You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I also watched the stream 3 times. I am not a KFTD fan but it was nice to hear the new songs. I also liked Spice and the old songs.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 Alairas3
Back to top Go down
komochin

komochin

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

I was absolutely ecstatic at being able to watch my first scandal concert live, especially since they will probably never tour to Australia (unless a miracle occurs?) and I ended up rewatching the concert 4 times. I was so excited to see SPICE and living in the city performed live, and I really enjoyed listening to haruna belt out saishu heiki, kimi without the autotune. And mami's extended solo during neon town escape was just... so good. 
It was quite heart-wrenching to see them, esp. haruna, call out to the audience but receive a dead silence (there were so many times i wished my cheers could project across to them  SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 1f622 ) but I also really appreciate that they still did it + seeing them often stare at the live chat made me feel better. I really hope they get to play in-person lives again, even if it means no more livestreams for international fans haha

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
komochin wrote:And mami's extended solo during neon town escape was just... so good. 

I forgot to mention in my observation post that I too really enjoyed Mami's extended solo in NEON TOWN ESCAPE.  I think this is may be the longest solo break she has ever taken live (or at least since playing BURN at Budokan), and I wish she would improvise more from what's on the albums.

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The concert was awesome and the set list was absolutely amazing! probably going to be one of if not my favorite live they have done. 

The acoustic set was so good and surprising, and like someone said before already, Tomomi turning on the lamp added a really nice and intimate feel to the set. 

Flashback no5 AND Freedom Fighters!? My jaw dropped hearing those lol. I guess this is the perks of going to their domestic live shows. 

That last solo in the end of NEON TOKYO ESCAPE was soooo cool. Go Mami!

Don Dio wrote:They didn't play Hachigatsu.  I thought this was the only time they ever play that song

Yeah I was kinda surprised about that too, i was really hoping for it. But I think they were mostly focusing more on the KFTD live set than an anniversary live. Though it still would've made it alot more special if they have included the song IMO. maybe have added it to the acoustic set.

Besides Mabataki and 8gatsu not being in the set, the concert and set lists were absolutely amazing. I hope this isn't the only livestream concert they are willing to do.

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

That was an amazing show! I laughed and cried and danced around the room.

I really liked the way the band interacted with the crowd even though the crowd wasn't there. Haruna's MC's are so warm and personable, and during the acoustic set, it felt so intimate like I was sitting in the living room with them.

The mix of music from soft ballads to (semi)hard rock is a real rarity and showcased the abilities of this great band. They still look like young kids, but they have always played with such maturity.

I hope a Blu-ray is coming soon to add to my collection. I watched the stream 4 times, but that is not enough. 

Besides, I need to give them more money. While I believe the band is OK, I fear for their staff and roadies. It makes me sad that the Feedback store is closing, but I'm afraid that's a sign of the times. I know the band has built up this whole industry around them and I'm sure they are loyal to everyone, but loyalty won't pay the bills.

I wonder if they knew how prophetic it would be when they named Kiss from the Darkness? Like pretty much everyone else, I have nothing to do and nowhere to go. This music, this album, this show has truly been the kiss of light in a dark year.

頑張って! ありがとうございました。

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Yeah, Neon Town Escape. Rina brought the funk on that one. Really good feel to the drumming. Great solo, going off-script was great. The acoustic set was great as well. One thing, I think they might have benefited from blazing loud monitors. Some sound guys keep the monitors at a minimum so they don't bleed into the mix, but I'd rather hear tight harmony than a flawless mix. I remember seeing a video where they were the opening act for someone. The back of the stage was made of shipping containers, and the monitors were set up for the main act, ie. loud loud. The harmony was spot on. So, they can definitely deliver the goods under the right conditions. As for the opening song, I think they pick the first song to set a sort of theme for the show, in this case diving into the unknown, uncertain future, etc. KFTD opens with "Tonight" to set the theme of doing more, feeling more, branching out from the usual song styles. As for Mami's now famous guitar flub, you live by the Finger Ease, you die by the Finger Ease, ha ha. Or maybe she's just branching out into free-form jazz. Cool either way.
I wish they'd played more to the camera. That's where we all were, not out in the seats, but I understand the reason. They just played it like a real show. But if they'd played the whole show like they did the last few minutes, wow. That would have been really cool.
Overall, that was a top class show. It would have been stunning in real life, unforgettable.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Don Dio wrote:I forgot to mention in my observation post that I too really enjoyed Mami's extended solo in NEON TOWN ESCAPE.  I think this is may be the longest solo break she has ever taken live (or at least since playing BURN at Budokan), and I wish she would improvise more from what's on the albums.

