You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto debuted at #7 on the Oricon Daily Single Ranking Chart for October 3rd.

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 9ox5OC0

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2023-10-03/

It dropped to #10 on October 4th.

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 PXqubfW

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2023-10-04/

Then it ranked #20 on October 5th.

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 CHHlT1v

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2023-10-05/p/2/

After dropping from the top 30 for a few days, it reappeared at #27 on October 8th.

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 NWC20Qt

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2023-10-08/p/3/

#front-page #highlight

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Already have it on my facebook  Happy

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Just got the CD + Bluray delivered.

the bonus is a very nice picture.

I like how different the two songs are.  Got it in my player on repeat.

Back to top Go down
harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
It says in the video description that Hidenobu Tanabe directed the video.

The director is like a legend, with such extensive portfolio.

About the single, this jazzy vibe is so cool.

I love Haruna's vocals on both songs. Could listen to her "tu-ru-rus" all day.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 
Back to top Go down

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
Candy's grown on me a lot now that I can hear it in full quality. Though I do prefer Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto myself, I can see both Candy and Vision being played at concerts more than their respective A-sides, in the long run. Candy's got a great singalong quality to it; I can picture it being extended like さよならMy Friend was at the 10th anniversary show.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hey, look! It's climbed back up to #27 after dropping out of the top 30 for a couple of days. Good news. Maybe it's the well-timed tour, or maybe it's something else, but it's good if a single can recover the recording costs a bit. It makes putting out an album much cheaper. That way, Scandal can continue on even with less than spectacular sales. By the way, when I was a kid, singles were a buck. 

Also, if anyone is interested, I've made a very rough estimate of the recording costs for a single. I will put it in the following spoiler, as it's only a guess.
Spoiler:

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : latest price list)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hogradish wrote:Hey, look! It's climbed back up to #27 after dropping out of the top 30 for a couple of days. Good news. Maybe it's the well-timed tour, or maybe it's something else, but it's good if a single can recover the recording costs a bit. It makes putting out an album much cheaper. That way, Scandal can continue on even with less than spectacular sales. By the way, when I was a kid, singles were a buck. 

Also, if anyone is interested, I've made a very rough estimate of the recording costs for a single. I will put it in the following spoiler, as it's only a guess.
Spoiler:

Plus the costs of the music video production.

And then we have streaming services, digital downloads, YouTube views, which I don't know how they work as a whole.

I wonder how the latest singles numbers compare to those from MIRROR.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 2705 
Back to top Go down

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
Generally speaking, singles are not expected to make money these days; they're loss leaders. In fact, most labels treat albums as loss leaders, too. The dominance of streaming means recorded music makes next to no money at the best of times. It used to be your toured to promote an album, but now you make an album to promote a tour. Both artists and labels now rely mostly on ticket sales and merchandising to make their money. Considering how much Scandal tour, and how heavily they promote their merchandise, I expect they're no exception.

So, I wouldn't worry much about how it does in the charts. At least financially, chart positions don't mean much now.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@SJM

Yes it has all changed, I was in local groups in the 60's and 70's and only record sales mattered and some people sold millions.

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not sure that's as true in Japan. They still sell a lot of CDs there, and the retail cost is quite high, as you've noticed. So I think a ten buck single is going to bring in more than one might imagine.
Also, I updated the prices in the above post to match the latest price list from Sound Arts. You can browse their website here: https://www.soundarts.jp/price/

Last edited by hogradish on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link to sound arts website, spelling)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto debuted at #8 on the Oricon Weekly Single chart for the week of October 2-8, with approximately 4,609 copies sold.

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 XXKU5BZ

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2023-10-16/

#front-page #highlight

29th Single - 「Highlight no Naka de Bokura Zutto」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's interesting how they made it into the top ten with half the first week sales of previous releases. Either the sale of digital copies is starting to overtake the sale of physical copies like in the rest of the world, or sales are down over the board, like maybe the pandemic eliminated a lot of jobs for people the  right age to buy music. Entry level jobs are typically occupied by folks in their teens and twenties, and a lot of places like cafes, small shops, and so on, went out of business. There might be less discretionary spending going on.
I think chart position is important in determining how much radio airplay a song gets, and how it's displayed in record stores, both of which help increase sales, and helps the public awareness of a band. I'm really happy Scandal has stayed up there in the charts and visible.
Also, I agree with SJM that the money's in live shows and merch, but that doesn't mean it's not good to recover as much of the recording costs as possible, right?

