Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:15 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Are we really going to debate all over again about how their recent output isn't supposed to be rock anymore, when it is so obviously not the case? Like Hello World would be poppier than Baby Action?

And no, "Stamp!" is not a pop song, and they have done plenty of poppier songs in their career, including in their early days. It's just absolutely impossible to pinpoint one specific era for being rockier or poppier than another. Of course it's up to anyone to not enjoy some recent songs as much as some others, but saying that they have given up their rock roots (whatever that means) is simply false.

Just because they don't play their instruments in the video and instead simply act as if they're having a good time doesn't mean that they are becoming a generic idol group. If you know Scandal, you know that every new single is pretty much never a solid indication of what they will do next. Shall I remind that Mami, who wrote "Stamp!", said that she was into bands like Foo Fighters and Green Day? Two bands known for their pop sound, for sure! (Sorry for the unnecessary sarcasm.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
abcfsk wrote:I don't think this has anything to do with breaking into foreign markets. It's just the opportunity to film there was taken and a different, casual style of video has been tried out.

Actually, it is very american and it is aiming more to western audiences, look at the previous MVs and you can tell right away, like Departure, its the band playing in a room literally the entire MV, these dont do so good with western audiences as it is not the "standard" for western bands to do.

Sadly, i have to agree with you. I did love the Video, Haruna looks cute! She really needs to pick up weight though, she's TOO skinny. 

This youtube comment sums up my thoughts perfectly.

I recall an interview done where Haruna (One of the guitarists and vocalist) specifically said, "We are a rock band, so we are not subject to the same rules that idol groups have." after an incident in the group AKB48 a few years ago. Fast forward a couple years and now we have SCANDAL releasing this, a pop song with a MV that could well be that of a generic idol group. I don't mind them trying new styles but this is not the SCANDAL I love and I probably won't be purchasing the upcoming single. Instead, I will be listening to their old songs, specifically Shunkan Sentimental, specifically right now 21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 628112

Don't get me wrong, i love scandal, and i always will, but this is not the style scandal i grew up to love, and it doesn't suit them. Their old songs from 2009-2012 days used to be so good, and catchy, i would keep listening to them over and over again. I have been disappointed in their recent work for quiet a while now, and i haven't been enjoying their new releases. But i hope that  one day they revert back to their old 2012-2011 rock style, because that's the scandal i grew up to love. Hopefully in their next album, they go back to their roots.

Bands change with time, they get better at their instruments and they let their imagination fly, SCANDAL has been using other people's music and lyrics for a long time before they started making their own, from now on if the band is going to create their own songs from scratch you will start seeing their influences a lot more, we'll start hearing a lot more Red hot chili peppers bass style from tomo, Foo fighters riffs from mami, etc etc. 

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
Yes this video is different, not so good. I`m a little disappointed. And the fact that they don`t use instruments is a surprise (not a good one). When i watch this video i don`t feel the same as when i watch the other SCANDAL`s videos, this is just an ordinary video.  I just hope that "Flashback No.5" will be better.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
flyingwill wrote:Are we really going to debate all over again about how their recent output isn't supposed to be rock anymore, when it is so obviously not the case? Like Hello World would be poppier than Baby Action?

And no, "Stamp!" is not a pop song, and they have done plenty of poppier songs in their career, including in their early days. It's just absolutely impossible to pinpoint one specific era for being rockier or poppier than another. Of course it's up to anyone to not enjoy some recent songs as much as some others, but saying that they have given up their rock roots (whatever that means) is simply false.

Just because they don't play their instruments in the video and instead simply act as if they're having a good time doesn't mean that they are becoming a generic idol group. If you know Scandal, you know that every new single is pretty much never a solid indication of what they will do next. Shall I remind that Mami, who wrote "Stamp!", said that she was into bands like Foo Fighters and Green Day? Two bands known for their pop sound, for sure! (Sorry for the unnecessary sarcasm.)

Welp you already said it dont have to do it now. But i dont think anyone mentionned poppier sound. They say different sound and I think its kinda true SCANDAL sound different a bit atleast even tho I like pretty much all the song as much, for me they are still the same SCANDAL as they've always been. But I can agree they can sound different to some people and they can just not like that different sound.

