You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
etwee wrote:Only a few weeks to go. Should we be getting worried?
I'd like to get tickets for friends and family too, don't see why there would be a limit.
Hmmm, I don't think so. My guess is that they are gonna wait til they OFFICIALLY announced the postponement for the rest of the overseas tour, so they can then advertised the selling of the overseas tickets for the online concert. Kinda like what they did when they announced the cancellation of the Japan tour. Because as far as we know, the rest of the tour is still on, even though we all know the fate of that~

Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
etwee wrote:Only a few weeks to go. Should we be getting worried?
I'd like to get tickets for friends and family too, don't see why there would be a limit.

This is just my thought but I'm starting to worry about the possibility for us overseas fans to watch this concert on August 21st. Especially after reading this topic on Reddit... I think the band fear that the next livestream become available illegaly on Youtube or other streaming services and they won't be able to monetize it. So there is a high risk that the band decide to exclude overseas fans from viewing the concert to avoid this problem.

I hope they will release this show on DVD later, I was very surprise to not have the RedBull live on a bonus DVD with KFTD... so I really hope that the band can release a live show because the last live DVD was released in 2016.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think the band fear that the next livestream become available illegaly on Youtube or other streaming services and they won't be able to monetize it. So there is a high risk that the band decide to exclude overseas fans from viewing the concert to avoid this problem
There's nothing stopping their domestic Japanese fans from doing this too though, is there?

If they fear they can't monetise the event post streaming, then the next best thing they can do is to monetise it as much as they can during streaming by making sure as many fans (including overseas ones) pay for it upfront. That includes releasing the overseas ticket sales details early enough for sufficient advertising to take place.

Though, Scandal has always been very fan-oriented... I cannot imagine them doing a U-turn and announcing that the livestream will exclude overseas fans, after they've already announced it will include them. 
.please.

Back to top Go down

RainierC

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's also possible that they're still trying to figure out how to best deal with the difference in handling domestic and foreign fans in the same concert. During physical tours, they customize content based on the tour location (i.e. the band member's spiels, and maybe even some songs in the set list).

Having the content purely tailored for a domestic audience would lessen some of the enjoyment for foreign attendees, and vice versa. Maybe one way would be to have a separate concert for for both audiences (double the production cost, but more satisfying for the fans). Not saying they should do this, just throwing it out there.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 JUKgbUn

Overseas fans can now purchase tickets to the livestream viewing, $30 USD:

https://livefrom.events/scandal/

#front-page #kissfromthedarkness

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I tried to buy the stream, but when I entered the shipping address, which is my address in the Philippines, it said that the order can't be shipped to my location.

They may not offer to ship to my country, but this is an online event and the shipping address will not matter. Plus, the access code will be sent through email.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

anchiel wrote:I tried to buy the stream, but when I entered the shipping address, which is my address in the Philippines, it said that the order can't be shipped to my location.

I'm in the US, and it quoted me $39 for shipping setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 1f602 Looks like they haven't worked out all the kinks yet (even though they should have before they made the info public lol). We probably have to wait a little longer.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 YNDrSlS

Edit: It looks like the shipping issue has been resolved! "Shipping" is now showing up as free.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

RainierC

Caless Student
Caless Student
Seems charging a shipping fee for sending an email is the new normal  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 1f605

Back to top Go down
sonic0313

sonic0313

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Done. I purchased the access to the livestream. They did not charge any shipping fee and I live in Canada.

Back to top Go down
danlexia

danlexia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalinthehouse.tumblr.com/
Seems like the problem is solved, I was finally able to purchase my ticket without any shipping charges and from Mexico!

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 Sca_he10

5.20 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City 4.27 / 4.28 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Orix Theater, Osaka 5.11 / 5.12 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo 9.14 SCANDAL US & MEXICO TOUR 2018「SPECIAL THANKS」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- YOYO Palais de Tokyo, Paris TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- O2 Academy Islington, London
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm still confused on how it's "Limited Tickets Available" for an online event.  .hmmm.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 Eedx3410

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 Sig10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:I'm still confused on how it's "Limited Tickets Available" for an online event.  .hmmm.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it outsetlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 1f602 After all the times (1, 2) the band said how it's going to be "infinite capacity"...

Realistically, though, I don't think there will actually be a cap on tickets. It makes no sense to limit something like this.

Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Ah, finally done purchasing a ticket and best of all, no shipping fees. lol. .happy. Yep, turns out they haven't finished ironing out the kinks when the link when live.

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ok, I'm set. Just have to wake up at or stay up until 3AM or so. Totally doable. I'd like to buy tickets for my sister and niece, but I don't think they'd be that willing to be awake then. Maybe Scandal could change a rebroadcast time on one of the following days to accommodate overseas fans?

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hogradish wrote:Maybe Scandal could change a rebroadcast time on one of the following days to accommodate overseas fans?

The site says  

Rebroadcast  – August 22nd at 7:00pm  to August 24th at 7:00pm JST

so that's at any given time between those two days that you can watch

Last edited by confusedinupstatenewyork on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote source formatting clashing with bbs formating, modified text style to fit better)

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 Sig10
Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ok, thanks. I guess it's ok to buy multiple tickets now.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

kamaji

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just purchased a ticket with no problems or shipping fee. I'm in Ireland

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:
Rebroadcast  – August 22nd at 7:00pm  to August 24th at 7:00pm JST

so that's at any given time between those two days that you can watch

Really appreciate this cos the original broadcast timing is right smack in the middle of working hours for me ><

Being able to rewatch it unlimited times during those 2 days is also really cool, can watch a different member each time! 
.clap.

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
confusedinupstatenewyork wrote:I'm still confused on how it's "Limited Tickets Available" for an online event.  .hmmm.

I didn't notice that until you pointed it outsetlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 1f602 After all the times (1, 2) the band said how it's going to be "infinite capacity"...

Realistically, though, I don't think there will actually be a cap on tickets. It makes no sense to limit something like this.
I'm in. Bought a ticket as soon as possible after seeing this limited description. This is really strange. Maybe written to improve sales. Because the advertising time for foreigners is much less than for Japanese viewers. Hope everyone can buy a ticket, without a problem.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I purchased a ticket, can't wait to watch the show!!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Meph1766 wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

Bought a ticket as soon as possible after seeing this limited description. This is really strange. Maybe written to improve sales. Because the advertising time for foreigners is much less than for Japanese viewers.

Yes, there is a very high possibility that that line was included as a marketing strategy to sell more tickets in a short amount of time. Once someone sees the words "Limited tickets" and that the show is less than a month away, more than likely they'll want to buy the tickets ASAP.

Also, it could be due to the promoter's (?) slightly poor grasp of English. They used incorrect grammar in the postponement announcements for Anaheim and Toronto ("We have regret to announce"), and also in this livestream announcement ("SCANDAL will bring our"). Whoever wrote all this is not exactly fluent in English. So perhaps they think it's the norm to advertise events like this to overseas fans using phrases like that? idk lol but I really don't think this event will "sell out."

Back to top Go down
Alxa

Alxa

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Got a ticket, only reason for limiting tickets is if you have limited bandwidth to support it all - but any competent system should allow way more people then Scandal is likely to get paying $30 a ticket.

We're in 2020 but saying it's limited seems like it's 2000 (back when that was a real issue).

Do we know if there are any perks of watching it live vs recorded?

Back to top Go down
confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote: Also, it could be due to the promoter's (?) slightly poor grasp of English.

Could've been worse. They could've received the same treatment on the LiveFrom site as famous metal band *checks notes* "Ensalved."

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The order number the site gave me was around #8000, so for a moment I thought it meant Scandal had already sold 8000 overseas tickets on day 1 of sales. 

Then realised it's probably just a count of all orders from all livestreams on that site since the site started, not just Scandal's  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream - Page 2 1f611

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
All right! Got my ticket. 5 AM is not a problem. And I'm off work so maybe I can rewatch it enough times to saturate myself.

I really hope they release this on Bluray since they will have so many cameras. You could have alternate views if they enable it on the disc. Even without the live crowd, that would be awesome.

Also, if you look at the bottom of the LiveFrom About Us page (https://livefrom.events/about-us/) it says "Link to your store" Has there been any idea that livestream merch will be available to buy? I seriously need more Scandal swag and apparel.

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.