Go down

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:17 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
It's just that Take Me Out was released at a time when the following year was the band's tenth anniversary which warranted a 'best of..' double CD.

If 2017 was like the band's xth year in the business (where x is not 10 or its multiple), we won't be having this "oh-why-this-old-song-included" malarkey. It's just convention anyway, singles released before an album where they are from.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
As for when a song is written and when it should go on an album, one of Neil Young's recent albums contained songs he wrote and recorded in the 70s (!), but never released. 

There is nothing unusual about having songs written at different time periods appearing together on a studio album.  The more prolific the songwriter, the better chance this happens throughout their career: Prince, Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello... the list is endless.  I'll go back to the Stones analogy again -- "Tattoo You" was a hodgepodge of leftover tracks that were rejected for "Black And Blue," which no fan has ever confused as one of their best.

tonymiller wrote:Wow so 90% of the songs by Rina & Mami and one by Tomomi.

Just like Lennon & McCartney on the Beatles albums with one by George Harrison....I mean Tomomi Happy

Haruna is not Ringo!   8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 1f62e

Funny about the songwriting analogy, George Harrison was very flattered that Frank Sinatra said his favorite Lennon/McCartney song was "Something."  Maybe someday Rina/Mami will be such a powerful writing team that we'll hear "Kan Biru" was their best song?

@mbowie4321 (slightly off-topic)
Glad you appreciated the flip sides.  Just a few more that are really cool:

* I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You) / Do Right Woman-Do Right Man (Aretha Franklin)
* Rip It Up / Ready Teddy (Little Richard)
* Bring It On Home To Me / Havin' A Party (Sam Cooke)
* I Want To Hold You Hand / I Saw Her Standing There (Beatles)
* Something / Come Together (Beatles)
* Jailhouse Rock / Treat Me Nice (Elvis Presley)
* I Get Around / Don't Worry Baby (Beach Boys)
* Proud Mary / Born On The Bayou - (CCR)
* Travelin Band / Who'll Stop The Rain (CCR)
* Fat Bottom Girls / Bicycle Race (Queen)
* Starman / Suffragette City (David Bowie)

B-sides definitely deserve some respect.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Don Dio

I love "Kan Biru" so much I have to listen to it everyday, how could anyone leave our Tomomi with just one can of beer in her fridge Sad

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:@Don Dio

I love "Kan Biru" so much I have to listen to it everyday, how could anyone leave our Tomomi with just one can of beer in her fridge Sad

It's a crime.

In all honesty, Tomomi is my favorite lyricist of the group.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I love "Kan Biru", it's sad but optimistic, TOMOMI writes a lot of songs like that, behind that cheerful smile there's a broken heart  Wahhh!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:33 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Getting back to topic.

SCANDAL’s HONEY is getting its official release via JPU in Europe (as it has been since the days of YELLOW), which means Western fans who find a Japanese L a tad small can rejoice as JPU’s T-shirt editions of SCANDAL albums go as far as XXXL iirc.

The finer details aren’t out yet but do check out their website or soc media for updates.

SOURCE https://twitter.com/jpurecords/status/951115671726903296

JPU http://www.jpurecords.com/

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:06 am

rikitasu

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
When I was new to Scandal, I thought Take Me Out was included in Yellow since it is released close to the album and because they performed it at the Yellow tour with the other Yellow album songs.  Well, not that it matters. I'm glad that it is included in Honey (Futari also) and It is love-themed enough to fit in the album. Even if there are only 10 songs, I'm still excited for the album and to know what the other songs sounds like.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 Wapmov14

.love. SCANDAL IN MANILA 2018 .love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
flyingwill wrote:Only ten songs meaning some will be longer than usual? Can't wait to hear the whole thing anyway, the 3 soings we already know are all amazing so I'm not afraid.
sorry to quote this old reply, but if someone is curious about the song's lenght, Tower Records updated the infos with the duration of each songs. The longest are MAMI and TOMOMI' songs ("Oh! No!" 00:05:02, "Mado wo Aketara" 00:05:20). The other are between 3 and 4 minutes.

http://tower.jp/item/4650256/HONEY%EF%BC%9C%E9%80%9A%E5%B8%B8%E7%9B%A4%EF%BC%9E

Moreover, the band's ohp also reveiled the first press bonuses (source):

■ A B2 size poster if ordering from these stores (CD Japan is included)
■ Amazon.co.jp - B3 size poster
■ Sony Music Shop - clear file
■ TOWER RECORDS - clear file ft. HARUNA
■ HMV - clear file ft. RINA
■ TSUTAYA RECORDS - clear file ft. MAMI
■ Shinseido / WonderGOO - clear file ft. TOMOMI

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
The album's total length is 40:38, which is the shortest they've had.

Back to top Go down

Hey a question please!
Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 am

jysnova

jysnova

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi! I'm new around here, how do most of you usually get the album? I'm living in Singapore, does anyone knows any physical stores that I can buy from? Or is buying online the only way. Thanks!!:D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

jysnova wrote:Hi! I'm new around here, how do most of you usually get the album? I'm living in Singapore, does anyone knows any physical stores that I can buy from? Or is buying online the only way. Thanks!!:D

For the manufactured in Japan CDs, including versions w/ the extras - online.

Google CDJapan. Most of us get it there.

You may find it in Singapore too, but just check your local stores and ask if they are selling HONEY. For past albums, they were available in Malaysia and Singapore.

Back to top Go down

Thanks!
Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:39 am

jysnova

jysnova

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
jysnova wrote:Hi! I'm new around here, how do most of you usually get the album? I'm living in Singapore, does anyone knows any physical stores that I can buy from? Or is buying online the only way. Thanks!!:D

For the manufactured in Japan CDs, including versions w/ the extras - online.

Google CDJapan. Most of us get it there.

You may find it in Singapore too, but just check your local stores and ask if they are selling HONEY. For past albums, they were available in Malaysia and Singapore.
I see. Thanks for the quick reply! 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 1f600

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If all else fails, I'll just wait for it to be on iTunes XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I have a question about CD Japan, because it's my first time ordering something from there. 
If I order a Regular Edition, will the B2 poster come automatically, or do I have to pay for it some extra money?

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:05 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Mitchan wrote:I have a question about CD Japan, because it's my first time ordering something from there. 
If I order a Regular Edition, will the B2 poster come automatically, or do I have to pay for it some extra money?

The poster will automatically come with your order. The only you need to do in order to get it is to purchase it while the green "External Bonus" icon is still up (like right now).

However, it looks like they don't have the exact weight of the poster + its packaging yet, so the current shipping costs up right now seem to only include the weight of the CD. So, if you were to order it right now, the shipping costs will probably be raised later on when they know the exact weight of the poster. In that case, they will e-mail you about it and ask you if you're okay with paying for the increased shipping rate.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:58 pm

paulchalos

paulchalos

Caless Student
Caless Student
Legit created an account just to take part in this conversation, even though it's a late pass (lol).

Primarily to note how lucky we all are that Scandal has pretty well shifted out of focusing on singles at all.

As many have said, this is common practice in the Japanese music industry, but I'd like to give some context for how great this track listing is compared to others.

Daoko, an artist that I adore, released her second full length album last month. Out of the 14 song tracklist, 10 of the tracks are previously released. TEN. Including three tracks that were released in 2015, THE SAME YEAR AS HER LAST ALBUM. 

This is, of course, a bit of an uncommon thing, at least in my experience, but still. I really enjoyed Take Me Out, and ultimately, I think that judgement should be stayed until we hear the full work all together. It's only fair, right? :/

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Mitchan wrote:I have a question about CD Japan, because it's my first time ordering something from there. 

The poster will automatically come with your order. The only you need to do in order to get it is to purchase it while the green First Press icon is still up (like right now).