The only thing I don't like is people just hating on things. It sound different and you dont like it? Fine. But its still the same SCANDAL as before and its still good atleast for me it is even if its different. Seeing people just not liking everything they do recently just make me sad for them Sad From Yoake to now the only thing people agreed was good was Onegai Navigation other than that.... people didnt like Yoake, people didn't like Hello World (other than it being written by the girls, half of the song people seem to not like in the album espacially Oyasumi and Winter Story  (Which to me were good song Sad ) after  that the scandal people made of the logo change... and now Stamp is ''too americanized'' or ''too simple'' or whatever people say about it. Just sad Sad 

Cuz I personally really liked all of those (maybe not the logo its not really amazing but I can accept it)

Anyway, I really liked the song from the first time I heard it (on the day we had the preview I had played it on repeat all day and the 2-3 day days after) And they look really cute in the MV. Even tho sometime they do seem to not know what to do xD Just make it even more cute.

Also Jikan out of there comfort zone? Sure they never did that before. But other than Mami that often look like ''When is this ending?'' bored look they look like they had a lot of fun doing it and i think thats the most important in it. And that hastily filmed I think this part intentionnally look like that...

Oh i remember reading some saying they all had a little something other than Tomo in this, well Tomo got a cookie Hehee lol

Oh and one last thing those people that worry about Haru being too skinny I dont think its a problem. Some people are just like this. My sister is like 39Kg/157CM which is under weighted but no matter what she does she doesnt take weight and even the doctor say its fine as long as you eat well Happy So i dont think we have to worry about this.

Anyway all I really wanted to say is I really like the song and the MV Happy Im not posting often and this is why... Only wanted to say that and ended with this long post... and people dont like long post Sad

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:04 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Gintoki wrote:Sadly, i have to agree with you. I did love the Video, Haruna looks cute! She really needs to pick up weight though, she's TOO skinny.

can we not body shame anyone? she's not too skinny, that's how her body is from quite a lot of time. she actually has muscle, she works out etc, she's fit for her body type. if she's skinny then what about the other girls? (especially rina)

the song is generic, we can all agree with it and not everyone can enjoy it, it's ok. it's hard to enjoy 100% of what a band does even more when we are talking about a band who recently started to be in full control of their music and constantly trying something new :\

let's not make a fuss over people not enjoying a single release please

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I did say its ok and normal to not like for some ^^

I'll just say personally, if I read some of the comment said in the same way about my work it could actually hurt me. Like its just not nicely said at all. Its not cuz you dont like that you have to point out every little thing you dont like as the worst thing ever.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:18 pm

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
If you claim this is more of a pop song than 'typical' Scandal you're simply ignorant. This is classic rock, if the song has a problem it's that it's too classically by the numbers rock n roll. But when I hear it in full now it sounds a lot funkier and fresher than what I thought about the preview. It's not their best single ever, but it 's a nice old skool throwback after some modern sounding rock in their latest singles.  

Also "MV like a generic idol group" - maaan. It's a casual, simple MV without pretentions. What it has to do with idols I don't know, but if you want EVERY SINGLE MV to look the same - them playing the song on instruments, then you want a strict formulaic monotony I can't subscribe to.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:23 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
I like the video actually, the video alone Hehee and besides, evolution of music is not suitable for them. remember in their earlier times when they rock and we're like "hey! this is a good band to follow!" then we came to this like "hey what happened to their music?"

So here, music is evolving too, but the thing is, Who are they for us? What do we love from them? Can we call ourselves a fan?

to make this one balance, lets respect other's opinion, we have a lot of differences when it comes to music so I understand that, even myself kinda "no" to this single, the video makes it appealing tho.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANDAL is still a rapidly evolving band, especially since they are really starting to write their own songs. I think it's time for some to come to terms with that fact and stop complaining, how it doesn't sound like "old SCANDAL", every time a new single they don't like as much is out. But on the flipside not everyone can like the same thing so we don't need to attack each other every time this happens.

In regards to the PV, I like it, it's different. I don't really see what's so bad about it. They don't need to play their instruments in every music video. I don't get an idol vibe from it at all either.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:35 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
So I just watched the MV and I gotta say that even though the song sounds kinda generic to me, it somehow sounds lively and matching with the atmosphere of the MV. I liked how the MV is made - fitting to the summer theme with them just casually enjoying the summer mood and with a natural feel to it; not basically exaggerating, just being themselves, which is why they kinda seem awkward xDD but I like it though cos it's like seeing what these girls really are off stage, and Haruna obviously the one leading is so good at expressing herself ~~~~
aaaaahhhhh she's so lovely here *^*

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:37 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Reachie wrote:SCANDAL is still a rapidly evolving band, especially since they are really starting to write their own songs. I think it's time for some to come to terms with that fact and stop complaining, how it doesn't sound like "old SCANDAL", every time a new single they don't like as much is out. But on the flipside not everyone can like the same thing so we don't need to attack each other every time this happens.

In regards to the PV, I like it, it's different. I don't really see what's so bad about it. They don't need to play their instruments in every music video. I don't get an idol vibe from it at all either.

True, the video is kinda surprising since they were not playing instruments but still it's cute. 

my only concern here is the scratchy sound added to the audio, not as cool as others doing it. ^^

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:57 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I have to say that I'm surprised by people that think this video is generic and then comment that they're disappointed that the band isn't playing their instruments in the video...you mean, like almost every other video they've done? Honestly, I think just another video of them standing around playing their instruments would be too generic. I like the fact that they've done something different from what they've done in the past. We already know they can play their instruments; do we really need another video that demonstrates that? (The only PVs I can think of prior to now that didn't feature the band standing around playing their instruments are Cute and Scandal in the House, though I'm sure one or two others slipped my mind.)

As for this song being "pop"...I'm just not hearing it. To me, the song is very reminiscent of late 1990's alternative songs by Weezer, Blink 182, and Sugar Ray.

And to the guy that thinks this is like idol music. Yeah...that's just perplexing to me. I neither see nor hear anything about this song or video that is even remotely idol-music like with the possible exception that the band isn't playing their instruments. The singing isn't in squeaky voice, there is no choreographed group dancing, the girls are wearing neither uniforms nor bikinis, nor are any of them making cutsey faces at the camera whenever there's a close up.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry forgot to mention, i don't think they are turning into an idol group, or instruments are needed in every music video. Just that their music STYLE is not how they used to be, and is more pop-ish, and how it doesn't that same rock feel to it.
Shanipika wrote:
The only thing I don't like is people just hating on things. It sound different and you dont like it? Fine. But its still the same SCANDAL as before and its still good atleast for me it is even if its different. Seeing people just not liking everything they do recently just make me sad for them Sad From Yoake to now the only thing people agreed was good was Onegai Navigation other than that.... people didnt like Yoake, people didn't like Hello World (other than it being written by the girls, half of the song people seem to not like in the album espacially Oyasumi and Winter Story  (Which to me were good song Sad ) after  that the scandal people made of the logo change... and now Stamp is ''too americanized'' or ''too simple'' or whatever people say about it. Just sad Sad 

Cuz I personally really liked all of those (maybe not the logo its not really amazing but I can accept it)

Really? Other people are also not liking their recent stuff? I thought i was the only one.....

ryoseki kun wrote:I like the video actually, the video alone Hehee and besides, evolution of music is not suitable for them. remember in their earlier times when they rock and we're like "hey! this is a good band to follow!" then we came to this like "hey what happened to their music?"

So here, music is evolving too, but the thing is, Who are they for us? What do we love from them? Can we call ourselves a fan?

to make this one balance, lets respect other's opinion, we have a lot of differences when it comes to music so I understand that, even myself kinda "no" to this single, the video makes it appealing tho.

Exactly this! Especially the bold part! Am i just just supposed to say to myself, hey its scandal, and if their music is changing/evolving, so i gotta force myself to like it and deal with it? That's not how things work.
I will always love Scandal, because of their previous past work.  While they are evolving, they should still produce music similar to their old style, so they can keep the old fans happy, and can still try out new things. That way everyone wins.

So far, this is the nicest reply i had on this thread. I knew i was gonna criticized for not liking scandal's recent work, and be called words like ignorant, which is expected since you guys are fans after all, but i had to let my current feelings toward scandal out, and how i miss their old style.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
As a fan for almost 8 years now, I will say the function of their singles and PVs are to get more airplay and intend to attract new fans. According to those who know about music business in Japan that Scandal is still not very well know, so it is easy to understand why their single are mostly pop music fans friendly.
We long term fans who buy their albums must know where the candies are. Most of their album tracks are still rock numbers and they are proud to play them live. They even turn some of their single's song live hard rocking. Over Drive as an example, check out Haruna's guitar wall of sound when she play it live.
It's better not to judge them only by their single release. Scandal is still a rock band to me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:58 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Glad everyone (kinda?) sorted it out in the end, respecting each other's perspective about the music vid and the song.

