Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:35 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Making a new thread so that people who were in Hawaii for the SCANDAL events can post their pictures and stories! Please feel free to post yours here!

For starters, here's my and Erich's picture with the band:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories HQGWcVM

I'll post many more things later!

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories
Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:48 am

kuro_808

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://jphip.com
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories W1RgkB3G

This is mines.

To everyone here, I had a lot of fun being with everyone.  I hope you guys come away with a great impression of Hawaii.  There is always a place for you guys and you guys can meet my forum family one day :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:50 am

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Oh, I'll post an appetizer too before I serve the main entree. Here's mine:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 00111

And as an added bonus, my cosplay:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories Img_0710

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:13 am

owmxxks

owmxxks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Exactly what I've been waiting to see all weekend!
Anxiously waiting for more .balloon.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories Tumblr12
 .happy. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

I shall post mine.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 20140603_015000_zps10dff110

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 44e80685-46e4-4cb0-ab4f-e2d4eb9f2cc8_zps21dca262
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:19 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
With what do they take pictures ? It looks it has been taken from one of those camera which give you instantly pictures lol

EDIT: Oh never mind, I was written when I asked this but i got my answer with the last post

Last edited by babaloued on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:20 am

kuro_808

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://jphip.com
babaloued wrote:With what do they take pictures ? It looks it has been taken from one of those camera which give you instantly pictures lol

It was one of those.  I had to scan and crop mines.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:21 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yup.. with somekind of polaroid cam. Idk why some Japanese tend to use it more than dslr

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:07 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Bringing over my post from the previous thread:

kaitanuva wrote:I wrote a mini novel of the entire experience from day 1 up until they left. Read if you're incredibly bored / interested. I did not proofread this at all.

Spoiler:

My pic with the girls:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 5Yi7lKN

Hallway encounter:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories UkIu9h1

ABC store encounter:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories JpEu6Dj

Pic of the runner's banner right outside the secret meeting place:

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories NcPgyqr

Note: if you guys ever see two white sticks in photos of the Ekiden music festival, that's me lol

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 61185
Back to top Go down

Experience in Hawaii~
Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:43 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Here's my side of the story! I'll edit in some pictures later~ 

Copy and pasted straight from a story/blogpost on WattPad aha:

Spoiler:

PICS:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:30 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks kaitanuva and Racheiru for the long stories!!  .hail.  Thanks all for the photos .hail. Waiting for more!

Too many things too comment on but it looked amazing! Really happy to read your stories  Happy Onion One thing seems clear, SCANDAL is even much better in "real" and it looks like you fall even more in love with them and their music if you see them live Onion Love 

How many fans were at the meet party? Does anyone know how much in total was spend for your whole trip (plane, tickets, hotel, food, etc)? Just curious.

@fredrickfx : That outfit O_O MAMI cosplay megamix =O 

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Koi no Kajitsu

Koi no Kajitsu

International Performer
International Performer
Wonderful stories and pics!  .toj.  
You are so lucky... I'm jealous~~ (ノ> ◇ <)ノ haha
You were really in a SCANDAL HEAVEN.  .uhuh.

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories D5QwpNd

{恋の果実}
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:49 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, it sounds like everyone had a great time!  After reading everyone's accounts here and on twitter, I'm realy sad that I missed the registration for the fan meeting....

But I'm glad that I at least got to see them live (for free!) and receive a couple of replies from Rina all in the same day.
I so wanted to take a picture of Rina when she came out to do the drum check.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a clear shot, so I gave up. 

I kind of felt bad for MONKEY MAJIK.  There're a great band, but it seemed everyone was just waiting for SCANDAL to come out.  After SCANDAL finished, a whole crowd of people left....I was glad that the Kimaguren fans made up for the large absence of people.

The sunset during the live was perfect.  It created a special atmosphere that you can't create anywhere else.

I guess, one good thing is that they enjoyed their trip and want to come back again someday.  Timo said she wants to make it a yearly thing to come down.  They also inspired a lot of people to visit Hawaii, so that's good for tourism.  Fans can even try to recreate their trip.  Also, since the fan meeting was a success, they want to do it again, either here or in Japan.

Ah, an extra:  Apparently, SCANDAL had breakfast (I don't know what day.) at a restaurant that's somewhat close to my house...!  When I found that out, my face was like this the whole time reading the blogs. → Σ(゚Д゚; )
At least, Haruna finally got to eat the pancakes she wanted.  I've always wanted to try the ones she had.  Though, there are other restaurants with equally amazing pancakes, so maybe next time....

Last edited by MICHIO87 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added information, fixed kaomoji)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
MICHIO87 wrote:Wow, it sounds like everyone had a great time!  After reading everyone's accounts here and on twitter, I'm realy sad that I missed the registration for the fan meeting....

But I'm glad that I at least got to see them live (for free!) and receive a couple of replies from Rina all in the same day.
I so wanted to take a picture of Rina when she came out to do the drum check.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a clear shot, so I gave up. 

I kind of felt bad for MONKEY MAJIK.  There're a great band, but it seemed everyone was just waiting for SCANDAL to come out.  After SCANDAL finished, a whole crowd of people left....I was glad that the Kimaguren fans made up for the large absence of people.

The sunset during the live was perfect.  It created a special atmosphere that you can't create anywhere else.

I guess, one good thing is that they enjoyed their trip and want to come back again someday.  Timo said she wants to make it a yearly thing to come down.  They also inspired a lot of people to visit Hawaii, so that's good for tourism.  Fans can even try to recreate their trip.  Also, since the fan meeting was a success, they want to do it again, either here or in Japan.

Ah, an extra:  Apparently, SCANDAL had breakfast (I don't know what day.) at a restaurant that's somewhat close to my house...!  When I found that out, my face was like this the whole time reading the blogs. → Σ(゚Д゚Wink
At least, Haruna finally got to eat the pancakes she wanted.  I've always wanted to try the ones she had.  Though, there are other restaurants with equally amazing pancakes, so maybe next time....

I really enjoyed Mokey Majik but yeah I agree with you, there were almost no people when we were there for EMKE and Monkey Majik until the MC decided to invite anyone who had a yellow t-shirt inside then people started piling up to get ready for Kimaguren, after SCANDAL was done I just couldnt be there any longer, I was so tired after waiting for so long and then raging hard at the LIVE that I had to leave! I even missed Kimaguren Sad

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:16 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Maybe they underestimated SCANDAL's fans and that the band should have played last? Like that they could have also made an Encore as the closing band, even just one more song.

You guys shouldn't feel bad for the other band.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:36 am

jephilologist

jephilologist

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hmm, I also withdrew from the crowd after SCANDAL's performance to get some refreshments 'cause I forgot to bring some water with me. Well, everyone who had the yellow shirts were welcome to come in since the beginning of the live after priority entrance holders (who are of course mostly there for the fan meeting so they're SCANDAL fans).

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:You guys shouldn't feel bad for the other band.
 Precisely.

MICHIO87 wrote:I kind of felt bad for MONKEY MAJIK.

It's just that really most of the people in front were there for the SCANDAL fan meeting in the first place. They had a lot of fans there as well imo.

I was kind of in the front-center area of everything at the live and there were three japanese girls who eased their way from behind us to in front of us. One of them sneaked some pictures of MONKEY MAJIK and she was all teary eyed and "fan-girling"  .love.  LOVE  .nosebleed. (waving to get attention etc...) over the vocalists.

Everyone japanese to my right and left was singing along to their songs. Even I was swaying to their beat. The atmosphere was not intense and high-pace but the mild light of the setting sun perfectly matched their very-singable melodies. Perfect for those couples holding hands watching the waikiki horizon. Although it was by SCANDAL's turn that the sun had set and you had that transition into the night sky.

Maybe that was something the organizers aimed from the beginning. MONKEY MAJIK for the sunset. As for Kimaguren, They would also be the better last act than SCANDAL because their songs are more "motivational/inspirational" in nature. The event is a relay foot race so....you get the point.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:49 am

dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories Scanda12

Racheiru's review was incredible, accurate, and probally... ditto for all of us there. So, read that.

I too was blown away by Scandal at the Hand Shake Event and stammered something to Huruna and Tomomi. By the time I got to Mami and Rina I was a emotional wreck and my mind went blank. The girls took pity on me. Rina put a lei on me and I stumbled away.

The beach concert was great and the Scandal-Heaven Members represented will. Clapping, waving, jumping and twirling t-shirts to every song. They were all dedicated to supporting Scandal and each other.

I promise to learn more Japanese and go to many more Scandal events  !! (00) !!

Last edited by dpcarrico on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:11 am; edited 6 times in total

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:12 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:How many fans were at the meet party? Does anyone know how much in total was spend for your whole trip (plane, tickets, hotel, food, etc)? Just curious.

@fredrickfx : That outfit O_O MAMI cosplay megamix =O 

About 80 fans overall since we had 8 tables of about 10 each in the secret meeting

About 40-50 showed up to the bar party

I spent for 6 days:
-$830 plane ticket from Boston
-$407 fan meeting
-$160 hostel
-~$200 for extravagant food/drinks (we ate like kings)

Unrelated to SCANDAL:
-~$150 for Hawaiian activities and transportation

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:25 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
80 fans nice! I thought it was a bit less than that but 80 is quite a lot, great meeting!

Trip was expensive as expected but the place tickets were the most expensive part, not a surprise there. Thanks for the details, was curious about the approximate overall cost of such an amazing trip  Nice one 

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:06 pm

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow Kaitanuva and Racheiru! I couldn't have put it in better words myself! And being your body guard was not a problem Rachel haha I think Fred and I at that point were used to being body guards. 

It really was a spectacular meet. It was not only SCANDAL that made this event special but the members who attended it as well. 

I was happy enough that we were able to wish Tomomi a Happy Birthday. I felt like we definitely made it a memorable trip for her as well as the rest of the gals.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:10 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm glad that MONKEY MAJIK had some fans there for them.  From where I was, all you could see were SCANDAL fans, and after they left, the Kimaguren fans took over.  I think SCANDAL had more fans there at the live than any of the other guests this year or last year.  That's how it seemed from my area, anyway.
I actually just missed EMKE's peformance, so I didn't see how they were.  I've seen them on TV before, so I was kinda wondering how they sounded live.

Also, since Kurei from Kimaguren is the producer for the whole music event, it made sense for his band to close the night.

Ah, I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but I heard on the radio this morning that the interviews from the ekiden will be played next week.  Kimaguren on Monday, MONKEY MAJIK on Wednesday, and finally, SCANDAL on Friday.  They said it will be available for live streaming on KORL97.1's website and on their mobile app.  Scheduled time is around 8:15AM HST if I heard right.
Google Play
iTunes

Last edited by MICHIO87 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:02 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Michio87, yes you heard it right. We confirmed it with DJ Chikapin herself and she usually broadcast around 8-10am every morning.
I actually like all the bands that performed that day. I've been listening to Monkey Majik way before ekiden. Emke and Kimaguren surprised me a little bit though, I've never heard of them until I saw them live at Ekiden.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:44 am

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just wanted to say, it was great meeting you guys in HI!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks dpcarrico! Glad I was able to express at some percentage of the greatness that happened aha. I think just paying a bit more attention to Japanese will get you pretty far with understanding the gist of what happening. Nice talking and sitting next to you =) 

You reminded me of yet something else I regretted Mark... Forgot to wish Tomomi a Happy Birthday personally =\ 
I guess you guys had your designated roles then hehe (Btw, cool sig~)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:35 am

ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful experiences..  .hail.  it's painfully sweet! lol

SCANDAL in Hawaii Memories Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.