That I totally agree. Here’s hoping to more of this!

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Blu-Ray coming in November  .dies.

(With the expected special editions that include CDs, photobooks, etc, as well as pre-order bonuses with stickers and posters)

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 Sig10
Back to top Go down
Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:Blu-Ray coming in November  .dies.

(With the expected special editions that include CDs, photobooks, etc, as well as pre-order bonuses with stickers and posters)

Already for sale at CDJapan:

DVD Regular Edition

DVD Limited Edition w/ CD

Blu-Ray Regular Edition 

Blu-Ray Limited Edition w/ CD

Very happy they are doing this, Ordered a limited edition blu-ray.

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
What a mask case means? Something like a folders? And visual sheet from Amazon?

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Meph1766 wrote:What a mask case means? Something like a folders? And visual sheet from Amazon?

Think of what you store eyeglasses in, a calm shell design is what I find for mask cases.

The other item is detailed here:
https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/News/A026399/138.html

Last edited by Alxa on Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Alxa wrote:
Meph1766 wrote:What a mask case means? Something like a folders? And visual sheet from Amazon?

Think of what you store eyeglasses in, a calm shell design is what I find for mask cases.

The other item is detailed here:
https://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/News/A026399/138.html

Think of it as a regular "surgical disposable mask sized clear file" instead, they used to give these out with mask sales even before covid. In the bonus item photo, bottom left they show the designed if it was opened fully.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 Scanda10

Let me clear up the bonus:

All packages come with Video DVD or Bluray and all include the CD.

The first press bonus is the photo booklet and for early orders the mask holder. (until Oct 5th or when it runs out)

For bonus items Amazon you get a "visual sheet" i.e. oversized cover, the other stores the bonus item are stickers.

Be aware that some stores sale the DVD or Blu-ray without the retailer bonus or mask holder bonus

i.e. Amazon

初回限定盤予約キャンペーン特典は付きません = first press no campaign bonus.

W特典/初回限定盤予約キャンペーン特典 : オリジナルマスクケース および Amazon.co.jp限定特典 : ビジュアルシート 付 = wide privilege, first press campaign, mask case and amazon bonus "visual sheet"

The different colour stickers are per different retailer, with Amazon doing a "visual sheet" oversize cover (there are NO posters).

Last edited by wildthing on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:09 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@wildthing would you know if the photo booklets from both the DVD and Blu-Ray editions the same?

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Steadystate wrote:@wildthing would you know if the photo booklets from both the DVD and Blu-Ray editions the same?

I would assume its the same, otherwise they would of advertised it to entice the fans to get both versions Happy

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Do we know what's the content of the CD?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Please direct all further DVD talk to this thread:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15201-scandal-live-blu-raydvdscandal-world-tour-2020-kiss-from-the-darkness-livestream

victor_survive wrote:Do we know what's the content of the CD?

It's audio of all 21 songs they played during the livestream.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
etwee wrote:
hogradish wrote:I was guessing 5000 total, but yeah it's probably more like 5000 easy in Japan, but I think more like 2000 for the rest of the world. Regardless, it's less than a world tour, for sure. Maybe equal to the Europe/North America leg. I hope this doesn't end up as "the year nothing but cup noodle" for them, ha ha. Buy that merch, folks!
We'll probably never find out the attendance 

Yeah probably never. Though, it does say here the livestream was viewed from 52 countries. Really heartwarming to know we all shared that "live" experience with folks from 51 other countries. 

.clap.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (9 votes)

We've added English subs for all of SCANDAL's MCs during their livestream! (*Audio only; no video clips)

Please support the band and pick up a copy of the upcoming DVD:

Blu-ray Regular Edition 

Blu-ray Limited Edition w/ CD + Photo Booklet

DVD Regular Edition

DVD Limited Edition w/ CD + Photo Booklet

#front-page

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
"Hey Guys" has somehow officially become the Overseas Viewer Summoning Spell of the internet.

Thanks for the subs, tge  .love.

Back to top Go down
zappato

zappato

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the subs  .hail.

