Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

#7 on daily Oricon Album Chart (December 8.)!

1st week #3 with 35,699 copies! With that they just broke thier own record, again!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』
Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 am

Hachiko-Chan

Hachiko-Chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Can't wait to have one  .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:12 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Finally all my editions arrived today! .clap.

DVD-Edition
T-Shirt Edition
Vinyl Edition
Single of Harukaze
3 posters

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Scandard

Scandard

Caless Student
Caless Student
joon wrote:Finally all my editions arrived today! .clap.

DVD-Edition
T-Shirt Edition
Vinyl Edition
Single of Harukaze
3 posters
Whoa. Are you loaded or something? .rich. .wtf.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
joon wrote:Finally all my editions arrived today! .clap.

DVD-Edition
T-Shirt Edition
Vinyl Edition
Single of Harukaze
3 posters

I think you are very very happy. I still waiting for mine...

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 15 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:38 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Scandard wrote:Whoa. Are you loaded or something? .rich. .wtf.

Not exactly, just dedicated (or slightly obsessed. You pick) .uhuh.
Some people spend their money on alcohol and partying. Or they buy a new phone every year. I buy collector items like this.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Scandard

Scandard

Caless Student
Caless Student
joon wrote:
Scandard wrote:Whoa. Are you loaded or something? .rich. .wtf.

Not exactly, just dedicated (or slightly obsessed. You pick) .uhuh.
Some people spend their money on alcohol and partying. Or they buy a new phone every year. I buy collector items like this.
Cool~ they might be worth thousands of dollars someday  .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:58 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Nice joon! Have a lot of fun then! And I understand about the money, I'm a bit the same for that. some people go out a lot buying drinks or something, others buys several CDs from the band they love or things like that ! Happy

Still waiting for my little package. I don't mind the wait, I already listening to the album thanks to the interwebs, but I just hope it isn't lost. I'm also impatient to watch the docu on the DVD version .shy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:05 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just a bit disappointed that the seal on the vinyl is open on the side Sad

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 15 MnLWskEl

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:20 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

I've posted my translations of RINA's self-liner notes about each of the songs on the album here:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t11213-self-liner-notes-2014-12-08-rina#686510

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 15 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:21 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

sillentdx wrote:#7 on daily Oricon Album Chart (December 8.)!

1st week #3 with 35,699 copies! With that they just broke thier own record, again!

Hum I don't understand this, what record? 35.699 sales for 1st week is far from the record or I am missing something here ?

For the 1st week sales we have :
- STANDARD : 43.069
- SCANDAL SHOW : 42.246 (but it's a Best album so it's different)
- BABY ACTION : 37.803

So unless I am missing something or all my datas are wrong ^^

That being said, if my datas are correct, it's less than STANDARD but it's still okay I guess. I just wish them the best so want them to sell a lot so they and their company are happy.

Let's see week #2 Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
joon wrote:Just a bit disappointed that the seal on the vinyl is open on the side Sad

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 15 MnLWskEl
Is it the custom checking? That clear sleeve is resealable! Why they cut open from the side?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
sillentdx wrote:#7 on daily Oricon Album Chart (December 8.)!

can you give a source , cause i`ve searched on Oricon and for 1st week on december still no data

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 15 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:07 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, about breaking their record... I think it's about the ranks.

First week:
BABY ACTION-4th
Queens are Trumps-4th
STANDARD-3rd
HELLO WORLD-3rd

Source: generasia
which is (as far as I know) managed by someone from this forum

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:35 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum I don't understand this, what record? 35.699 sales for 1st week is far from the record or I am missing something here ?

They're the only all-female band to ever have 4 -now 6- studio albums ranked in the Top 5 starting from their debut album in the history of Oricon. The last all-female band to have 3 studio albums ranked in the Top 5 starting from their debut album was Pink Sapphire back in 1992!

Joshua10red wrote:
can you give a source , cause i`ve searched on Oricon and for 1st week on december still no data
Search on Tieba Baidu with the keyword "Oricon" (I won't give the link here coz they have some warez)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:14 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Metal Mickey wrote:Is it the custom checking? That clear sleeve is resealable! Why they cut open from the side?

It's not the customs. The package was perfectly sealed with the cardboard tape that CDJapan uses.

.waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:46 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
sillentdx wrote:
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Hum I don't understand this, what record? 35.699 sales for 1st week is far from the record or I am missing something here ?

They're the only all-female band to ever have 4 -now 6- studio albums ranked in the Top 5 starting from their debut album in the history of Oricon. The last all-female band to have 3 studio albums ranked in the Top 5 starting from their debut album was Pink Sapphire back in 1992!

Oh wow that's awesome then I just thought you were speaking about the sales sorry! Congrats SCANDAL then .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
UPDATE 12/09/14

From 7th to 25th.

That was one big drop, though I guess that's somehow normal since newly released albums took most the positions.

6th Album - 『HELLO WORLD』 - Page 15 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:23 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Most of the sales drop both from STANDARD to Hello World, as well as from the first week to the second week, is probably attributable to both the time of year and the relative lack of promotional opportunities. People are thinking about other things in December, and there aren't as many people out and about to see posters, store displays, jumbotrons or whatever.

I don't think it's really got much to do with the music itself.

I'm not sure why they chose to release in December other than maybe just that the album wasn't ready until then. It doesn't seem to be the ideal month for a new release. Maybe it'll pick up again as we get closer to Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:25 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
spacecadet wrote:Most of the sales drop both from STANDARD to Hello World, as well as from the first week to the second week, is probably attributable to both the time of year and the relative lack of promotional opportunities. People are thinking about other things in December, and there aren't as many people out and about to see posters, store displays, jumbotrons or whatever.

I don't think it's really got much to do with the music itself.

I'm not sure why they chose to release in December other than maybe just that the album wasn't ready until then. It doesn't seem to be the ideal month for a new release. Maybe it'll pick up again as we get closer to Christmas.

If Hello World was released in January 2015, the album will definitely sell more. But who knows, the sales of Hello World and Image single will boost after the Holiday season? Also, there are lots of new releases from different artists this month.

BTW buddy, I believe you also have ordered the LP version, right? What kind of turntable setup setup do you have?

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
MamiNoodles wrote:BTW buddy, I believe you also have ordered the LP version, right? What kind of turntable setup setup do you have?

I have an old crappy Teac P-595 with an equally old Audio Technica cartridge on it that was actually really good at the time but is probably just dust at this point. I haven't turned it on in years. I'm not sure I'll ever play the LP. I bought it to collect, but I may end up not even keeping it - I'm trying not to own stuff just to collect anymore. I will decide once I get it. I kind of regretted ordering it but I couldn't cancel it, so it's on its way now.

The album is growing on me like I thought it would. The one thing is I wish I hadn't heard so many of the songs before. So much of the album already feels old to me, and those are unfortunately some of the better songs on it. But a few of the new songs are songs I'm just so glad I finally got to hear; they're great, and really show off their true personalities. But there are a few total duds too. I don't think I ever need to hear "Love in Action" again, for example.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:50 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Good point about the release date. I don't think anyone here is saying "they didn't break their sales record, this album sucks!!!" Happy The album is fantastic to say the least.

About the "old songs" I"m like you spacecadet. Yoake, Your song, Runners high and Departure feel really old in "SCANDAL's time" and sometimes now I skip them to only listen to the new songs =P But I think it's natural and doesn't mean they are not great, just that we are of course attracted to new songs !

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:30 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
That's an issue I've been having with a lot of Japanese acts I'm obsessed with: listening to the singles to death, months ahead of the album's release, and then feeling kinda disjointed when finally hearing the album because I already know a lot of the songs by heart. It creates a sense of 'imbalance' that can be jarring (for example I had listened to "Image" more than 50 times before the album came out, now I usually skip it when I listen to the album). It definitely takes quite a few listens to view the album as a whole rather than "old songs + new songs".

I've also noticed that Rina's drums are very different on some of the older tracks (like "Departure" or "Yoake no Ryūseigun"), where they sound a bit flat, simplistic and robotic, as opposed to most of the new tracks like "Your Song" (now quite a new song though), "Love in Action", "Graduation" or Onegai Navigation", where her playing really shines and is even enhanced by the clear production. It makes the contrast even bigger, like she had a quantum leap in her drumming chops in just a matter of a few months.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:14 pm

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Some pre-album songs do sound old to me now too, mostly Departure.

Runners high is an exception though, it still sounds fresh to my ear  .shout.

I have no complaints about the songs. They're all good stuff. Love in action and Hon wo Yomu are my favorites in this album. Onegai Navigation is special, it's one of a kind! Graduation, for me, is not that appealing. I mean yeah, the lyrics are great but the music is too dominant that you won't even feel Haruna's singing. 
Just sharing my thoughts. .nerd.

oh UPDATE! HELLO WORLD went up from 25th to 17th today. LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:18 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Yeah "Onegai Navigation" really stands out. I agree with everyone that I'd love it to be a little longer, but then it begs for repeated listens.

I found "Graduation" to be nothing special at first but now it's one of my favorite. So classic but still so great, with fantastic playing from all the band. Even "Winter Story" has grown on me, I'm not too sure about the beginning but the rest is really good.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.