Re: SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
"Genki de ne" is my second favorite song, but I am totally okay if is is not in their set when they come to North America.  They have so many good songs that need a chance in the set list.  Many tunes have sadly disappeared since whatever album they were on was no longer being supported (ex: "Metronom," "Maborishi Night," "Runners High"-- too many to list).

I was more surprised in the last couple of tours to see "Doll" dropped from heavy rotation.  Along with "Scandal Baby" this one always seemed like their "Piano Man" or "Born To Run," the song they have to play for the fans.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 am

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Based on past experience. There is hope they will consider to include some fans favourite tunes for their overseas tour. Especially those places they will visit for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 3:35 am

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
Metal Mickey wrote:Based on past experience. There is hope they will consider to include some fans favourite tunes for their overseas tour. Especially those places they will visit for the first time.

I hope they DONT do this for the upcoming North America tour, it always sucks when they just change the setlist to add more "english friendly" songs instead of just continuing their tour as normal

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 5:35 am

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
They should follow the model of the best touring band ever, the Rolling Stones. And play the effin' hits. Sure everyone has heard them before, but there's a reason why the Stones make more money and have toured for longer than anyone else. They give the fans what they want to hear.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 5:59 am

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
3mania wrote:They should follow the model of the best touring band ever, the Rolling Stones. And play the effin' hits. Sure everyone has heard them before, but there's a reason why the Stones make more money and have toured for longer than anyone else. They give the fans what they want to hear.

Were you sleeping when they toured the entire country of Japan playing literally their "best hit" songs from their BEST ALBUM self titled SCANDAL? 

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13297-scandal-tour-2017scandal-s-47-prefecture-tour

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 6:06 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

3mania wrote:They should follow the model of the best touring band ever, the Rolling Stones. And play the effin' hits. Sure everyone has heard them before, but there's a reason why the Stones make more money and have toured for longer than anyone else.

Okay, you can't go around trying to compare SCANDAL to a band like that, nor expecting them, nor ANY band for that matter, to do what they do. That's just not fair.

They give the fans what they want to hear.

What fans "want to hear" is VERY subjective and obviously differs from person to person. Not everyone is going to want to hear only 'hit' songs like your favorite 'Genki de ne'

This is really, really off-topic now. So, we shall not discuss this subject any further in this thread.

Anyway. Here's MAMI's Instagram post from the previous performance:

MAMI:「in Tokyo, day 2
TOUR   HONEY
Nakano Sunplaza
Thanks to everyone who came out
So! After the live
There was another modest basket left in our dressing room
But hold on!
It was more perfect than yesterday's〜
Look lookー!!
Isn't it modest?!
Not to mention the grilled chicken and karaage (fried chicken) and karaage and karaage and karaage and karaage and karaage and karaage and kushikatsu (deep-fried skewered meat and vegetables) and kushikatsu and kushikatsu
A lady who loves fried foods
#Continuing from yesterday
#a picture with
#the basket⤴️
#Actually
#I won't eat that much
#I have a system
#for quickly pulling out what I want to eat
#But when I'm told, "Eat up"
#I feel like I'm able to eat
#Unreasonable?

#Also
#you should pay attention to
#this blue dress
#It's so vibrant and adorable
#I was also complemented by our stylist
#A dress that won on this day
#LEBECCA boutique
#The shape too really is adorable
#and the waist area is awesome
#Extraordinarily comfy
#The size of the collar is seriously godlike
#Aーh
#Cute is the correct meaning
#I was going to take a picture of the whole thing but wasn't able to
#Am I bad at taking pictures
#Yes, I'm bad at it
#Am I bad at Instagram
#The size of the picture that I didn't use any features on won't return to normal」

2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 am

eaaaaan

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://instagram.com/eaaaaan
Mami's instagram posts never fail to make me happy!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I have to remember to stop looking at her posts before I have my first meal of the day.  They always look so good, and she's an appealing food model.  BTW, her hair goes very well with the blue of that dress.

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
Shizuoka Prefecture @ Shizuoka City Shimizu Cultural Center Marinart - May 18th

Performance #21 of 23

Supposed set list:

Spoiler:
01. Platform Syndrome
02. OVER
03. SCANDAL BABY
04. Oh! No!
05. Kan Biiru
06. Short Short
07. Mado wo Aketara
08. Departure
09. Futari
10. Midnight City
11. Electric Girl
12. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!
13. Space Ranger
14. Shunkan Sentimental
15. Flashback No.5
16. Take Me Out
17. Koisuru Universe

Encore:
18. Sisters
19. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne

SCANDAL:「Performance #21 of SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" @ Shizuoka City Shimizu Cultural Center Marinart is done!!

Shizuoka was so pumped upー
Thanks so much to the many people who came out on a busy Friday night!

Two more performances left on this tour

Tomorrow's Gifu Can't waitー!」

TOMOMI:「Thanks, Shizuokaaaー

RINA:「Performance #21 of our tour at Shizuoka City Shimizu Cultural Center Marinart Large Hall Thanks, everyone! Happy there was so much energy✌︎」

HARUNA:「Thanks, Shizuokaー
We'll have our revenge and go to Sawayaka restaurant someday!」

MAMI:「That warm applause from everyone in Shizuoka was everything
We really do have luck on our side as performers - thank you

MAMI:MAMI:「I applied for the first round of presales that started today on e+ for ELLEGARDEN's live and am feeling relieved
It doesn't go in order of arrival, but I was rushing

RINA:「Since my hair has grown out, today was the first time on this tour that I did a natural inward curl

SCANDAL:「Thank you SHIZUOKA
Next stop→GIFU

HARUNA:「Thankyou SHIZUOKA
It was a really great night☺️︎」

MAMI:「in Shizuoka
TOUR HONEY
Shizuoka City Shimizu Cultural Center Marinart
Thanks to everyone who came out
There was motsu curry at catering today...!!
The spicy scent of curry and the wild fragrance of motsu mixed together!

Also, even my beloved melon was included in our refreshments
Next time I must go to a Sawayaka restaurant!!
Yes, for their Hamburg steak
#Sawayaka
#Hamburg steak
#People come to Shizuoka
#just to eat
#Sawayaka's Hamburg steak
#Awesome
#I haven't eaten it
#I want to eat it
#I want to go to Shizuoka
#just to eat
#Sawayaka's Hamburg steak
#You often see people going there
#particularly on Instagram
#You do often see them, right
#I wanted to give off
#an Ore no Catering (a curry restaurant) vibe
#but I wonder if it does
#There were
#sandwiches today too
#Sandwiches?

#I can't stop
#Eh
#Hold on a sec
#What happened to my arm?
#Isn't it bending in a way that doesn't bend?
#Tomorrow 's Gifu
#Yoro Tenmeihantenchi (Site of Reversible Destiny; a park in Gifu)
#I want to go there」

2011.7.3 AM2 - Anaheim, CA 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015.4.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 4.26「HW」London, UK 4.30「HW」Essen, GER 5.15「HW」Chicago, IL 5.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 5.22「HW」LA, CA 5.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD @武道館5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes @泉大津フェニックス 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @Ibaraki 7.15 Mito 7.17 Tokyo 2018.9.5 SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" @NY 9.7 @SF 9.9 @Anaheim 9.12 @MTY 9.14 @MEX 9.16 @TX
Back to top Go down

SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" - Performance #22, Gifu
Posted on Sun May 20, 2018 1:30 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
Gifu Prefecture @ Gifu Civic Auditorium - May 19th

Performance #22 of 23

Set list:

Spoiler:
01. Platform Syndrome
02. OVER
03. SCANDAL BABY
04. Oh! No!
05. Kan Biiru
06. Short Short
07. Mado wo Aketara
08. Departure
09. Futari
10. Midnight City
11. Electric Girl
12. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!
13. Space Ranger
14. Shunkan Sentimental
15. Flashback No.5
16. Take Me Out
17. Koisuru Universe

Encore:
18. Sisters
19. LOVE SURVIVE

SCANDAL:「SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" performance #22 @ Gifu Civic Auditorium is done!!

Gifu, the semi-finale! It was as exciting―no, more exciting than a live houseー Thanks so much for this precious Saturday

Next week's finally the tour finale in Kobe
Let's have funー!」

TOMOMI:「Thanks, Gifu!

HARUNA:「Thanks, Gifu Such a lovely excitement!
There's one performance remaining on our domestic tour.
It's been a really great tour, so although it's sad that it's ending, we want to enjoy the tour finale in Kobe with a ton of people Come and see us if you have time!」

RINA:「Performance #22 of our tour at Gifu Civic Auditorium! It was an outrageous semi-finale We're so glad we got to play a live in Gifu this year too〜 Thanks! Love」

MAMI:「The rabbits on the really adorable clothes I wore today are adorable

SCANDAL:「Thank you GIFU
Next stop→KOBE

HARUNA:「Thankyou GIFU
(The excitement that felt like one of a live house even though it was at a hall was insane)」

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 am

eaaaaan

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://instagram.com/eaaaaan
Haruna has been extra adorable lately!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 am

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Does anyone who attended the Honey tour in Japan know which song Mami played with a slide?
I notice that tube at her mic stand in the official pic for her Birthday.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 21, 2018 9:36 am

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I attended the Tour twice and I don't know what's the answer. Lol. Maybe because I don't know a thing about music. Lol. I'm just a listener.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Metal Mickey wrote:Does anyone who attended the Honey tour in Japan know which song Mami played with a slide?
I notice that tube at her mic stand in the official pic for her Birthday.

Nice, I haven't noticed that. That seems interesting cuz there is no song, well at least to my knowledge, of Scandal that uses a slide.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Seems like Mami rearranged the guitar solo of a song. Can't wait to hear which one.
This is the magic of SCANDAL. The girls dare to try. Keep evolving and improving.
They keep come up with new things every once in a while.
The Asia tour kick off in 20 days in Hong Kong. I'm sure Mami will play that particular song again.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My guess is she uses a slide to get that weird, metallic strum effect effect at the beginning of "Electric Girl."

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (11 votes)

Before the tour finale in Kobe today, here are my translations of the Q&A corners from performances 9 to 22!

*You can find the Q&As for the past performances by searching through this thread.

Q&A from performance #9 in Niigata:

Spoiler:
Q. When you're spotted [on the streets, etc.], is it okay for fans to call out to you?

All: We want people to call out to us

H: When I was sleeping on the shinkansen before, I was woken up because I was called out to, and when I thought it over, I realized that I had been kind of curt

Q. TOMO, you won't be starting an Instagram?

She doesn't think she'd keep at it long enough, but she'll think about it

MAMI suggested that she link it to her Twitter but put different pictures

Q. How many songs did you make for the album? Are there any songs you discarded?

M: We made 11 songs this time

R: It was dependent on our mood, so there are ones that we made but are unreleased. We put out one album per year, so we wanted Sony to praise us

Q. What makes you start liking someone of the opposite gender? Do you confess for yourselves?

H: There's a gap

T: Do people who seem that they would like Japanese food eat French food?
I've never confessed, but I'll induce someone to confess

H: Apply for it

T: Before I die, I'd like to confess to someone one day

H: Please do so

Q&A from performance #10 in Kanazawa:

Spoiler:
Q. Do you have salaries? A commission system?
How much honey can you buy in a month?

All: We get salaries from our office and royalties from our record company lol

T: Well, if we're talking about manuka honey, it's about 500,000,000 bottles lol. To be honest, it came out to around 300 bottles last month!

H+R: Hold up; that's way too much lol

R+M: A bandsman's life is hard lol

Q. Do you have any complaints about the tour schedule?

M: Honestly speaking, yes lol

H: Same here lol. I wanted to go to the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art [here in Kanazawa], but it's closed tomorrow

M: Eh? I've gone before

T+H+R: Wait, when?? Stop going out on your own lol

M: I want to eat soft-serve ice cream with gold leaf tomorrow

T+M+R: Tomorrow? Let's go somewhere this time together, okay? Let's not have someone go by themselves?

Q. Do you still want to continue [to be a band] even when you're grannies?

T: Of course! Is what I'd like to say...

R: Rather, would you still come and see us even when we're 80?

H: I'd be in my 90s lol

T: Maybe we could only do songs where the tempo's 150 bpm. We'd be sitting down when doing ballads

R: We'd like to continue on until a member passes away, so keep following us, okay!

Q. How do you decide to do a song with dual vocals?

T: I actually made "Kan Biiru" thinking that I'd have HARU-chan sing it because HARU-chan would be able to drink during the 「Moshi mo nomeru nara akete shimaitai (I want to open it if I can gulp it down)」 line
H: I'd have to open it that much lol

T: I can't drink so my way of singing was rooted in reality, so I ended up singing it!

