Spoiler:
Studio and home
Theme:RINA

The second day of hall tour rehearsals

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) UHylYJh

Doing the album songs live makes them cool again. Why is that haha
There are many songs that transform.

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) LjMrG0v

We recorded this album in one shot, and since it's not only about the title track,
These rehearsals are the first time the 4 of us match one another
And it's exciting knowing that this is a chance to show the hard-to-understand sound of members' playing

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) OZnFzCn

We keep playing from noon until night,
And then go home, get ready again for the next day, arranging our heads and the music. That's our life right now.
Each time it's a battle of feeling nervous about 「Are we going to make it in time!?」
Ahー, look forward to our outfits tooー.
I think I'm really going to like how they turn out.
The members always come up with the designs for our tour outfits. We then tell our stylist, who creates them!

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) ZMkTrHI

When I look on Twitter during our breaks,
There are lots of people who say "I have an examー!" or "I have a testー!"
I think it'd be great to use our lives and music as a breatherー. Do your best, okay!
You almost never use things you learn in school such as complex calculations nor experiments in your adult life,
But it's not like that's not important
I think they're things that you must overcome in order to become a hardworking adult.
Although school was tough, I'm glad that I did everythingー
Fight!

※Bonus

I read this book recently. It was wonderful.

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) JFjIyZR

I love both novels and interviews.
I read books regardless of genre.
I've come to now pick up books other than novels

RINA

2013-10-11 00:21:37

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA)
Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:09 am

edcamel

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you for the translation.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
"You almost never use things you learn in school such as complex calculations nor experiments in your adult life,
But it's not like that's not important
I think they're things that you must overcome in order to become a hardworking adult."

Oh wow that's like one of the smartest things I've ever heard lol
It's true. While you might not need those things, the process of learning them and over coming them is quite an important thing to have as an adult.
Ah, our wise, wise Rina U.U

And I can't wait to see their outfits .smile. 

Thanks, Jade!

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:09 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ah, Rina, wise as always~
I like the way she put that. I never really thought of it in that kind of way but she puts it in a good way. It does help you become more of a hardworking adult when you had to do things like that in school. Kind of makes you think a bit differently.

I'm excited to see their tour outfits too! I think they'll be good no matter what though. C:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:36 am

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
You almost never use things you learn in school such as complex calculations nor experiments in your adult life,
haha, I always told to my classmates : "[...] it's not that I'm gonna use it in my future".
Teachers want you to know some useless things sometimes (and you're like "who cares about that ?").

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:52 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
"We recorded this album in one shot"
That is amazing, English bands take months and months to record an album !
Everyone is good at something and it does not have to be something you learn at school, the world would be a very sad place without music.
Although Tomomi is my favourite I often feel Rina is the deep thinking one.

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Recorded in one shot?? Hum not sure I understand, the first single Awanai is from May, they surely didn't record the whole album in May?

Anyway, RINA playing the teacher and giving life lessons nice ^^ You may think it's useless but it's more about the process and how to learn it that will help you.

They seem to be in full work mode now, hopefully they will be satisfied and relaxed when the tour comes Happy I really wonder about their outfit now =P Do they usually just wear one outfit for such tour? Or do they change at some point?

Also, is the third photo photoshopped?! Because the light and poses look a bit unnatural ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
One thing for sure, they are not going to wear those Jumpsuits on this tour!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:47 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Recorded in one shot?? Hum not sure I understand, the first single Awanai is from May, they surely didn't record the whole album in May?
From the context, I think what she must have meant is that they recorded each track separately. I'm just guessing from the next couple sentences that by "one shot" (or whatever the original Japanese says) she meant something like "one at a time" or "individually". That's the only way I can make it jibe with her saying this is the first time the 4 of them have "matched to each other". That sentence seems to suggest they have not played some of these songs together before (as does the part about songs "transforming" during rehearsals).

Maybe thoseguiltyeyes can shed more light.

A lot of bands do record their parts separately, but it's unusual for a band to not have *ever* played the album songs together even after the album has been released and just before a tour. But it sounds like they have a different process; they must learn their parts individually, then go in and record them separately. I'd like to think they're all present during recording at least some of the time, though, just to hear the progress, but there's no reason they'd actually have to be.

This could be part of why some of their songs are so much better live, though. They may not actually play them together until they go out on tour after recording them, and that's the point when the song really comes together. I don't think many of the songs on Standard really need transforming, but I still can't wait to hear what they sound like when they're all actually playing off of each other. And I *am* curious to hear what they do to "Brand New Wave" live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:18 pm

tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
I read books regardless of genre.
wow, it's interesting... I usually don't read books but if I would have to pick one genre, I would choose 'mystery' or 'investigation' something like the genre of Death Note anime.

and I'm looking forward to see the outfits Rina-chan!

by the way, thanks for the translation!Nice one

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 pm

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
Realist RINA Ever Said About The School Thing LOL

Studio and home - 2013-10-11 (RINA) G8xw2Sx
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 pm

kaishun

kaishun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thank for translate

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:29 pm

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
Everything Rina said about school stuff is just what I needed to hear right now. haha. Thank you Rina. Happy Onion And yes, Scandal's music is a really great breather. Tried and tested. 

I hope they have a wonderful tour. Happy

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum