miguelsvx

miguelsvx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
macdyne73 wrote:Gear update. Two new guitars used during the Dreamer Tour

First, Mami's new Italia Maranello Speedster
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Maranellospeedster

More info here. http://www.italiaguitars.com/new/guitar/mar_02.html

Second, Haru's silver Fender Blacktop Telecaster. A beast and a beauty at the same time.
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Fenderblacktoptelesilve

Info here. http://www.fender.com/products/blacktop/models.php?prodNo=014820

I love both of them .smile. but I have to choose one if I want to have it for a christmas present .hmmm. .shy. don't know what to do .wew.

EDIT: Oh my gosh!!! .wtf. It's so expensive!!! .wtf.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Instruments Thread
Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 pm

cherryblossom550

cherryblossom550

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ameblo.jp/christina-chan/
the keyboard that RINA use in the Shoujo M live performance is a Roland Juno-Gi

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Rina110304

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
@cherryblossom:
Unfortunately, you are incorrect. The Juno-Gi is a keyboard Rina bought for herself AFTER the tour.
The one she used for Shoujo M was the Roland Juno-D.
Proof:
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Vlcsnap2011062614h33m20
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Wwwaudiofanzinecomrolan

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 pm

cherryblossom550

cherryblossom550

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
oh im sorry of the confusion SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 968884 thanks for the info

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 am

Aosaru

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
ShiroYuurei wrote:Does Mami has a jaguar or she just "borrowed" it .hmmm.

when PRIDE starts she is changing the guitar
It seems like she does own it. She was using her black/multicolored strat at their AM2 performance, then before they performed Pride, she switched to that guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:03 pm

xKai

xKai

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I suppose Mami have a black guitar something like this
and i was wondering, is this guitar custom made?
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 39334116371430832216917

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

RP

RP

International Performer
International Performer
xKai wrote:I suppose Mami have a black guitar something like this
and i was wondering, is this guitar custom made?
Spoiler:
the guitar? no. its a fender strat american standard. though im not sure if its the black strat which she used in shunkan PV before or a new one. but the decals are surely her design. for more infos, just dig on older posts here. there are sure elaborate infos about this. Onion Tea

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 TOMOMI

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Loadin13

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Userba10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Lexian

Lexian

@xKai & RP:

I remember in an interview that Mami designed the design herself using Adobe Photoshop. Just one of the reasons that Mami has very good artistic skills.
And yes that black strat you see nowadays used to be the black strat in the Shunkan Sentimental PV and the BEST SCANDAL live concert.
It went from Fender American Standard Stratocaster to Fender American Standard Stratocaster -MAMI MODEL-; hence the paint/decal job.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:13 am

SanchitXD

Caless Student
Caless Student
If Mami released guitars with custom decals and some mods they would sell like bandits ....... but I wouldnt be able to afford them cause I had to buy an acoustic for my music course next year .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 pm

cherryblossom550

cherryblossom550

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
[img]SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Untitl11[/img]

TOMO' new bass SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 450165

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
cherryblossom550 wrote:[img]SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 Untitl11[/img]

TOMO' new bass SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 17 450165

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen her with this. Does anyone else have any additional info on this?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:45 am

Lexian

Lexian

All I know is that it is the Fender Coronado II bass guitar that is Cherry colored.
Was used from the late 60s to early 70s but was eventually discontinued.
Hope I helped a bit! Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:47 am

maxp122

maxp122

Caless Student
Caless Student
what original use instrument of member SCANDAL?? .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Lexian

Lexian

Can you rephrase your question because I don't really understand what you're trying to ask. The first instruments they used since starting the band?

Since this is oddly your first post in Scandal-Heaven, I must say welcome to the forum!
Since you're brand-spankin' new here, I suggest making a topic in the Say Hello thread to introduce yourself to the other members:
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/f11-say-hello

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:40 pm

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
chiy102 wrote:This may be a bit out of topic, but I'm refering to Rina's 'snare head charm', so I'll just ask:

Is it common among drummers to mark out the sweet spot on the snare drums? Like what Rina is doing?

Just curious. Onion huh?

I'm a little late to answer this but I'll offer my insight since I am a drummer... Drummers will use just about anything and everything on top of and underneath their drum heads to get the sound they are looking for. Tuning is an art on the durms. In Rina's case I believe she is just being cute since the mallet of her kick pedal always hits in the same spot. Think of it as her way of personalization... like Mami did with her stickered guitar. I remember seeing Stuart Copeland's drum kit up close one tour and noticing he used vinyl electrical tape to dampen the overtones on several of his toms by spelling out words with the tape on the batter head... mind you.... they were quite profane and not suitable to post on this forum...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am

Azfar94

Azfar94

Caless Student
Caless Student
nice.... .love. i really want the fender american standard HSS.... .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
graffixron wrote:

I'm a little late to answer this but I'll offer my insight since I am a drummer... Drummers will use just about anything and everything on top of and underneath their drum heads to get the sound they are looking for. Tuning is an art on the durms. In Rina's case I believe she is just being cute since the mallet of her kick pedal always hits in the same spot. Think of it as her way of personalization... like Mami did with her stickered guitar. I remember seeing Stuart Copeland's drum kit up close one tour and noticing he used vinyl electrical tape to dampen the overtones on several of his toms by spelling out words with the tape on the batter head... mind you.... they were quite profane and not suitable to post on this forum...

Hey, thanks for replying to my question. I never knew about this. I only started to learn at the start of the year and I don't even own a drum set. I thought there would be sweet spots on the drums where I 'should' be hitting to sound nice. So getting the nice sound is not really about hitting the right spot, but more about tuning the drums, am I right?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
chiy102 wrote:
Hey, thanks for replying to my question. I never knew about this. I only started to learn at the start of the year and I don't even own a drum set. I thought there would be sweet spots on the drums where I 'should' be hitting to sound nice. So getting the nice sound is not really about hitting the right spot, but more about tuning the drums, am I right?

Well, I think the full answer is that it's both. Different areas of the drum head are slightly different, the dead center gives the fullest sound IMO, but sometimes if you're trying to do something like a very, very fast drum roll then closer to the edge gives more bounce and makes it sound smoother.

Although it's a different thing, with electronic drum sets, hitting in the center of the pad gives the most reliable control over the strength of the hit that the electronic pad measures. With the electronic sets I've used if you're trying to play a loud hit, if you don't land somewhere close to the center you can't get the pad to register the loudest possible.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 pm

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
320x200 is correct. The batter head (top) has areas that give different sounds. Snare drums for instance usually are tuned so that the bottom (resonant) head is tighter than the top. The top head gives a "tighter" sound the closer you get to the edge.
A good example of this is to watch one of my favs... Steve Smith...
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/stevesmithfinesnaremd03.html

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 pm

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
OMG I never knew you could do so much on the snare drum~~!!

It really is a very good illustration I think.

Though I am pretty excited right now after learning about these new stuff, I think I should post future questions in the musician lounge, to avoid spamming this thread.

Thanks again guys, you really made my day~~ .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:34 pm

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
dun noe if this is right place to ask this but here goes: i have experience playing the guitar(mainly classical), im thinking of picking up the electrical guitar..so i need some advice on what models would be suitable(affordable and decent sounding). i cant really play all the songs well on the classical guitars cos they jux sound...too different .stars. tats the main reason y i wanted to pick up the electrical guitar...so..suggestions? .please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:39 pm

NAMIEis#1

NAMIEis#1

Caless Student
Caless Student
graffixron wrote:A good example of this is to watch one of my favs... Steve Smith...

I saw Steve Smith in Hiromi's Trio Project recently (with Anthony Jackson on 6 string bass)
He's the best drummer I've EVER seen!!
CANTA Clap

edit: Sorry RINA .ehem.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:21 pm

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tempostorm wrote:dun noe if this is right place to ask this but here goes: i have experience playing the guitar(mainly classical), im thinking of picking up the electrical guitar..so i need some advice on what models would be suitable(affordable and decent sounding). i cant really play all the songs well on the classical guitars cos they jux sound...too different .stars. tats the main reason y i wanted to pick up the electrical guitar...so..suggestions? .please.
For starting out on an electric... You can get a good feel for the instrument without blowing a huge budget. Les Pauls and Stratocasters will run a bit expensive... and in some cases, models can be VERY expensive. Go check out a mid level Ibanez is my suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:23 pm

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
NAMIEis#1 wrote:
graffixron wrote:A good example of this is to watch one of my favs... Steve Smith...

I saw Steve Smith in Hiromi's Trio Project recently (with Anthony Jackson on 6 string bass)
He's the best drummer I've EVER seen!!
CANTA Clap

edit: Sorry RINA .ehem.

I'll agree with that. One of my other favs is Neil Peart... a very different style from Steve Smith...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:26 am

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
graffixron wrote:
tempostorm wrote:dun noe if this is right place to ask this but here goes: i have experience playing the guitar(mainly classical), im thinking of picking up the electrical guitar..so i need some advice on what models would be suitable(affordable and decent sounding). i cant really play all the songs well on the classical guitars cos they jux sound...too different .stars. tats the main reason y i wanted to pick up the electrical guitar...so..suggestions? .please.
For starting out on an electric... You can get a good feel for the instrument without blowing a huge budget. Les Pauls and Stratocasters will run a bit expensive... and in some cases, models can be VERY expensive. Go check out a mid level Ibanez is my suggestion.

ok thanks for the suggestion .smile. i tried out an ibanez yesterday and it was quite ok..only thing is its SGD$560 .stars. is tat considered mid-range??

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.