Q. Are you looking forward to Million Rock Festival 2018?

R: This year we got to choose which festivals to appear at. There aren't many chances to be able to see us at festivals. We don't want it to seem like it would be nice to see us a festival without going to a solo live of ours.

H: I want to play not only fast songs but ballads as well, and we also want to show the best set we can give.

Q&A from performance #11 in Hiroshima:

Spoiler:
Q. Are there any sparks between you and other all-girl bands?

A: We view them as rivals in a good way!
We're not on bad terms, and we respect all all-girl bands☺️

Q. Have you been hit on by celebrities?

A: We won't name names, but we have!
When she thought that this person seemed hopeless, RINA turned them down and said she doesn't have a LINE account (haha)

Q. What do you think about fans who wear tokkoufuku jackets [like the ones SCANDAL wore at their first Budokan performance during "Scandal Nanka Buttobase"] or jumpsuits to live shows?

A: We're happy that people cosplay those, but it can look boorish when you're at the venue or in line for goods and can give a bad impression, so let's maintain order, okay.

Q. It feels like the members make eye contact [with fans] during live shows, but are you really making eye contact?

A: We look at everyone more than you think, and we do make sure to make eye contact! We also see those moments when you're yawning or being absentminded, haha

Q. Timo, you won't be starting an Instagram?

A: Not today! haha

Cannot find the Q&A from performance #12 in Yonago.

Q&A from performance #13 in Nagoya, day 1:

Spoiler:
Q. Which famous person have you been happy to meet so far?

R: Ayumi Hamasaki! I love Ayu

H: When we were together with SMAP at FNS and I got a high-five from Takuya Kimura, I died lol

R: At that time, I was frantically sticking close to the back of Ayu and I was sent a ton of screenshots on Twitter lol

T: You went ahead of SMAP at that time lol

Q. Have there been any unappetizing foods you've had at places you've been to so far?

T: A fruit in Indonesia. It smelled like mud lol

H: It smelled like a wet cloth lol

R: It smelled like the underside of a shoe lol

M: I think it smelled like when there's saliva under your nose lol

All: When they had Marius-kun eat it on M-STATION, the way he ate it made it look so good. Idols are amazing, aren't they lol

Q. Are there any names you don't like to be called by?

T: Timo! After MAMI wrote "Tも" (t-mo) and left out the "O" in a text she sent, I started being called that!

M: For RINA, isn't it "RINA-riー"? Your little sister calls you that

R: But I definitely don't say "Please call me RINA-riー" to RINA fans lol

H: For me, I don't like being called "HARU-nee"!

Q. When you have a song that you want to have done, how do you make it come true?

T: I open a window and wish every day to the night sky that it'll come true~

R: Like we'll sing it if you're able to say it three seconds before a shooting star falls?? But we refer to the songs that we reply to each other with!

Q. You've said that the band will go to an onsen, but have you gone?

All: We haven't lololol

R: Even when I LINE them things like, "This place looks good," I'm left on read... They probably don't want to go...lolol

Q. Do you have any regrets with naming the band "SCANDAL"?

R: Just one! Since our name's "SCANDAL," there have been times when we hadn't been used for commercial tie-ins lol

T: We knew right after we debuted that there was a bad image [attached to the name]

H: When we introduce ourselves to higher ups, it catches their attention and they're like, "That's quite a name..."

Q&A from performance #14 in Nagoya, day 2:

Spoiler:
Q. Why did you change your logo?

T: In the past it was useful as a uniform emblem

R: Our goods also got more stylish-looking after we changed our logo. We thought everyone would think it was cool too, but we were dissed about it lol

H: We just changed our logo into one that suits who we are now!

Q. Do the four of you not live together?

T: When we moved to Tokyo we lived in a single-family house with a boy ghost, so the five of us lived together

H: I thought TOMO's room was above mine, and since you could always hear the sound of footsteps, I thought that she was practicing dancing in the middle of the night, but that wasn't it. There wasn't a room above me in the first place

After that we went to the convenience store while crying and bought some salt

Q. What's the most expensive thing you've bought recently?

R: A TV stand. I bought nice furniture after I moved last summer

T: Maybe pork...

H+R+M: Why pork lol

H: I spent around 200,000 yen (~$2,000 USD) at IKEA a little while ago

T: I remember now! I've been obsessed with making candles recently and bought 10 kilos of beeswax

H+R: What are you, a merchant? lol

M: The Sagawa or Yamato (shipping companies in Japan) people were probably surprised too lol

Q. Why do you sound unenthusiastic during the "Let's go" part in "SCANDAL BABY"?

R: You mean on the CD?
Those are HARU's and MAMI's voices

T: I always sing it wrong at lives lol

M: I don't sing it at lives lol

R: It's cute when it's enthusiastic

T: It's because it was a song that expressed our commitment at the time

H: Thanks to you guys, it's now the top song that gets everyone excited

T: It's okay; I'm enthusiastic lololol

Cannot find the Q&A from performance #15 in Takamatsu.

Q&A from performance #16 in Nara:

Spoiler:
Q. What songs would you recommend as an intro to SCANDAL?

All: Let's all say them together!

H: "Shunkan Sentimental"

T: "SCANDAL BABY"

M+R: "Platform Syndrome"

R: I'd want them to hear a new song! You can't cling on to past glories forever

T: That song is definitely not one of those, though lol

H: TOMO, why do you have that POV lol
Quit that lol

Q. How about making a song [you're currently playing on tour] into the new towel-spinning song?

T: We thought you wouldn't realize that we're not playing "DOLL" nor "Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY" this time

R: How about "Oh! No!"?

M: Isn't the tempo too fast?

R: Maybe spin them slower? But that wouldn't look good lol

H: If we choose one now, it has to be done next time

All: Let's make a new one! It'll be homework♡

Q. What's the difference between live shows that are made into DVDs, and ones that aren't?

H+R: The [ones made into DVDs] are at big venues or commemorative lives

M: For this tour there aren't seats reserved for camera locations, and it was impossible to do since we were told that at the very last second!

R: Ultimately, it's Sony who decides lol

Q. What live was physically the toughest?

H: SCAFES [their 10th anniversary live]! It was 40°C/104°F on stage; I thought I was going to die

R: SUMMER SONIC! It was intense and we thought about not doing the last count during "Taiyou Scandalous" lol

M: Taiwan! All of the sweat and enthusiasm made it seem like we were playing a live underwater lol

T: SCAFES! There were buckets placed behind the amps

All: But that was the best day ever

Q. What do you do with your outfits after you wear them?

H: I happen to know, but what do you think happens to them?

T: They're auctioned off?

M: They're stored in a warehouse?

H: We got rid of all of them!

T: That's a waste; we could have sold them on a flea market app lol

H: No good; they'd know who's selling them

T: Eh? But that's not really an issue lol

R: Let's leave memories behind from here on out too

Q&A from performance #17 in Osaka, day 1:

Spoiler:
*A few announcements from HARU during the MC:

-Spin your towels during the chorus of "Electric Girl"!

-About the 8/21 Mystery Tours: They're very sad that people are saying things like, "It's a happy thing that SCANDAL's anniversary event are held in Osaka, but did you sell your souls to Kansai?!" [They've celebrated all of their anniversaries in Osaka only] It's not that; it's just that Osaka is their precious hometown. They look at every region equally.

Q. Aren't you tired of being asked about the origin of the band's name?

H: We are

T: We wouldn't be asked that if our name had been something like 「Kizuna」 (Bonds)

All: What the heck; that's a tacky name lol
We wouldn't have been around for 12 years with a name like that

R: "Kizuna," huh. lol
Recently we've been abbreviating it and saying that our name comes from an adult shop lol

M: We should abbreviate it even more and say to look on Wikipedia lol

Q. What would you want to do after your tour's done?

M: I want to eat shaved ice

R: You're already eating it now lol
What has been the most interesting place so far?

T: Hiroshima was interesting

M: That's right!

R: Don't ignore my question lol

H: I want to travel! Like Okinawa or Guam...
Ah! I want to go to the beach

T: No, the ocean's too big lol

T+R: 70% of the world map is blue lol

Q. How do you decide on set lists?

H+M: We put in our newest songs and songs we want to play!

H: We write them on a whiteboard and have a meeting about it!