However, it looks like they don't have the exact weight of the poster + its packaging yet, so the current shipping costs up right now seem to only include the weight of the CD. So, if you were to order it right now, the shipping costs will probably be raised later on when they know the exact weight of the poster. In that case, they will e-mail you about it and ask you if you're okay with paying for the increased shipping rate.
Thank you .smile.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 5 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 am

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
Wow, Rina and Mami do really write a lot of the songs recently. Nice one

I hope Tomomi sings Mado wo Aketara and it would be super cool if Mami sings one of the songs in the new album (I really, really like her voice). It's refreshing to listen to songs not sung by Haruna (don't get me wrong, I like Harunas singing, but I also like a little diversion). .love.

It seems that there is no first press bonus included with the DVD edition release at CD Japan. Is there really no first press bonus included? Or did they forgot to write it on their webpage?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:14 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
tio wrote:It seems that there is no first press bonus included with the DVD edition release at CD Japan. Is there really no first press bonus included? Or did they forgot to write it on their webpage?

The first press bonus will be a B2 size poster, which will come with every edition. They haven't yet updated any of the pages to say that it is the bonus, but I'm sure they will soon.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:21 am

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
The first press bonus will be a B2 size poster, which will come with every edition. They haven't yet updated any of the pages to say that it is the bonus, but I'm sure they will soon.

Thank You. I don't necessarily need the poster but it's nice to get it as a bonus.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:01 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
JPU Records on Twitter:

@scandal_band's KOISURU UNIVERSE reaches "classical" status on @NolifeOfficiel after being #1 for 5 consecutive weeks on the French channel

New album HONEY coming from JPU Records with limited edition t-shirt, translations and SCANDAL plectrum.

Details coming soon.

------------------------------------

Edit: Pre-order links:

* Regular Edition

* Limited Edition (CD+T-shirt+Plectrum)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:29 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
flyingwill wrote:The album's total length is 40:38, which is the shortest they've had.

40:38! Criminy, that is short. That's like the length albums used to be in the days of vinyl, but that was because vinyl sounds worse the more tracks you pack in. I don't think I even own more than a few modern albums that are in the 40 minute range.

Scandal seemed to have something of a standard before this - almost all of their albums were between 52 and 55 minutes. That's about 3 more songs. The only exception to that range was Temptation Box, which was 49 minutes, their previous shortest. (To be fair, I still think it's among their best albums, if not their best.)

I think that may be where some of the complaints of previously released songs are coming from. It's one thing if an album has 55 minutes of music and 12 minutes of that were previously released. But when it's 12 out of 40, that's more than 1/4 of the entire album that we've already heard before. And that's after a much longer wait between albums than we used to get.

I'm not complaining myself; I'm just happy to have new music from them. But I can understand why others would, and it does seem like their output is dropping a bit. I figured it would, though, once they started writing their own music.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm just happy they're still making new songs. It's been ten years. Other bands wouldn't last that long for some members would either get married or pursue a different path. Scandal is YET to have any of that and it makes me happy. I would also like if the album would have at least 13 songs but, well, it's not easy to make a song. I can't wait to hear the latest from them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Yeah it's only normal that they're releasing music at a slower pace now that they're writing/composing/arranging it all by themselves (well, mostly Mami and Rina) while they previously had access to dozen of dedicated songwriters, and it's also understandable that they cannot produce the same amount of music as they did before. As long as they can express themselved artistically and grow confident about their skills, I'm just happy to be able to witness that process and hear the results.

It's kind of a miracle that they've grown into such talended musicians and songwriters, right before our eyes.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
"Platform Syndrome" will be aired on the radio for the first time today! I will record it and post it here ASAP.

"Platform Syndrome" from our new album 「HONEY」 out on 2/14 will be aired for the first time on J-WAVE's 「GROOVE LINE」 today! Don't miss out!

Program Information
J-WAVE「GROOVE LINE」16:30~19:00

Source

#front-page #scandal_honey

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum