Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Presenting the merits of Nagoya to HARUNA and MAMI! Is Nagoya too humble!?

Episode #141 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 WKsojOo

HARUNA: We're doing a feature on Nagoya...??

RINA: Yeah, we are.

TOMOMI: That's right. We will tell MAMI and HARUNA, who are from the Nagoya area, about the wonders of Nagoya: "Living in Nagoya city"!!

RINA: There it isー!

HARUNA: What is this...

TOMOMI: When Nagoya comes up in conversation and things like, "Nagoya is the best!" or "Nagoya is a nice placeー!", the two of you are like, "Well, I do like it" or "Nah..."

HARUNA: I mean, we do love it.

MAMI: We do love Nagoya.

RINA: Yeah, we understand that.

TOMOMI: But you guys go, "Nah..."

RINA: It was like that the other day.

TOMOMI: This exchange happens over and over again.

RINA: Yeah, it does.

TOMOMI: So, we'll be conveying the wonders of Nagoya.

HARUNA: That means that you two will be telling us, right?

TOMOMI: Yes, it's a special about Nagoya.

MAMI: That's great for everyone from Nagoyaー!

HARUNA: Well...thank you.

TOMOMI: First, we'll be covering the basics. Nagoya Castle! The castle was built by Tokugawa Ieyasu as the last step to unify the whole country.

MAMI: That's right. I'm aware of that.

TOMOMI: There are also the Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology! Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium! Nagoya City Science Museum, with the world's largest planetarium! Legoland Japan! And most recently, Ghibli Park!

MAMI: The Science Museum is where you go to on field trips.

HARUNA: It's a lot of fun.

TOMOMI: (*A bit surprised at how fired up they are) ...ah, that's right.

HARUNA: Like we said, we love Nagoya!

TOMOMI: What's the best thing about the museum?

HARUNA: ...not sure. I don't know that.

MAMI: ...I also don't know.

TOMOMI: Our listeners are worried; we've received emails about it.

MAMI: But we love Nagoya.

Harurhythm

During a recent episode, HARU and MAMI said that they love their hometown of Nagoya but don't want to live there. I actually really want to live there (I've never lived outside of Kanagawa Prefecture).

I'm planning to move to Nagoya next year. When I talk to my friends from the Aichi region, they all say that there's nothing in Nagoya. I've been to many places for concerts and events, and there are many tourist spots that I like, but the first place that's ever wanted to make me live somewhere is Nagoya. It's thanks to HARU that I've come to like Nagoya so much. I love listening to HARU and MAMI talk passionately about Nagoya as well as diss it on radio programs and the like.

TOMOMI: It seems it's thanks to HARU??

MAMI: I wonder what made them want to live in Nagoya...

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 141

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 FtMt9nk
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 ZCAscS2

•The episode starts with this. HARU wonders where in Nagoya the listener wants to live. TOMO asks if there's an area that she'd recommend living in. HARU says she doesn't know, which makes TOMO laugh.

•Gotta be honest, this episode was honestly not very interesting. They talked about so many things mostly related to Nagoya that aren't really important/interesting, that I don't even know what I could pick up to translate...so I am not going to translate any of it. Apologies haha

•Though I will translate this: At the end, TOMO asks if HARU and MAMI would like to live in Nagoya. There's a pause before they both go, "...that's okay." TOMO, RINA, and their staff laugh hard at this. RINA says that it's sad how they said that as their answer. TOMO says that this segment was probably pointless. MAMI quickly says no, and thanks them for trying to inform them about Nagoya.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 WvLQhcz

*A list of all episode summaries can be found here

#front-page #catchup

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

How do you say "I love you" in words other than "The moon is beautiful"...?

Episode #142 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 GFDD5Eg

HARUNA: This time, we're going to focus solely on reading messages.

TOMOMI: Yayー

Yuna

On the 24th of next month, on Christmas Eve, I will be getting married to the guy I've been dating thanks to SCANDAL! We'll be going to BEST Xmas that night!

All: Congrats!

RINA: Nice!

HARUNA: Happy to hear thatー

TOMOMI: I'm really happy!

HARUNA: Let's make it a great night.

Yurina

Regarding what was mentioned the other day about how to tell someone you love them without outright saying it: I put a lot of thought into it as a married person, so I'll be reporting about it here.

It happened one day. A message before my husband came home from work: "There's a dessert that looks like something you'd like, so I'll buy it for you."

"This...is what it is...! To love...! He's telling me he loves me...! !" is what I thought haha. I don't usually notice it that my daily life had been overflowing with love. Thank you for noticing such a wonderful thing.

TOMOMI: This really is "love."

RINA: Yeah, I get it.

MAMI: What they're always thinking about is "love."

TOMOMI: Heading to the cashier while thinking about the other person...

HARUNA: It's "love."

RINA: They're connected.

TOMOMI: It's great how these are all happy messages.

RINA: Lots of warm messages.

Yumu Yumu

In episode 140, I heard the topic of conveying love without using the words "I love you." I suddenly remembered the words my girlfriend said to me and felt love from, so I'm sending a message about it!

I have a girlfriend I've been dating for 3 months! About a month ago when we were out driving, she suddenly said, "Don't die before me, okay?" I was surprised at that time but thought that was cute, and I replied, "I'll live a long life!"

I happened to get a phone call from her right after listening to Catch up, so I told her about this time and the love I felt!

MAMI: Nice!

HARUNA: There are many ways to convey love.

RINA: It's a word that comes out naturally because you want to be with that person forever.

TOMOMI: Are you unsure about whether to die before or after your partner?

HARUNA: Yeah, I'm unsure.

RINA: I get it.

MAMI: Eh? eh? Unsure!?

TOMOMI: Wondering which way to go.

RINA: If you had a choice, which one should you choose?

TOMOMI: You'd feel like you want to keep going, but you could also feel like you might be able to endure it.

HARUNA: I might want to keep going...

TOMOMI: Both are forms of "love."

RINA: There's also the pain of being left alone.

TOMOMI: Which one should you choose?

MAMI: Eh, is that something you can choose??

HARUNA: But wouldn't it change with age?

MAMI: It depends on your health at that time.

RINA: Realistically, there are various things to consider.

MAMI: Let's get to the next message. This is another way of saying "I love you."

Touch!

(*Another way of saying "I love you" expressed by novelist Soseki Natsume) "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

You can eat the edge of the tonkatsu!

RINA: Eh, shouldn't it be from the middle?

MAMI: It says the edge.

RINA: Why the edge??

TOMOMI: There's no denying the theory that the edges are delicious.

RINA: Ah, true.

HARUNA: Doesn't Touch! always send messages about fried foods?

TOMOMI: True - they did send a message saying they didn't know the difference between a croquette and a mince cutlet!

RINA: Do they like fried foods?

MAMI: Is their parents' house a bento shop or something??

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Did they tease a new song in episode 143? What's that bit before "Ai No Shoutai"?

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hogradish wrote:Did they tease a new song in episode 143? What's that bit before "Ai No Shoutai"?

They didn't say anything about it, but they've never teased a new song in this non-direct, nonchalant way, so I doubt it's an actual new song of theirs. It's more likely to be royalty-free music; tracks like those have been occasionally added in before in past episodes.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 142

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 OH8L6CO
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 Xfni3pg

•The episode starts with this. MAMI continues with her "listener's parents' house is a bento shop" theory. She says that perhaps they cut off and discarded the edges of tonkatsu, so perhaps for the listener the edges are like a delicacy. So to give those to someone else would be a really big thing. HARU also wonders if they start eating from the edges or from the middle. MAMI says that that's pretty much a question that would be asked during their "Smental" segment, which the others laugh at and then agree to do it. They all answer "eat from the edges" at the same time. They all go, "Ohh!" and clap while laughing. TOMO says that this is the first time they've all matched in the first round. HARU says that she saw this question being asked on TV, and that a large number of people answered "eat from the middle." RINA says that it sounds like those people want to start eating from the best parts. TOMO says that if you start eating from the middle, then you'll finish eating with the edges. She also talks about how she found a favorite fried foods shop recently that is run by an elderly couple in their 80s. Their food is so good that she was crying as she ate it alone. She says that she'd love to bring the band there some time. MAMI then talks about a good fried foods shop in Sendai that sells food that's crispy on the outside and melty on the inside.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who broke up with their girlfriend. They dated for about two months but they spent a lot of time together, so it feels like there's a hole in their heart. They say they can't sleep because they can't understand why they broke up. They say that when the ex considered marriage with the listener, the ex gradually felt like they were more friends than a romantic partners, and also started disliking their physical touch. The listener says that they thought it'd be nice if they could stay as friends and ask the band how they could make it feel special (? lol). The band says that it sounds that maybe the ex wanted someone who could always make them feel nervous/excited, but as she gets older, a time may come when she thinks a friendship-like relationship might be more suitable for marriage. A few years from now, a day may come when she thinks that maybe their relationship was the best one she's had. They don't really seem to offer much advice for what the listener is asking for, but they do say to cheer up.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener whose message about what the band's top 3 oden ingredients were read in episode 140. They say they're sending this message in immediately after hearing their message read. They say they were kind of surprised hearing that TOMO likes potatoes and HARU likes wieners (non-traditional oden ingredients), and thought, "Eh, did this conversation suddenly turn into one about pot-au-feu in the middle?", which makes the band laugh. The listener says they asked their boyfriend who lives in the Kanto region (where Tokyo is) and he confirmed that those are oden ingredients there, which surprised the listener. HARU wonders where the listener lives. A staffer says that they live in Mie Prefecture, which is next to Nagoya. HARU and MAMI say that think they sell those ingredients in oden there, though. TOMO wonders if those are Kanto-exclusive ingredients. So the band wonders if they're not a thing in the Kansai region where Mie is. TOMO says that her family's oden never contained wieners. HARU and MAMI say the same goes for them. TOMO again wonders if it's just a Kanto thing, but HARU reminds her that other places/regions do sell them in convenience stores.