Last edited by hogradish on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : acknowledging another viewpoint)

Back to top Go down
harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This is the highest ranking single since "Masterpiece" (7th). 

The strong fan base keeps them going.

"Line of sight" at 21st ranked very low for the SCANDAL standard, it kind of surprised me.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The single is currently shown as being in the charts for 3 weeks, so I'm guessing this week it's somewhere between 51 and 200, the part you have to pay to see. I'd like to see 5 weeks, but that may be wishful thinking. Fingers crossed.

Also, did you all notice the short clips of the music video that featured the band members individually? I've seen fan vids on YouTube of lives with just one band member featured, and I think a solo cam version of a livestream would be a cool extra. Like pay 45 bucks for the livestream, and pay an extra 10 bucks for the Mami-cam version to watch on demand later. Maybe a solo cam bundle for 35 bucks. They could totally do that, I think. Maybe not the whole show, like maybe 3 songs or something.
What do YOU think?

Last edited by hogradish on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : solo cam paragraph)

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
harurob wrote:"Line of sight" at 21st ranked very low for the SCANDAL standard, it kind of surprised me.

Could that be because it was featured in a gundam vid game, so people would hear it all the time anyway? We'd hope & suppose they made a few yen along with that exposure

Back to top Go down

SJM

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:I think a solo cam version of a livestream would be a cool extra. Like pay 45 bucks for the livestream, and pay an extra 10 bucks for the Mami-cam version to watch on demand later. Maybe a solo cam bundle for 35 bucks. They could totally do that, I think. Maybe not the whole show, like maybe 3 songs or something.

I really like on the First Live DVD, it uses the multiple angles option to single out each member during 少女S. In 24-ish years it's the first and only DVD I've had which actually uses the multi-angle function which was so heavily advertised when DVDs were introduced! It's a cheap thrill.

It's not hard to include, either, assuming a performance is filmed with at least four cameras; there are usually five or six. However, I don't think I'd ever actually pay specifically for it. It's the sort of thing I would watch for a bit if I wanted to see exactly what it was Mami or Tomomi were playing, but I probably wouldn't watch a whole song like that, let alone a whole gig. But as a bonus on a DVD or blu-ray, it's fun to enable for a little while.

Back to top Go down
harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
etwee wrote:
harurob wrote:"Line of sight" at 21st ranked very low for the SCANDAL standard, it kind of surprised me.

Could that be because it was featured in a gundam vid game, so people would hear it all the time anyway? We'd hope & suppose they made a few yen along with that exposure

Maybe it has to do with the fact that the song was made available on streaming 2 months earlier, so when the single was released it didn't have the same anticipation as before.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
hogradish wrote:Also, if anyone is interested, I've made a very rough estimate of the recording costs for a single. I will put it in the following spoiler, as it's only a guess.
[spoiler]

I'm a little late to this part of the conversation, but I think the guesstimate is way off.  The cost for a sound mixer alone in Los Angeles is $300-500 an hour!  

I realize this isn't the rate where they recorded in Japan, but based on my experience managing foreign language dubbing and mixing for TV and movies, Japan is two to three times more expensive than any other territory, which would put it closer to US rates (although they are much higher in certain areas of production).

My guess is a single song will be closer to $10,000 to record and mix (on the low end).  Mastering and packaging would be extra.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hi Don,
Fifteen hundred for a ten hour block in Sound Arts big studio, and $300/day for their house engineer. How would you price the extras? Like the producer/arranger, the amount of time to record, the guys hauling and setting up the gear, a favorite engineer, etc.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
hogradish wrote:Hi Don,
Fifteen hundred for a ten hour block in Sound Arts big studio, and $300/day for their house engineer. How would you price the extras? Like the producer/arranger, the amount of time to record, the guys hauling and setting up the gear, a favorite engineer, etc.

I'd have no idea how to price out the extras.  It all depends on what the talent wants, who they want to work, and where they plan to do it all.

I can guess the catering bill is going to be a couple hundred dollars a day.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.