Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:18 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
sillentdx wrote:
wolonggong wrote:For those that know more about Japanese music sales than I do, is 50-60k sales thought of as good? Or is that low?
Well, I'm not that familiar with Japanese music either, but 1. all-female (pop)-rock bands are far from popular (compared to idol music or early/mid 2000s Japan, at least) 2. I'm quite sure they are the best-selling among Japanese all-female bands these days (for comparsion chatmonchy's latest album sold around 33,500, Aldious' - 11,000, NEGOTO's - 11,000, Silent Siren's - 8,800, Stereopony's - 4,700, Akai Koen's - 4,000+, SHOW-YA's - below 3,000, FLiP's - 2,600, Gacharic Spin's - 1,800, ecosystem's - 1,500, exist trace's - 1,200, Oreskaband's - 1,100, LoVendor's - 1,000, Drop's' - 850, HAPPY BIRTHDAY's - 690, Zwei's - 650, Natsu Iro's - 385...)

BTW I hope STANDARD will chart in Taiwan too (QAT and SCANDAL SHOW charted there...)
That is why they have the bragging rights to call themselves the "Japan Girl Bands Representative". .cool.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 26 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hapihapi wrote:
sillentdx wrote:Wow, STANDARD also charted on the South-Korean Gaon Combined and International Album chart at number 92 and 15, respectively! (good job SK SCANDAL fans!.toj. )

and "Brand new wave" charted on Billboard Japan Hot 100 at #48
wow! this is good news! they're also getting famous in SK .clap.
Hmm, come to think of it, I am helping Scandal in the Korean charts, too. For what it is worth.

I ordered Standard yesterday, I hope Scandal will not disappoint me. Happy

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

"Fremd bin ich eingezogen,
Fremd zieh' ich wieder aus."
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 am

Ceat

Ceat

Caless Student
Caless Student
yeeeeeees the cd and the tshirt finally arrived today!!!! so happy LOVE  
I really like the tshirt but unfortunately it's too big for me. But it's perfect to use it for sleeping .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:29 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
I really liked Metronom, Standard and OJ haha really good album! And I got my physical copy last week, got a Haruna sticker! Also just noticed my CD didn't bring a poster this happened to anyone else? D:

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:51 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Space_Ranger017 wrote:Also just noticed my CD didn't bring a poster this happened to anyone else? D:
In order to have received a poster from CDJ, you needed to have ordered the album when the "External Bonus" button was still up.

You ordered it after the album came out, right? Although they still had the "First Press Available" button up (meaning a randomly included sticker will be in your album, and it was) when you ordered it, the "External Bonus" button had already been removed/the posters were already 'sold out' a few weeks before the album was released.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 26 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:00 am

wolonggong

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ceat wrote:yeeeeeees the cd and the tshirt finally arrived today!!!! so happy LOVE  
I really like the tshirt but unfortunately it's too big for me. But it's perfect to use it for sleeping .smile.
Congrats on the album arrival!

And hey, at least you can wear the shirt to bed...I had to give mine to my niece...im 6' 4 and didn't stand a chance getting it on .silence.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:18 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Space_Ranger017 wrote:Also just noticed my CD didn't bring a poster this happened to anyone else? D:
In order to have received a poster from CDJ, you needed to have ordered the album when the "External Bonus" button was still up.

You ordered it after the album came out, right? Although they still had the "First Press Available" button up (meaning a randomly included sticker will be in your album, and it was) when you ordered it, the "External Bonus" button had already been removed/the posters were already 'sold out' a few weeks before the album was released.
Ah, yeah I did order it the day of the release well I guess I was to late haha.

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Haruka-Harukaze75

Haruka-Harukaze75

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://harukaharukaze75.wordpress.com/
this album is amazing.happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:21 pm

skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
After waiting for a few excruciating weeks (I didn't hear the leaks/previews of the new songs for the sake of surprising myself Tongue) my album finally arrived Rock on 
Needless to say, it's definitely worth the time and patience :')
I think this is the first time that every song in an album actually clicks in with me right after the first listen LOL

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 26 Sca_si11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:wow, these are the (best) bands in the same style/category as SCANDAL? If yes then SCANDAL is far ahead and that is an awesome news because it means that there is nothing to fear for the future. Compared to them SCANDAL sells a lot more so this must mean their company must be happy Happy
As an Aldious and SHOW-YA fan, these are actually depressing news... ROFL

But anyway, regardless of being a male or female band, I think in terms of j-rock alone, SCANDAL is one of the best selling artists nowadays, so no need to worry about they stopping because of money problems.

