Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@HapiHapi
Thanks you for having post the interview!^_^ And similarly, thanks for the dub song!
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:The Donbondobondo songs/PV are great because it's clearly funny and they don't take it seriously at all.
I agree! I think there is a big chance that the song will be of that kind of approach as you said!^_^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:18 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANDAL and DUB STEP?.omg. 
Sure I can accept SCANDAL and rap since I've heard a couple of songs of Scandal with Haruna singing fast, but if they mean rap like Dobondodobondo, I don't think the girls are into it that much...
Going back; Dub Step.  I still don't see SCANDAL to dubstep...
I still love them though..
and I don't have problems with the Jacket art as long as the girls are fine with it XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:22 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
I'm not really a fan of illustrated covers, so I can't say I like it. But OVER DRIVE itself sounded great, this was exactly the kind of tune I expected after seeing the title. Can't wait to hear what kind of song the B-side will be. I was just telling my friend the other day one of the reasons I love SCANDAL was due to their versatility and willingness to try new stuff, and they've just done it again with that B-side.

I just thought it was weird that they would release a double edition single just before their album. Their pre-album singles has never sold as well as their other singles, so I'm curious what went through the minds of the girls and their management before deciding to release a pre-album single with 2 editions.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I probably think it is going to be a Dubstep song in the japanese way so that I am not much worried about that!^o^"
The Jackets are daring but it is pretty original and somehow cute (the way it is drawing), I appreciate them!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just listened to the preview...I gotta say, it's not my type of song. But I am glad other people like it.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I think we really need to wait to hear a preview of that song or a preview from the PV.

Obviously this sounds like a very special song/collaboration and isn't a typical SCANDAL song. It could be a lot of things, could turn bad or awesome.

Think about dobon or almond crush... Before hearing the song or seeing the PV it could have sounded really weird or bad but in the end it's awesome. I don't know about others fans but I really like what they did and it's a great to have such songs from our girls! It's funny, cute, etc.

They are funny side projects that shows us another side of the girls, what they like, what they wanted to try, etc.

Maybe this b-side is exactly that, a crazy dance-rap-dubstep song with a crazy PV where dobon meets almond crush. Honestly it could turn out great, just keep in mind we know almost nothing right now. It may be a very serious song or just a fun joke. Also it's not an album song, just a b-side (yeah ok with a PV).

As said, I just hope that they don't take it too seriously if they try a complete new sound.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 pm

jona DJ

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
oh God, another "OVER DRIVE". you know, stereopony's OVER DRIVE. i love their OVER DRIVE lol

can't wait for SCANDAL's OVER DRIVE!~

SCANDALPONY FOREVER! lol

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 Tumblr_mkbaztDHJP1s2ouyoo1_400

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 pm

SCAPepper

SCAPepper

International Performer
International Performer
I've watched the Preview of this new Single, and is awesome .love. 

jona DJ wrote:SCANDALPONY FOREVER! lol
OH YEAH!! Nice one

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 4qVqQA4
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:00 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
The preview is soooo good .wow. 

The cover is .wtf. 

I love dubstep but scandal making dubstep, it will be bizarre... I WANT TO BE IN SEPTEMBER .happy. .happy. 

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 pm

tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
just watched the preview, really liked it Nice one 

Honestly, I expect something with Dobondobondo team for the PV

I agree with my senpai, OVER DRIVE would be a great anime opening xD

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't feel like this is something we should be afraid or take precautions for.
My initial impressions of the preview was screaming "avril lavigne" and "pop punk-ish" Which is awesome Happy

Previously known as HugoDisasters17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:03 pm

heiya

heiya

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i got teary eyed after watching the preview! .toj. 
can't wait for its release!

and yeah SCANDALPONY FOREVER~~~~!!!

(づ๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)づ
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 Scanda11 (´ ▽`).。o♥️
"it doesn't really matter since when did you start liking them or
how much do you actually know them to really feel their music"
(Mornings are evil (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ )
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:The title sounds rockish, I doubt you would call a slow-ballad-pop like that but we will see.
I know you posted this before the preview came out, but since SCANDAL has a ballad called "BURN", I would expect anything from a song's title... 8o

About the song, I liked it since my first hearing, which didn't occur with Awanai or Kagen, both of them had to grow on me. I'm not saying OVER DRIVE is better than any of those, nor that I already love it, but it made a good first impression.

Loved the girls' outfits, all of them look great, but two of them stand out in my opinion. Haruna's hair and expression, she's giving her aura of "I'm the boss". And it's almost scary how Tomomi looks awesome with hats!

Plus, looks like I'm the only one here who remember Jojo's Bizarre Adventure when I read/hear OVERDRIVE... ROFL

PS: The only thing I hate about this single is the jacket. Yes, I hate it, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 am

ZeroN

ZeroN

Caless Student
Caless Student
what about their other song, weather report, why hasn't that been included?

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 IMG_0848-edsm
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:25 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@ZeroN

Weather Report will be appearing on the album, STANDARD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:35 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I like it! It'd make a great anime song. I think the first bits of intro sounds like Allegro Cantabile (opening song of Nodame Cantabile season 1). I can listen to it alone for hours!

As for the jacket cover, hmmm. I think anyone who doesn't know SCANDAL and happens to look at it in my table would be having doubts on my personality. But who cares. Tongue

I'm also curious about SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE. I think I'm going to like it, but in a whole different way. I like rap and a bit of dubstep, and I don't mind them dancing, because they are learning dance way before they became a band (plus, I'm going to die if Haru's going to pull those moves). But then, I know some fans may not be happy with this, and compare them to... Well, if you get my drift. .silence. I'll just keep my mouth shut on that matter.

I may be wrong, but heard the lyrics "jumping, performing music" in the chorus part. So maybe this song is about them, and/or for other bands and/or for the future musicians. This song may be more touching than I expect it to be.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:39 am

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:About the b-side I'm not sure what to expect but I think I don't really care if it's pop, or rap or dubstep, etc. I just hope that if they go that way for that b-side/pv they will take a "dobondobondo" approach and not be too serious about it.

Think about dobon or almond crush... Before hearing the song or seeing the PV it could have sounded really weird or bad but in the end it's awesome. I don't know about others fans but I really like what they did and it's a great to have such songs from our girls! It's funny, cute, etc.
I agree every word you said ^-^ But I will still respect any kind of song/PV they make.

But still. LOL. The only thing to do is wait. But I can't wait any longer x______x

LOVE
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 LOGO
.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:51 am

yhanika

yhanika

International Performer
International Performer
oh my ! i love it i've  been listening to it repeatedly ..  Onion Love 
and i love the vid  Nice one

.love. ~ Mami x Haruna ~.love. 
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 <a href=
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:19 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Can't wait to hear SCANDAL go all ghetto for their B-side "SCANDAL in the house". At this rate SCANDAL will play music from all sorts of genre. Tongue

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 4 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
the cover is definitly original and interesting love it Nice one 
can't wait for the single release!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Fans are getting more interested in the b-side than then actual single lol .bleh. 

If they make it a full dance video I would still be ok with it. Let's not forget HARU and TIMO (not 100% sure about RINA & MAMI) dreamed about being dancers. So even if they make a full dance video like an idol band it doesn't mean they are suddenly an idol band.

Remember, b-side. And they proved with Dobon/Almond that they can/want to do something else sometimes. Maybe it's gonna be a idol band parody like Dobon was a rap parody.

And honestly seeing them in a full dance video... I wouldn't mind .nosebleed.  Imagine HARU making awesome moves... .nosebleed.  She would be so happy just for one PV be a full dancer .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:10 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
definitely!actually i was somehow hoping that it will be a dance video..i would love to see them groove with their moves =) haru! LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Maybe it's gonna be a idol band parody like Dobon was a rap parody.
Oh my it would be terrific if it happened to be that!°_°

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like the preview, it's really easy to listen to Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 am

PAulfromAustralia

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
Yakata produced single . Wow i love all his work, even weird Capsule stuff. i am praying he will co-write or write a single for the girls. A breaker for US market would be very handy about now   : )
Scandal girl work so hard, they a "four amazing little girls", that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.