You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

New fan from North Carolina finally joining SH!
Posted Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:27 am

ziptie

ziptie

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hey y’all I figured it’s about time I made an account here since Scandal has been my favorite band these past couple years. 

I watched an anime back in 2021 that got down the path to J-rock, which quickly led me to Scandal. The first album I listened to was Kiss from the Darkness and I was immediately hooked by Tonight and Masterpiece, and when I heard AMDKJ I knew I was listening to something special and needed more. Since then I’ve listened to a few more Japanese bands, saw Scandal in Toronto in 2022, saw Band-Maid in North Carolina in 2023, and Scandal still remains my favorite band. 

Late 2022 I watched another anime (that’s where I got zip tie) and was inspired to learn the electric bass. I always enjoyed Scandal’s bass lines but now I’m starting to appreciate them on a deeper level. It’s as if I get to experience Scandal’s discography for the first time all over again. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and I hope to be an active part of this community. And if you’re in my neck of the woods feel free to reach out. I’d love to talk Scandal over a cup of coffee. 

-Isaac

Last edited by ziptie on Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Hi !

Welcome to SH Happy

Well I am not walking all the way from England to the USA although my wife's family live in New York.

I was lucky enough to come across Scandal way back at the beginning although I thought they were a live action version of K-On Happy

I was lucky enough to see them live in London back in 2015 and yes they are awesome live.

Oh and I play Bass guitar as well although I am old and started in the 60's but fell in love with Japan back in the 1980's.

Hope you have fun here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

I discovered SCANDAL through Bleach, despite having some classics themes I think they deserve more opportunities in animes. It's cool that "Line of sight" is related to Gundam.

Well, I "attended" a few of the band's shows before, although all of them were livestreams. I'm really happy to be able to see them in person in a few weeks.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Hi Isaac and welcome to SH.

I found Scandal, while listening to Band-Maid on Youtube and they soon came my fave J-Rock band.

Kiss from the Darkness is such a brilliant Album, I am glad I managed to get it on Lp  when I came out.

I from Scotland so if  I ever pass by your area, I will have a bottle of whiskey for the coffee. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

Back to top Go down
ziptie

ziptie

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the warm welcome. I got into Scandal after watching K-On too. Band-Maid is up there (also Polkadot Stingray and Tricot) in my rotation, and I've recently gotten into city pop and jazzy covers of video game soundtracks. I'm also listening to an anime band - Kessoku Band - a lot these days.

I've been learning bass for almost seven months now and am starting to tackle some Scandal bass covers. Right now I'm relying on tabs, but I'm going to start to learn how to read charts and lead sheets because there are some local jam nights that I'd like to attend. I also just signed up for my first bass lesson - it'll be Friday 30th. I'm nervous and excited for that.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Scandal (and maybe anime too) has been an overall good thing for me. I've been working for almost a decade now and life is good, but mundane. Now I'm inspired excited for this musical journey I never thought I'd be going on. 

Oh and also I had a tough time deciding whether my avatar should be Tomo or Mami, but seems I've made my decision.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@ziptie

Oh dear you picked the wrong avatar......only joking Happy

I liked Tomomi best from the start as she was a bass player like me and I love her voice.....but I like all the girls.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ziptie

ziptie

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have a Yamaha bass at the moment, but saw the Squire 40th anniversary basses have been on sale in my area, so I just ordered one of the p-basses for about $300USD. Hopefully that and 16 years of dedicated practice gets me closer to playing like Tomomi! Unfortunately the j-bass I wanted wasn't on sale.

Maybe I'll post a picture of it when it arrives. Just wondering what part of the forum it should go into.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum