Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

Yay translated interviews section~! 

~Index~:

This may be slightly anti-climactic but my return to form is apparently going to be the GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS book. I'm getting through the interview archive section a bit faster than the long interviews at the front of the book so I'll post them at a later date when I have more material. XD For now, enjoy this flashback and some absolutely amazing lines from MAMI which shows off all of her infinite wisdom as an 18 year old, and her former belief that you can say what ever you want at an interview.

1st Single 「DOLL」Interview Date 2008 November

Photo Archives 01

“When we formed, everyone was still a student, and after school we would go to band practice just wearing our school uniforms. So when we were deciding on our outfits for street lives, our conversation turned to “wouldn’t it be more like us to perform in uniforms like we normally do?” We all went to different schools so we bought matching uniforms. These uniforms were made by a certain brand that was famous for ‘school fashion’ and we all paid for them ourselves (laughs). It was hard to find four matching outfits in all of our sizes.” (TOMOMI)

Interview Archives 01
What we have now is a sisterhood...:

... They also didn't have a lot of interview experience. XD

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding links, several times.)

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Re: GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Interview Archives
Posted Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:49 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Arigato for the translations  .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:57 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Youngg and no expereince for interviews makes it funny and cool  Nice one 

What we have now is a sisterhood, and it’s all because we’ve seen each other naked (laughs)

=O  .omg. 

but we’re all still high school students so we always get things like, “Don’t dye your hair!”

lol this is funny nowadays... right MAMI-san?  .common. 

Thanks TanyaLilac

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
"That we have now is a sisterhood, and it’s all because we’ve seen each other naked (laughs)" -WUT?! .wtf. 

Thank you for translations .hail.

GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Interview Archives Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:19 am

npvGuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
lolol sisterhood through nudity :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thanks. Happy

GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Interview Archives VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:47 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

2nd Single 「SAKURA Goodbye」Interview Date 2009 March

Photo Archive 02
For our debut single, we had all gone out to buy our own outfits, but it was around this time, we decided to ask for professional costumers. They took our measurements, and made our jackets from scratch. Meanwhile, we gave input like, “maybe it would look better with the trimming”. The skirts were store bought. It seemed like we were smaller than costumer had expected, so when we went for a fitting, they put heaps and heaps of safety pins on the back of our jackets (laughs). When we went to get changed out of them, we all got stuck because of the pins. (RINA)

Interview Archives 02

"That's what 'hello goodbye' means..." - TOMOMI:

And yes, I had to look up Sakura Goodbye's lyrics for the first time ever.

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
TanyaLilac wrote:
Photo Archive 02
For our debut single, we had all gone out to buy our own outfits, but it was around this time, we decided to ask for professional costumers. They took our measurements, and made our jackets from scratch. Meanwhile, we gave input like, “maybe it would look better with the trimming”. The skirts were store bought. It seemed like we were smaller than costumer had expected, so when we went for a fitting, they put heaps and heaps of safety pins on the back of our jackets (laughs). When we went to get changed out of them, we all got stuck because of the pins. (RINA)

lol that anecdote, real pro costumers yes yes ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:41 pm

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
thank you very much 

makes this material very well read in history

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:
TanyaLilac wrote:
Photo Archive 02

lol that anecdote, real pro costumers yes yes ^^

She might be exaggerating - I know someone who makes clothing for a living in a similar way and there's always a bit of pinning and adjustments to be done at fittings etc; no one gets a perfect fit the first time around, especially for a jacket, because you need to make allowances for what goes under the jacket. (But then they probably realised that it was okay for the blazer to be more fitted)

... But safety pins? Really?!

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:16 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Don't know if this is OT or not but i'm just curious-
Tomomi and Mami were 16 that time, right? And that's for their high school graduation.
So does that mean Haruna was already starting college that time (or supposed to, but did not because of the band)?
(Got pretty confused with their system.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:04 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ Tomo and Mami were 18 at that time. Students usually graduate HS at the age of 18 in Japan, I believe. And as for Haru, afaik, didn't enter college, and that goes to all of the the members to let them concentrate on the band

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Interview Archives Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:08 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ah so they were 18 that time o-o
I see. Thanks ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Rafaelo

Rafaelo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thanks for sharing
all this interview with everyone

GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Interview Archives W
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:10 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

3rd Single 「Shoujo S」Interview Date 2009 July

Photo Archive 03

Up until this point, we had worn actual uniforms, but they became a bit more stylish. On top of this, the colour of everyone’s ties was different; we started having subtle variations in everyone’s accessories. I feel like we thought, “Ah, we’ve become able to do cool things, hey?” as our spirits increased a lot. I was quite pleased with this outfit. (HARUNA)

Interview Archives 02

"We're playing in the rain so I guess the highlight would be ..." -RINA:

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:17 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Training camp?! .wtf. They sure had to work hard ^^ i know it's not a real training camp but hard to not imagine them like in a military camp where they have to run and do push-ups, etc =P

Ah Shoujo S, such an important song in their career! .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:02 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Training camp?! .wtf. They sure had to work hard ^^ i know it's not a real training camp but hard to not imagine them like in a military camp where they have to run and do push-ups, etc =P

Ah Shoujo S, such an important song in their career! .love.

By training camp, there is some footage out there of them driving out to Isu or somewhere to a studio to do some recording. I think it might have been on the Sakura Goodbye DVD but I have no idea. I have a distinct memory of them being excited to have yakiniku at some point with the production staff...

Onwards!

4th Single 「Yumemiru Tsubasa」Interview Date 2009 October

Photo Archive 04

This is the same outfit we used for BEST★SCANDAL. If I think about it, everyone still had black hair and we still had a matching theme. Only our ties were different, I guess. And we did our first one man live in this outfit. It was winter so I remember we thought we’d be fine, but of course, it turned out to be way too hot. (MAMI)

Interview Archive 04

Wouldn't you say you need a bit of courage to talk about your dreams? - MAMI:

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:24 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
TanyaLilac wrote:
By training camp, there is some footage out there of them driving out to Isu or somewhere to a studio to do some recording. I think it might have been on the Sakura Goodbye DVD but I have no idea. I have a distinct memory of them being excited to have yakiniku at some point with the production staff...

Training camp = Kitty's IZU STUDIO in Itō (and yes it's on the SG DVD)

BTW, Tanya thx for the translate, you're awesome!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

1st Album『BEST★SCANDAL』Interview Date 2009 November

Photo Archive 05
In the beginning, we all had the same straight, long black hair – to the point where people would often tell us, “I can’t tell you apart” (laughs). Eventually we started wanting to express our own individuality. For this outfit, we discussed things with our stylist and made some modifications. The red chequered skirt is quite uniform-ish, and it has a bit of spirit to it. It’s one of the things I’ve liked quite a lot. (TOMOMI)

Interview Archive 05
"The four of us have written various songs, but that is the running theme." - RINA:

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:42 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
「I think there are a lot of girls who can’t say what they really feel to the person that they’re dating. But, if you could put what you really felt in a song, wouldn’t you be able to shout it at someone? If you sang it in front of your boyfriend, I think you’d feel better.」 (TOMOMI)
>Haha good one,Tomo!

For research, they asked their male staff about hurtful things women had said to them.
>lols

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Interview Archives Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum