Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: 6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』
Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:44 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
victor_survive wrote:also CDJapan hasn't discounted the money from my credit card

Yeah they seem to be kind of slow with that. I only got charged for Image yesterday, and it arrived on November 19th.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:50 pm

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
it's Awesome,i like very much all songs.
@ Mentolo i hope you receive this one very soon.
@ Scandard sincerely you write things not properly very cute about Scandal on your post,ok are only your ideas and comments embraceable or not.
Frankly let me say a thing,to read Mami looks like a Zombie is absolutely not pleasant for Mami and for the people here the follow this topic,and your comment about money also..ehm...

Unfortunatly Visit my little Youtube channel dedicated to SCANDAL is closed after 2 years,i wish to thanks all for the support.
Please Follow my new little YTube channel dedicated to SCANDAL ! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvp3QIOGIRc
Mio articolo in italiano sul blog di Desideri D'Oriente (Italian)
http://fabcollection.blogspot.it/2014/07/jmusic-le-scandal.html#more

SCANDAL simply the best band of the planet !
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
At first, I was thinking that Onegai Navigation was my favorite from this album. But, guys, I need to tell you, I was so wrong about it. Graduation is the song that I was waiting for to fill up my life. Yes, and I'm not being silly when I say it. The song is soft, gentle and heartwarming, but deep, nostalgic, melancholic and heartbreaking at the same time. All this nostalgia feeling just blew me away. I think the album worth buying only because of this song. It's a masterpiece. It's so full of emotions, so mature, I could shed a tear everytime I'm listening to it.

But, about the album as a whole... It's interesting. I mean, I understand they finally found a proper sound, a sound that tell a lot about the composer side of the girls. It's a very mature release from them, and it's very very good. But, I don't know, I feel it lacks something. Since Yoake no Ryuuseigun, I was foreseeing an album with generic sound. Don't get me wrong, I love YnR and I'm enjoying every song of this album, for sure (except for Runners high; sorry guys but I really didn't get into it until now). But, after the burst that was STANDARD, I was expecting for some experimental songs. I agree with you when you say HELLO WORLD is more mellow, more sentimental than the previous records... But I really couldn't get into that "sentimental vibe" in songs like love in action or Hon wo Yomu; it just sounds generic to me. Very enjoyable, but generic. Maybe the problem is with me, and I think it really is, haha. I wasn't so warmed up for this release like I was for STANDARD and QaT, and, even after first listening to HELLO WORLD, I wasn't so excited. I don't know, maybe HW is the kind of album you has to listen a few times to really feel its awesomeness. And it's the first time it happens to me with a release of them; maybe because the sound is more mature than the previous albums, and you have to digest this new atmosphere to get into its vibe.

PS.: QaT still is my favorite album from them. The old-school rock amazes me until now.

Last edited by Liokt on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mi favourite album its still QaT.
I never understood how the composition system worked exactly. I just know that this time the girls were more involved in the development of the album, and this is the result of that. its easy to put togheter 10 songs written by 10 different people, 'cause you're gonna pick the best song of each, and have an album full of hits. Making an album between 4 or less people will end in a very different thing. I think HW its kind of a "first step" in their career. I can't be too hard judging them, at least not now. Let's take this a process, and we'll see with the next albums. 

HW its very cool and it will rock it live!

Hon wo Yomu blows my mind. At first I thought " Hey, this could totally be a song on Judy and Mary's Warp album", but then replayed and realized that it sounds like a Chatmonchy's song. Either way, I love it. All this plus Mami singing the full thing, couldn't be better!

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 14 V9BqnPG

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:37 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I became a fan of SCANDAL in 2012 which was understandably the period of their sound that I came to enjoy the most, so naturally my favourite album is still QaT. Hello World is a nice change, but it still doesn't knock out QaT or STANDARD. I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler because it's rather long lol.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:45 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
@syakmp I actually like Hon wo Yomu, haha. For sure it's very different from things MAMI used to compose, in terms of lyrics and instrumental. The chorus is very enjoyable, I'd love to sing it someday, haha. When I said it sounds generic to me, I was referring to that "sentimental vibe"... To me, Hon wo Yomu is emotionally generic. It lacks some "feeling", although it's a very enjoyable song. And I super agree with you when you said Graduation is like "Bright in HELLO WORLD"; I feel exactly the same! Bright is undoubtedly one of my favorite songs overrall, and it's like Graduation is Bright Part. II.

And it's so nice to see that there's a lot of QaT's lovers!~ I listen to SCANDAL since the release of Sakura Good-Bye, but I never felt in love with an album of them like I felt with QaT. But this is kind off-topic, sorry; let's talk about nowadays, lol.

I'm starting to feel some pain while listening to Kan Beer. These lyrics are so cruel, my heart aches, haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 am

Scandard

Scandard

Caless Student
Caless Student

@ Scandard sincerely you write things not properly very cute about Scandal on your post,ok are only your ideas and comments embraceable or not.
Frankly let me say a thing,to read Mami looks like a Zombie is absolutely not pleasant for Mami and for the people here the follow this topic,and your comment about money also..ehm...
Don't get me wrong, I think she is beautiful. It just looks like she's tired to the bone and needs more sleep.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:38 am

xepher416

xepher416

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just ordered my T-shirt edition from HMV!!! So excited!! Thanks to: No Country for Tall Men Exports. (Facebook Business)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:12 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@victor_survive
@joon
CDJ charges the card after your package is shipped and it can take up to 2 weeks for them to complete the charge. You'll probably get the package long before they actually get around to charging you for it aha. xP

Tower Records shipped out my package a few days ago; Tenso shipped it out for me about a day or two ago I think. It'll probably be here tomorrow or early next week hopefully~ It's just the regular edition and Haru's clear file but I'm very excited for it~ ^.^

I'm getting more used to Hon wo Yomu but it's still a kind of weird song for me haha. I just can't get a feel for it. I must say though... It's sort of nice to listen to after coming home from work. It's definitely got an upbeat rhythm to it so it's nice to listen to when you're in a down mood. :3

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:58 am

Scandard

Scandard

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh man they should really shoot a PV for Onegai Navigation! It's an awesome song, plus the lyrics are just so cool and thrilling too

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:49 am

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandard wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think she is beautiful. It just looks like she's tired to the bone and needs more sleep.

yes for shure Nice one
I believe Scandal have extra energy respect a normal person,are unstoppable !  .clap.

Unfortunatly Visit my little Youtube channel dedicated to SCANDAL is closed after 2 years,i wish to thanks all for the support.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:44 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
After  ignoring the previews for this album, I was finally able to listen to the album. Customs delayed my package by 2 days, but I mind as long as the album is already with me. :D

Like others, my favorite SCANDAL album is Queens are Trumps, especially since I became a fan (though I already knew them) around when Harukaze was released, thanks to Bleach. With Hello World, though the lyrics are good and that girls have participated more in the making of this album, I couldn't help but look for the rock-ish sound I always anticipate in a SCANDAL album.

Among the non-singles, my favorites are Onegai Navigation, Hon wo Yomu, Oyasumi, and Graduation. I also have this inexplicable fondness towards Winter Story.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:33 am

Sanshinzoka

Sanshinzoka

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/
I've listening a few times on entirely songs in this album. Like you guys has mention it above, it's not as great as STANDARD or QAT albums. Yet, it's still very good.

But one thing for sure I really appreciated is about how the members more involved on creating songs on this album.

【Image】 Lyric: Mami, Music: Mami
【Your Song】 Lyric: SCANDAL, Music: SCANDAL
【love in action】 Lyric: Mami, Music: Mami
【Departure】 Lyric: Mami, Music: Mami
【Graduation】 Lyric: Haruna, Music: Haruna
【Yoake no Ryuuseigun】 Lyric: Tomomi-Hidenori Tanaka, Music: Hidenori Tanaka
【Onegai Navigation】 Lyric: Rina, Music: Mami
【Runners high】 Lyric: Haruna, Music: Yuichi Tajika
【Hon wo Yomu】 Lyric: Mami, Music: Mami
【Can Beer】 Lyric: Mami, Music: Mami
【Winter story】 Lyric: Rina, Music: Mami-Rina
【Oyasumi】 Lyric: Rina, Music: Rina
【Place of life】 Lyric: Tetsuya Komuro-SCANDAL, Music: Tetsuya Komuro

Especially for Mami. she's I think being great day-by-day about music composing. She's like become ''SCANDAL's main composer'' at this time.

For my favorite song's hmm.. I pick Haru's first song ''Graduation'' as my fav above ''Onegai Navigation''.

I give 8.5 for HELLO WORLD

and sorry for my chaotic-English ^_^

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 14 News_large_scandal1
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:04 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Kan Biiru is full TIMO song, or my data is wrong ^^

Also, I understand why people try to compare this new album to the older ones but I don't think it's really necessary.

But I think one thing that all of us can agree is that we are really happy that SCANDAL is doing their own songs now and are more involved than ever. It's nice to see them grow up as artists and have more control even thought I really love their "old" songs too!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:14 pm

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Kan Biiru is full TIMO song, or my data is wrong ^^

Also, I understand why people try to compare this new album to the older ones but I don't think it's really necessary.

But I think one thing that all of us can agree is that we are really happy that SCANDAL is doing their own songs now and are more involved than ever. It's nice to see them grow up as artists and have more control even thought I really love their "old" songs too!

.clap. i quote any words of your post ! .wow.
ps you have see the video on D.motion of Yesterday Scandal at the final soccer ? 
its wonderful  .dies.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Zangekii97

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I bought the CD + DVD during AFASG2014. The DVD contains a video that SCANDAL talks about "Hello World" ..I watch and listen to it but could not understand what they're saying. If only there's an English translation on what they're saying. =/ ..wishing that I could understand Japanese. Sad life.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:19 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I finally got the CD+DVD version two days ago and have listened through it three times now. Overall, it's very good and I like it a lot.

Onegai Navigation is definitely the best of the new songs for me. The only problem is that it's too short! Only 3:00! I think they could have put another chorus before the bridge to make it around 3:40. It only has two choruses, which is rare for their songs. RINA's Twitter description of the song said that it was meant as a continuation of Awanai. It definitely has that same "straight" rock feel, but it's less pop and more like Rainy. I love both of those songs, so it's the best of both worlds! I really hope they play this on the world tour; I want to rock out to this song!

Next tier of new songs is Kan Biiru and love in action. love in action is a great upbeat song and fits well in its album placement, much like Uchiage Hanabi on STANDARD. I like Kan Biiru a little more; I love the lead guitar and bass throughout the song. Timo's vocals fit very well, too.

Graduation, Hon wo Yomu, and Winter story make up the third tier for me. When I first heard Graduation, I thought, "This is totally a song that HARUNA would compose." The intro guitar riff sounds like something from ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, another one of my favorite bands. Likewise, Hon wo Yomu is very MAMI-like, lol. It's a fun song; on the DVD, Timo was super excited to play it when MAMI first showed it to the other members. My only concern is whether MAMI will be able to hit those high notes consistently when she plays it live. I kind of wish she would use her naturally lower vocal range, like in Ring! Ring! Ring! Winter story is solid and definitely gives a wintry feel.

Last tier. I didn't have a great first impression of these songs, but I'll still listen and probably eventually like them more. Oyasumi... I'm happy that RINA got to sing lead vocals, but I don't really llike the overall sound of the song. The guitar during and after the chorus are too distorted/muddy/whatever for my taste. Also, autotune... on the DVD, there is a clip of RINA singing in the recording studio, and it sounds pretty good. I'm fine with autotune when it's clearly used intentionally as an effect in electronic-sounding songs, but that intent is not so clear here, if you get what I mean. Right now it's kind of like Kill the virgin for me. Place of life is long and doesn't really sound like the other songs on the album, since it was written by someone else. It kind of overstays its welcome.

Overall, I like the album songs, and I liked the singles a lot too. I think this will end up in my top tier of albums along with STANDARD and TEMPTATION BOX.

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 14 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:19 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I finally got mine as well. So far I've only been able to listen to it once, but overall I like it. Something I can't quite put my finger on strikes me as very different about it and maybe it's because so much of it is written by the band. One thing is that it seems to be missing any songs where they just let loose, but on the other hand there are a few songs that are really complex and thoughtful sounding. It's not a "fun" album IMO. It's a more serious album for the most part.

"Oyasumi" is actually kind of crazy, though. Rina's vocals combined with those almost My Bloody Valentine-like guitars underneath are a pretty interesting juxtaposition. I wonder where they got the idea to play like that but it really does sound like Kevin Shields. (I guess this is kind of a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. I think I love it, but then I am a huge MBV fan and all their songs sound like that.)

Anyway I'll have to listen to the album more; it hasn't had the immediate impact on me that STANDARD did but it sounds like an album that grows on you over time. I do like how it kicks off better than STANDARD, starting off with two rock songs (even if they are very similar).

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 am

schiapcom

schiapcom

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i listened for 10 times,im astonished about the works of SCANDAL every day,but this album its really incredibile. .wow. LOVE .love.
Im so proud of SCANDAL,are immense.
i cant find a words for describe the emotions received ...
Winter story it's Amazing...Onegai navigation it's wonderful song, Haruna Rina Mami e Tomomi voices are awesome...Place of Life it's a great song.
i have Always chills when i listen.
Definetely love this album.
I want to go to all concerts in Europe .toj. ... together all scandal heaven member

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Words cannot even begin to express how much Hello World is making me happy right now; almost feel like crying sometimes. It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting them to release in the wake of Standard, and and it shows how amazing musicians and composers they have become. I also really like the production this time: clearer, less brickwalled, especially RINA's drums, which makes it even easier to realize how good she is... same with TOMOMI... Hell, same with all of them!

My hopes for what's next are gonna be so hard to control.

I'd also say that now that they've proven how talented they are at making songs, maybe they should slow down a bit and focus on that aspect. I mean who wouldn't want more songs like the chatmonchyesque "Hon wo Yomu" or the shoegazy "Oyasumi"? Who wouldn't want more MAMI songs?!?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
Hello World is on 7th in 07/12
waiting for total sales for 1st week.....hope its huge

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 14 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:37 am

sonic0313

sonic0313

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I just got mine today and I like what I'm hearing. 
I would want to watch them perform these songs live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:15 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Finally get a chance to talk some SCANDAL now that I'm halfway through my finals; I'll review the new songs;

3. love in action: A light hearted song but has a bit of mainstream poppy feel to it, which isn't my type. Underwhelming song.

5. Graduation: Ooh a pure Haruna song, we finally see what song embodies her. And what a song! Has a pretty dark tone which complements Haruna's husky voice. Very well made song. My second (tied) favorite song out of the new songs in the album.

7. Onegai Navigation: The Metronome / SCANDAL BABY of HW. Love it, favorite song of the new songs. I mentioned earlier how this song is like a technical exercise for Haruna's voice. A bit of autotune going on here, I'm a bit worried as to how well she'll perform this difficult, signature song live. Also really disappointed that it's only 2:55 long.

9. Hon wo yomu: I agree with Geo in that this song is too high pitched for Mami. Would rather see hear her sing more songs suited for her range like Shojo M. 

10. Kan Beeru: The surprise of the album. Wasn't expecting such a good melody from a whacky title, from yours truly Tomo. This song mixes in sentimental, energetic, happy, sad, all wrapped nicely in one little package. Second fave (tied) song of new ones.

11. Winter Story: I can see the time and place for this song: when it's snowing and Christmas times. Very, very slow song. If not in dreamy mood, will bore you.

12. oyasumi: I was really looking to this song, because I wanted to hear Rina sing without so autotune like in Koi Diet. So you can imagine how disappointed I am...ugh. It's like listening to Hitsune Miku...

13. Place of life: I heard the live version of this song first and I liked it then. It's a well composed song with great electric guitar parts. Very instrumental dominated song, will be a joy to hear live.

Overall, very mixed results from the girls' first real attempt at song creation for an album. Some bullseyes, some duds, lots of in betweens; it's all over the place. But that's to be expected for a first effort. 

Rounding out the rest of the album is the excellent song Departure, the decent Yoake no Ryuuseigun & Your song & Runners' High, and the okay Image. 

Compared to the masterpiece that was Standard, which set the bar really high, HW is a solid follow up attempt. It did not dethrone it, but it is a step in an entirely new direction. The singles included in this one (esp. the Europe release with Rainy) are arguably the best in all of their albums. Standard's album specific songs are just way too good though. It was the first album in which I liked every single song, which unfortunately did not happen with HELLO WORLD.

I was really looking forward to a self composed album and I got my wish so soon. It didn't let down and I do look forward to their future self compositions. In basketball terms, this is SCANDAL's first time getting starting minutes. Go SCANDAL! I'm looking forward to your future growth!

Overall rating: 8/10

P.S. The cover wrap for the t-shirt box is fantastic  Nice one

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 14 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:16 am

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
From JPURecords@IG:

"We just received some extra special SCANDAL gifts to give to preorders. We'll reveal details soon! Wink"

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 14 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:00 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ohhh what could this be?
Is there any way to get this EU ver. album outside Europe? Happy I'm interested to what it might be haha

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum