Go down

Re: 11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」
Posted Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
But I really don't think that even in Japan people will buy some random album because the cover shows the band... I think that we are in 2024 and people which still go to CD store nowadays know exactly what they will buy there. It's like @thoseguiltyeyes said, LUMINOUS' amount of sales was basically the same of MIRROR's. Their sales dropped yeeeears ago. It was a bad week to release an album that was highly antecipated only for the fans. And that's okay, it happens. Fact the album is really good and they delivered an album that summarizes really well as they really are now. I only hope it doesn't affect them in a negative way. They still have a lot to do as a band.

Last edited by Liokt on Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Album cover idea: Faces pressed hard into a window, all distorted and ugly. Over the title of album the words "Special Automatic Door Malfunction Edition"

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:40 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Sad that the streak is over. An excellent album like LUMINOUS at #11 is definitely disappointing.

- Bad choice of a week with lots of idol groups and compilation releases. They still did better than their friend Airi Suzuki.
- The MIRROR effect. While I love this album, it has divided the fan base quite a bit.
- There has to be some anticipation created. 'Line of Sight' published almost a year ago and 'Highlight' six months ago are not enough.
- HIGHSPEED Étoile has not yet aired, it will help in the long run.

Their staff has good ideas, but they're so inconsistent. They need to step up and fix the band's YouTube channel at the very least.

LUMINOUS is so good that I need to listen more to discover my favorite songs.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:36 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Check this out.
11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 Screen16
So how could this be released on the same day as "Luminous", sell way fewer copies, and have a highest ranking of 4th place?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 pm

semidefinite

Caless Student
Caless Student
Looking at the ranking this week, their sale of 9000+ copies would be #4. If only they released the album one week later...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

hogradish wrote:So how could this be released on the same day as "Luminous", sell way fewer copies, and have a highest ranking of 4th place?

The estimated number of copies shown in your screenshot are only referring to the copies sold during the specific week of March 25-31, AKA week 2 since that album was offered for sale.

We can see here that during the first week of the album being offered for sale (March 18-24), it sold an estimated number of 19,894 copies and thus ranked at #4, which is about twice as many copies that LUMINOUS sold in that same week.

11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 VG75m5Sc_o

11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:38 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sorry. I was under the mistaken impression Oricon only published first week sales.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:40 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Hope that I'm not yet late for the party! 

I find Luminous much better than KTFD and Mirror. But not as superior as Yellow. 

I'm also quite happy that Tomomi started writing more and more songs in the last six years. For me, her compositions such as the early 70s folk-inspired "Candy" and the hook-driven "Fanfare" are the best tracks in the album.

Not a big fan of Rina's songwriting, but I love "Loop"! This song reminds me of bands like L7, Elastica, and Veruca Salt. Those are the bands I grew up listening to. I predict this will be their future concert staple.

11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

【Translated Summary】"Yoru SCA ~Live streaming just before the release of LUMINOUS~" #3

11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 JbbWQ0A0_o

Thanks for waiting!

•They start off talking about how LUMINOUS is officially releasing the next day on the 20th, and that as soon as this stream's over, the "Fanfare" MV will premiere, and that watchers of this stream will automatically be redirected to the MV (I don't think this happened? lol). That's why they need to make sure to end this stream on time. RINA laughs and wonders if they can do it. TOMO says that it's impossible for them to go over in that case, which the others agree with. HARU says that even if they do go over, the stream will automatically cut off either way.

•HARU asks the stream if anyone's gotten the album early on that day, AKA flying get day (getting a release the day before it officially goes on sale). TOMO says that a lot of people say that they did, and that those who ordered the ones with bonuses for fan club members only are supposed to be delivered the next day. RINA reads a comment that says they like the flow between songs 5-7 (CANDY, Vision, LOOP). The comments say that RINA's and HARU's mics are a little off, with the former being a little loud and the latter being a little quiet. TOMO asks if hers and MAMI's are okay, which the comments say they are. MAMI laughs and reads a comment that says TOMO's voice is always soft/hard to hear. The others laugh. TOMO says that her voice has always been like that, but today she'll make sure to speak loudly since they're celebrating the release of the album.

•They read more comments saying that people have listened to the album and like it. RINA says that they're finally able to feel like this album is finally complete when it reaches everyone. HARU says that although they may talk about a release beforehand, it doesn't feel complete until people listen to it. TOMO laughs while reading a comment saying that they're glad they had the CD+Merch Edition delivered because it's so big. MAMI reads a comment saying they'd like to go see SCANDAL live, and she says that they are having a tour, after all. TOMO says that there are a lot of overseas people in the comments today. They wonder if it's due to the different time they're doing this stream (11:30 pm JST vs. 9 pm JST, which was the time the previous ones were at).

•RINA says that it seems like a lot of people coming to the tour this time are ones that haven't seen them in a while, and that many of their fans are of an age where their lives have changed a lot over the past few years. She wonders if they're finally entering a period where they can enjoy their own time again. The band says that some people are asking if it's okay to come and see them for the first time, and they say that there's a first time for everyone, and that there are people of all ages and cultures at their concerts. They also talk about how there are so many things that they can only convey to their fans at concerts. They also mention that they'll be playing songs they haven't played in a while. TOMO says she was surprised at how she totally forgot how to play some of their earlier songs. RINA says that they do have about 170 songs in total, after all.

•They say that they also have a few release events before the tour and talk for a bit about that (if you bought a CD at a participating Tower Records store, you would be able to get a postcard handed directly to you by either a single band member or the entire band [minus HARU for the group one, since she was out sick then], depending on which one you went to).

•After they talk about the events, they stay silent and just look at the comments for a few seconds. MAMI laughs and goes, "Dot, dot, dot..." They all laugh at this. RINA laughs and says, "Are we done?" HARU says that they apparently don't have anything else left to talk about, which means they can talk about whatever they want. They start talking about the tour again and that it starts at the beginning of April. RINA says that there are dates with tickets still available, so they'd love it if people would come to them. They say that there are still tickets available for opening day in Hiroshima. MAMI goes, "There are still tickets available, despite Harmonyland being around there?" and says that she'll be going to it the day after their Kumamoto concert (and she really did go lol). The others laugh and say that it's nice to be able to fun things they like to do during a tour. They also mention that opening day and the finale will likely be totally different from each other. Opening day usually sets the flow for the entire tour, and Hiroshima is likely to be a pretty hot one since things that are done by the crowd during songs often start there. HARU says that everyone singing along to the bridge of "SCANDAL BABY" started in Hiroshima. They read a comment that says that Osaka won't be outdone either. RINA says that you could go to their concert in Osaka and then go see a comedy show the next day. HARU laughs and says that that's RINA's way of having fun while on tour, but then reminds her that they're playing in Nara the next day. MAMI says that she'd want to go to Universal Studios Japan to see some Sanrio characters. TOMO says that she'll join her. RINA laughs and repeats that they're playing in Nara the next day. HARU says that they could do all those things the day after Nara. They also mention things like how they're playing in Hakodate (Hokkaido) for the first time in 10 years, and the first time in Kumamoto in 7 years.

•They say that there are 10 minutes left. TOMO asks the viewers if they have any questions. HARU reads a comment that says the setlist is probably going to be awesome. RINA says that it will be, and that it'll be a battle against their ability to remember how to play their songs. HARU says that that's always been the case recently. MAMI says that they might be all stiff during opening day. RINA says she hopes they're not like that. HARU says that although this is a music club tour, they want to change the vibe a little bit from what they've done on past music club tours, so it might be quite refreshing. RINA says she thinks fans will have a lightbulb moment when they enter the venue. After looking at the comments a bit, MAMI says while smiling that she wonders if there will be big jellyfish at their tour. They say that there might be, but you'll only find out if you go to opening day. TOMO says that there might be nothing but jellyfish. RINA says there might be a huge tank right in the middle of the stage. They say how the tour is already starting in two more weeks and laugh again at how they're not sure if they'll remember everything. TOMO says they're starting full rehearsals soon and asks the others how many days it'll be. They say it'll be four days. HARU says that it seems like it'll be quite difficult to create the sounds [as heard on the new songs]. TOMO says that it'll be hard for the staff as well. RINA says that they want everyone to come to the tour because the band will work really hard so that everyone has fun and that they can give everyone energy to work hard again starting from the next day.

•They then say it's screenshot time. RINA holds up the postcard, HARU holds up the her Magazine, and MAMI does peace signs while TOMO holds up the script for the episode. RINA laughs and says that that's the script she's holding. TOMO looks over to the others and then puts it down right before HARU counts down, and then does peace signs while the others chuckle at her. They change poses, and at the very end TOMO does the jellyfish hand pose. HARU laughs and says that people say they don't like that pose. TOMO says for people to tell her what a good jellyfish pose would be. RINA says that MAMI does a very realistic one. HARU says that it's because her fingers are long. MAMI tries it and says that it does look like a jellyfish. RINA says she does it well. MAMI says it's kind of creepy, though. TOMO tries it too and wonders what the difference is between the poses since they look pretty similar. RINA reads a comment that says that pose actually means "octopus" in sign language. MAMI is immediately surprised and stops doing it, and goes, "Really??" They wonder what jellyfish is, then (this is what it is).

•There are now two minutes left until midnight/the stream is over. RINA says it's probably too early to do this certain thing. HARU says that maybe they should just do it. TOMO asks what it is. HARU points and grabs to a largeish black and gold tube on the table, which is a party popper. They say that although it's not the exact time to do it, they will just go ahead and do it. HARU and RINA grab the black poppers while TOMO and MAMI have smaller silver ones. They wonder when they should pop them and decide to wait a little bit longer. HARU tells the staff to let them know when. They then wonder how much longer it is until it's time and try to figure out how the countdown to the MV is going to be like. TOMO says, "The countdown starts at 9 pm, right?" The band laughs and says it's at midnight. RINA says that was 9 pm was 3 hours ago. They start getting more frantic about what timing they should do it, and after shouting and yelling at bit, they pop them and the stream cuts off about 5 seconds later while HARU is in the middle of saying that the "Fanfare" MV is out lol

If you enjoy my translations, please consider leaving a tip! Happy

11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 FdtTi4P

#front-page #luminous

11th Album - 「LUMINOUS」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:52 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Sorry, life's been busy and annoying and challenging at times but i've finally been able to get through luminous without getting sidetracked or multitasking through it. Love the album. Luck or no luck, timing or not, I enjoyed it and am not all that concerned about chart performance. While i always perfer some more rock/ high energy songs from the group, i do appreciate anything tomomi writes  TOMO smile

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
An edition of Luminus will be released by  Welcome Music exclusive for Taiwan market on Apr 23 at a price only 1/3 of the Japanese Blu ray disc edition.
Based on the price it seems a DVD of the Her Diary will be included as they released for Mirror.
Probably this will also be imported to Hong Kong that I will take since I only got the Japanese original Magazine edition

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum