Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Spoiler:
About Nakata-san.
Theme:TOMOMI

Timo

About Nakata-san. - 2013-09-21 (TOMOMI) Ta0BgO4

「OVER DRIVE」 is on sale!

It was produced by Yasutaka Nakata-san

From the start I've loved Nakata-san's unique melodies and lyrics of his outlook on the world, and I listen to Perfume and Kyary-chan on a regular basis, so it was a really great project! (So exciting)

The collaboration between band sound and Yasutaka sound (with respect, it's what it's called), there were quite a bit of parts that exceeded my imagination. I was really interested in it, and from the steps where nothing had started yet I felt that we could make something really great

The heartpounding excitement didn't stop

We went out to eat with Nakata-san before creating the song, and we had a wonderful time with a frank, fun person

The course that we chose was nothing but meat from the appetizer to the main course
It was surprising how much meat there was

That day we ingested a lot of protein (Healthy)

During then, Nakata-san's brain was on a different level at times, and that was impressive

After that, he sent a very simple programming recording

And recorded vocals to match it

Yes. (Shocking)

Usually you put vocals on top of an instrument recording

This collaboration with Nakata-san, from the start there were lots of things we experienced for the first time

Asking why you record after vocals,

Compared to when you record after instruments, performance passion is stretched, and you can record an emotional vocal take,

When you sing to a simple programming, you can record a robotic vocal take

That's how we recorded vocals characteristic to Nakata-san (Deep emotion)

After that, the phrases continued to change when we layered instrument recordings,

And in the end the bassline turned out to be completely different than originally played

The drums and guitar were accompaniments, and by recording phrases and such one by one it didn't feel like we were playing it in full

Even though we finished the vocal recordings, even though we finished the instrument recordings, we couldn't see its shape at all and everything remained a mystery...

And that day,

It was finally sent

The song's name, 「OVER DRIVE」

An emotional band sound and an imbalance of robotic, sentimental Yasutaka sound

It felt like how we felt when we started the band

Words that we hadn't dared ourselves yet to put into lyrics

Everything, in full, turned into something interesting, and arrived

Like what I had felt in the beginning, we really were able to make something really great (Bang)

I'll say it again

We really were able to make something really great (Ba-bang)

What I want to say in the end is,

Our album's coming out soon

This is the single before it,

But buy it, okay☆

Yep (YES!)

It's the best finish

Best regards for 「OVER DRIVE」(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

2013-09-21 09:42:39

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

About Nakata-san. - 2013-09-21 (TOMOMI) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: About Nakata-san. - 2013-09-21 (TOMOMI)
Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:17 am

kaishun

kaishun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thank for translate

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:34 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
That's a very cute, funny and long blog post, a real TIMO-blog .love.   If HARU checks this blog post she will have nightmares about how long it is .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Looong and technical blog post by Tomo! Although, honestly it was a little confusing lol.

Thanks for the translation!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:04 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
What Timo talks about here it very interesting indeed. Yes, normally one would record the instruments first one after another, then vocals last. Here they did the opposite. Very unusual but I think this probably was because Nakata-san wanted something specific from the vocals.

Cool story, Timo Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:09 am

ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
Timo fangiriling!!!  The girls must have been very pleased with the results of their collaboration... It's really evident that they admire nakata-san a lot... .smile.  It's always nice to read these blog posts.. It gives you great insight on each of them... Reading Timo's blog is always fun and thanks so much for the translation...

About Nakata-san. - 2013-09-21 (TOMOMI) Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I agree Timo, meat is full of good protein (especially chicken). I like the part with : bang, Ba-bang ^^

About Nakata-san. - 2013-09-21 (TOMOMI) MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.