•MAMI then says that she's going to mention something that relates to Nagoya, which makes the others laugh (RINA: "You do love it"). She says that home oden there is usually made with miso, meaning that ones offered at convenience stores are more modern/new (meaning they don't contain miso). RINA says that when she and MAMI bought oden from a convenience store in Osaka back when the band first started, MAMI asked if it came with miso (they didn't). MAMI says she was surprised they didn't and thought that miso was something that was always included. RINA says that she hadn't ever bought convenience store oden at that point since she was still a middle schooler at that time and didn't realize that what MAMI asked was a little strange. A staffer then interrupts to ask an 'important' question: Are wieners not found in Kansai oden? TOMO says that her family has never included it. RINA says that maybe it's something added if there are little kids. The staffer then talks a little more about potatoes/wieners when it comes to different areas, but it's really hard to hear. The band also talks a little more about oden stuff that isn't all that interesting lol but they do end it saying that they want to eat oden now.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

RINA and TOMOMI's Kansai dialects is a mixture of various "created dialects"? Exploring the differences between their Kansai dialects!

Episode #143 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 R3PjYBP

HARUNA: This time, for our popular segment "Kyoukai-sen Kyokai" (Fine Line Association), we will deliver the "Kansai Dialect Emergency Regular Meeting."

RINA: Another one about dialects...?

MAMI: Well, we do like dialects.

TOMOMI: We also did do an episode about Nagoya.

HARUNA: This time, a staff member from Kanto has a simple question... They really want to know what the fine line is between TOMOMI's Kansai dialect and RINA's Kansai dialect.

RINA: I see... but they wonder about it enough that they don't understand it?

(Staff: To be honest, I only vaguely understand it...)

HARUNA: This is already a difficult problem - We're with each other so much that I don't know which is Kansai dialect anymore.

RINA: I know, I know. When it comes to work, it's no longer about what dialect we're speaking.

MAMI: That's right.

TOMOMI: Nagoya dialect is mixed in, too.

MAMI: It's already a "created dialect."

RINA: It's is.

HARUNA: It's like that for all of us.

RINA: I think we're still speaking naturally on "Catch up"...

HARUNA: Because it's only the four of us talking.

RINA: But on TV, etc...

MAMI: Interviews and such...

RINA: It's gotten so odd that I don't know what dialects or words belong to what.

HARUNA: You guys are just being careful, aren't you?

RINA: I am really careful.

TOMOMI: We use standard Japanese a lot now.

HARUNA: I think you've gotten better.

RINA: I think we're steadily improving.

TOMOMI: Yeah, we're aware of it.

MAMI: But we (*MAMI and HARUNA from Nagoya) don't use standard Japanese either.

HARUNA: Yeah, it's not like we're good role models for that.

RINA: I think the most advantageous thing is that Nagoyan words have endings that are close to what they are in standard Japanese.

TOMOMI: The intonations are also close.

RINA: Can you say "da ne" (だね)?? "Da ne" is the highest level, right??

MAMI: Eh, is that so?

HARUNA: Like, "That's right" (そうだよね; sou da yo ne)?

RINA: Ending sentences like "Sou da yo ne" are the most embarrassing for me!

TOMOMI: I can totally say those.

RINA: TOMOMI says it in our documentary film.

HARUNA: That's what you thought?

RINA: I really thought TOMOMI says it. But we're all speaking in a lot in standard Japanese.

HARUNA: You're jokingー!!

MAMI: That can't be true, right??

TOMOMI: It's kind of embarrassing to see the Kansai dialect used in Japanese subtitles...

RINA: …it doesn't have subtitles, right?

TOMOMI: It doesn't?

RINA: It doesn't.

HARUNA: It doesn't.

TOMOMI: Eh, was I imagining things??

RINA: Anyway, when you want to speak politely, use standard Japanese!

TOMOMI: In magazines especially, when I spoke with a Kansai dialect intonation, they'd write it make it sound super Kansai dialect-y, like, "Nantoka den ga na,"  even if I didn't say that... That happened in our the early days.

RINA: That did happen!

TOMOMI: But, after a lot of fixing, 16 years later... I can say "da yo" and "jan".

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 143

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 FX6KvbY
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 Nfd0rzc

•The episode starts with this. The band talks more about Kansai dialect and such for the first half of the episode, but it really does not translate well to English. So, unfortunately, this episode will also not be translated that well. Though the most important thing mention is that they say there's really no clear-cut fine line between the different offshoots of Kansai dialect.

•HARU reads a message from a listener who is sending in a message about Kansai dialect. They're also from the Kansai area and says that basic differences would be something like this: 何してる? (nani shiteru?; what are you doing?) would likely be 何してんの? (nani shiten no?) in Osaka, and 何しとんの? (nani shiton no?) in Kobe. And mentions a few other things about how they've now been in Tokyo for 10 years and asked friends from different areas what they think, and they agree that there are a bunch of differences depending on the area. TOMO says that it is weird to see Kansai dialect when it's written down. RINA says that it doesn't really have a "keigo" (formal/polite way of speaking) feeling to it.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener (from the Kansai area) basically says that all of their friends from the Kansai area speak a little differently from each other. The band then talks about more differences and such that don't translate well to English 😓

•They basically reiterate that there's no clear fine line between the Kansai dialects. HARU says that that's why the conversation about dialects is endless.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

A listener gives a presentation on the Chita Peninsula in Nagoya!! TOMOMI's last words on the topic were, "Why is that happening!?"

Episode #144 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 8q7FvEf

HARUNA: We'll be reading lots of messages on this episode.

TOMOMI: Yayー

Pinky

I am sending this message after listening to the Nagoya episode.

Please allow me to introduce the Chita Peninsula where I was born and raised.

First of all, I will explain it to TOMOMI and RINA, as they do not know where the Chita Peninsula is. Chita Peninsula is the peninsula on the west side of Aichi Prefecture. This is where Chubu Centrair International Airport is located.
It is a very nice place where it is easy to live in the moderate countryside with easy to access Nagoya.

The main location of Ebisenbei no Sato, which Haruna mentioned when talking about Kariya Highway Oasis, is also on the Chita Peninsula.

I also recommend Himakajima Island. They're known for octopus and blowfish, but I personally love Himakajima's seasoned seaweed.

You can see the dolphin show at Minamichita Beachland. It is a popular spot for elementary school field trips on the Chita Peninsula.

You can also swim in the ocean. To be honest, the water quality is not good, but the sandy beach is very smooth and feels nice. SCANDAL also came to play a concert here once about ten years ago. Do you remember that?

There are many other things, but I'll leave it at that. Sorry this was so long. Was I able to convey the appeal of the Chita Peninsula?

Though I don't know why I talked so much about it. I, like HARUNA and MAMI, love Aichi Prefecture, but I can't recommend it. So, of course I like Chita Peninsula, but I can't recommend it. Please do not expect too much when you visit.

TOMOMI: But they're recommending it!

RINA: That was such a great presentation!

TOMOMI: Why did you keep recommending so many things and then attack it with one sentence at the end!?

MAMI: Chita Peninsula is shaped like a UFO catcher's claw...

TOMOMI: It looks like a crab.

MAMI: Chita Peninsula is that "claw" on the left side of the prefecture.

TOMOMI: Ah-. Also, have we ever played a concert there? About 10 years ago?

HARUNA: When was that...!?

RINA: What kind of concert?

TOMOMI: I'll look into it... (*Takes out phone) "Chita Peninsula SCANDAL"

MAMI: Wouldn't it not appear by searching "Chita Peninsula"?

TOMOMI: ...I see.

MAMI: "Gamagori" is not on the Chita peninsula... Ah, Minamichita Beachland sounds very familiar. Ah, [the city of] Tokoname!?

HARUNA: Did we play in Tokoname?

MAMI: Are you doing it...

HARUNA: Maybe for the TREASURE05X festival. Is that in Gamagori...

TOMOMI: 10 years ago?

MAMI: Yeah...

RINA: Some kind of event? What was it...

TOMOMI: Chita Rock Festival! Maybe.

RINA: Chita Rock, huh.

HARUNA: Seems probable.

TOMOMI: Anyway, we've been there before.

RINA: I thought it was a nice place.

TOMOMI: Yeah, why did they write such a long piece about it!?

RINA: Do they have any thoughts on the Chita Peninsula? They do seem to... I mean, the sea is a good feature, since it's not found in Nara.

HARUNA: That's right.

TOMOMI: The dolphin show...

RINA: Yeah! Nice!

TOMOMI: You can see that kind of thing pretty much anywhere...

RINA: Ah, over there...

MAMI: Minamichita Beachland is quite famous. If Nagoya people go to the sea, they go there. When I was little... Oh, they're right: the sand is really smooth, but the seawater is...a bit...

HARUNA: Yeah.

MAMI: High school students younger than me... They're in Tokyo now, but they would say the same thing.

HARUNA: I think so.

MAMI: We're done with Nagoya...

TOMOMI: I wonder why.

RINA: It's like a curse...

HARUNA: That's why we like it.

MAMI: Yeah, we like it

HARUNA: After this topic came up on this program, there were a lot of presentations on Twitter. Stuff like, "I like this kind of place in Nagoya; it's wonderful." But we do love Nagoya! We just want you to know that!!

TOMOMI: That's where it gets complicated.

RINA: Very complicated. We'll continue to get stories like this for a long time...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 144

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 NFV2sEb
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 0C5yJIn

•The episode starts with this.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is from Nagoya and says that they, along with probably everyone else in Nagoya, would agree with what HARU and MAMI said about what they feel about Nagoya in a previous episode (how they love Nagoya but it's really not all that). That's all I feel like translating for that bc the rest is not that interesting lol

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is sending in a message following the previous episode they did about Kansai. When they heard them mention Mie Prefecture as being part of the Kansai region, they were like, "Mie is part of Kansai??" They then talked to their friends about it who live in places other than Mie, who said that those from Mie speak in the Kansai dialect. That made them realize that it is in fact a part of Kansai. They also say that Mie is considered to be a part of the Tokai region as well as the Kinki region and the Chubu region; they've felt gloomy about it since they were they in elementary school. They ask the band if they could draw a fine line (a real-life fine line) so that they know in what region Mie Prefecture is actually considered to be in. TOMO says that friends from Mie speak in Kansai dialect, which makes her feel like it is in the Kansai region. MAMI says that she thinks that it's more a part of the Kinki region, but also brings up the fact that they do speak in Kansai dialect. A staffer then says that there's one more message relating to Mie.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who is also from Mie and mentions the problem about in what region Mie is actually located in, but they say that they actually don't want it to be determined. They also think that they speak in Kansai dialect, but people from the Kansai region have told them that what they speak in Mie is different from Kansai dialect. TOMO says that there were students from Mie who attended her and RINA's branch of Caless (Kyobashi, Osaka in the Kansai region), but HARU says that it was the same for her and MAMI's branch (Nagoya in the Chubu region). HARU says that the way they spoke was Kansai dialect-like, but it was a little different. TOMO wonders if it was the way they ended their sentences. MAMI says that they ended their sentences using Kansai dialect, but their intonation was different. The band then laughs and says that they'll split Mie evenly between all of the regions it's a part of.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who was born and raised in Shiga Prefecture (Kansai region), and thinks that the fine line in regards to Kansai dialect is Shiga since there are difficult dialects within it, including Kansai dialect. The rest doesn't really translate well, so I will not be including it.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who says that it'd be great if SCANDAL did merch that had embroidery with stuff such as their lyrics embroidered on to something. Before the band can say anything about it, TOMO reads the next message from a listener who asks them if they have any favorite words, or anything that they'd like to include in lyrics or such. HARU says that both of these messages were regarding lyrics. They say that the embroidery stuff sounds good, and RINA says that maybe they could release something via FEEDBACK.

•MAMI then reads the next message from a listener who says they came up with a song title that sounds that it could be an actual SCANDAL track: "Mustard" (マスタード; sounds like "Masterpiece" マスターピース as well as "STANDARD" スタンダード). A staffer laughs in the background while the band remains silent for a few seconds. TOMO and RINA both say, "...it kind of does." They mention that it does sound like both "Masterpiece" and "STANDARD." There's another pause before RINA goes, "Rejected." Everyone laughs hard at this. TOMO goes, "No way." MAMI and HARU repeat the same thing while laughing. MAMI says that maybe it'd be doable if they named it something like, "Ketchup and Mustard." RINA says that "Ketchup" sounds more plausible as a track name, and that they could tie "Ketchup and Mustard" to their existing track "Orange Juice."

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is writing in for love advice. They say that they're thinking of ending the one-sided crush they've had on someone for several years. The person in question is a guy they met about six years ago and started crushing on from the day they met, and became good friends pretty fast. Four years ago the guy moved away for work and the listener thought that their feelings for him would wane since they were far enough away from each other that it'd be hard for them to easily meet up. They even got a boyfriend in the meantime, but they still couldn't forget about the original guy. They don't know if he currently has a girlfriend or not. But thinking of marriage and all that, they think they might want to go and just tell the guy their feelings and likely get rejected. But they think that suddenly wanting to meet up with him might be trouble for him, and they're unsure of how to contact him about this. They think that they have a 0.01% chance of the guy accepting, and they'd want to be accepted rather than being rejected. They ask the band for some advice and support. TOMO says that this situation is lovely and cute. MAMI wonders how far away they are from each other. HARU says that since the listener says they'd want to be accepted, it'd probably be better to deepen their relationship first. Suddenly being confessed to after so many years of not seeing each other might surprise him. MAMI says that maybe they could meet up and go eat or something first, and right before they part is when the listener could confess. That way there would be more of a heart-skipping feeling. RINA says that that would be something she couldn't do. MAMI says that that's something she's never done either, which makes everyone laugh. She says again how leaving an impact like that might be good to do. They basically say to go ahead and tell him their feelings, and that they're cheering for the listener.

•They then close out the episode. They say they seem to have another segment you can write in for: Song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

SCANDAL looks back on what a turbulent year 2022 was! This year was all about "MIRROR"??

Episode #145 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 0A9pfGl

HARUNA: The theme this time is "2022"...!

RINA: Hmm??

HARUNA: It's 2022.

RINA: Oh, so the theme is "2022"... So it's a ridiculously large theme, right??

MAMI: Ah, is that what it is?

TOMOMI: 2022... I thought we would do that later.

RINA: I thought it would continue.

HARUNA: No, the theme is "2022." It's December, so let's take a quick look back on this year.

RINA: I see.

HARUNA: A lot of things happened in 2022... We toured, too.

TOMOMI: It started in March.

RINA: It was a world tour.

HARUNA: It ran until the end of September.

TOMOMI: What did we do before the tour... Like in January or February?

MAMI: We released the album!

TOMOMI: Oh yeah, we released an album!

(*All of the staff went from surprise to laughter...)

RINA: But I totally get that feeling.

TOMOMI: We released MIRROR, huh...

MAMI: Yeah, this year was the year of MIRROR.

HARUNA: It's been a long time since we made the songs, right?

RINA: That's right.

TOMOMI: I see. This year was the year of MIRROR.

HARUNA: It was January? that we released it?

RINA: Really? It was also made into a film. It really was the year of MIRROR.

TOMOMI: We also were able to go overseas for the first time in forever. We weren't able to because of the pandemic. I'm happy we got to do so.

MAMI: Gradually, you can feel that things are getting better.

RINA: It feels like things are starting to move again.

HARUNA: I think it was a year in which we made some progress. Also, did anything happen?

RINA: Other than the band?

HARUNA: Anything is fine... Ahー!!!

All: (...!?)

HARUNA: (*Suddenly turns to RINA) You got your license!!!

RINA: (*suddenly) …Uh, yeah.

TOMOMI: What? The way you just said that was so cute! I wish I had taken a video of that!

HARUNA: What?

RINA: Yeah, that was surprising but cute. I'd want make it into a LINE stamp.

TOMOMI: You said "You got your license!" like a Magical Girl.

HARUNA: Really? That's kind of crazy...

TOMOMI: I wish I had taken a video of that... "You got your license!"

RINA: Well, getting a driver's license was certainly a big deal for me, personally.

HARUNA: I didn't think you'd decide to get it.

RINA: True... I also didn't think I'd get it... But I suddenly thought about getting it. When I went back to my hometown, there were many inconveniences caused by not being able to drive myself, so I decided to get it. If anything should happen, it would be nice to be able to drive to Kansai even at night.

HARUNA: Yeah.

RINA: Driving school was fun, and it was fun to study in the classroom after a long time. The moment I got my license, I LINE'd the three of them.

HARUNA: Yeah, you did.

RINA: I sent that about two seconds after getting my license. I was happy.

MAMI: Impressive.

RINA: I didn't want to tell that to anyone else but the band members.

MAMI: Your instantaneous power is impressive.

RINA: At any rate, I was happy.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 145

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 Nad80Yf
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 Ox9HxEU

•TOMO mentions that she got a boating license this year. The rest go, "Oh yeah!" There's a pause before RINA goes, "...she got her license" to goad HARU. HARU goes, "Geez!" and everyone laughs. A staffer says to do it one more time, which makes HARU go, "Come on already! This is a pain!" They restart and RINA says, "On that subject, TOMO got a license too." HARU reluctantly goes, "You got your license" very unenthusiastically, which makes RINA and the staff burst out laughing. TOMO says that she didn't sound like a Magical Girl then.

•HARU then reads a message from a listener who asks the band this: When you're abroad, is there anything you have rediscovered that you like and want to try again/study again when you're back in Japan? (The actual question is actually pretty oddly worded; it's more like, "When you look at Japan when you're overseas, is there anything that makes you realize that you like it, or makes you want to try something again, or makes you want to study something?") RINA says that there are aspects of Japan that you notice after spending time abroad. MAMI then tries to reword the question in a better, less confusing way. It kind of works, but she herself kind of gets confused and the others laugh. RINA says that she's really been liking the YouTube channel Kevin's English Room lately, which MAMI and TOMO say they know of. She loves his videos and watches them basically every day. Watching those videos makes her realize that she likes both Japan and overseas culture/etc. and thinks they're all great and interesting. MAMI and TOMO say they like those videos too, while HARU says that she's probably never seen any of their videos before.

•RINA says that there are a lot of things about Japan you don't realize while you're overseas. TOMO mentions that there's a tea ceremony class close to where her parents' house, and she had taken some classes when she was in high school since she was interested in it. HARU says that she's also interested in it, and that her mom is able to do tea ceremonies. TOMO is surprised at that. HARU says that she herself learned a bit a long time ago at home. TOMO says that they should go to a class together. HARU says that she thought about learning about it more from her mom, who said that she'd teach her. TOMO asks if it's okay if she could come too, which makes the others laugh.

•RINA mentions a time when she had gone to LA on vacation and had worn yukata that she brought from Japan. A lot of people called out to them, which made her think that they thought stuff like that was nice. It also made her want to learn how to put on a yukata by herself (since a lot of steps are involved). HARU agrees that it is difficult to do so by yourself. RINA says that there are some that are easy to put on, but she wants to wear authentic, original ones since they're really cool.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who is writing in for the first time and basically says that they've been a fan for 10 years and loves their music, etc. The band thanks them. RINA reads the next message from a listener who is also writing in for the first time and says that they haven't yet seen them live but wants to soon, and also says that they're studying to take a national exam (to get a license for a job, presumably). The band says that they hope they pass. MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is also writing in for the first time and says that they had been studying for a test. SCANDAL's music helped to encourage them, and they did pass the test. The band thanks these kinds of listeners who are sending in messages for the first time.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is also writing in for the first time and is writing in because they had a "Heart Poppo" situation happen recently. The other day they went camping for the first time with their twin, and they did so because of SCANDAL's appearances on the WILD STOCK program. They all go, "Ahh!" excitedly. The listener says their "Heart Poppo" moment was when friends and seniors saw photos of them and their twin camping and said how they're close they are as always; the many messages made them feel happy. The band thanks them, and they're then reminded that because this was a "Heart Poppo" message, they need to spin the roulette wheel to see how many pieces of Poifull the listener will get. They spin the wheel and it lands on 5 pieces.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who was invited to a wedding of their friends they made via SCANDAL. They had a lot of fun with all of their SCANDAL friends who are of all different ages, and they say they're grateful to SCANDAL for giving them a single thing to bond over. RINA says that your bond is strong when you become friends thanks to music. MAMI says that she knows this listener has been attending SCANDAL concerts for a long time now and sends them messages and such all the time, and that it seems like this wedding was a huge gathering of SCANDAL fans (I'm pretty sure this wedding they're talking about is my friend's that happened recently, and I know that friend + all of the others mentioned because of SCANDAL! lol).

•They then close out the episode. They say that this year went by really fast. HARU says that it was pretty tough to bring MIRROR to different countries, and that those who watch the documentary will understand what emotions went into making the album and what the band felt when touring--this really was a year that they really ran full-speed through. She also says that they have a lot of fun things planned for next year as well. MAMI then mentions that at BEST Xmas they'll be announcing some of the "song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs."

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Annual year-end special! While on the phone with SCANDAL, listeners hold a debriefing on what happened this year for them!

Episode #146 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 W3tNKZI

HARUNA: Now then, for the first time in a while we will call listeners on the phone from the TOKYO FM studios and bring you a report on what happened this year for them!

RINA: Can't wait!

TOMOMI: Yay!

MAMI: Chop-chop!

HARUNA: The listener, Okapon, is already on the line! Hello!?

Okapon: Hello!

HARUNA: Let's have a debriefing session about what happened this year for you, if you would!

Okapon: This year, my links with SCANDAL increased!

HARUNA: Niceー! Any in particular...?

Okapon: I'm in my sixth year as a member of society, but since I became an adult, I haven't had many relationships outside of work. I wanted to make new friends, so I started a social media account exclusively to use for SCANDAL-related purposes...

RINA: Ohー!

Okapon: I was able to meet people at concert venues...

TOMOMI: Niceー.

Okapon: I had gone to concerts alone until last year. I had a lot of fun even on my own, but going with someone doubled the fun. That made this year a fulfilling one.

HARUNA: That's great.

RINA: I'm happy for you!

TOMOMI: So you'd communicate on social media and be like, "Let's go together to the concert today!"?

Okapon: We replied back and forth, saying things like, "We'll both be at the Atsugi concert tomorrow, right?" and deepened our friendship.

TOMOMI: Sounds like fun!

MAMI: Sounds niceー. You probably added stuff like, "@(username) is going to (concert)" to your account name.

RINA: Ah, yeah.

TOMOMI: Stuff like, "@__ is going to Atsugi," or "@__ is basking in the afterglow of this concert," or, "@__ hasn't seen them recently"?

Okapon: I did do that.

HARUNA: Little by little we're going back to enjoying concerts just like before [the pandemic].

RINA: I feel happiest when fans are on good terms with each other. That's what makes me happy.

Okapon: With the people I met on the tour... I play an instrument, and we figured we should go to the studio together to play a jam session.

All: Ehーーーー!!

TOMOMI: That's so nice!

RINA: That's awesome!

TOMOMI: What instrument do you play?

Okapon: I mainly play drums, but I also play bass and keyboards.

TOMOMI: A jam session between fans sounds like funー!

Okapon: It is a lot of fun!

MAMI: That's niceー.

HARUNA: The friends you make through your hobbies after becoming an adult are truly precious.

RINA: That's right.

HARUNA: Since we work as SCANDAL every day, we don't have many other people whom we see daily. So if you have the same hobbies as your friends, you'll be able to see, hear, and talk about all sorts of things in a different vector. That's important because it's a great input.

RINA: That's true.

HARUNA: I'm really happy that that depth is connected to SCANDAL!

Okapon: Same here!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 146

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 A3qEr2x
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 GS8TY0O

•The band then asks the listener they're on the phone with if they + their friends cover SCANDAL songs. They say they do, and they do songs like "Shunkan Sentimental." The band also asks if they play the actual songs + have all the necessary instruments/etc. when together, and the listener says they're missing a vocalist. MAMI goes, "What if you go, HARU?" HARU says that she should go. The listener asks her to please come, which makes everyone laugh. HARU says they should tell her when and where their next session will be. TOMO says that HARU could probably make it if it's in the Tokyo area, and HARU says that it would make her happy if it was. There's a pause before the listener says that they will hold it in the Tokyo area for her. The band goes, "Ah, she can totally go, then!" while laughing. HARU says that maybe she should also make a separate/secret social media account like the listener did. They thank the listener for their message. TOMO says to send a photo to them the next time the listener and their friends do a jam session. The listener laughs and says that they'll send them DMs.

•A staffer asks in the background how the listener + their friends are able to meet up when their schedules are probably all over the place. The listener says it is hard to coordinate and that sometimes it will only be two of them that can make it. They also say that the member lineup could totally change depending on the day and who can make it. The band says that that changing lineup actually sounds fun. The listener says that the previous month they had a 4-member lineup with two guitars, a bass, and drums, though they didn't have any vocals. HARU asks if there's no one who'd want to try doing vocals. There's a pause before they confirm there isn't, which makes the band laugh. The band jokes that they'll send over vocal tracks to them. RINA says that once they get used to the tempo of the songs, they could play their instruments alongside the recorded track. HARU says that they even do that sometimes when the four of them rehearse.

•TOMO asks if the listener + friends have decided on a band name. They say that they've never thought about it. HARU says that it doesn't seem like they're trying to be a 'band' in the first place since they do jam sessions, and the members change in and out. They say that that kind of setup is nice and sure to be fun, though. A staffer asks the listener if they and their friends have a goal. They say that they hope to all be able to play "A.M.D.K.J." together, which makes the band happy. MAMI asks if the group is mixed gender, which they say it is. HARU says that it'd be nice if they had a girl singing vocals. The listener agrees and hopes that maybe someone listening to the program might want to join. TOMO says that the band will give that person some sweets. The band says that they'd like to hear the group; TOMO says they should take a video and send it to them. They also say that they sometimes get DMs that say things like they performed a SCANDAL song at their school festival. The listener says that they'll send a video once they improve some more. The band thanks the listener and ends the call with them.

•The band takes the next and last call from a listener. What happened for the listener in 2022 was that they discovered SCANDAL and went to their first SCANDAL concert together with their mom. The band asks if 2022 was the first year they learned about SCANDAL, to which the listener says that it was. HARU asks how they discovered them. They say that they did know their anime-related songs like "Shunkan Sentimental" from Fullmetal Alchemist and, since they play the drums, decided to do a drum cover of it. They listened to the song on YouTube, and since they had auto play turned on, a lot of SCANDAL songs played after that. They were like, "These are nothing but great songs!" and decided that they wanted to see them live. They seem to live around the Sendai area, and when they looked up SCANDAL's tour dates they realized that they did have a Sendai date, but it had already passed--or so they thought. The date actually had to be rescheduled due to an earthquake in that region, and thanks to that they were able to go to the show after all, and even got third row seats. The band says they're happy to hear about all of that.

•RINA says that it makes them happy to hear when someone hears their music on YouTube or the like and decides that they want to see them live in concert. The listener then mentions how they would play SCANDAL's songs while in the car with their mom, which got their mom interested in their music as well, and they then decided to go to see SCANDAL together. HARU asks what her mom thought of the concert. The listener says that they both felt the same, and that they cried when they first heard the intro to "MIRROR." The band laughs and says they're happy + they find that cute. TOMO says that it's really nice when parent and child have matching interests/tastes. HARU says that she totally understands that. TOMO asks if that means it's like that with her and her mom too. HARU says yes. RINA says that when you grow up your mom kind of becomes more like a friend, which HARU really agrees with. HARU also says that it's crazy that they got third row seats for their first concert. They talk about a few more things, but really the only noteworthy thing the band mentions is that it makes them happy to hear thoughts directly from fans like this.

•After the call, HARU mentions that both listeners' happenings were related to SCANDAL. They say they're happy and grateful for that. They then realize that they had been assuming that they would share stories that were more personal and not related to SCANDAL. TOMO says that what makes them happiest is that SCANDAL is around in their everyday lives. RINA says that this year was tough for the band with all that happened, but hearing their fans' actual voices and learning about how they spend their time really makes them feel relieved. HARU also says how concerts really are important, and gives examples of the two listeners attending and them making friends, etc. They again thank the listeners for their reports.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

What remarks from SCANDAL are memorable for listeners!? Holding the "2022 SCANDAL Catch up Power Word Awards"!

Episode #147 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 BfhcOmW

HARUNA: This is the last episode of Catch up for 2022. Thank you very much this year too!

All: Thank you!

HARUNA: We received a lot of emails from our listeners. We also talked to them on the phone. Thanks to your messages, the number of segments grew. It was a fulfilling and enjoyable year. We will be looking back at 2022 - "SCANDAL Catch up Power Awards 2022"!

RINA: Time for this segment!

TOMOMI: It's been a year since we did this segment!?

RINA: Yeah.

MAMI: That's what happens; time goes by so fast.

TOMOMI: It feels very recent, but it's been a year, huh...

HARUNA: But do you guys remember last year's Power Words...?

TOMOMI: I don't...

HARUNA: Yeah...

RINA: What kind of Power Words are they this year...

HARUNA: As for what kind of awards... Each member's "striking remarks" and "remarkable comments"...etc., AKA "Power Words" for the 2022 episodes will be selected by the listeners and introduced in an award format! Thank you for all your entries! Thank you for listening back on this year's episodes.

RINA: They must have listened to them in a different way than they usually do, right?

HARUNA: Some interesting words will pop up by listening back on the episodesー

RINA: I definitely think there are some.

MAMI: What did we say...

HARUNA: Let's get to it: "SCANDAL Catch up Power Word Awards 2022"
This one is from the RINA category.

RINA: From me!?

HARUNA: This is from Biwasshi. From episode 116 during the "NOT ONE MORE TIME" segment where we tried doing a simple mission in one shot, these are RINA's Power Words from when she was challenged to snap her fingers.

RINA: What is it...

→Playback
(Excerpt from #116 from the 22-minute mark)

RINA: I've never been able to snap my fingers in my life...

HARUNA: It might be difficult to judge finger snaps...

MAMI: Wouldn't it be okay if some kind of sound was produced?

RINA: Right?

HARUNA: Now for RINA's challenge! Finger snapping!
(*Counting down)

RINA: (*Failing to snap...)

HARUNA: That's a sound I've never heard before...

RINA: No good; you can hear my bones.

HARUNA: So, "SCANDAL Catch up Power Word Awards 2022":
From #116 in the RINA category, it was "You can hear my bones"!

RINA: That's so embarrassing... This is the worst!

TOMOMI: It's scary to snap your fingers so hard that you can hear your bones!

RINA: A bad kind of Osaka dialect came out.

HARUNA: That super-Osakan intonation on it sounded nice.

RINA: Even though I had been using standard Japanese up until then.

HARUNA: It's not like that, though.

RINA: Oh??

MAMI: Can you try snapping your fingers again?

RINA: Because I've gotten better and have grown.

RINA: (*Failing to snap...)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 147

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 BtyPqh6
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 5yspRsC

•The episode starts with this. RINA again says how TOMO is really good at snapping. TOMO snaps cleanly again and wonders why she can do it so well. The others continue practicing in the background and HARU goes, "Ah, I kind of did it!" They continue trying to do it and wonder what exactly makes the noise when you snap; they seem to think it has to do with your finger bones. They wonder if it has to do with your skin being on the dry side. TOMO goes, "Am I dried out?" The others laugh and say that must be the case. TOMO says that she doesn't know how to explain how snap correctly. HARU says the same, and that she can't explain why she can't do it correctly. At the end, they replay RINA's line with an echoing effect added to it, which makes them laugh and say it sounds scary.

•Next up is from the MAMI category. Listener Yurina's message from episode 103 is played. The entire excerpt is played, including SCANDAL's comments. After, the band wonders what words were chosen. Then, the audio of RINA saying "No good; you can hear my bones" from the previous one is played by the staff as a joke. The band laughs and goes, "Come on!" RINA goes, "Don't tease us like that!" HARU then announces what the real Power Word from MAMI is: "Expose his lies!" The band laughs and RINA says that it sounds scary taken out of context like that. MAMI says that it makes her sound like a psychopath. They laugh and comment about the dude that the message is about and say that he really is worthless.

•Next up is from the TOMO category, and is from episode 135 during the question "Which hiragana character do you want to physically hold in your hand?" A lot of that part plays, up until the part where they all decide to just write whatever character comes to mind. After the audio plays, the band is unsure of what words were chosen. It ends up being, "What can you do with ひ (hi)??" TOMO lets out a small laugh, and they all start repeating the line. They say that the excerpt played was so long that they couldn't tell which words were the chosen ones. They also comment that they sounded super excited when discussing all of that. HARU says that listening to the Smental segment again makes her feel kind of embarrassed. RINA says that you wouldn't think that the band is all in their 30s, which makes a staffer in the background laugh super hard. She also says that they should bring that kind of energy for when they make their next album. MAMI wonders what happened at the end, and if they were able to all write down the same hiragana character. TOMO recalls that they ended up choosing the 'representative' character for hiragana (あ; a). HARU says that in the end they didn't choose one based on what they'd want to hold in their hands; they just wanted to finally all have matching answers. TOMO says that she still thinks about what you could do with ひ. MAMI says that TOMO sounded really angry when she said that line in the episode, which makes all of them laugh.

•Last up is from the HARU category. Before they get to it, the other three say that there are probably lots to choose from and that they're excited to see what was chosen. Apparently there are many entries that have been chosen, and the three wonder what they could be. They think that one of them could be the mochi thing from episode 137, or the number thing from episode 140, or the "You got your license!" line from episode 145. HARU says that even she doesn't know what would be chosen. She then starts to read the first one which is from episode 137 (TOMO: "I knew it!") in response to the question, "What kind of white-colored thing do you think of when you think of winter?" The excerpt is played starting from when they're trying to write down what RINA's favorite white-colored food is, which everyone seems to know right away except for HARU. The Power Word chosen is when HARU says "Mochi." They laugh and RINA says that she sounds super curt. HARU then goes, "Wait, this is wrong?" The others are confused while a staffer says something in the background. Apparently that was the only one chosen for the HARU category, which was not what was written on the paper she had in front of her. A staffer explains it further to her; she laughs and says that they need to explain things better. Closing it out, they talk a little bit about the segment. MAMI says that these were the words chosen by the listeners. HARU says that she was really picked on by her band mates as well as the listeners, which makes the others laugh really hard. They say that they'll do their best so that a lot of words can be chosen for the 2023 awards.

•They then close out the episode by each saying a last greeting for the year. They start from RINA: "Thanks for another year! The more years the band is together, the more we truly feel that we're supported by our fans. We were able to get through this year because of all of the support from our fans. We hope to continue to do fun things together on Catch up, so best regards for 2023 as well! Thanks as always!"

•Next is MAMI: "Thanks for another year! We hope to make 2023 a more active year than 2022, and that we get more chances to see you guys at concerts, events, etc. Best regards in 2023!"

•Then TOMO: "Thanks for another year! It felt like we were able to return to everyday life little by little in 2022, and it made us really happy that we got to see our fans a lot. We have a lot of things planned for 2023 and plan to have even more chances to see everyone, so please look forward to it all! We're almost about to break the Guinness World Record [for longest-running all-girl band with its original members]. We're still confirming that, but please cheer us on for that as well!"

•Finally, HARU: "We held a world tour in 2022, and people around the world listen to Catch up. It feels like 2022 was a year in which we were connected to everyone in all sorts of ways, including concerts, and it was such a happy year for us. We hope to strengthen the band and our fandom even more in 2023, so please lend us your strength! Thank you!"

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Airing the "Business trip Catch up" held at the annual Christmas concert "BEST Xmas 2022"! Plus, their goals for 2023!

Episode #148 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 10oZsi8

HARUNA: Happy New Year, everyone!

All: Happy New Year!

HARUNA: Please continue to listen to "Catch up" in 2023. Let's make it a great year~
So, each member will announce their New Year's resolutions.

All: Oh!

HARUNA: We'll each list three resolutions for 2023.

RINA: That's a lot...

TOMOMI: Three is difficult...

HARUNA: Asking for three things is a little greedy.

MAMI: I wonder if everyone has made their resolutions and goals for the new year...

HARUNA: I wonder... When I was a student, I set goals for the new semester and the new school year, but after becoming an adult... Not really.

RINA: Even if you set a goal, won't you quickly forget it?

HARUNA: I don't even remember my goals from last year.

MAMI: I don't remember.

RINA: I don't even know if they were fulfilled.

MAMI: I don't know.

TOMOMI: ...I can't think of one.

MAMI: What do we do...

(*They were asked to each write three things)

HARUNA: They've turned into ones that reveal my true nature...

RINA: What do you mean? Conceptually? That could be good.

TOMOMI: Didn't it say "everyday life"?

HARUNA: It's not like that.

RINA: The theme's too broad.

HARUNA: I wrote mine on the premise of "everyday life."

(*Since everyone has finished writing, everyone will reveal theirs)

HARUNA: Now, let's reveal them! Ta-da! (*Opens them all at once)

RINA: ...hey, aren't ours kind of the same?

HARUNA: Ah, they are!

RINA: They're just written differently but are similar.

HARUNA: I'll reveal mine.
The first is to exercise a little more. The second is go to bed early. The third is to travel.

RINA: Nice. But you're just imagining that you'll go to bed early.

HARUNA: I've started going to bed late again recently.

MAMI: You wake up early, don't you?

HARUNA: I do wake up early. So I'm just getting less sleep.

MAMI: By the way, what time did you sleep yesterday?

HARUNA: Yesterday I slept early, around 1:30 am.

RINA: Goals that can be achieved if you work hard.

HARUNA: Yeah, that's the most important thing: You have to set goals that can be achieved.

MAMI: But that's the hardest part...

HARUNA: That's right. Next up is MAMI. It's kind of similar to mine.

MAMI: The first is to build up my stamina. The second is to improve my quality of sleep. The third is to cook more.

RINA: Nice.

MAMI: We have fewer chances to perform live, and I feel that my physical strength has dropped, so I have to work hard. Also, when it comes to sleep, I can't fall asleep unless I kill my eyes by playing games for an hour after getting into bed...

HARUNA: I totally get that!

RINA: You say that's not good, right?

HARUNA: I can't sleep until I can't keep my eyes open anymore.

RINA: Is that because of the games?

TOMOMI: It feels so good when you can't keep your eyes open.

MAMI: Ah! It feels so good!

HARUNA: Now I go to bed early, like 3 am.

RINA: That's pretty late.

MAMI: If I keep going, I won't go to sleep until 4 or 5 am, so I want to go to bed earlier.

HARUNA: Now then, RINA.

RINA: The first one is to travel alone. The second one is to drive to a slightly far away destination. The third one is to continue Pilates.
It resembles everyone else's.

HARUNA: Are you okay with traveling alone?

RINA: Yeah, I actually never traveled alone. Our job kind of has us traveling all the time, and I'm thinking of going somewhere on when we have some days off, so I thought I'd try going somewhere.

HARUNA: And driving?

RINA: I just got my driver's license, so I thought I'd give it a try.

MAMI: Wouldn't it be nice to take a long drive around Japan alone?

RINA: Really nice.

HARUNA: How long is longer?

RINA: Hmm, how much?

HARUNA: Hmm, maybe 4-5 hours.

RINA: I've driven for 4-5 hours.

HARUNA: What? Really? Where??

RINA: Within in Tokyo.

HARUNA: 4-5 hours in Tokyo!!?? You're lying, aren't you??

RINA: I went to Shibuya about 4 times in one day.

HARUNA: Ehー!?

MAMI: That's not really going somewhere??

RINA: I was scared to leave Tokyo... My friend who was riding with me got tired... It took too long.

HARUNA: Of course it did!

TOMOMI: That might be really annoying...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 148

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 Qw8SBc6
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 ISW6d3t

•The episode starts with reading messages from listeners who attended SCANDAL's BEST Xmas Christmas concert. One of them mentions how they started getting hooked on Johnny's boy groups in 2022. They also wondered if SCANDAL would cover a Johnny's group song at BEST Xmas (something that SCANDAL always does), and ask the band how they decided to cover the song they did ("Eejanaika" by Johnny's WEST). MAMI says that they took a long time to decide which group to cover. TOMO says that the discussion for what song to cover next year starts the moment that a BEST Xmas concert is over (as in they started talking about what song/group to cover in 2022, way back in 2021). HARU says that they stopped talking about it until wintertime, when they realized that the concert was soon and that they needed to seriously discuss what to do. RINA says that they started to really discuss things starting in November.

•HARU says that since BEXT Xmas is like a year-end party, they want to do a non-band performance. The first song they ever covered for BEST Xmas was "SHAKE" by SMAP (fun fact: you can see SCANDAL singing in the background in this video lol), which is also a standard song sung at karaoke. After that, they decided to do an ARASHI song ("A・RA・SHI"), and then figured that they should do standard/popular songs of the Johnny's groups. TOMO wonders how many songs they've covered so far at BEST Xmas. RINA figures that it's probably almost 10 songs (9 songs, to be exact!) since this was their 11th BEST Xmas (actually, it was their 10th lol).

•HARU says that there hasn't been really been a year-end party feel since the pandemic began, though it wasn't as if they did decide to stop holding their Christmas concerts. TOMO mentions that they did SEASONS held on Dec. 24, 2020, though it wasn't actually considered a BEST Xmas concert. HARU says that they wondered what to do for 2022, and it was ultimately their staff that reminded them that the BEST Xmas concerts are the most fun concerts they put on. RINA says they didn't actually decide to do it, but rather thought that it'd be good if they did hold it. HARU says that Johnny's groups have a lot of uplifting, exciting songs, which is really impressive. TOMO says Johnny's groups' songs are ones that everyone knows. RINA says that they'll get people excited even if they don't know the songs.

•TOMO says that they don't know what to do for next year, so maybe they'll take requests on what song to do. MAMI says that there might be some songs that will be released in 2023 that they could cover. RINA laughs and goes, "You mean the latest song??", which MAMI says yes to. RINA says that to let them know if anyone knows a Johnny's group's song that would fit well with SCANDAL. TOMO says that they won't reveal which song they choose to do, but they will keep a list of songs submitted.

•Next, HARU announces that they will be playing audio taken during BEST Xmas of the "Catch up" segment where they asked people to write in for a few weeks ago: "Song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs." The submitted ones read at the concert were:

-Silent Listener - The band likes this and says that it's about the entire audience, as they're silent listeners (no vocalization allowed at the concert).

-Corn Potage - The band laughs and also really likes this one, saying that it totally sounds like it could be a SCANDAL song; they say that it sounds like a song RINA would write, and RINA goes, "I will write it!"

-Takarakuji - Means 'lottery.' Of course it's supposed to sound like "A.M.D.K.J.", which means 'ladder lottery.' The band quotes the song's lyrics and replaces 'amidakuji' with the word so that it ends up being "Unmei no takarakuji = Lottery of fate." RINA says while laughing that they're kind of being made fun of.

-Sasakure, Nukeru - Means 'removing a hangnail,' and the title in Japanese sounds like "Yuugure, Tokeru." The band laughs hard at this and say it's a good one. Their program director says that it was sent in at the last minute at 5 pm that day.

-Tsumanai Tsumori no, Nagoya de ne - Kind of means something like, 'Though Boring, Stay As You Are, Nagoya' - a play on "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" as well as in reference to previous "Catch up" episodes where HARU and MAMI, who are from Nagoya, say they love the city but would never want to live there again. HARU says that this person must be a heavy listener of the program, and also says that they really understood the pair's thoughts: Although they can no longer be with/live in Nagoya, they still love it.

-NAGOYA - Since SCANDAL already has songs titled "TOKYO" and "OSAKA." MAMI says that those two songs have the same melody, but a song about Nagoya wouldn't fit with the song's flow, in particular the first lines of the songs. TOMO and MAMI try to make Nagoya fit with it but it doesn't quite work out well. MAMI states again that she really does love Nagoya. HARU then reads the next song title from the next listener, and it also happens to be "NAGOYA." The band laughs and TOMO goes, "Enough with that!" Their director says that there were actually about 30 messages that suggested "NAGOYA" as well.

•The episode then goes back to the back in the studio. They say that they'll keep this as a regular segment for the program. Then, they do this where they list their resolutions for 2023.

•TOMO goes last. She says hers is to cut back on pressing the snooze button on her alarm. She says that she presses it a lot, probably about 10 times. She says that she's aware that she's pressing it 10 times, so she does finally wake up on the 10th time. MAMI says that she totally gets it. HARU says that she really hates the snooze function since it's basically nagging you to wake up. TOMO says that she hates it too, which makes HARU laugh. She says that she knows it's not a good thing to do, which is why she wants to cut back on doing it and wake up on either the first or second time. HARU wonders if she could set her alarm to the last possible time she could wake up. TOMO says that is what she's doing right now, so that "hit the snooze button 10 times" thing really is meaningless. The staff and RINA chuckle at this. TOMO seems to show them how many alarms she has set up for times other than sleeping, which is apparently a lot. The band understands and says that they also set alarms for stuff like reminders to go and eat, head out the door, etc. TOMO says that she sets about 5 alarms to go off before she needs to leave the house. RINA goes, "Are you sleeping then?" TOMO says she isn't, which makes them all laugh. She says she's awake but is spacing out. Setting all these alarms really are kind of pointless, she again says; it's better to just set one alarm (TOMO: "I want to eliminate doing pointless things").

•They they close out the episode and talk a bit about their upcoming Japan tour "unlimited UTOPIA" in the spring. They're in talks to hopefully allow vocalization at those concerts, and they named the tour as such because they hope that things will keep improving for everyone/everything.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

MAMI's lucky number is "2"! Her reasoning makes RINA go, "That's an interesting view"

Episode #149 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 CEUTO91

HARUNA: For our first episode of 2023, we will be reading a bunch of messages. Let's get right to it.

TOMOMI: Let's read them.

Matsukiyo

I had a graduate school exam for a school I really want to go to in order to achieve my dream, so I studied hard while listening to SCANDAL's songs every day.

You are assigned an exam number when you take the exam, and the results are announced based on that number. I think I've been lucky with the exams I've taken so far, so I wondered if my number would have a "7" in it. However, my exam number was "0821," SCANDAL's anniversary date!

The moment I received that number, it was like SCANDAL was cheering me on! As a result of studying, I was able to pass the exam! Thank you very much for giving me power outside of musical instruments!

SCANDAL, do you guys have lucky numbers, or numbers that make you happy to see?

HARUNA: There are numbers that make me happy to see, like my birthday.

RINA: Yeah, totally.

TOMOMI: If it's an item's expiration date is on your birthday, you kind of treasure that item.

RINA: [Lucky numbers] are definitely a thing. "821" is my birthday and the day SCANDAL formed. Hotel room numbers count for me, too.

TOMOMI: Do you guys have a lucky number?

HARUNA: Yes, mine is "8."

MAMI: Really?

TOMOMI: Because it's auspicious?

HARUNA: I was born in August of 1988, and whether it's an angel number or a soul number, it's also "8."

TOMOMI: Huh!

HARUNA: It's partly because it widens out at the end, but it's surrounded by "8".

TOMOMI: I never thought about it like that...

HARUNA: Eh? Well then, for example, what do you go with when you choose a number from 1 to 10?

TOMOMI: It depends on the day. By the way, today it's "2"...

HARUNA: Does it depend on your mood that day?

TOMOMI: Not at all; it's not decided.

HARUNA: What about you, MAMI?

MAMI: I haven't thought much about it. But when I happen to look at the lucky number of the day on a fortune-telling app or the like, it makes me go, "I guess that's right"... But I might not have a specific number.

HARUNA: MAMI hasn't decided on one either.

MAMI: But my favorite number is either "2" or "5."

HARUNA: Because of your birthday?

MAMI: Because "5" (May) is my birth month. "2" is the one that's most fitting...

RINA: The one that's most fitting??

MAMI: In terms of ranking, "#2" is good. I'd rather go with the number that supports 1 rather than go with the leading number of 1. That's why "2" and "1" stand out as winners, but isn't that because there's a #2? I think "2" is the most comfortable number. I don't want to be #2. I respect and admire it, but I don't have to be #2.

RINA: That's an interesting view.

TOMOMI: "2" has the cutest shape.

RINA: Shape!? Yeah, I guess it is cute.

MAMI: Isn't "6" cute?

RINA: Well, "6" is also cute because it's rounded.

TOMOMI: Yeah, "6" is cute too.

HARUNA: What about you, RINA? Your favorite number from 1 to 10.

RINA: I like "8." But in the old days, when I finally learned to use the abacus and finally learned to do mental arithmetic, I would be doing flash mental calculation all of the time when items were being rung up at the market checkout.

HARUNA: Huh!

RINA: That flash mental calculation, it felt really good when the total number had a good cut-off number.

HARUNA: A well-defined number is good, isn't it?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 149

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 Miczfrv
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 DSJkfSZ

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who basically says that they were having a tough time career-wise and such, and the MC that RINA did at the Kobe performance of their MIRROR tour helped to dispel all of the pent-up/uncertain feelings they were having, and thanks her for it. RINA says that she's happy that MC helped them out.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who did a speech at a friend's wedding last year. They ask SCANDAL if any of them have given speeches at weddings before. HARU says that she's never done that, and TOMO also says the same. RINA says that's surprising. TOMO says that her hometown friends' weddings usually take place in their hometown and so she can't really take part in them that easily, and that her friends in/near Tokyo have asked her if it's something she would do in the future, she still hasn't actually done it yet. HARU says that she hasn't really had the chance to go to that many weddings after becoming an adult. And although she has gone to some hometown friends' weddings, she's never done a speech at any of them.

•RINA mentions that her little sister's wedding was the other day, the day right after their MERRY ROCK PARADE festival performance. She gave a speech not as a friend but as her older sister, and that was her first time doing so. TOMO says that having her do a speech as her older sister is a little unusual (perhaps implying that friends rather than family members tend to give speechers in Japan?). RINA says that her family's pretty complicated and so she became the representative of the family with this speech. She also says that she didn't really know what to say ahead of time and wanted her feelings to properly come through, which is why she did the speech on the fly, saying whatever she was thinking at the time. HARU is really surprised and says, "That's so impressive! There aren't many people who can do that." She also says that it's kind of like their concert MCs.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who wrote in about the previously discussed topic about which region(s) of Japan Mie Prefecture is part of, which was apparently also discussed during BEST Xmas. They try to explain what regions they think it's part of, and the band kind of chimes in as well...and then they read another message from a listener who is writing in about the same thing...and honestly, it's not very interesting so I will not be translating it lol

•They then close out the episode. They remind people of upcoming things such as the documentary releasing on DVD/Blu-ray and their "unlimited UTOPIA" tour happening in Japan in the spring.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Listeners' skills will be put to the test! What are some "song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs"!?

Episode #150 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 TVbzYql

HARUNA: ...Though the new year is in full swing, today is our first day of work for 2023 (*Note from the staff: The first recording of the year was on January 10th). Best regards for this year as well.

All: Thank you!

HARUNA: This time, we'll be doing our new segment: "Song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs"!

RINA: That was really exciting [when we did this segment at BEST Xmas].

HARUNA: We got a lot of emails after that, so we'll be bringing you this episode from our usual studio in the office. The content is the same. We've asked listeners to think of SCANDAL song titles that are unlikely to happen, starting with an intro to the song.

RINA: It's fun to introduce them.

TOMOMI: It is! Let's hurry up and get to it.

HARUNA: Here we go. "Song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs"!

Koutoubu no Chandelier

I'm in a pinch because I have no money this month! But I want to eat lots of good foods!
I'm sure that happens to you, right?
I know it's not good to keep relying on them, but I have no choice!
Give it a listen:

"Saishuuheiki, Jikka" (Your Parents' House, The Final Weapon)

MAMI: Ah, I see...

RINA: They parodied it from our song "Saishuuheiki, Kimi."

TOMOMI: But they seriously thought about it...  It's hard to put the word "My parents' house" into lyrics.

RINA: Also, they grew up in a good house.

TOMOMI: Here's the next one. It's from Koutoubu no Chandelier...

HARUNA: Eh!? This one too!? Wow.

(*Staff: "When it comes to joke segments, this is what happens. We use messages that are interesting, so if some are interesting, we'll keep including them from the same people.")

RINA: I see.

HARUNA: I see. Koutoubu no Chandelier is impressive.

TOMOMI: Now, let's introduce it.

Hey. Don't forget that I'm here, too. I want you to make one about me, too. Remember that I'm here, too.
Now give it a listen.

"HYOGO"

All: What?

(*After a beat)

All: Ohー!!

(*Note from the staff: Recently, there's been a lot of excitement about Aichi Prefecture (mainly Nagoya), where HARUNA and MAMI are from, but they have absolutely no love for their hometown. SCANDAL has songs titled "TOKYO'' and "OSAKA'," and when doing this segment at BEST Xmas, many people suggested that they should make a song called "NAGOYA.")

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 150

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 OMLEA0c
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 1h5tmlj

•RINA reads the next message, which is from the same listener as the first two messages. The band kind of laughs at that. TOMO says that this person must be creative. The message goes as such:

My eyes open. The morning is the same old, same old.
Time is moving faster that I thought.
Is this a dream?
A dead cell phone at my bedside. I see.
Having understood everything, I get changed, open the door, and start running.
Give it a listen:

"Alarm ni Narakanatta no sa" (My Alarm Didn't Go Off; a parody of "Ai ni Naranakatta no sa")

•HARU laughs and the others go, "Aah..." MAMI says that this one is the best for her since she totally gets that whole situation [of your alarm not going off]. HARU says that the song intros are getting longer and longer.

•MAMI reads the next message:

When there are nothing but completely ordinary days,
You realize that you're just an ordinary person,
And that you admire those who are a little different.
But you don't need to be eccentric.
You don't have to have a special ability.
Normal is best.
Give it a listen:

"Roundoff" (a reference to MAMI's story way back in episode 9)

•The band laughs hard at this and say that this person must be an avid listener of the program. MAMI recounts the story that she told during that aforementioned episode. TOMO says that she feels weird about this story, no matter how many times she hears it. MAMI also agrees. HARU says that maybe he was leading into a cartwheel. They say that as you get older, past stories from your childhood get more cuter. TOMO says that recalling in your 30s a story like this that happened in middle school is kind of cute, but it would be really weird if this had happened in high school.

•HARU reads the next message and comments about how it's really long:

We always say, "Let's make it the best night ever!", and we're very happy to be have the best night ever with all of you guys every time. Thank you.

But you know, sometimes it's frustrating to think that just thanking you isn't enough. When we put it into words, it becomes long and unorganized. But even so, the feelings I want to convey remain in my heart without disappearing. We also feel that there are people among the listeners who feel the same way.

When we wondered what this was, we thought it might be the feeling of mutual love between SCANDAL and our listeners.

If Natsume Soseki's love is "The Moon Is Beautiful, Isn't It?", then the love between SCANDAL and our listeners is having the best night ever.

We thought it would be nice if we could tell everyone that that's when we have the best concerts ever. We put those feelings into this song. Give it a listen:

"Saikou no Yoru Desu ne" (This Is the Best Night Ever)

•The band says that they did get kind of close to how an MC at one of their shows would go. They say they got the sentence endings accurate to what they say (ex. だよね - da yo ne).

•TOMO reads the next message:

I love you - Even though I love you - Because I love you - I do love you

Because I love you, this is the most exciting one
Give it a listen:

"Hougen LOVER" (Dialect LOVER; a play on the DREAMS COME TRUE "Osaka LOVER" song that SCANDAL has covered; the first line of the message also features lyrics from the intro of the song)

•The band all goes, "Aah..." TOMO says they do love discussions about dialect, they wouldn't write a song about it.

•RINA reads the next message that's also from the "Koutoubu no Chandelier" listener:

We tend to eat a lot during the New Year.
Homemade food at my parents' house for New Year's Eve.
It's so delicious that you can't help but eat a lot.
What foods are indispensable for New Year's?
Eating this thing really makes you feel like a new year's coming.
This is what you think of when you hear the word "white," after all.
Give it a listen:

"Omochi." (in reference to the mochi thing from episode 137

•The band laughs hard at this and says that they're being made fun of again. They say that this was a good one and that a song called "Mochi" sounds cute. RINA says how MAMI's newest signature Fender guitar is named "Omochi."

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who didn't do a song intro, but instead made up an imaginary album and included details such as the title, song names, who wrote the songs, the songs that are the 'singles' or answer songs, and which members are on lead vocals. The band is impressed by this. RINA goes, "They don't work for [our label] Victor, do they?" MAMI reads that the album title is SUNNY. TOMO says that it sounds like something they'd do. RINA says that that was the name of an old dance group she was in, which makes the others laugh. MAMI then says that the listener wrote 10 song titles. The first song is the title song of the album: "ブラックダイヤモンド" (Black Diamond). The band laughs really hard at this. Apparently, it's also the answer song to "Ceramic Blue." Before MAMI reads the name of the second song, she pauses and goes, "Uwa, wait a minute!" This makes the others laugh and wonder why she's saying that. The second song is a single which is titled "ガールズバンド" (All-Girl Band) with lyrics by RINA and music by MAMI. They laugh and say that would definitely be the case. HARU says that the listener probably came up with that since SCANDAL's close to breaking the all-girl band Guinness World Record. TOMO says that it could be a song that's about returning to their roots right before the record's broken. The third song is also a single, and is titled "ほのかな君の甘いメロディ" (Honoka na Kimi no Amai Melody; Your Faint, Sweet Melody) with lyrics by RINA, music by MAMI. The contracted title would be either "HonoKimi" or "HonoMelo." The fourth song is titled "Distance" with lyrics by HARU. They laugh and RINA says that it totally sounds like a HARU song. HARU even says that she thought she'd be the writer as well. The fifth song is titled "タバコ" (Cigarettes) with lyrics by RINA. RINA says that she'll totally write this song. MAMI says that the listener's giving them ideas.

•The sixth song is titled "プリンな感じ" (Purin na Kanji; Feels Like Pudding) with TOMO on main vocals and lyrics written by her as well. TOMO says that she might not be able to write a song like that. The seventh song is titled "ドライブする" (Drive Suru; Driving) with lyrics by RINA and music by TOMO. The band goes, "Aahh, that's totally possible." RINA says they probably got the idea since RINA's been talking about getting her driver's license recently a lot. The eighth song is "それが恋なのさ" (Sore ga Koi na no sa; So This Is What Love Is) with MAMI on lead vocals and lyrics by her as well. TOMO and RINA say it sounds possible. The ninth song is titled "アップルホリデー" (Apple Holiday) with lyrics and music by MAMI. They say that they can picture that happening. The tenth and last song is titled "SCANDALロード" (SCANDAL Road) with lyrics by RINA, music by MAMI. They laugh and RINA says that the license thing is kind of getting drawn out too much. They say that it was impressive the listener did this and wonder how long it took them to think up of all of it. They also say that they had no idea people would take this segment to this kind of length, and say to continue to send in any song titles that sound like they could be SCANDAL songs.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 151

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 5816u7c
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 25 0O3wYai

•No blog post about this episode was posted beforehand. Guess they forgot to write one lol

•HARU reads the first message from a listener who writes hello to both the band and the radio program director Ono. The listener says that they're probably wondering why they addressed Ono as well, and that they did so because they have a story that they'd like for him to hear too. They bring up how during the Mystery Tour last year, Ono said to everyone that they should exchange contact info with the people they were grouped up with. The listener got the courage to ask this particular person in their group and then hung out together afterwards. They also attended BEST Xmas together where they got to see Ono yet again. Then, the day after on Christmas, the two of them started dating. They both wanted to tell the band and Ono about this, which is why they sent in the message. They also say that there's actually another coincidence that happened back in October 2020 when there was a fan club-only screening event in theaters to watch the Kiss from the darkness livestream before it came out on Blu-ray/DVD with only a few people being selected to attend. It turns out that they both had won entry and sat in back/front of each other. The band congratulates them and TOMO thanks Ono, who laughs at that. They say that at first Ono wasn't going to make an appearance on stage at the Mystery Tour, and it was only decided on the day of. They say that this whole thing was truly all about fate. TOMO says that she wants to give them all the sweets, which the others laugh at.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who has been dating their boyfriend for three years and living with him for two years. He said that he'll likely have to move to Tokyo since he's being transferred there in April. The listener is 28 while the bf is 25, and the listener would like to get married eventually to him. The bf also wants to get married, but ideally when he's 30--he apparently wants to play around a little more without being tied down. The listener says that they don't want to tie him down too much, but they're wondering if it's okay to follow him to Tokyo without promising to get married to each other yet. The listener says that they don't want to be separated from him so they want to go with him, but they also like their job and are enjoying it = they don't want to quit. The bf says that he doesn't really mind if listener stays where they are or goes with him to Tokyo. They ask the band for their opinion. The band basically says that the listener probably would have been more inclined to go if the bf had asked them to go with him, but since he didn't, the listener has a choice in what to do. Since they like their job, the band says that they don't think they need to give it up for this. They could stay behind for now and perhaps decide later if moving is something they'd want to do, and to not worry about age since they're both still young.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who basically asks how the crowds are like at SCANDAL's overseas concerts. They mention how the crowds in Japan almost all do the same thing and it's like the entire venue is unified. They think that it's due to the collectivism (fitting in with others) that is unique to Japanese people. They also ask if there's a big difference due to how people eat and drink at concerts overseas. The band says that it's completely different overseas, and agree that pretty much the entire audience does the same kind of thing, which they say is impressive. They also mention that people do eat and drink (usually alcohol) while watching concerts, and there are also servers that are walking around. MAMI says that there are specific spaces that have tables to sit down and eat/drink at, and that the overseas crowds are more rough around the edges + have fun however they'd like. RINA says that everyone doing their own kind of thing gives a sense of unity, in a sense. They say that everyone's free to do whatever they want. A staffer asks a few things to them, such as if photo/videos are allowed overseas. The band says they are. The staffer then asks if there are people who mainly focus on recording and not enjoying the show. The band says that that's not quite the case (lol nah, I can definitely think of some who fit the bill 🤡), and that usually it looks like having fun comes first and recording is secondary. They say that you're free to enjoy yourself/have fun however you'd like.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who is a "silent listener" who has been listening to "Catch up" from the beginning and is sending in a message for the first time. They say that they've lived in the Kanto region since they were born, and that ever since liking SCANDAL they've admired Nagoya. They also can't help but wonder what kind of place Mie is (referring to how they talked about in a previous episode that Mie can be considered to be part of several different regions). The band wonders if the listener has ever been to Nagoya before, and that they can't really help out with the Mie thing since they don't really know either. They do know that there are a bunch of fun places like amusement parks and such, though.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener whom she says is in their teens; however, they are writing in for the "Life before SCANDAL segment" where people talk about their favorite bands before discovering SCANDAL. The band is really surprised since the listener is still only in their teens. The listener says that they got hooked on SCANDAL last year, and that their favorite bands before that were Fuji Fabric and Akai Koen. In particular, they listened to Fuji Fabric since their mom also listened to them. They ask SCANDAL if there are any artists that they've been a fan of since they were kids. TOMO says that her parents love Keisuke Kuwata and so she's been listening to him ever since she was little. CHARA's another one, although she wasn't that young when she first started listening to her. MAMI says that she's been listening to JUDY AND MARY and THE BLUE HEARTS since elementary school [because of her mom]. HARU says that for her it might be Hikaru Utada. RINA says that mothers/parents have a big effect on them in this regard. The others immediately agree. MAMI says that they'd have music playing at home and in the car, after all. RINA says that it's YUKI and Ayumi Hamasaki for her, and that she still likes them and thinks they're amazing even now. HARU wonders how young the youngest people listening to their music are right now. TOMO reminds them of how there was a five year old at their Paris concert (she's also briefly featured in the MIRROR documentary).

•As they're about to close out the episode, they're told they have one more message to read. MAMI reads the message from a listener who wrote in for the Power Word Awards and says that a definite contender happened during episode 118 when HARU said, "Its name...what is its name?" when asked what her childhood pet turtle's name was. The band laughs at this. The listener then says how they have a cat and it's impossible to live with it without calling it by its name. They ask if the turtle did have a name after all. HARU says it didn't have a name and was referred to as "Kame-chan" (Turtle-chan). They laugh at this and RINA says that was cold to not give it a name. HARU says that they didn't give it a name when they first got it, and so the timing to name it kind of slipped away.

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's my nature to just watch and listen at a concert. I want to absorb as much information as possible. But Scandal from the very beginning has been a band that encourages audience participation. It's a way to form a bond between the audience and the band. For me to just stand there and not participate, to me, seems to border on rudeness. So I participate more out of politeness than from some personal urge.
But as I prepared to write this, I had to reconsider my point of view. It's not just that Scandal wants to form a bond, they want the energy they put out to be reflected back, not absorbed. They want it magnified and returned a hundredfold.
Nothing would give them more satisfaction than to turn the crowd into a mass of humanity all in a sweaty trance, thrusting their arms forward like casting an energy beam at the stage.
I'm not sure I can get to that point, ha ha, but I'll try a bit harder next time to reflect some good vibes back.
Overall, I'd say the overseas fans react in a way that's more..not sincere, that's too harsh and unfair...but more spontaneous? Is that accurate? Like, they cheer because they can't help it, instead of because they want to encourage the band. I dunno. It's not good to make generalizations, is it. I mean in general.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I want to send them a message for the "Life before SCANDAL segment"... but how do they call that segment in Japanese??

Again, thanks for the translated summaries TGE!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.