I re-watched the PV. Earlier, I was too excited seeing them again after being silent on SNS. I was too caught up. Anyways, when I first saw the PV I already knew that there's many shots mainly of Haruna. And watching it again, I tried to think about the PV with a different perspective- like if I just discovered them by this song-- it's kind of misleading (in a way)

When I first saw MVs of some other western bands, I only recognise the member that I like the most (for example, the vocalist has a great voice and the other members are just meh or just fine). It's only the vocalist's name that I know and the other members, I only recognise by face (like "Oh, this long haired dude is the guitarist, the one with the mohawk is the drummer, the bald is the bassist etc.") and it just went on like that for me, because I just like their song but not to the point that i'd only listen to them for a day or so.
(If this is really aiming for the international fans) I'm afraid some people would be like this towards the band. I'm afraid that the new people who will like this song of SCANDAL will only recognise Haruna (cos she's obviously the vocalist) and they won't have any idea what the other 3 members are. Like they know they're in a band but what instrument?
In the past MVs I feel like you could recognise SCANDAL as a band because she's not the only one shown singing (I mean there are Tomo parts, Haru/Mami parts, Tomo/Mami parts) and you see who plays what instrument etc.

I feel like this MV is great for those who already knows them, but not so much for those who just find them...But i'm sure there'll be some who will like it enough to search who the members are, what are they in the band.
I hope you got my drift. This is just what my perspective is, if I had just found them and grew not too fond about it as much as I am at the moment ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:59 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hmmm, I skipped some comment a bit, wall of text scared me a little Wink
So I will share only my opinion, not dive into some hot exchange Wink
Stamp as a song? Not the best one in the shop, but... I can find few that I will like less. Popish? A little, but not so overboard, can live with it. MV? I do not know if it is good or bad - but it suits the song, so no qualms here from me.
Yes, I would love to hear more rockish songs from Scandal. Some borderline Heavy Rock / Melodic Metal would be surrealistic but wonderful Wink Earlier Scandal songs were supplemented by other artists, only approved by band / record company, mostly in music parts. Girls now try do define themselves - as they started to write not only text but also music for their songs. So let them evolve - they are not our properties, they are people Tongue If we do not like their new songs - it is more our problem than bands one. Musicians do not exist only for audience - they write songs as THEY see fit to. Let them make their choices. I think that record company bind them enough - why should we do the same?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:08 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
So as I read other's opinions, it seems like Scandal loses some, gaining some. I mean if you are a no to this single, and their recent works, you can say that you are a less fan now, while others who like this more than their earlier works becomes a more fan than us* (not necessarily tho Hehee ).

Here, if they aim to be more on audience to the western countries, how about us here in the east who expecting them to produce more eastern friendly songs? (again, not necessarily like pop/idol one)

So for us to know what will be their future, lets try to see first what kind of results they are going to have with this single, since its not so long from the release date.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:32 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Well, now that SCANDAL declared that they're going for a 'new' SCANDAL, we can expect that the future releases would be.. the majority of which are going to be self-produced, so keep in mind that the girls are now the ones in charge of the production of the songs compared to when they first started: when they have other composers do the songs for them; fundamentally speaking, it's to that time of SCANDAL that some of you want them to be, and I'm not so sure if you guys are gonna like this change because it's the girls themselves who are doing the songs, and it's clear they are still experimenting things, now, that they are basically free to do what they want to do and of course, for experience.
And also, if you wanna judge if they're worthy of following at this point, I suggest re-checking their old songs with their names on the music credits to see whether they are untalented musicians with low knowledge on doing music compositions or not.

Last edited by hapihapi on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : elaborated a bit to make my point clearer)

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:34 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I think my previous message was clear that I'll never blame anyone who doesn't like any of their songs, old or new, it's all subjective and very personal. I just wanted to point out that trying to say that they are 'less rock' or 'more pop' than before shows a lack of perspective on their whole career. As several others mentioned, they are at a very important step of their career right now and it's only normal that it shows into the way their music evolves.

What I do have a problem with however, is hearing that Scandal "should" do this or be like that. Scandal should do whatever the hell they want. They worked really hard to get where they are now and to gain a little more control on their music as they evolved as a band, so it's only a given that they should be able to express what they truly feel, no matter what fans might think. I see too often that mindset, where fans believe that artists owe them something because they support their music, but that's not how art is supposed to work. When you try to please everyone, old and new fans, rock and pop fans, Japanese and Western people, you end up forgetting what you really want to be and to do deep down inside.

For now I'm happy that I'm enjoying what they are doing, but if one day they take a direction that doesn't suit me, I surely hope I won't blame them for doing what they like, especially now that we know it's all coming from themselves.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:43 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
And I hope the girls will stick to the rock side and that pop won't heavily influenced them. There exist a lot of it now, it gets tiring lol
---
Funnily enough, the song is growing on me thanks to the MV ahahahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:50 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
They should rock, if not, they will POP-out Hehee JK

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

flyingwill wrote:What I do have a problem with however, is hearing that Scandal "should" do this or be like that. Scandal should do whatever the hell they want. 

THIS so much!!!
It always bugs me when people act like the band owns them something or should be obligated to do what fans want. 
They are artists and have a right to express themselves as they want, especially after several times mentioned they are heavily in control of their music now.
If you think about, they are more SCANDAL now then they were back then in a way since most new songs are actually from SCANDAL and have not been composed by someone else. 

I'm proud to have been able to watch the girls grow and learn and now being able to see the results of their hard work.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Before we move further with the discussion about Stamp!, let's set some ground rules and some basic guidelines.

SCANDAL will do what SCANDAL wants to do. Keep in mind that the band will take the direction that they want to take. If you as a fan do not enjoy the newer music SCANDAL is producing or are against what the band's choices are, it hurts me to say it but nobody is forcing you to be a fan. There are so many bands that I've liked throughout my life that have changed paths and I no longer liked their newer stuff (Green Day, Weezer, etc) therefore I no longer follow them closely and simply lose interest. We would love for everyone to love SCANDAL forever but different people have different tastes and it is impossible to satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time.

If you feel so strongly about their new music that you plan on not purchasing the newer stuff, even though I understand how you feel and can respect your opinion, please do not share that kind of information in the forum. It can have a negative impact on the forum itself and on the users.

Edit: Here is an announcement regarding this decision, it is not something we are enforcing and my ruling was used only as an emergency measure, you are free to express your desire not to purchase merch if you want to.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t11979-regarding-recent-member-s-discussions#718484

Last edited by Noodles on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
But what about songs like Rainy, Onenavi, Graduation, Image, Runners High, Your song, , most of Standard.. some of those songs might not be heavy rock but there rock in general..to me Scandal has produced the most rock songs from the past couple years (2013 and onwards), than 2010-11, there actually isn't that many pop songs recently released last year but probs 4 and thats it.

Stamp! to me is rock, but not the rock we used to from Scandal, but don't worry Scandal are excellent writers and composers, most of my favs are from there self made ones, next song they'll make will probs be really cool..lets keep faith in them. 

One thing about the pv is that I wish they would interact with the Guam citizens, not necessarily talk to them, but maybe dance, drink with them, like something in Taiyou Scandalous and Dobondo no theme pv. That way they wont seem so awkward by themselves with no instruments, and they will have at least something to do. I thought the part with them in the apartment room could have been better with more people, so it seems like a real party than a forced one with just the four of them and decorations. .ehem.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
Noodles wrote:If you feel so strongly about their new music that you plan on not purchasing the newer stuff, even though I understand how you feel and can respect your opinion, please do not share that kind of information in the forum. It can have a negative impact on the forum itself and on the users.

Excuse me?! Are you saying one shouldn't say "I don't like this song/whatever, I'm not buying this single/whatever" here?
As much as I understand and approve a no-bashing rule, I just couldn't accept a "you shall write only positive things toward SCANDAL" rule. By the way, I just checked the forum rules and I can't find such statement anywhere. And I don't get how one saying he doesn't like a song/is not going to buy a single or album could have a "negative impact" on the forum or the users.
I'm flabbergasted.
Sorry for the offtopic and please let me know if this is actually a forum rule.

Anyway. Haters gonna hate and lovers gonna love. I'm far from fond of this song and even less of the MV but I'm still buying the single because I love SCANDAL and want to support the band.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 9 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.