Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL Instruments Thread
Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:31 am

~KaKouYi~

Banned
Banned
porcupine_tree wrote:
~KaKouYi~ wrote:shouldn't fender will post this on their site? i mean if they specially made some guitar for artist they will post the info of the guitar on their site eh??... hhmmm.. going to search it out..

Unfortunately, not every artist that uses Fender equipment can be featured on the official site .sweat. Usually, artists who've endorsed Fender throughout their career and gained prominence in the music industry or are purely exceptional in terms of musical talent are featured more so as to help establish the Fender brand name as a tour de force in music .nerd. SCANDAL still has a very, very loooong way to go but I have no doubt their names will go down in the annals of Fender's storied history, watashi tachima tsute kara , mite mimasho! Nice one

hheeee~~ 楽しみね~XD we'll be expecting that~~

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 am

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://chris87.multiply.com
@Kakouyi: Haha, I hope sooner than later .clap. Btw, is that you in your display pic? If that's so: anata wa totemo kawaiku desu ne! Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:00 pm

~KaKouYi~

Banned
Banned
arigatou gozaimasu da~ XD yeah it's me... hmm... we have the info on foot pad, guitar, gonna search for the amp XD and does any1 know the drum model?? lolx

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:20 pm

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Kakouyi: I knew it! XDD you're really cute, are you of Japanese descent? .smile.
About the amps, I believe they use Marshall amps and cabinets, probably JCM2000 or later variations and Rina-chan uses Tama and Zildjian cymbals (i think) for her drum set; her drumsticks are either Vic Firth or Pearl Dunlop (probably the former since it's lightweight) .nerd. so maybe you can start from there, I hope it's useful to you kakou-chan Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Ne ne ne porcupine,dun use this thread to chase skirts,huh. .common.

Anyways,amps wise i only know that Mami prefers Marshall,and Haruna too,though she sometimes have some Orange heads and cabinets on stage.Yep,Rina's cymbals are from Zildjian.

Last edited by EugeneAng on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:06 pm

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EugeneAng wrote:Ne ne ne porcupine,dun use this thread to chase skirts,huh. .common.

Anyways,amps wise i only know that Mami prefers Marshall,and Harunat too,though she sometimes have some Orange heads and cabinets on stage.Yep,Rina's cymbals are from Zildjian.

Wakateiru, eugene-san .ehem. Maybe I can start a thread for skirt-chasers then? .evilgrin.
Anyways, I hit it right on the head! Rina-chan does use Zildjian cymbals Nice one I think you might be right about Haru's onstage gear though, because her guitar is lighter and more punkish than Mami's which employs a heavier more rockish sound... in fact, if you listen to some of their performances, Mami incorporates guitar riffs that have a metal bent to them, which I would attribute to the Marshall amps .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:00 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Yes,Marshall amps can be tweaked to get the kind of sound where you can have distortion,chunk and brightness are mixed perfectly,not too much and not too little.The Stratocaster helps a lot too.Say for Mezamashi Live,when Mami plays BEAUTeen!! you can hear that her guitar's really distorted and yet not too much so much so that it becomes metal.Oh,and S.L. Magic too.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:12 pm

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EugeneAng wrote:Yes,Marshall amps can be tweaked to get the kind of sound where you can have distortion,chunk and brightness are mixed perfectly,not too much and not too little.The Stratocaster helps a lot too.Say for Mezamashi Live,when Mami plays BEAUTeen!! you can hear that her guitar's really distorted and yet not too much so much so that it becomes metal.Oh,and S.L. Magic too.

Yup, I agree with you! Mami-chan seems to have better knowledge of creating certain soundscapes with her guitar than Haru-chan who prefers a simpler set-up .smile. Personally, Mami should go with Seymour Duncan pickups for her Strat or Gibson; she'll be rocking the stage even harder than before! .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Haruka

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.formspring.me/TsukiHaru
Man you guys sure know your stuff about all this. I have totally no idea what you guys are talking about although I play the guitar(beginner here)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:25 pm

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Haruka wrote:Man you guys sure know your stuff about all this. I have totally no idea what you guys are talking about although I play the guitar(beginner here)

I'm just crazy about guitar stuff that's all .lol. .lol. Besides, I read Guitar Player Magazine so I get my info from there! Yeah, go read Guitar Player 'cos it may save your life! Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:33 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Haruka:You playing the electric or acoustic,or even classical?

porcupine:For me i'd think Seymour Duncans will be a tad too distorted for SCANDAL's stuff.A few of the more subtle but not so subtle pickups would be nice,say the Samarium Noiseless Cobalt pickups...(Is it in that order,the name?)It's more of a classic devillish tone rather than rough and chunky.Seymour Duncans may not be bright-toned enough too....And Haruna dun need to change a thing,she just veers between distortion and overdrive.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:22 pm

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Eugene: well, like the Americans like to say, "Don't fix what ain't broke" .clap.
On hindsight, Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups could be suitable for Mami-chan's guitar sound; it'll definitely improve the overall quality of their sound and give it that oomph you know? .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:22 am

Haruka

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@porcupine: Ohh~Maybe I will since it sounds interesting =)

@Eugene: I'm playing acoustic now but going to get electric soon

I think I'm going to need your help once I get my electric =x

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:33 am

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
I think the electeric guitar is much more fun than the acoustic one because i dont have an acoustic guitar......

BTW, for all reminders, dont tweak your guitar if you dont fully understand the assembles of it or you end up juz like me before

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:08 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Yes,for the tweaking your guitar part it's best to take it to a technician.

Haruka:Sure!When are you buying,what's your price range,genre,type of sound you want,type of guitar you want etc etc....Tell me all that!I'll help you come up with models to choose from. .clap.

porcupine:Sure will have that oomph!But for now,i think she dunnit to change anything yet.Sounds good enough.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:10 am

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
Eugene, do you got a guitar of you own???

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:20 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
loveharunaono:Uh yeah,i've a Schecter C-1 FR and a Fender American Standard Telecaster.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Haruka

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
EugeneAng wrote:Yes,for the tweaking your guitar part it's best to take it to a technician.

Haruka:Sure!When are you buying,what's your price range,genre,type of sound you want,type of guitar you want etc etc....Tell me all that!I'll help you come up with models to choose from. .clap.

porcupine:Sure will have that oomph!But for now,i think she dunnit to change anything yet.Sounds good enough.

Haha sure~ =) Thx a lot in advance

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:41 pm

azmikun

azmikun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
ow man i want that acoustic guitar but i'm sure it really expensive .whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:02 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
azmikun:If it's a Martin then yeah,it'll be ass-busting expensive.But if that's a Epiphone,i think it's going to be affordable.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:11 pm

azmikun

azmikun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hmm...i need money i need money .fustrated.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
LOL who doesn't?I need a whole bunch of guitar stuff but i dun have enough money...

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:55 pm

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EugeneAng wrote:loveharunaono:Uh yeah,i've a Schecter C-1 FR and a Fender American Standard Telecaster.

Those are killer guitars .wow. you're making my mouth water!
Did you make any mods to your guitars to suit your playing style by any chance? .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Uhm....Nope i didn't,though i pasted a few stickers on my Schecter,does that count as modding? .bleh.

The pickups on the Schecter are Duncan Designed,i'm happy enough with them,lots of output,but i'll get them changed to Seymour Duncans one day.The Tele's making me happy by just listening to its twang... .toj.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:29 am

porcupine_tree

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I guess decorating your Schecter with stickers can be considered modding .lol.
If Mami-chan adorns her Strat with stickers, it's pretty modded in my opinion XD
I love Teles too, I used to play this beautiful Fender Telecaster Deluxe with single coil pickups and tremolo bar at this guitar shop @ City Hall .toj. it felt like I just died .nosebleed. and went straight to guitar heaven .dies.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.