R: We decide while considering what would make the audience have fun. We're probably doing it the way that everyone imagines us to

M: We decide on them surprisingly really seriously lol

Q. Are there times when you play the same song but use different instruments?

T: When there's no time to change instruments leading up to the next song, we just play with what we have on

H: There are also times when we know [some instruments] won't work with a specific song

T: Like, I bought a new bass and want everyone to see it, so I'll use it. Look at it...

R: There are times when we want everyone to see them

M: No (with a serious expression)

Q&A from performance #18 in Osaka, day 2:

Spoiler:
Q. Is there no general name for SCANDAL fans?

R: Something like "Uniqlo" lol [Like the clothes brand, but she seemed to be making a joke that's related to how the band UNISON SQUARE GARDEN's fans are called "UniClu," short for 'Unison Cluster']

H: We can't use Uniqlo lol

T: Personally, I call them "fan-chan"

R: Our fan club members are special, so we call them MANIA. Should we call them "fans"?

T: All fans are called fans though lol

Q. Have you ever thought that HARUNA is crude?

T: A lot of times

R: She repeatedly pushes elevator buttons really hard

H: I was shocked when I was told that and stopped doing it

T: This isn't related, but can I tell the story of Conan?
It seems like people who repeatedly push buttons have no room in their hearts

H: I'm being driven into a corner lol

R: I'll say this on behalf of everyone, but aren't you living at your own pace? lol

Q. Since when have [TOMO and MAMI] been getting in HARUNA's way during "SCANDAL BABY"?

R: Actually in the way?

H: In the way lol

R: Even though I'm alone stoicly drumming away! Thankfully lol

T: HARU's eyebrows are all glittery, and MAMI's speaking things into her ear

H: I can't understand what's being said due to my in-ear monitors, so that's creepy lol

T+M: Maybe because you realize you've lost something important? lol

Q. How do you decide which goods to produce?

H: We make what we want to have

R: I personally use our mirrors and pouches

T: The bear on the goods this time is adorable. Ah! The people wearing it are adorable♡

R: Don't suddenly start hitting on them lol
We're selling a key case this time, but it seems that the key chain is shockingly not selling well lol

All: Everyone, buy the key chain! lol

Q. TOMO-chan, why won't you start an Instagram?

T: Because I'm playing hooky!

H: Playing hooky is okay, but why don't you simply just make an account?

R: I'll make an account for you lol

M: It's like we're doing a growth diary for TOMO-chan today; she's been childish lately, hasn't she?

T: Eh!? I'm childish? lol
I won't start account today♡

Q&A from performance #19 in Tokyo, day 1:

Spoiler:
Q. What would you do if someone close to you told you to quit the band?

T: We don't have people like that!

R: We don't know anyone like that in the first place, so it's okay! Please don't worry lol

Q. What would you do if your child says they want to be a singer?

R: If it was a band, I would say to stop lol

H: How come lol

R: Because there are many tough things about it, and I don't want to make my kids think about them

All: It's surprising that RINA would say something like that

R: Well, it is fun, isn't it? People who are always cheerful have a deep darkness

M: I would say "Why not try it out~?"

All: So lighthearted lol

Q. What are the details behind the word 「kiss」 in "Koisuru Universe"?

H: Eh? What does that mean?

T: So, this'll be a secret between us
Don't spread it around, okay
Actually, I'm dating MAMI-chan...lol

Q. What does the 「No.5」 in "Flashback No.5" mean?

H: It doesn't really mean anything

R: We wanted to make a song that was enjoyable without having to think about anything, and we took the 「No.5」 from the Chanel perfume

T: The tune is not Chanel-like at all though
Rather than having the scent of Chanel, it's more like it has the scent of sweat…

R: So what about Nike?

M: Eh? What about the scent of Flashback? lol

Q. Why did you do a hall tour this time?

R: Recently people who have wanted to get excited at live houses are coming to our live shows, so now is the perfect timing to show SCANDAL on a hall tour to everyone

Q. TOMO-chan, why won't you start an Instagram?

T: Everyone's really stirring me up, aren't they? The staff is also being really pushy

H: Doesn't that mean that only that question will be coming up?