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

I took a long time to finally get to do it, but I wanted to share my thoughts, as a recent fan (since 26th March 2020), on this livestream ! First of all, I was excited at the first announce for the tickets. Then my excitement slowly transformed into fear of not being able to see it as July passed without any news, but then they announced the tickets for overseas fans and my fear transformed back into excitement haha, but then I couldn't pay the ticket with my credit card and took quite some time to finally dare asking my parents to pay it for me sdfjdh. I guess it was harder than expected for them to actually set everything up correctly on a second server in a different country.

I watched the livestream with a bit of delay, like 10 minutes I think. I remember setting Image as an alarm haha. My greatest expections from the livestream were a long setlist, most of KFTD songs being played, the two new singles as well, and Haruna to make a good vocal performance. Looks like all my expectations were filled ! Haruna still had a few slightly wrong notes, but she overall made a great effort.
Singing and entertaining fans for two hours is hard. The voice is still the hardest instrument you will ever learn in my opinion. As a matter of fact, until a few months ago I used to plug two amps (one for guitar, one for music and mic) and make 2h/2h20 Muse setlists in my room. And it's hard, it's hard to get to sound correctly for each song, and I don't even have the pressure of cameras nor of the audience. I've never taken any lessons, but I still have a bit of trouble putting the right constant effort for each line I sing. The place of each song in the setlist is also super important. I won't sing Micro Cuts by Muse at the end of a setlist as well as if I sing it on its beginning. And I think Haruna managed to keep a constant strength throughout the whole gig, and that's a nice effort from her. Of course, pitch corrector and volume "normalisation" (idk if I'm using the correct word here) will do the rest of the job to make it sound even better, but I think her performance is overall pretty good.

I was also super glad that they played 10 songs out of 12 from KFTD, I was expecting like 5 or 6 songs.
Ceramic Blue may have seemed like an odd way to start, but I personally think it was an interesting choice. If I remember well, Scandal wanted to communicate the feelings of the "normal", common people they are, and learned to show their bad, sadder side with this album. I think that musically speaking, Ceramic Blue, its melody, the background noises at the end of the song... That has... a cold feeling. But warm too, Haruna's voice feels warmer, but the melody feels colder, that's really tricky to describe. Ceramic Blue sounds like a good way to welcome you to the darkness, and kiss your soul as you step in it. I don't know if I made my point of view clear xD. Introducing us to a gig with a song that sounds like the idea of the album they're promoting was a good idea. I still need to read the lyrics translation from this album by the way. But on the melodic point of view, this is how I felt Ceramic Blue being the set opener.
Mabataki kinda has the same feeling, because of the lyrics/melody contrast especially, but it doesn't hit you in the feelings as straightforward as Ceramic Blue does. Furthermore, it starts more progressively than Mabataki (Haruna and her guitar only), and it shows Scandal's dominent Rock side, so that was the right song to go for in my opinion.

My favorites moments of the gig : extended Neon Town Escape of course ! I just love this song, if feels sexy, it slides on your skin and softly catches your soul by the arm. I have no idea how to dance, but it makes me want to express some precious feelings that I can't even understand nor describe through some non-calculated, fuzzy moves. Making it extended intensified the Jazz side of the song, and its power as well. As Mami-san was soloing I was transported further away, deeper in that sweet cocoon where I'm Scandal makes me feel good.
Kagen No Tsuki coming right after was literally the icing on the cake, I love that song so much, and I love that look Mami gave to the camera at the end of  her singing part in the second verse. Well, you know what ? I'll make a gif of it haha !
The acoustic set was a happy surprise as well, it felt intimate and warm, it felt like we were all sitting close, all around them, holding our heads with our two hands and stars in the eyes haha, I felt closer from them while actually being in front of my computer screen, it was wonderful. LaundryLaundry was, ahh delightful, such a delight, lord. It was so on point, and Mami smiling as she sang with Haruna the synth part (what a good artistic choice by the way !) made the performance close to perfection, even perfect actually. Like, you could feel and hear Mami was smiling, I love that especially. It was just so good, nothing more to say, it was amazing.
I think I can add Flashback No. 5 as one of the coolest moments of the livestream, since I've rarely listened to this one. Seeing it live (well sort of lol) made me rediscover the song, and now I enjoy it and its energy even more. This as well reminded me that I need to listen to their b-sides more !
Oh and, special mention to Mami bursting into laughter from her A.M.D.K.J. mistake, Tomomi holding back her tears during Yoake No Ryuuseigun, it made me shed a tear as well... A tear of happiness :3 And of course Scandal Baby, the setlist classic and the funny second verse when Mami and Tomomi always manage to make Haruna laugh. The idea of the visor was hilarious !

Only regrets on the setlist : would've loved for more Honey songs, Oh ! No ! and Mado Wo Aketara especially, those two hold a special place in my heart, one for being sang by Mami-san, and another one for feeling in deep connexion with the mood and the lyrics of it. Also expected Hachi Gatsu to be played, but we got Chiisana Honoo instead so I'm fine haha.
Not surprised by the absence of songs like Doll, Standard or Everbody Say Yeah !, since even if those are their setlist staples, they require a heavy crowd interaction which they couldn't really get to hear, just to read. So it made sense to kick these bangers out of the setlist, and hey, we can't have all of their discography in a single gig xD ! Having a 2h-long setlist was already kind of a super cool surprise, and I had such a blast. Besides, the venue felt like a good choice in terms of sound.
Hope we'll be able to give them and the staff a round of applause and cheering as soon as possible. I miss them while I never actually saw them live or even got close to get noticed by them from a message or something... Strange, ne ? I guess I really needed them, the messages they write in their songs and their melodies to face my hard times, and I hope I'll be able to personally thank them for their hard work and the way they sort of helped someday.

Finally, I truly hope we'll get to see more KFTD era gigs. I understand better why they said it was probably their best tour to come, and I felt even more regretful that they couldn't get it to happen. They've really put a good effort on the visuals, the setlist, trying to bring something new and intimate with the acoustic set...
Which makes me want to say as well, that recording it for a live release was predictable, and once again, a good choice. They've set up the whole thing so well, in terms of cameras, sounds, visuals etc, as Rina said, it was so good that it had to become a release. I won't repeat myself on what I said in the release topic, but I'm really, really wondering how they'll edit it. No crowd feels like a shame, but it'll be a room for a more precise instrumental and vocal mixing, maybe a more intimate-like too. I also wonder how they'll incorporate the live chat in the video, I hope they'll recreate the deep crowd/band interaction their gigs are famous for with that.

I'm ready for more, and will sure follow this band for a long time. This was my first Scandal experience if I can say so, the limited edition blu-ray is the first investment related to Scandal I make, the first Scandal gig I was actually able to catch as it happened, so it felt really special to me, just like Masterpiece is to them (and to me, since it's the first song I've listened from them). Anyway, that's way too much of a gig review, no ? Hope my "novel" was relevant enough lol, I'm sorry if it wasn't. I feel like this forum is a haven of peace, I feel in security and welcome in this peaceful fandom, so I felt like I could express lots of feelings without going too too personnal... Thank you for reading if you did read it to the end of it ~

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
We've added English subs for all of SCANDAL's MCs during their livestream! (*Audio only; no video clips)
i will make a .srt file. should i share it here once it's done ?

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Electric Mami wrote:I'm ready for more, and will sure follow this band for a long time. This was my first Scandal experience if I can say so, the limited edition blu-ray is the first investment related to Scandal I make, the first Scandal gig I was actually able to catch as it happened, so it felt really special to me, just like Masterpiece is to them (and to me, since it's the first song I've listened from them).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings so candidly with the rest of us here! Hope you have many more special moments with Scandal to come, they're going to be around a long time more  SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 8 1f600

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Electric Mami wrote:i will make a .srt file. should i share it here once it's done ?

Please don't. As this was a paid livestream and will also be released on DVD, it's considered an official release and download links to anything pertaining to them should not be posted.

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Please don't. As this was a paid livestream and will also be released on DVD, it's considered an official release and download links to anything pertaining to them should not be posted.
Yes, that's correct... I just needed to be sure. Won't post it then.Thanks for answering !

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Electric Mami wrote:I was also super glad that they played 10 songs out of 12 from KFTD, I was expecting like 5 or 6 songs.
I think they play everything or almost everything on a current album when they do a  Japan tour in connection with a release. When they've gone overseas the setlist has been different—heavy on "greatest hits." This time we got to see what the home fans see—a primo treat for those of us who will never get to see them in Japan. And the "hits" they did choose were another great surprise. I'd moaned to friends who were planning to watch the livestream— "I wish they would, but they certainly won't play Kagen no tsuki"—

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.