Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

AM² Convention 2011 [Page 38 of 39]

Re: AM² Convention 2011
Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
@NuClearSounds: Okay, it's official. I'm now completing my time machine so I can go back to AM2 2011.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Cool, Tomomi posted pics from the Disney fireworks show last night. Since on the side I work for a display fireworks company I went there too to see what they would do for the fourth. Here's my write-up of the fireworks show, hidden since it's really off-topic except for the fact that Scandal saw it. TL;DR it was a nice, quality show for Scandal to see. Happy I'll upload the video I took when I get back home if anyone wants to see the same show they saw.

Spoiler:

Last edited by 320x200 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:07 pm

PFULMTL

PFULMTL

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/PFULMTL
It took 3 days and 1800 miles to get here with my lil sis. I did all the driving because I'm a machine. We got here Friday afternoon. Met up with some friends at the convention center, picked up our 3day passports, and headed out for dinner. Driving in LA realy sucks. I got so lost even with a GPS.

Saturday Panel, we sat about 10 rows from the front and on the left side. I was kinda surprised there were empty seats in the back. My sister got up to ask a question, then she got too nervous and sat back down. Then a bit later she got back up haha and few more girls followed. I got in line also, but it was already ending time and me and my sis could't ask our questions. At least we got a little closer and better view. I was thinking I was blocking someones view, so I stayed about a foot from the person in front of me. Was kinda sad I couldn't get my CD signed. If there was a preprinted photo, poster, or single for sale just for autograph, I would have bought one, but I really don't know what to do with an autographed shirt...

Surprisingly we didn't know about the other meet&greet at 2PM. We just happened to be walking around upstairs and saw a long line. We were towards the end of it and we didn't get to go in because it was ending :/ Thats Oks, because we really just wanted to attend the concert, meeting and panel was a bonus.

During this time I got the idea to get the lady who was doing the name caligraphy to make me a Scandal sign. Me an my sis previously got or names written. It actually took me a while to think of what to have on the sign but finally decided on "SCANDAL DAISUKI" (daisuki was in Japanese). I already put 5 tickets in the box, then I gave an extra $5 for doing the sign. She even got me a piece of cardboard to tape it to. I was so excited because it looked awesome and was a great idea. After we sat down at the nearby table, she came by and gave us some Crayons haha. We decided to color the border the neon colors used in their outfits, which was pink, green, yellow, and orange. Turned out pretty well and was fun to color. I headed to give the Crayons back and told her and her assisitant arigato. While walking away with our awesome sign, she called my sisters name and wanted to get a picture of us.

We then decided to go ahead and wait in line for the concert with some buddies. We were able to get in the first two rows on the right part of the stage! My friend passed around some glowsticks, and I'm glad he did because we forgot to buy some.
Concert rocked! While they were playing, I said to myself "this was worth the drive". I held up my sign whenever Scandal looked my way and trying to wave my arm with a glowstick was super tiring, so I only waved my arms during a chourus. It was starting to get pretty hot in there so I had to stop and wipe my face few times...I yelled "WOOO" often and other people followed. Clapped along on some songs.
What made my night was when Mami made a cute "looking" pose at my sign near the end. I held the sign up with pride after it was over haha. Then a bunch of people wanted to take pics of it and with it.

Monday for the meet at the hotel/pool, I was hoping there was autograph session also, but sigh nope. The line was pretty short and didn't have to wait in the sun too long. We got in and people asked some questions. I just kept leaning in and out to get a better look haha. I couldn't stop smiling when I shook hands with all of them. So soft <3

I would have joined the Scandal Heaven group, but I already had my group of friends. I'm also not a frequent poster of this forum, so I think it would have just been strange for a newbie to tag along...

This has been such an awesome turnout even without autographs or pics. Would love to come back if they decide to do a US tour for their new album.

Last edited by PFULMTL on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 5 times in total

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 46365
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Vince_Untan

Vince_Untan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://a-fantasy-based-on-reality.tumblr.com/
@PFULMTL cool I manage to take a picture of you holding it after the concert Nice one AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Img_5010

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Vincesig
L٥ﻻﻉ√٥υ
BA Magazine -RINAri-
76-if you were born a foreginer what would you be named?
Angelina
93- whats the number one thing you want SCANDAL to do?
america tour. the place i dont wanna forget.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 6084075755_e966d7941c
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:24 pm

NuClearSounds

NuClearSounds

Caless Student
Caless Student
@tonymiller. You're welcome. Took me four hours to write and I'm will continue to edit it once I recall more

*Note to self*
1) Rina says "I love you"
2) Mami is so nervous she pulls her skins

@StealthAstoria. Don't feel bad. Even thought I registered on SH a while ago just for tabs, I was so busy last month I didn't to order a shirt either. That didn't stop me from trying to meet people. Remember, if you feel like if you don't do something and you are going to regret it, just do it.

@Belz... Everytime I re-read or edit my post ... I flash back too. I miss it

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I think you're the first person to notice the dots in my nickname !!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
StealthAstoria wrote:reading every ones post i wish i had joined up with you guys. but for some reason i felt like i would be intruding since i didnt get to buy the scandal heaven shirt and that im a fairly new user here and whatnot. its was cool seeing you guys there out and about representing the U.S. scandal fans and also rocking out waving the glow sticks in the concert. i really think if they were ever to come back to California, you guys would be a big part of why. you guys made me proud to be a scandal fan.

like everyone said, that whole event was very surreal. finally seeing scandal in person made me realize how the thousands of pictures and videos out there on the internet (or whatever hast been taken down yet) really doesn't do them justice. they really are much more beautiful, much more sincere and sweet person. walking around the convention on the last day, you can tell the only reason why people were there was because of scandal. my cousin and i joked, and not to diminish AM2 or anything, but AM2 pretty much became scandal-con on that day.

I joined in June this year LOL. And I didn't buy the SCANDAL Heaven shirt either but that didn't stop me from hanging out with everyone at AM2. ;P I'm usually the 'shy' person as well so I was pretty happy that everyone was nice and welcoming. I bought 4 glow sticks [the SCANDAL concert on Sunday was thefirst time that I ever used glow sticks xD I even asked the other SH members how to 'break' them]. I thought 'Oh well you're just waving glow sticks right? Can't be too hard' That was a mistake x__x My glow sticks kept slipping out of my hands so I had to keep pausing now and then to regrip them [both my hands hurt afterwards from holding them too tight too since I didn't want to keep pausing].

Haha. On Facebook last night, I commented on Matt or someone else's wall/post saying that 4th of July is now SCANDAL day to me. ^^ THE FIREWORKS WERE TOTALLY FOR THEM. <3

@PFULMTL - OH SO YOU WERE THAT GUY. I remember you! xD I saw people taking pictures of you with that sign after the concert as well haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:52 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
@Ryder Blade and @NuCLearSounds

i guess one main reason why i didnt get to join you guys was because i was with my cousins and i didnt want to abandon them. next time ill totally hang out with you guys, i can we'll totally get along Nice one

we also brought glow sticks in the concert. we were actually right behind you guys on tomomi's side of the stage haha!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:16 pm

PFULMTL

PFULMTL

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/PFULMTL
[quote="Ryder Blade"]
StealthAstoria wrote:
@PFULMTL - OH SO YOU WERE THAT GUY. I remember you! xD I saw people taking pictures of you with that sign after the concert as well haha.

haha it was strange when people started taking pics. I probably looked like I just ran a mile .sweat.
I really wanted to run around screaming "SCANDAAAAAAL" because I was so happy.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 46365
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 pm

nerf

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just a quick question before I say all my thoughts but does anyone know if Scandal always open their shows with the Ramones - Rock n Roll High School? I know they did it years ago at Sakuracon when most of them were still in high school but that's all I know. I got the feeling that they stopped entering onstage to that song as they all got older. And I'm also wondering if they play Rock n Roll High School only when they're in America. I'll explain later but it's kind of important.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Those youtube videos are not from SH.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 pm

iarturo97

Caless Student
Caless Student
@NuCLearSounds
It could be your head lol.
Nooooooooooo! Sad I knew I should have waited. I wanted to see them one more time.
I waited for the meet and greet at AM2 for almost two hours and I didn't get in. Now that I had a second chanced, I missed it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:@Everyone !
Thanks for all the postings on AM2, it is almost as good as being there but only almost !
But I think many of us want to know who this Sadie was who molested
ghostofsnypershot ?
Do you think they will apply to be a member of SH, or are they one already ???
Sadie is a Japanese visual kei/Jrock band who was one of the AM2 GoHs.
Apparently one of them touched Ross' berries ;P and the drummer slapped his ass or something when they asked if he was nervous? It's in one of the pages in this thread but I'm trying to quickly get through all this so I can type up my recaps. xD

And yeah, like Sam said. The YT vids [other than the airport ones Tongue] aren't from SH. We were all way too busy rocking out with the glow sticks. I even got hit on the head a few times by Anson while he was dancing with his glow sticks. ;__;

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Counterclock

Counterclock

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
iarturo97 wrote:Hey you guys!
So even though there wasn't any photography allowed during the concert (which was freaking awesome) i managed to capture a picture of Tomomi <3. It is a decent picture. I am wondering if anyone else managed to get some pictures during the concert. I have seen a video of the concert on youtube —great job to whoever recored that. Also can anyone tell me where the meet and greet was on Monday. I showed up to the sheraton hotel at 6 a.m but I didn't see anyone so I left Sad]

^

Cool but you may not be able to show that pic, ask the moderators.

@NuClearSounds Great experience man. You gotta be careful how you look at people though. Look to much at a Scandal members eyes, and this is how she will see you.

Last edited by Counterclock on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 The_legend_of_giant_dad_by_theblasianbruski-d6sotfu
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

iarturo97

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Ryder Blade
I can tell the airport videos were shot by SH.
Well I guess I was misunderstood. It seems I implied that SH recored those videos of the concert but that is not what I meant. I noticed that those from SH were jumping and moving their glow sticks. That made it hard to take decent pictures lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:41 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Ryder Blade
Thank you for filling me in about 'Sadie' !
I shouldn't laugh, I wouldn't laugh if it had have been me !

But it still sounds like everyone had a great time !

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Allright here we go:

ANY PICTURES/VIDEO FROM THE CONCERT WILL BE DELETED AND THE PERSON WILL BE SEVERELY INFRACTIONED

Do you want SCANDAL to show up in the forums just to see how some people shot video of the concert when it was clearly stated not to do so? Just as any other oficial release, it will not be allowed in the boards.

I encourage the members to please report posts with any content that you consider should be removed OR any posts that break the rules. Thanks to the people who are already doing it.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:49 pm

gabe_majere

gabe_majere

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
After reading so many post from ur experiences makes me feel happy for all the attendees and a little sad for the bunch we couldn't make it, i just hope i get the opportunity to be in another event like that.
Also expecting an official DVD from them, i'm sure is gonna be awesome

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 pm

sonek

sonek

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Mercurius thanks for the transcription

.clap.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Scandal21

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Hehehe
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Mercurius wrote:SCANDAL Panel
7/3/2011 10:00AM PST

Seating order: Haruna (H), Rina (R), Tomomi (T), Mami (M)

Introduction: Each member noted that it has been 3.5 years since their first time in the US.

Moderator Questions

Q: Since AM2 is an anime convention, what are the band members' favorite anime?
H: Hetalia, Kuroshitsuji
R: Ribbon (likely Hime-chan no Ribbon), Sailor Moon
T: One Piece, Sailor Moon
M: Bleach, Naruto, K-ON! (audience cheers). I watch a lot of anime and love pretty much everything I see.

Q: What is your favorite American band?
H: Jonas Brothers (crowd chuckles)
R: Taylor Swift
T: Red Hot Chili Peppers (crowd oohs impressed)
M: Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Strokes

Q: What would you like to do in America?
H: Shopping and eating (laughter)
R: Swimming in the pool (according to twitter, they did this)
T: IHOP Strawberry pancake, since I couldn't eat it before
M: A lot of things I want to do, but just would like to take a walk around LA

Guest Questions (paraphrased)

Q: If you were not in a band, what would you be doing?
H: Never really thought about it, but because I'm a music lover, it would have to be something music-related.
R: Baker
T: Care-taker / day-care worker (some confusion since Tomo said "hobo-san" not knowing it sounded like the English word for homeless, so it sounded like a joke until translator clarified)
M: Designer

Q: Any plans to release live performances / PVs from indie days?
H: No plans to.

Q: Can you describe your writing process for your songs and how it works?
R: I usually start by playing on the piano. Then I gather the other band members to figure out lyrics and complete the song. Then we work on the musical arrangement in the studio. Lastly, we record in the studio.

Q: Since you are playing in LA, are there any plans to do another US tour?
T: Not for now, but we really love LA.

Q: Tomomi, in Namida no Regret PV, you are the only one crying over a girl. Why is that, and is that how you feel about the other band members?
T: My character in the PV was crying over a close friend. I am close friends with the other three members, but definitely not romantically. I am interested in boys. (lots of awkward laughter over this)

Q: What was it like recording the cover to ZONE's Secret Base?
M: We all love the song, and all grew up listening to it. We wanted to record a cover and chose it. It was fun to record, but we were a little worried about negative reaction to it since it was such a well known song.

Q: I'm from the East Coast and wonder what you thought of the East Coast, New York in particular.
M: I love New York, it has a real glimmer / glitter look to it.

Q: Who is the better dancer, Haruna or Tomomi?
T: I have to say Haruna.

Q: Do you ever play each other's instruments?
H: During rehearsals we often play around and play each other's instruments. But since it's hard, we usually can't finish a song.

Q: Your songs are often about relationships. Are they based on any specific relationships or experiences you've had?
T: *nods* Yes
M: I often "fantasize" or think about what such a relationship would be like.

Q: In the Shoujo S PV, what is the Janitor laughing about?
R: The Janitor is a famous comedian. He's laughing because the band is playing around without paying attention to him, even though they got caught. So it's like they're just laughing it off.

Q: Have you ever considered doing a collaboration concert with Morning Musume
M: I'm a big fan of them, and in a magazine interview we mentioned it'd be nice to play at each others' concerts. We also text each other regularly.

Q: Mami, what guitar strings do you use?
M: Ernie Ball 10-gauge in a yellow package.

Q: What is your favorite song to play, and the song you want fans to enjoy?
H: Play - Space Ranger. Enjoy - Scandal Baby
R: Play - Shunkan Sentimental. Enjoy - Everybody Say Yeah
T: Um... (*thinks) Play - Shoujo S. Enjoy - Shoujo M.
M: Play - Hi Hi Hi. Enjoy - Um... (Rina interjects) Hi Hi Hi

Q: Rina, why did you choose to play drums?
R: Why, I wonder? (laughter) When forming the band, it was a girl's band, and drums seemed to be a cool and suited instrument for me to play. Also, a good female drummer is pretty rare, so it was a unique position.

Q: Do you like any K-Pop groups?
H: Kara, SNSD
R: *describes appeal of K-Pop groups
T: (while Rina was describing, has a funny moment by dropping her straw completely in her water bottle. Mami and audience tries to hold back laughter while Tomo comedically tries to pull the straw out.)

Q: Are you still influenced by classic bands such as the Stones e.g. I Can't Get No Satisfaction and the song Satisfaction?
R: We enjoy doing covers, and that song is a good song. We also love the Stones and classic rock bands. However, I'm not sure about direct influences, as we still like to write the songs we want to write.

Q: Tomomi, why did you pick bass over guitar, when you could see the other two guitarists?
T: I tried learning the guitar, but since it has six strings, it was difficult so I gave up. Since the bass has just 4 strings, I thought it would be easier.

Q: Before forming the band, did you think that you would ever be in a band?
H: None of us were thinking we would.

Message to attendees before the live:
H: Please enjoy the live and be loud and dance. It's been 3.5 years since our last show in America, so we want to make this live fun. Please don't be shy.
T: *makes several unbelievably cute faces*

Overall, the questions were pretty clear and the band seem to appreciate them. I will say it was difficult to write notes while getting trapped in the band members' gazes from the front row. .wow. I'll add the Meet & Greet Q&A later once I get the other SH members' recollections and my notes straightened out.

thanks for summarizing! reading this is making me relive the whole thing over again! tomomi always got the most laughs in the whole thing hahaha! too bad i missed the straw part D:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My GOD work sucked today!!!!!!!!!! .punches.
So here are the vids of SCANDAL's arrival that Toshiko took.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXaLUXRExrE?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7flS7CdVRg?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NTEFTlZDPVc?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dd3WOSsBNuQ?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:37 am

Vince_Untan

Vince_Untan

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://a-fantasy-based-on-reality.tumblr.com/
cool arigatou glen I'll put up some of the pictures I took from the airport tonight,and thanks for the getting the banner I give props bigOeyez for the idea Nice one .clap.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Vincesig
L٥ﻻﻉ√٥υ
BA Magazine -RINAri-
76-if you were born a foreginer what would you be named?
Angelina
93- whats the number one thing you want SCANDAL to do?
america tour. the place i dont wanna forget.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 6084075755_e966d7941c
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:45 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Here's a couple more from the curb.

I have a picture of Haruna eihter gasping or laughing at what I assume is the dancing Canta and Doremon. I will post a ink to my pics when I get to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:07 am

Thinking Demon

Thinking Demon

International Performer
International Performer
@propglenn Excellent share there. It's a shame HARU giving the surprised look was not captured in the video (or was it? Saw HARU cupping her mouth with her hand but it looks like she's yawning or something of sorts)...they're great notheless. Ooh YEAH!

Can't thank you guys enough.

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Scandalchromesmall

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Undertaker2079

★ ★ 征天魔王 ★ ★

...我はなり...
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Thinking Demon wrote:@propglenn Excellent share there. It's a shame HARU giving the surprised look was not captured in the video (or was it? Saw HARU cupping her mouth with her hand but it looks like she's yawning or something of sorts)...they're great notheless. Ooh YEAH!

Can't thank you guys enough.

At first I thought Haruna ignored us cuz she looked pretty tired but then I saw this picture on my album:

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 P1190356-1

She's looking at the banner and smiling n_n

Then I'm sure most of you have seen this one already, cannot get any more explicit than this, they loved it:

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 P1190357

AM² Convention 2011 - Page 38 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 39]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.