. )

wow! this is good news! they're also getting famous in SK .clap.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wolonggong wrote:For those that know more about Japanese music sales than I do, is 50-60k sales thought of as good? Or is that low?
Well, I'm not that familiar with Japanese music either, but 1. all-female (pop)-rock bands are far from popular (compared to idol music or early/mid 2000s Japan, at least) 2. I'm quite sure they are the best-selling among Japanese all-female bands these days (for comparsion chatmonchy's latest album sold around 33,500, Aldious' - 11,000, NEGOTO's - 11,000, Silent Siren's - 8,800, Stereopony's - 4,700, Akai Koen's - 4,000+, SHOW-YA's - below 3,000, FLiP's - 2,600, Gacharic Spin's - 1,800, ecosystem's - 1,500, exist trace's - 1,200, Oreskaband's - 1,100, LoVendor's - 1,000, Drop's' - 850, HAPPY BIRTHDAY's - 690, Zwei's - 650, Natsu Iro's - 385...)

BTW I hope STANDARD will chart in Taiwan too (QAT and SCANDAL SHOW charted there...)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:32 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
wow, these are the (best) bands in the same style/category as SCANDAL? If yes then SCANDAL is far ahead and that is an awesome news because it means that there is nothing to fear for the future. Compared to them SCANDAL sells a lot more so this must mean their company must be happy Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
sillentdx wrote:Wow, STANDARD also charted on the South-Korean Gaon Combined and International Album chart at number 92 and 15, respectively! (good job SK SCANDAL fans!.toj. )
I came to wonder if they were famous in South Korea, because there is no south-korean on the forum. I am glad to see they sell many albums in South Korea. Good job girls Nice one

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 25 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.