Back to top Go down

Re: SH USA Members
Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:02 am

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wat wrote:Don't have cell reception right now so I'll post this here:

@Jade and Neil: Kino just called me and the magazines came in!! And they're (relatively) cheap too!!

Anyone else in the area up for a trip to Little Tokyo?

Which mags? And yes for sure I'm down - recently I've had a craving for Curry-udon. Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:34 am

Vince_Untan

Vince_Untan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://a-fantasy-based-on-reality.tumblr.com/
zimbobbio wrote:Definitely down for another hangot, let's try and get a big SH group out to Little Tokyo!

Hey guys,wow haha im soo late about this...should have been aware about this sooner,anyway I live not to far from LA at least a 45min drive if not less. We should totally go to Little Tokyo I have been going there every other weekend lately haha,so whenever I guess I'll be there .happy.

SH USA Members - Page 3 Vincesig
L٥ﻻﻉ√٥υ
BA Magazine -RINAri-
76-if you were born a foreginer what would you be named?
Angelina
93- whats the number one thing you want SCANDAL to do?
america tour. the place i dont wanna forget.

SH USA Members - Page 3 6084075755_e966d7941c
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
tenjounokaze wrote:Which mags? And yes for sure I'm down - recently I've had a craving for Curry-udon. Nice one
The May issue of CD&DL Data; the one that has the 20 page special on SCANDAL.

SH USA Members - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:08 am

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
The May issue of CD&DL Data; the one that has the 20 page special on SCANDAL.

Sweeeeet. I am definitely down. When are we going?

独りきりなんて、人生勿体無い
Life's a waste if you're all alone. (SCANDAL, Everybody Say YEAH)
SH USA Members - Page 3 Blog_head2-1
Need help with Japanese? - Be sure to visit my Japanese thread: Class is now in session!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Would you guys be down for going this weekend, say Sunday ~lunch time (kind of like last time)?
Since next weekend is mother's day weekend, I don't know how busy everyone will be for that.

If not, that's okay too since this is pretty short notice, just putting feelers out there for now.

Unfortunately, if you wanted a magazine copy, I only ordered 3 copies for myself, Jade, and Neil. Didn't have the foresight to ask if anyone else wanted any, for that I'm sorry.

.shy.

If you still want a copy, you'll have to call Kino and order, or I can try and order some more for you. Apparently, Asahiya told Jade that they couldn't get any from Japan, so I'm not exactly sure where Kino got these from...maybe Kino has a stronger network.

The lady who called literally said, "Hi I have your SCANDALous magazines ready to pick up."

.lol.

We need more people!! Anyone else around the LA area that wants to meet up? =D

*coughNoodlescough*

SH USA Members - Page 3 SrcM2
I AM GIRAFFE!
damatte0924: Delirious now. May become like that later. Oh wait, it is now.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:22 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
wat wrote:The lady who called literally said, "Hi I have your SCANDALous magazines ready to pick up."
LOL. Awesome. Onion XD

And coincidentally I'm already going to be right around Little Tokyo that day, so this Sunday is fine with me.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:31 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
wat wrote:

*coughNoodlescough*

Ah crap, its my little sister's birthday, sorry guys, looks like I wont be joining you. .waaa.

SH USA Members - Page 3 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:34 pm

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've been hoping to meet some of the members of SH here in LA. I was thinking of going to Little Tokyo Sunday anyways. When and where? You guys decide and I'll be there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Cryptor

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
good to hear that Happy i´d like to be there ! but it´s not possible ^^

from germany there are only 2 SH members i think xD

have a nice day !

SH USA Members - Page 3 76561198015702407
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Vince_Untan

Vince_Untan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
unfortunately I'm busy tomorrow so I can't make it .shy. sorry guys maybe another time,and I'll try giving kinokunya a call for a magazine

L٥ﻻﻉ√٥υ
BA Magazine -RINAri-
Angelina

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:41 pm

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Details for this Sunday:

Where:
Kinokuniya Bookstore @ Weller Court
123 Astronaut Ellison S Onizuka St Suite 205
Los Angeles 90012

When:
Sunday 5/1, 1:00 PM 4:00 pm

Who:
wat
thoseguiltyeyes
tenjounokaze
propglennn
zimbobbio (very very tentative)

and of course, anyone else in the area is also welcome to come!

We can meet at the bookstore, then head down to one of the many places to eat. Tenjou mentioned curry, so maybe he's hinting at Curry House? We can figure it out, there's a lot of choices.

For those of you who can't make it, don't worry we will definitely try again to get a big group together later!

Last edited by wat on Sun May 01, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:35 pm

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Looking forward to it! I'm fine with Curry House. There's Orochon for ramen right there too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:49 pm

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
Tentative indeed Sad
But I really don't wanna miss out on this! Hopefully I can at least come later or something, depending how long you guys are out there for..

SH USA Members - Page 3 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:29 pm

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wat wrote:
We can meet at the bookstore, then head down to one of the many places to eat. Tenjou mentioned curry, so maybe he's hinting at Curry House? We can figure it out, there's a lot of choices.

LOL - don't let me decide where we eat. I just had a craving the other night - no big deal. I'm always up for my favorite shio-ramen, or something of equal deliciousness. :druul:

I'll be at the bookstore at the appointed time then. We should all exchange cell numbers, no?

独りきりなんて、人生勿体無い
Life's a waste if you're all alone. (SCANDAL, Everybody Say YEAH)
SH USA Members - Page 3 Blog_head2-1
Need help with Japanese? - Be sure to visit my Japanese thread: Class is now in session!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:08 pm

ZeroN

ZeroN

Caless Student
Caless Student
wow, this thread is quite interesting. i'm also in the socal area. where did you guys buy those magazines? and are there any posters available?

SH USA Members - Page 3 IMG_0848-edsm
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 pm

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@zeron
we got the ARENA37 magazines from Asahiya on Sawtelle in LA. this time around we ordered from Kinokuniya in Little Tokyo. For posters, this thread might help you out.

@all
zim says he can make it out if we meet at 4:00 instead. that makes for a pretty late lunch. The 1:00 time still stands until everyone says ok. I also sent out a text to everyone, so you can reply to that or post here. edit: good to go

ok with 4:00 so far:
wat
tenjounokaze
zimbobbio
Jade
glenn

again, i apologize for the last minute nature, we'll do a better job planning next time, promise.

Onion Depress

Last edited by wat on Sun May 01, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:30 pm

ZeroN

ZeroN

Caless Student
Caless Student
wat wrote:@zeron
we got the ARENA37 magazines from Asahiya on Sawtelle in LA. this time around we ordered from Kinokuniya in Little Tokyo. For posters, this thread might help you out.

i'm quite new to this, but how does the ordering work? are the magazines available to buy in store, or do we need to tell the clerk to special order them? and how much do they cost w/ international shipping and everything? i usually just buy CDs through cdjapan, but i'd like some magazines too! .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 12:39 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@zeron: Most of the time they're not in stock so you just need to call them and ask them to order it for you. There's no charge for shipping; you just pay what they charge for the magazine.

And yeah, 4:00 is fine with me!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I got nothing else to do. 4:00 is fine.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 01, 2011 1:15 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
4:00 it is! Thanks everyone for your understanding! :d

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 02, 2011 7:20 am

wat

wat

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ok, so all didn't quite go as planned; tenjou and zim weren't able to make it out, but it's understandable since this was put together last minute.

I was the first one at the bookstore, and Jade happened to sneak up behind me and scare the crap out of me as I was asking the lady at the counter for my CD&DL magazine order. Of course, she was wearing her white Doc Martens (the same shoes the girls wear for the past few PVs). They are seriously some sweet shoes, and Jade made them took great =D.

The clerk had a hard time finding the magazines, but Jade helped out since she had a picture of the cover on her phone (thanks!).

After making the purchase, we browsed the bookstore for awhile and found a copy of the ARENA 37C magazine that we had bought last time on a random shelf. Then went outside to wait for everyone else. A distinguished-looking gentleman approached us and asked if we were from SCANDAL HEAVEN, and it turned out to be Glen! We let him know about the copy of ARENA 37C and he picked it up without hesitation (by the way, cheaper than the ones we bought at Asahiya!).

Jade had to leave, so it was just me and Glen left. After waiting a little while longer, we learned that zim probably wouldn't be able to make it out to LA. So I went and bought the magazine copy, then we went to Curry House where we each ordered some pork tonkatsu. It was good food and of course we had some great discussion about SCANDAL! It was cool to learn that he's been following the girls ever since the release of DOLL!

After that we parted ways and I was able to deliver zim's copy of CD&DL to him.

All in all, we got to meet a new person and collect the desired magazines, with Glen picking up a bonus in the form of ARENA 37C!

BTW tenjou and zim, you TOTALLY owe us =P.

Next time we'll make sure we give everyone plenty of notice so we can get a really nice group together to do something fun!

Last edited by wat on Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

I AM GIRAFFE!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
hahah thanks again wat .please.

glad to hear it was a successful hangout despite the short notice, but still bummed i couldnt make it out.. oh and from the sound of it, it seems like kinokuya might be higher on the priority list to check for SCANDAL magazines from the sound of it.. plus theres definitely a wider variety or stores and restaurants there! i definitely hope to make it out next time, and with even more people! thanks for the update

p.s. wat your siggy is AWESOME .wow.

SH USA Members - Page 3 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It was great meeting wat and guiltyeyes. Thanks for the invite guys.

Zim and tenjou.....maybe next time.
Ja-ne!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 am

Vince_Untan

Vince_Untan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I wish I could have went and picked up a magazine haha,oh well next time,please feel free to add me on facebook,it's great to hear there are many SH members in CA,I dont know anyone in my area that knows about SCANDALous so this gathering thing is great to meet up each other Nice one

L٥ﻻﻉ√٥υ
BA Magazine -RINAri-
Angelina

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.