Just to stay on topic: back when they released the previews, Standard was my favorite (new) song, but Metronome took its place. Standard sounds like Everybody Say Yeah, not literally, but the kind of song it will be great for getting people pumped up during lives. For listening quietly with your headphones on, I think Metronome is a more "complete" rock song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:27 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
#6 on Oricon (Japan) Monthly Album Chart with 54,424 copies
#24 on Recochoku (Japan) Monthly Album Chart
"OVER DRIVE"- #23 on Recochoku (Japan) Monthly MV Chart
"OVER DRIVE" - #47 on Recochoku (Japan) Monthly J-Rock Songs Chart
"Kagen no Tsuki" - #32 on Recochoku (Japan) Monthly MV Chart

#92 on Gaon (South Korea) Monthly International Album Chart with 141 copies (ENCORE SHOW - #73 with 149 copies)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:20 am

Teldara

Teldara

Caless Student
Caless Student
I really like the album. It's a big different from previous albums. 

One of the main criticisms I have is that it feels too "heavily edited". Already have great singles in the album that I'll always listen to. 

The instruments are great, Mami is kicking it up a notch. Timo singing is really a great compliment to te songs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:11 am

miguelsvx

miguelsvx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It's been a while since my last post and update about SCANDAL here, due to school .hardwork. and .nerd.  etc...

Congratulations to their 5th album. .clap. 

I just noticed @thoseguiltyeyes is now a moderator hahah, congrats, keep up doing your good work also, and stay active ^_^.

This will be my last post(I think) for now also.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:32 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
For people who are interested in what the signed sticker looks like, here a picture of Tomo's
Spoiler:

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:52 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Close to 56.000 copies sold.

55,908 : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Standard

But I guess it won't go much higher than that, maybe close to 60k in a lot of weeks if it keeps selling a little bit?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:39 pm

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Close to 56.000 copies sold.

55,908 : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Standard

But I guess it won't go much higher than that, maybe close to 60k in a lot of weeks if it keeps selling a little bit?
I guess at the end of the tour definitely stalled sales

but now that Christmas is coming STANDARD think can be a good gift

.dance.

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:15 am

MiaLuGee

MiaLuGee

International Performer
International Performer
Now It's 56.541 sold :cheer: 
http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Standard

walking with best friends   .lol.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Teldara

Teldara

Caless Student
Caless Student
After listening for a few weeks and letting it sink in...

STANDARD is a pretty damn good album. I love it. Probably my favorite or close to favorite.

Metronome - best song in the album. Perhaps one of my top 5.
August - A good one too
OJ - It really does sound like what OJ would sound like

Love the alubm.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I wonder if Christmas can really have an effect on the sales at that point. Would be really awesome if it could boost the sales again a bit to reach the 60k mark. Let's hope so! Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:27 pm

JG-ROCK316

JG-ROCK316

Caless Student
Caless Student
Metronome is an amazing song, I can´t stop listening it

Back to top Go down

PLEASE MAKE THIS WISH COME TRUE !!!11
Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:06 pm

denniszhou1984

Caless Student
Caless Student
SPAM

.upwalk.  HOPE YOU COME BACK TO SINGAPORE AS A BIG SCALE CONCERT , MAYBE IN THE SINGAPORE INDOOR STADIUM ,.  .hora.   .picture.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marked as SPAM)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:47 am

J-musicfan128

J-musicfan128

Caless Student
Caless Student
I got the album for Christmas SO HAPPY! It's to bad the DVD doesn't work stupid region code Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:25 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
J-musicfan128 wrote:I got the album for Christmas SO HAPPY! It's to bad the DVD doesn't work stupid region code Sad

Get http://www.dvdfab.com/passkey-lite.htm this.
The lite version works with DVDs without limitations. It removes any sort of encryption like region codes. Alternative is any DVD but the trial is limited. You could also change your dvd drives region but you can only do that up to 5 times.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 26 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:28 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

J-musicfan128 wrote:I got the album for Christmas SO HAPPY! It's to bad the DVD doesn't work stupid region code Sad

If you can't play it using VLC then you can try changing the region of your computer's DVD reader. I really suggest you try playing the DVD with VLC before you do this though.

Just be careful because the hardware limits the number of times you can do this before it gets stuck in that region. You can only do this a limited number of times.

Right click on the dvd drive in My Computer, go to properties. Next go to the hardware tab and hit properties (make sure the drive is selected). In the new window click the DVD region tab, and select Japan (or what ever region you want to change it to).
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 26 5ZyAw
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 26 5ZyqQ

Edit:

Or you can try what reachie suggested Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum