Back to top Go down

Re: 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」
Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:58 am

ZX636

ZX636

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks alrick!

Hmm after listening to the previews I've gotta say that I'm not impress with Taiyou SCANDALOUS yet. I'm sure after hearing the full song I'm going to change my mind.

Welcome Home sounds good so far and probably my 2nd fave.

Koi no Hajimari wa Diet is interesting. Is that Rina singing?

Cherry Jam is freakin awesome. LOL It reminds me of old school hip hop from the 90's. ToMami!

@ AM2 (2011) - Autograph Panel

Tomomi - "You smell good!"

Me - "...." 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 79339
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:09 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
OMG I'm so gonna buy the HaruxRina Limited Edition.... that was epic ahaha ... Taiyou Scandalous is too anime-ish I think but sounds nice so far. Welcome Home is currently my fave so far.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:12 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
haha as expected, dobondobondo duo is doing a rap song. however it sounds too much like koshi-tantan, which unfortunately is their only song that never made it onto my mp3. perhaps i need to wait for the full song to make any judgement

koi no hajimari wa diet sounds good though. it sounds like it came out of an anime, im sure i heard that sort of tune somewhere before. sadly i don't really like their promotional picture, which im hoping wont be their album cover. totally looks like it was drawn. if it is their album cover i might just end up buying the regular version.

either way, nice find by everyone. nice way to start off my day Nice one

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:14 am

tomomism

tomomism

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://tomomi-nyan.tumblr.com/
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 911293 cherry jam!~ cherry jam! chechecherry jam!~ cherry jam! 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 911293

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 341170I do photo hunt just to see a new pic of Tomo 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 282732 
 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 304361_203562546440763_1242375524_n13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Tumblr_mprilyZlLN1rrzs47o1_500

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:33 am

elevenglass

elevenglass

International Performer
International Performer
http://scandal-thaifan.blogspot.com/
HARUNAxRINA unit named Almond Crush (アーモンドクラッシュ)

(´・_・`)

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 464571h! SCANDAL BABY  ♪♪
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:52 am

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks alrick and glass for the shares! .hail.

I see how they are trying to match the covers with the feel of each song, but I think the HaRina one still needs some work. Looks more like fan art than something done professionally.

I thought Taiyou SCANDALOUS was supposed to have a summer-like vibe to it. I was expecting something lighter and more fun-sounding. Welcome Home sounds like a closing song to an anime. Diet sounds pretty nice for electropop. And Cherry Jam reminds me of "Supersonic" by JJ Fad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:56 am

Aosaru

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
@alrick13 & elevenglass
Thanks for the share!

So far I like 'Welcome Home' over 'Taiyou Scandalous'. Between the duo's...I think I like Koi no Hajimari wa Diet.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:10 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I just manage to listen to the previews when I got home... to be honest... I'm not overly happy with how SCANDAL is progressing. The only song I can identify to like is Welcome Home... Dobondobondo's rapping and engrish just not Tomo and Mami it seems to generic... and the tune and rapping style sounds too similar the rap exerpt from Ii Ne by Baby Metal

This is the first time I've actually not like SCANDAL's produce and am actually disappointed on how they are marketed this time around... everything just sounds pop and there is essentially minimum Rock in it... whats the band for if you want poppy sounds?

From the 30 second exerpt they sound like a idol group who have a guitar backing

Tomo and Mami sound like their just speaking the words rather than rapping

Maybe my hopes were to high to for this single...

SONY is turning SCANDAL's pop idol like...
.wew.

I'll stop my ranting... and just wait for the full release

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:28 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
bleachnlife wrote:
This is the first time I've actually not like SCANDAL's produce and am actually disappointed on how they are marketed this time around... everything just sounds pop and there is essentially minimum Rock in it... whats the band for if you want poppy sounds?

I must agree that these releases are a little too pop and there's a little rock in it. I hope in their next single they would have a more rocking feeling.

