Go down

BAND-MAID [Page 2 of 19]

Re: BAND-MAID
Posted Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:05 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Stumbled onto these girls on YouTube today, as it appeared in my recommended videos.
WOW!

It's going to be fun to follow them and see where things go. If they sound anything like this live then they have so much success ahead of them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:24 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Joon: If you haven't already, follow them on Twitter. Just about everyone in the band posts on a daily basis.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:28 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
saldiven wrote:@Joon: If you haven't already, follow them on Twitter. Just about everyone in the band posts on a daily basis.
I follow them on Facebook to keep track of what they do. Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:43 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
joon wrote:
saldiven wrote:@Joon: If you haven't already, follow them on Twitter. Just about everyone in the band posts on a daily basis.
I follow them on Facebook to keep track of what they do. Nice one

Haha, me too.

It seems they have a good idea about using social media for self promotion. On their twitter feeds, they've even favorite some of my tweets, so I have to assume that they read at least some of the messages they get.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:52 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
saldiven wrote:me too.

It seems they have a good idea about using social media for self promotion. On their twitter feeds, they've even favorite some of my tweets, so I have to assume that they read at least some of the messages they get.
Oh wow! That's so cool! .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:34 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
joon wrote:

Yeah, I was surprised when it first happened just an hour or so after my tweet. It doesn't happen a lot, but it's a pleasant surprise when they do, especially considering I post in English. I assume they use the translator function, or they have at least some level of English reading ability.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:18 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
I pretty love this band so much now, since their music is what my soul craves for Happy looking forward to these cool girls \m/

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:01 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
saldiven wrote:
joon wrote:

Yeah, I was surprised when it first happened just an hour or so after my tweet. It doesn't happen a lot, but it's a pleasant surprise when they do, especially considering I post in English. I assume they use the translator function, or they have at least some level of English reading ability.

Judging from the way that they sing parts in English, not so much as in Engrish... we can assume that they have at least some understanding of language Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
For anyone who likes BAND-MAID, I would recommend voting for them on J-Melos Breakthrough Artist Showcase 2015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
joon wrote:For anyone who likes BAND-MAID, I would recommend voting for them on J-Melos Breakthrough Artist Showcase 2015

Yup, already did, along with about a half dozen others that I liked. Check out the song by SxPlay on that site, too. That girl can sing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:43 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Thank you joon for the videos. Great to see live videos. The audio seems to be recorded in the venue not from the sound mixer or the regular way for lives.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
joon wrote:For anyone who likes BAND-MAID, I would recommend voting for them on J-Melos Breakthrough Artist Showcase 2015

By the way, J-MELO announced yesterday the leaders after August for the showcase voting.

Band-Maid received the 2nd most votes in August!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:06 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
I already voted them Happy cool girls and Saiki, Misa and Miku are <3

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:45 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Looks like Band-Maid is releasing a new album on November 4th. It doesn't have an official name or album art as of yet, though there is a track list out there. The band's twitter feeds have photos of the band both doing photo-shoots (probably for the album jacket art) and filming on a green screen (most likely for a new video).

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:03 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Can't wait for their new PV.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Mamiisthebest

Mamiisthebest

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/u14464
Aweshum band :D

.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:26 am

Drakis07

Drakis07

Caless Student
Caless Student
I saw their band name mentioned a few times those last months on some sites so today i decided to check them on youtube and i must say that i was impressed, then i've found a interview of them in english and i was even more impressed. Their band story is rather interesting and they are experimented musicians except for Miku the second guitar. Cool fact that i learned is that Akane the drummer is the leader and Kanami the lead guitar is second-in-command.

Their music is good and the fact that the really play their instruments is a big A+ in my book, so i think that i will keep a eye on them. Good chance that i will become a fan when i will know more about them. Japanese rock girl band like Band-Maid and Scandal are awesome and push the stereotypes in the trash and i like that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:33 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Miku actually does have a lot of experience with vocals (which you can really hear in some of her harmonies). She started playing guitar when the band was formed two years ago, and you can tell she's been working really hard on improving. Just watching her playing in "Thrill" from last November, and compare that to her playing in "Real Existence" from early this summer, and you can tell she's improved.

I'm pretty sure I know the interview you're talking about. My favorite part was when they were asked about the attitude that some people have that girls can't play hard rock, and Akane says, "Crush that prejudice. Just crush it."

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Drakis07

Drakis07

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yup, that's the interview you think of, it was very instructive for a new fan like me. yeah i know about Miku experience in vocals and guitar , that what i meant and said experimented musicians except Miku, rather then experimented artist or singer. So yeah it's nice that they all a strong musical background as musicians and/or singers.

There's one thing i'm curious about the members is how old are each member, i've found nothing about their ages on googles. They seem in their mid-twenty.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Artur

Artur

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500.gif
saldiven wrote:I'm pretty sure I know the interview you're talking about. My favorite part was when they were asked about the attitude that some people have that girls can't play hard rock, and Akane says, "Crush that prejudice. Just crush it."
Hi! One question... is this interview In youtube or Dailymotion? How is it called? :D
Just to see it  .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:08 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Artur wrote:
saldiven wrote:I'm pretty sure I know the interview you're talking about. My favorite part was when they were asked about the attitude that some people have that girls can't play hard rock, and Akane says, "Crush that prejudice. Just crush it."
Hi! One question... is this interview In youtube or Dailymotion? How is it called? :D
Just to see it  .wow.

It's actually in print.

@Drakis: That's a topic of much conversation on the Band-Maid Fans Worldwide facebook page.

The best anyone can figure is early to mid-20's. Miku used to work at a noodle cafe (kind of a type of maid cafe), and you have to be 20 to work at those. Estimating from the amount of time some mention having played their instruments also makes that age range the most probable. An interesting note is that Kanami's birthday is on the 28th of this month. Those of us on the Band-Maid Fans North America facebook page are planning on, at the very least, spamming her twitter feed with happy birthday messages.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:53 am

Drakis07

Drakis07

Caless Student
Caless Student
More i learn about that band more i find them interesting and i was able able to find their first mini-album "Maid in Japan" and the the single "Ai to Jounetsu no Matador" and i must say that i really like their sound and music. But all i know about the members is what that i've read in the interview and i want to know more about the girls before consider my-self officially a true fan lol.  
Anyway i don't regret discovering Band-Maid, their music and their songs are awesome and how not to like 5 talented young beautiful girls and musicians in maid outfit doing hard rock. I'm guessing that i will be a true fan in no time by knowing them better and following them. I can already say all their first name. 

I will probably send a happy birthday to kanami too. Oh and thank you for the link to the Facebook worldwide fan site it will be a good a good way to know more about them. .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:20 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You should subscribe to all of their Twitter feeds. They post in Japanese, but the translator function on Twitter isn't that bad. Pretty much all of them post pretty regularly, though MISA posts the least frequently. Probably Miku and Kanami post the most, with Saiki and Akane posting a bit less frequently. If you subscribe to all of them, you'll see posts all day long from them, numbering in the dozens.

I've mentioned this before, but they must read the majority of their replies on Twitter; I've had my posts replied to on a couple of occasions, in English even.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:08 am

Drakis07

Drakis07

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm more on instagram then twitter but i already added their twitters. That will maybe push me to go on twitter more often, what turn me off on twitter is that i follow too many people that don't speak english lol i think that i am at 49 following Band-maid included. lol 

But thank you for all the infos that you have gave me so far. Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum