Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:43 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I just heard Flashback No. 5, and all i can say is PERFECT.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 am

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ono Sasazaki wrote:Flashback No.5 is sounding goooood~
That intro!;O

I had imagined Flashback No.5 to sound like this.
Can't wait for the full version!

Also, I also hear Haru saying the "f" word in the beginning lol
Idk if she really is, but I wouldn't mind it Tongue
I love when they swear in English in their songs. It's so cute .smile.

I think she is saying "Flashback" with echo, not the "f" word. :D

And I love Flashback No.5 very much!  I think it will be one of my favorites song from SCANDAL!

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:02 am

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Joshua10red wrote:I just heard Flashback No. 5, and all i can say is PERFECT. 
(what anime is that in your sig? )

@topic: I still think Stamp is better Happy but Flashback No.5 is so cool Happy

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm very surprised. This song gives me the old scandal feel. This is my kind of music, not stamp, not 'your song', but THIS! Song like this should have been main song of this album, and stamp as B side.

I'm really happy Scandal managed to surprise me. Scandal please keep continuing to produce music like this song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
Finally heard Flashback n°5 preview too. I like it much more than Stamp! at first listening. I only hope we'll get to hear more Timo ;þ

--
@yuuya01: it's 「俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない」(Ore no imōto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai)

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Athrunjess

Athrunjess

Caless Student
Caless Student
the intro to flashback no.5 just blew me away. 

i seriously have no words to describe my thoughts/feeling after listening to it

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 Athrun11
cr: TreacherousChevalier
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:26 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've only listened to Flashback No.5 once, but I like it! The intro gave me chills, which is always a good sign for a new song. It definitely has a more traditional J-rock sound.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:27 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This is probably silly to say, but every time I watch the Stamp video, I'm so struck by how great Haruna looks. Seriously; if you haven't done so yet, pause the Stamp video on youtube at about 4:20-4:21.

Totally "wow."

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:59 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
saldiven wrote:This is probably silly to say, but every time I watch the Stamp video, I'm so struck by how great Haruna looks. Seriously; if you haven't done so yet, pause the Stamp video on youtube at about 4:20-4:21.

Totally "wow."
Agreed, Haruna and the girls look amazing in the Stamp video! Though, Haruna was just...as a fellow Tomomi fan, I was speechless to how great Haruna looked.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Release is seven days away, .clap. 
it sounds so close but seems so far. .omg. hopefully we get the full version of Flashback no.5 before then.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:17 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really... REALLY like flashback no 5...

I'm not too sure why they didn't make this the title track if they're trying to appeal more to a western audience. It's a solid song imo

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:24 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Uldred wrote:I really... REALLY like flashback no 5...

I'm not too sure why they didn't make this the title track if they're trying to appeal more to a western audience. It's a solid song imo
I think they weren't trying to appeal to western audience to begin with, they (mostly Mami) wanted to make a song that displays the feeling of the World tour;hinting the western California vibe. And to also just make a song with a different sound then their usual stuff, I mean, they would like it if western audiences like the song too, but that wasn't their full intention.

But I do agree that Flashback seems to be a pretty solid track, but i feel i can't say anything else about it until the full version.  .uhuh. maybe it should have been the title track to another single or they wanted this single to have the (like someone said before) 24 jikan/RAINY syndrome. Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:02 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Uldred wrote:I'm not too sure why they didn't make this the title track if they're trying to appeal more to a western audience. It's a solid song imo

I don't think they're trying to appeal to a western audience. They're trying to sound exotic and different to their home fans.

Flashback No. 5 is more "traditional" Scandal, which is what we want overseas because *that's* what's different to us from all the other bands we know. To their Japanese fans, it's the same old same old at this point. But they know that some of their fans still want that, so they make it the B-side.

I don't think any of this single is intended for overseas fans. But it's not surprising to me that Flashback No. 5 would be more popular overseas than Stamp!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
SCANDAL had a live at Skyrocket Company (radio) where Flashback No.5 was played, but unfortunately the host started talking on the second half of the song so it was really hard to hear the song completely, and actually i didn't notice any guitar solos from MAMI o.o I hope i'm wrong and the song has a solo by MAMI, i really do hope for that o.o

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:28 pm

danlexia

danlexia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalinthehouse.tumblr.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here it is:

Around 13:30

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 Sca_he10

5.20 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City 4.27 / 4.28 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Orix Theater, Osaka 5.11 / 5.12 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo 9.14 SCANDAL US & MEXICO TOUR 2018「SPECIAL THANKS」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- YOYO Palais de Tokyo, Paris TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- O2 Academy Islington, London
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Whoa, I had a feeling they were gonna play the full song on this program. .happy.
And yeah, I think there was a guitar solo in there, if you listen closely the guitar start to change chords.

The song still sounds cool, but I'm not gonna lie, the chorus is kinda......dancey pop..to me, especially with the lack of instruments and the overuse of syncs.  The verses are still cool tho.

Tho I still can't wait to hear the full clear version..y'know..with no talking during it. .knuckles.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:57 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think "no.5" in the title is just a random thing that Mami did. I do remember Mami mentioning somewhere that her favorite no. is 5. :p just what I think..

I also heard the guitar solo, it's like Shunkan's (If I heard it right), I mean it's just combinations of octaves rather than playing the note-by-note scales.
I just realized how repetitive the lyrics were. Nonetheless, i'm still attrcted to the song. I can't wait to hear the high quality ver. of it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Now we can hear 45 sec. of each song here

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:14 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer

I presume this is the full version?

Anyway, I do feel that this song is more of a crowd pumper and more worthy of being a A-side track and Stamp! could have been the chill B-side. But anyway it is fine as it is. I look forward to this Thursday when the single shall be released.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:47 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
After listening to a more clearer version of Flashback No. 5... somehow I remembered when I first listened to the band back in 2009. Yeah, the song reminds me of Bleach.

But somehow, I still prefer Stamp more because it's the kind of song that I listen to when I was a kid. Funny thing is, both songs has that nostalgic feeling. A great combination for a single release

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:27 pm

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
yup Still prefer Stamp :3

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 15 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The No. 5 is actually easily explained.
5-4=1
the single introduces two new songs.
2+1=3

those of you who are into games should know that the number 3 is something pretty special for a certain company.
Spoiler:

On the songs lyrics:
Is it some really close japanese word or is it really the F-word at 0:28?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:21 pm

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
Scandalsuki wrote:The No. 5 is actually easily explained.
5-4=1
the single introduces two new songs.
2+1=3

those of you who are into games should know that the number 3 is something pretty special for a certain company.
Spoiler:
You made it too complicated.

No.5 is the second song on the single
5-2=3.

Done.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Haru's guitar is non existent in this song.

Glad to finally hear the sorta kinda full version, and the song is.....alright IMO
The only thing that irk my nerves is the instruments are put in the back burner during the song. Like Kagen no tsuki and Over Drive, besides the instrumental part and the verses, the rest of the song ESPECIALLY the chorus, the instruments get buried under all these syncs and thweeks.  Its like there not even there, thats why the live version is more promising to see because its guitars are loud there. 

overall not a bad song, i do like how its energetic than it partner, but like its partner Haru takes the lead in vocals, that's a first. Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:31 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Star~world96®️
I will second Your previous motion - that this single is meant for domestic, Japanese audience - and we most likely perceive it backward Wink - for them indeed Stamp! can be new and fresh/exotic, and Flashback - same old, same old (but we like the "same old", huh? Wink)
As for me - both songs are not bad up to even good and make me want to hear more of girls own work. And of course it makes me even more curious for their evolution. So fingers crossed and wishes made I slump back into shadows Wink

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.