Re: 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」
Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
ok I've listen to the previews *__*
taiyou scandalous's preview is pretty good! I love the feeling, for a be a summer song to me it looks like a powerfull song without the "cute" sound of taiyou to kimi ga egaku STORY.
welcome home is...strange? pretty different from the usual scandal sound to me, and maybe for this it will be the "pearl" of the single.
the tomoXmami song is...emh...OMG! what is that? XDDD I know already I will listen to that song again and again laughting like a crazy XDD
haruXrina song is pretty "actually", electopop feeling, which are very used in the latest jpop hits. but I don't think it will be a very memorial song, cute, not difficult to remember but nothing really epic. (and now I get it the WHY of the promo-pic XD)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
macdyne73 wrote:Ah, polarisation here we go haha..!

I don't think Taiyou SCANDALous is "too pop". I mean yeah, it's pop but par for the course for SCANDAL. There are other SCANDAL songs that more or less sound like that. It's quite ok. It has a nice, driving bassline and it's a great song to drive to. It kinda reminds me of 90s gurl power rock from way back then but less screamy and with less distortion. I don't see any big change here.

I like Welcome Home too, nice vibe with nice hooky chorus. Maybe it's just me, but I happen to like cheery mid-tempo stuff like this.

And while we're talking about the 90s, Cherry Jam is a straight up 90s chicano-like jam with almost no other backing other than vibe, drum and bass. I thought it was great. I was pleasantly surprised. They aren't "talking" btw, many, many rap stuff (the real ones, not that crap you hear on radio these days) sound just like that. Listen to old outfits like Cypress Hill and you'll likely encounter the same kind of "talking". If it's not likable, fair enough but that's how Dobondobon rolls yo! haha 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 891450 If they make a video, expect lowriders to make an appearance 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 891450

I KNEW Koi no Hajimari would turn out to be electropop judging from the cover. Kinda like Perfume but with RINA singing 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 628112 It's a good clip, I liked it. AND RINA SINGING! Ho Yeah!

I hope they make a video for this too. Ah heck, I want PVs for all this new stuff!

Final thoughts? I'm happy with these new songs. Let's hang on and wait for the final release before we judge more. And I would stop short on blaming their record company for whatever reason. Truth is, we don't don't just how exactly control is divided between them. If this is what the girls actually want to do, what are we going to do about it?

Please also consider their influences. Between Naoto Orange Range to Haru and her K-Pop love to Mami's idol unit fandom, there's a lot of pop in there... I would also like to add:-

The band that recorded BEST SCANDAL? That band is gone now. They've all moved on from that and we're going to have to get used to it, cause the girls are going to keep pushing forward whether we like it or not.

PS. For the record, I don't think SCANDAL was ever a real "rock" band. There's only 2 songs I would consider to be heavy enough to be considered proper rock songs and those 2 songs are covers.

Ah, macdyne you took the words right out of my mouth 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 795231
Currently abusing the Taiyou SCANDALOUS preview! >u<

That "Ta-i-yo-u-su-kya-n-da-rasu, yes" line is gonna be stuck in my head till the PV comes out! haha

thank you for the previews^^

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:16 pm

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Hmmmm based from the previews, sadly as of now I'm not liking the songs...
EXCEPT for Koi no Hajimari wa Diet! .love.

It's always nice to hear something new from them, in this case a electro-pop song. Reminds me of Perfume songs which I'm also a fan of. And hey, it's a very rare RINA solo!

As for the other songs, well since it's still just the preview I won't give final judgements for now, maybe in the end it'll grow on me like some of their songs.

I expected Taiyou SCANDALOUS to sound something like TaiKimi but I guess I was wrong. TaiKimi is still the best summer pop song of SCANDAL for me.

Anyways, I'll be waiting for the PV. Onion Tea

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:38 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
@mc, nah fam, the tracks is well sick, i like how Tomo and Mami r spiting bars and rina voice is well peng, plus the Taiyou SCANDALOUS track is sick fam, i would defo buy it, im not sure about the Haruna and Rina cover Pic, they look kl and that but i dont like it at the same time, but the DobbonDobbonDo pic is hard, a true G pic.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:57 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
amz7250 wrote:@mc, nah fam, the tracks is well sick, i like how Tomo and Mami r spiting bars and rina voice is well peng, plus the Taiyou SCANDALOUS track is sick fam, i would defo buy it, im not sure about the Haruna and Rina cover Pic, they look kl and that but i dont like it at the same time, but the DobbonDobbonDo pic is hard, a true G pic.

It's alright dude, it's ok if we have different opinions and tastes. What's more important is to keep it civil yeah?

Anyway I simply have to say I've been repeatedly listening to the Koi no Hajimari clip. I LOVE it, RINA's voice is really working out great in this track. Really looking forward to this now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:02 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
macdyne73 wrote:
amz7250 wrote:@mc, nah fam, the tracks is well sick, i like how Tomo and Mami r spiting bars and rina voice is well peng, plus the Taiyou SCANDALOUS track is sick fam, i would defo buy it, im not sure about the Haruna and Rina cover Pic, they look kl and that but i dont like it at the same time, but the DobbonDobbonDo pic is hard, a true G pic.

It's alright dude, it's ok if we have different opinions and tastes. What's more important is to keep it civil yeah?

Anyway I simply have to say I've been repeatedly listening to the Koi no Hajimari clip. I LOVE it, RINA's voice is really working out great in this track. Really looking forward to this now.

o dam was i going all out, soz didnt no, soz MC if i was getting rude. and tnxs Macdyne 4 pointing that out, again im really sorry MC,

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
To all the people who aren't liking it yet...can we just consider this as a treat to the fans, ne?? Its not like they're going to be like an idol or leaving their music(i hope so) and the songs are made by a sub-unit not the band as a whole,, i hope you'll get me... but i wish after this single they release a song similar to Doll or from their indies to maintain their original style...

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
hm so after listening to the previews.....i dont think it was that bad. i mean its something new to my ears from the girls. like hapihapi said i consider this a treat cuz how often do you here sub units in SCANDAL record an actual song?

i feel like this single was an experiment. like trying new sounds, im not sure if thats the case but that's what i think. my two cents input. lol

Taiyou SCANDALOUS- hm for some reason the way its composed it sounds kinda similar to like appletachi no dengon for me...idk why...but it's not bad so it'll grow on me.

Welcome Home- haha i'm like a bunch of people here, it's my favorite out of the four, its good in my opinion, not their best song kind, but good enough for me. for some reason i thought it would be a ballad ballad kind song. but that got thrown out, haha but i do think it would fit an anime ending.

Koi no Hajimari- i like the song. i mean Rina's singing! come on i think it's a treat no matter what kind genre. well in my opinion. im trying to think of what this reminds me of since i listen to all types of jpop and not being limited to jus rock and what not. it's a fun song for me so im cool with it.

Cherry Jam- haha okay its not my favorite song from Donbondobondo. even though it was not officially released on a single or album my fav song from them is def Donbondobondo no theme. haha it was jus a fun song and i liked it. i'll have to hear the whole thing to give my full judgement

overall i like the single together but it's not ,my favorite or one i would completely love. i'll wait for the whole thing to come out and give my final judgement when the single is released.

man looking at my comment i was completely rambling......haha so this comment i feel had no sense to it. haha

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:16 am

climhazzardx13

climhazzardx13

Caless Student
Caless Student
mc~ wrote:Hmmmm based from the previews, sadly as of now I'm not liking the songs...
EXCEPT for Koi no Hajimari wa Diet! 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 12776

Same here. I like the Electro POP feel with Rina singing. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 12776

mc~ wrote:
I expected Taiyou SCANDALOUS to sound something like TaiKimi but I guess I was wrong. TaiKimi is still the best summer pop song of SCANDAL for me.

I second this. TaiKimi still has the "summer" feel song from SCANDAL. Nonetheless I like the kind of rockish sound of Taiyo Scandalous.

I had listened to the preview yesterday. I hate to say this but, Cherry Jam does not really appeal to me. Dobondobondo still has its mark on my head compared to this new TomoxMami collab. Oh well... I guess I'll have to wait for the official release of the single. Can't wait.. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 572615

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:33 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
all i can say RINA's voice ish LOVE

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 am

Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
I like them all so far Happy
BUT i need to hear more of Cherry Jam though... The Rap in Dobon was cheerful and great but not sold on the hip hop style in this song yet.. Tongue

Rina's Voice is the best though :D
Koi no Hajimari sounds a bit like a character song from Anime though haha, I love it :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 am

TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Rina and Haruna's song is great. I get to hear Rina more.

Don't worry guys. You just listened to a preview but what if you heard the full length of each song?
You'll get accustomed to their songs once the single is out. Promise. Happy

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 am

TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Though, I must admit that there's more POP than ROCK on their songs. It's like they're making their way to pop music and I don't want that. They should stick to rock because that best suits them and bring out the best of them. CANTA Depressed

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:41 am

elevenglass

elevenglass

International Performer
International Performer
http://scandal-thaifan.blogspot.com/
Taiyou SCANDALOUS was broadcasted on FM Osaka yesterday.
Why has no one uploaded it on Youtube yet!? arghhhh!!! D< D<

(´・_・`)

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 464571h! SCANDAL BABY  ♪♪
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:21 am

Shangyou

Shangyou

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Just listened to the previews! Welcome Home sounds absolutely amazing. 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 572615

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Appledoughedit213th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Appledoughedit2
*Click above to Tweet me~!*
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 am

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think the duo covers and songs are more of a joke or experiment type thing... I wouldn't take it too seriously unless they come out with more like it. Rina's voice is pretty good in their song, couldn't really hear Haruna though. Don't particularly like either of the duo songs, but Taiyou Scandalous and Welcome Home sound pretty solid, and remember this is a different composer so it's bound to be different from their usual stuff. Anyway, looking forward to the single!

Oh, and the single cover looks good but I don't like how they're edging towards idol/pop group style even though they suit it, would like to see more band-like covers...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am

noctis

noctis

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
if that was Rina's voice in Koi no Hajimari wa Diet, then take my soul and money already!

I hate the promotional HaRina duo's promo pic tho.. just saying

peace. :v

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
Bulls eye~! haha.
Koi no Hajimari wa Diet is the best songs from this single so far. and i think even if the full version
will be released. It will still be the best for me. .dies.

Cherry Jam sounds not SCANDAL like.really. but i'm not saying i hate it. it's actually cute. but oh well, .sweat.

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 URT1EYY
13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:43 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I like all the songs with exception of Cherry Jam... I must say I actually hate it, I think I will deny this song. Although I like the rest, the fact that songs are not written by the girls gives it a somewhat unpleasant flavour.

And the promo pics are funny, Rina and Haru have gone Vocaloid xD

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am

alemicon

alemicon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The good part is there only a single for upcoming release so I can save
cash (unlike the previous singles which accompanied by album and I had
to chose one) 13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 463253

Well, I would like to listen to Cherry Jam full version. I do hope the full version will be more satisfying than the preview.
*I'm still shocked with how easily I accept Koi no Hajimari wo Diet but I guess Rina's voice even it out.

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 513813
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps. - by somebody on FFN

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 RJtQA

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Forget about how it sounds on the CD... if it sounds good live thats all it matters... well thats what I'm trying to believe... the guitar rock is bought out better in lives than in records thats a fact.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:03 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
To be honest, Scandal's new song "Cherry Jam" sounds very close to these two songs...but I still like it.
The rest of the songs are really good, especially Taiyou Scandalous

anyway, here are a couple of songs that Cherry Jam sounds like.

Fergalicious - Fergie

skip to 0:27
Supersonic - JJ Fad

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 am

mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
let's just wait for the full versions..

i'm really inlove with Koi no Hajimari wa Diet~ Rina's voice is .wow.

i have this feeling too that this single is an experiment..

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:30 am

Squall

Squall

Caless Student
Caless Student
I also hope that this single is just an experiment because I don't like it overall. And one thing for sure is that Haru's voice changed and I'm really disappointed. They need to take a break because now Haru's voice will only get worse.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Squall wrote:I also hope that this single is just an experiment because I don't like it overall. And one thing for sure is that Haru's voice changed and I'm really disappointed. They need to take a break because now Haru's voice will only get worse.

Well yeah true... haru's voice does sound different but you can't really expect someone's voice not change over the course of time...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

13th Single - 「Taiyou Scandalous」  - Page 9 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.