T: I'll think about it leisurely

M: It's already been close to two months

T: When this question is asked, I want the cut-off music to start playing and for this question corner to end
I won't be starting one today

Q. What do you think about the way of saying that you're an "oshi" of so-and-so member?

H: It doesn't really matter either way

R: I see that people who say "〜oshi" are pointed out, but I think that's really in poor taste. I don't want you to arbitrarily decide things like bands are better than idols

H: We want you to stop involving us and quarreling on Twitter

Q&A from performance #20 in Tokyo, day 2:

Spoiler:
Q. Do you to try not to have SCANDAL-like happenings occur?

H: No, that'd be troubling

T: Isn't it great that we've been around for 10 years and there haven't been any articles on us on Friday?

R: There'd be headlines like, "A scandal within SCANDAL!" So tacky lol

R+H: Rather, to love isn't a bad thing, isn't it?

M: You're just normally living life lol

Q. Are there foods that you're not able to eat?

H: Boiled eggs! I hate the thick feeling of hardened yolk! When I was in elementary school, I was forced to gulp down a boiled quail egg. I hated it so much that I threw it up lol

T: It was like you were a human pump lol

M: I put them on my Instagram Stories lol

R: I hate oysters! It looks alien-like and has a scary appearance

Q. Timo, you won't be starting an Instagram?

T: Hold up; again? The atmosphere gets bad every time after this question is asked...

All: Like yesterday?

T: I've been saying this over and over again, but I won't be starting one

Q. Timo, what's the reason why you won't get an Instagram?

T: What? Come on! Isn't this like the seventh time this question has come up?

H: A flow's been established lol

T: That's why I've been saying this over and over again, but I'm playing hooky. Would you be okay with me posting once every six months?

Fans: That's okay!

T: You guys are so nice~

H: Don't trick them like that!

T: I won't be starting one today

Q. Honestly, isn't it odd when Japanese come to your overseas tours?

H: It always makes us happy

R: We think their enthusiasm is awesome, and not something that's super easy to do due to the amount of effort and money it takes, so it simply makes us happy when they come overseas

M: It makes us more relieved when we see familiar faces

H: There are also overseas fans who come to Japan

M+H: And 9.5% are locals

Q. Lily Franky offered you a song, right? What kind of song was it?

H: He said he'd even offer lyrics. But, even though we waited on that day until 5 am, he didn't come

T: A few years later he started back up, apologized, and gave us a letter with a cute illustration, which became the cover for OVER DRIVE.
We broke even with this lol

Q. Is there something you'd like to say to the fans?

H: On the contrary, did you run out of ideas and get sloppy? lol. We'll be coming out with a tour pamphlet on the day of the Kobe show!

All: Eh? That's not a great response from you guys? lol

R: It won't only be offered at Kobe; we're making it so that everyone can buy it, so don't worry!

M: It's because we work hard for you guys♡

Q&A from performance #21 in Shizuoka:

Spoiler:
Q. Have you eaten at Sawayaka (a restaurant in Shizuoka)?

All: We haven't

T: Isn't it really delicious?

M: The meat they serve is rare

T: The meat is fresh, isn't it

H: Next time we'll all go to do an article for our magazine for MANIA members! The next one will have a special feature on shaved ice

M: Even though TOMO comes with me, we never move around lol

H: It's because it's cold

M: That's a given (said with a straight face)

Q. Do you have any occupational diseases?

M: Yes! I measured a car blinker's tempo at 172 lol

R: The same as "Kan Biiru"

H: I hum while walking

M: I drum along to the rhythm of the drums and hum bass sounds

T+M: Benben

T: That was the bass sound on "SCANDAL BABY." Did you catch that? lol

R: Looking around, those in bands might understand, right?

Q. How do you detox when things are tough?

T: My hobby recently has been to make dried flowers, and I dry them in my room. Before I know it the whole day has passed

R: That's pretty serious

H: I'm in the car, think, 「That rough draft sounds good!」, and get out quickly lol

T: On days off I go to the park by myself and pick flowers. My hands get covered in dirt

R: That's really doubtful lol

(The fan who asked the question): I can get through tough times by listening to "Mado wo Aketara"

T: 2015, the year I made "Mado wo Aketara," was hard for me. I wrote the lyrics as detox in order to get that out of my system. That's why saying that makes me happy! Thanks!

Q. Do the members feel jealousy towards one another?

R: I was jealous about 15 minutes ago lol
I'm always alone during "SCANDAL BABY"! The fans too are only looking at the other three members, and no one was looking at me...

H: The third song [we play on this tour, which is "SCANDAL BABY"] is all that's being talked about today lol

*After this, the other three gathered around RINA during a song and she looked happy

Q. Which comes first, music or lyrics?

R: There isn't much of a span, and it can go either way since we write them while a tour's going on

M: We finished a new song yesterday

T: I'm really interested in it--the tag on HARU's clothes has come out

H: Oh yeah! That's embarrassing

R: Since we have matching outfits this time, our names are written on the tags

T: The "H" came out lol

Q&A from performance #22 in Gifu:

Spoiler:
Q. Have you gone sightseeing in Gifu?

M: I went to a shaved ice place called Akawani! There were around 20 people lined up before it opened! I had fresh lemon milk

R: Before tour started you were excited to go to Gifu since you'd be able to go to Akawani

T: I ate it too, but I wish I had gone with a different one!

M: The person next to us ordered kinako which looked delicious, and when it came we had (´◉ω◉`) expressions on our faces lol

Q. What fond memories do you have about SCANDAL music videos?

R: We went to Guam to shoot "Stamp!", which was fun! A local boy called out to me, and when he talked to me, his girlfriend misunderstood, thought he was hitting on me, and got mad lol
I dove into the ocean from that spot to escape lol

M: Even though I had just gotten my license from 6 in the morning, I had to drive a left-handle car lol

H: We shot "Sisters" with everyone so we have fond memories of that!

M: It took around 27 hours to shoot "Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY"! We didn't have a sense of how much time had passed, so when we went outside after it was done, we were like, "What? Is today starting again?" lol

T: We were excited (ギンギン; can mean a different kind of 'excited' lol)

H: Don't use "ギンギン" lol don't say it like that lol

Q. Are there songs you've never played live?

T: That one! I know what it is, but I can't think of the name...the one that goes "Haruka kanata no~"♪

M: Isn't that "Midnight Television"? I think that's it?

〜The members all broke out into a loud chorus〜

T: (Standing on a platform) "Watashi wa kako desu" lol

H: Today was the first time we sang it at a live!

All: Are there others?

M: Eh, I can't hear [what the audience is saying]! What? Humming?

(Fan) I came from Chile!

T: I see; then if we play a live there, maybe we'll sing it! We'll translate "Midnight Television" to Spanish...
"Watashi wa kako desu" - they definitely wouldn't understand that lol

Q. Is there a song that you think has grown through live shows?

H: I think it has to be "SCANDAL BABY"?

R: Also, maybe "Flashback No.5"? We didn't think it'd turn out to be a song that pumps up our lives that much!

All: Are there any others?

R: Ah, maybe "Kagerou" too!

T: We kind of whisper it on the CD lol

R: We thought that was cool and went with that kind of effect

Huge thanks to knd3131 on Twitter for posting practically all of these!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 6:24 am

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks you so much for the translations!!!
I wish they would also have Q&A segments on their Asia Tour and Special Thanks Tour but it seems impossible

Love SCANDAL IN MANILA 2018 Love
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 12:10 pm

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the translations! Wow, poor Tomo, they always asking her to start an Instagram account. I understand her.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This Q&A segment is GOLD. It's funny how Tomomi keeps getting askes the same question lol.

R: I'd want them to hear a new song! You can't cling on to past glories forever

Ah, wonderful words of wisdom from Rina Onion Love

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 pm

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Of course! Tomomi was dating Mami!

Anyways seems like Tomomi's instagram account is not going to be made, at least not in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 4:36 pm

rie_rai_rie

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you sooo much TGE ❤️

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 5:36 pm

joameba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thank you for the q&a! Midnight television is one of my favourites, I know it was a joke but that chilean translation is my new dream haha

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 pm

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
R: Our fan club members are special... Should we call them "fans?"
T: All fans are called fans.

At times I thought I was reading a Marx Brothers routine.  Tomomi is still the funniest one, but Rina had some great lines at times that got me laughing.  If I were Tomomi I'd write a song about not having an Instagram account.  The tag line to the song would be she's not starting one today.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 pm

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
Wonderful translation! Thank you!!
Tomomi's Instagram... I wish to be there to see
her reaction after the 1000 times asked about an account.
We(fans) need a name...
Scandalous?

Back to top Go down