Well the HaruxRina song was groovy because I get to hear Rina sing and Welcome Home was my favorite of the four.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 am

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
bleachnlife wrote:I just manage to listen to the previews when I got home... to be honest... I'm not overly happy with how SCANDAL is progressing. The only song I can identify to like is Welcome Home... Dobondobondo's rapping and engrish just not Tomo and Mami it seems to generic... and the tune and rapping style sounds too similar the rap exerpt from Ii Ne by Baby Metal

I agree. After the first listening, I also just like welcome home.
I expected something punchier from Tomo and Mami, it's a bit boring. And koi no hajimari wa diet sounds interesting, but not really good, too plain somehow. Maybe I'll change my mind on that.
And taiyou scandalous could be a good song, but this preview wasn't that impressing.
Overall a bit disappointing 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 654914

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 am

alemicon

alemicon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's probably too early to comment (since we've only got preview) but I think the 13th single just didn't have any interesting songs

Taiyou Scandalous certainly decent but didn't have any strength character. It just didn't have any catch y tune.

Welcome Home, also at least decent but it's far cry from their previous songs.

Koi no Hajimari wa Diet, I can tolerate with time (surprising since I didn't like techno theme whatsoever) probably. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 146861

Cherry Jam, I just can't stand it. It's not even a rap considering the flat tune used, they're just talking 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 3646083628

And I didn't feel the vibe of rock whatsoever! Damn you SONY!

*done ranting

Okay, I will wait for the upcoming release and listen the full version. After that, we will see if I can tolerate the single or march to SONY corp and demand our SCANDAL back 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 316478

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 513813
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps. - by somebody on FFN

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 RJtQA

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I thought I was the critical fan but obviously I ain't... people are saying Welcome is their better liking and thats a B side song...

Yes SONY stop turning SCANDAL into a band that produces sissy music... SONY seems to be conforming SCANDAL to the general crowd who listen to popular music... their not niche/ unique anymore...

Taiyou SCANDALous didn't catch my attention at all which is rather sad...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:29 am

mimi_kooo

mimi_kooo

Caless Student
Caless Student
chill.. chill...

if the members love rock, then they'll definitely go back to rock.. after all it's the main reason why we love them.. ^_^ (not to mention their talent and cuteness.. Happy Onion )

damn sony..

am too old for this... but who cares??
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am

alois~trancy

alois~trancy

International Performer
International Performer
Koi no Hajimari wa Diet!

Now I know which one to buy.

:3333

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
After the first round of listening to the songs, I immediately liked Welcome Home. I feel it is a song worthy of a PV. Taiyou SCANDALous is just plain to me, but I know it's too early to make a bad comment and I hope they'll make a good PV for it. As for Koi no Hajimari wa Diet, I think it's passable as an electro-pop song, considering it's not their genre (and I have a thing for electro-pop honestly haha) and I really like it. Finally, Cherry Jam reminds me of some of our local rap songs here (which I really hate), but nonetheless I don't feel bad about it, it's a good listen after a hard day's work. Haha. XD

So all in all, I think ordering all of the editions is worth it (my poor wallet T_T). I do understand if most of us doesn't like SCANDAL's progress, since they started out as a rock band and we expect them to stick to that, but I guess it's all a matter of preference now, of the band's and ours.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@LieAnn
I find a lot of SCANDAL songs grow on you.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 pm

rinrin151091

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
after listening to the preview, if I must rank it:
1. Welcome Home (it's the closest to SCANDAL's song I used to know)
2. Hajimari no Koi wa Diet (on the contrary of the concept pic, I like it, sounds like Perfume)
3. Cherry Jam (I like the beat, n it's unique.. but kinda plain)
4. Taiyou SCANDALous
it's sad that the one I don't like the most is the title song.. well, maybe it'll grow on me but.. just WTF has Orange Range's Naoto done to SCANDAL?? *pardon my language* it's too much like Orange Range than SCANDAL.. and it has a little "dangdut**" taste which makes me don't like it more.. actually I already feels doubtful about it since I knew Naoto compose this.. because I don't like SCANDAL's cover of Asterisk.. and it seems what I'm afraid the most has happened.. aaaargh

** dangdut is an Indonesian music genre which is the music genre I don't like the most in this world

I hope the PV will make the song better, and I hope their next release will be a lot better than this

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
You're welcome RINA!!!  13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 620191
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:20 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Ah, polarisation here we go haha..!

I don't think Taiyou SCANDALous is "too pop". I mean yeah, it's pop but par for the course for SCANDAL. There are other SCANDAL songs that more or less sound like that. It's quite ok. It has a nice, driving bassline and it's a great song to drive to. It kinda reminds me of 90s gurl power rock from way back then but less screamy and with less distortion. I don't see any big change here.

I like Welcome Home too, nice vibe with nice hooky chorus. Maybe it's just me, but I happen to like cheery mid-tempo stuff like this.

And while we're talking about the 90s, Cherry Jam is a straight up 90s chicano-like jam with almost no other backing other than vibe, drum and bass. I thought it was great. I was pleasantly surprised. They aren't "talking" btw, many, many rap stuff (the real ones, not that crap you hear on radio these days) sound just like that. Listen to old outfits like Cypress Hill and you'll likely encounter the same kind of "talking". If it's not likable, fair enough but that's how Dobondobon rolls yo! haha 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 891450 If they make a video, expect lowriders to make an appearance 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 891450

I KNEW Koi no Hajimari would turn out to be electropop judging from the cover. Kinda like Perfume but with RINA singing 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 628112 It's a good clip, I liked it. AND RINA SINGING! Ho Yeah!

I hope they make a video for this too. Ah heck, I want PVs for all this new stuff!

Final thoughts? I'm happy with these new songs. Let's hang on and wait for the final release before we judge more. And I would stop short on blaming their record company for whatever reason. Truth is, we don't don't just how exactly control is divided between them. If this is what the girls actually want to do, what are we going to do about it?

Please also consider their influences. Between Naoto Orange Range to Haru and her K-Pop love to Mami's idol unit fandom, there's a lot of pop in there... I would also like to add:-

The band that recorded BEST SCANDAL? That band is gone now. They've all moved on from that and we're going to have to get used to it, cause the girls are going to keep pushing forward whether we like it or not.

PS. For the record, I don't think SCANDAL was ever a real "rock" band. There's only 2 songs I would consider to be heavy enough to be considered proper rock songs and those 2 songs are covers.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:43 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
the tracks is sick fam, defo gonna by,

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:00 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
when I will have time I will listen to the previews *____*
and the promo pics for the sub-unit? omg, I though something different for the haruXrina one 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 705960069 don't knwo why but I saw it like a more stylish cover with flawless dress...not that overshopped..thing XD maybe it suit the song?
and...oh well, tomoXmami are full of swag lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:08 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
I like the songs... this will gonna be my fave single<3

I like how the girls doing other music genres,, its a rare to find a band like scandal that do rap and pop and rock and maybe dance?

I like welcome home the most, it has this happy feeling??
koi no hajimari sound like an anime song and omg RINARI!!! You're singing<3 your voice sounded like one of the singer of an anime... maybe she can do part-time job as an anime singer?? Keke!!! I like her voice so sweet
The dobondobon duo really transformed into a real rappers.. haha! If people heard that song by accident would probably think they're not in a band

Scandal could be an all-around artist XD

I see... haru's voice isn't the same as before i think I'm gonna accept the fact that her voice has been changed permanently

Last edited by hapihapi on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 8 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:15 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
oh yeah as usual almost all of their songs take a while before they finally sink in to me ....

Welcome Home is still my fave and I'm getting used to Taiyou Scandalous' sound now .... gotta wait for the full releases ....

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 pm

TomomixOgawa

TomomixOgawa

International Performer
International Performer
I love Taiyou SCANDALOUS and Welcome Home. Actually, I think they are the songs with the most 'Scandalous' feeling to it. The beat sounds really catchy :3 and they are using their instruments.
To be honest, I was really disappointed when I heard the preview for Cherry Jam and Koi no Hajimari. I was actually surprised. Yes, it sounds good and I like it but It sounds like a pop and techno song that a Japanese idol like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu would sing to me. Not the kind of song Scandal would sing. Also when I look at the cover pictures my face is like.. meh :/ what is this. but hey, this is just my say on this. I guess this is a good chance for Scandal to try something new?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:44 pm

gaLa_LiannE08

gaLa_LiannE08

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I just heard the previews and by far my favorite are Welcome home and koi no Hajimari diet!. ˛˛ꉂ ೭(˵¯̴͒ꇴ¯̴͒˵)౨” ʖˋƕʖˋƕʓ~✩⃛˖° Finally!. RINA's singing!. Although they sound more like an idol, I still love it!. They're being playful in their music. It would be nice if they will provide all of the songs with PV. That would be epic!. ❤⃛*:・꒰ ૢඹ௰ ૢඹ✿꒱

I'm not into raps so cherry jam would be my least favorite of the four. Taiyou Scandalous is okay and the cover pic of HaruxRina looks weird. Hehe

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.