You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WHY do you like SCANDAL?
Posted Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:15 pm

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hello, all! It would be interesting I think if we could tell our friends the reasons why we luv the Most Powerful Japanese Girlie Pop Rock band. Out of all the millions and gazillions of music artistes out there on planet Earth, why is SCANDAL outstanding in your eyes. Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Re: WHY do you like SCANDAL?
Posted Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 am

nysuke

nysuke

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Not REALLY best artist I like.
My first Japanese rock group I find ;D
Umm.. and cute too (:

Scandal what are you doing? Scandal Stahp! WHY do you like SCANDAL? 21831
WHY do you like SCANDAL? Yuki011
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 am

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Why do I love SCANDAL?

Their idealism and their rawness. They stand up on stage with their instruments. Nothing more nothing less. They just want to be out there playing their music. They move about without any thinking whether that rock pose would look cool on stage. They interact simply with their fans without manipulating them. And they really really look like they are enjoying themselves every time they play.

The school uniforms. Gimmicky? Maybe, but its a great gimmick. One that reflects their actual status as teenagers and connecting them instantaneously with their audience. And we love them more for that. They are not some pop princesses with plastic smiles surrounded by entourage of handlers keeping a safe distance away from us.

Of course, their sound. I have to admit it's nothing groundbreaking but then again they don't pretend that they are out there to save the world or that they are pushing the generic boundaries of pop music. They are a rock band. and they want to play rock music. And this is the music they want to play. That's it.

What makes SCANDAL different is the way the individual personalities of their members come through CLEARLY to us.They are not projecting any 'image'. It's them. That's them. Not pretending to be somebody or something else. And not afraid to show it. Haruna, confident and strong. Tomo, energetic and mischievious. Rina, sweet and friendly. Mami, mysterious and....

And what makes it even better is how those personalities meld together perfectly in the band. Haruna, apart from being lead vocals, she is also the big sister, managing the others when arguments escalate and making sure everyone has their turn during interviews. A tower of strength and common sense. Tomo, contributing greatly to the vocal texture of the band and apart from laying a down a great bass groove, is also the lyricist for many of their songs. She interacts well with the audience and I'm sure she keeps the atmosphere within the group fun and jovial. Mami, talented guitarist whose riffs give SCANDAL their rock identity in their music. Rina, whose drumming seems to get batter and better everytime I watch her play. Of course, being sweet and friendly wins the band a lot of fans and admirers.

SCANDAL is a band whose strengths lie in the unity of its members, the whole of which is greater than the sum of its parts. And it is this strength and unity which has allowed them to climb step by step out of musical obscurity.

What inspires me most is to watch this young band struggle and grow and succeed. But what is success? The end of their journey remains to be seen.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:36 am

revenant4994

revenant4994

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hmm... this is a hard one...

Well, my bro got me into this SCANDAL addiction and since then I can't stop listening to them...

Their music has this cool, unique touch to it... something raw, unprocessed just like how songs should be... since they will be played live in concerts. Also, their rock side is inevitably competitive compared to other girl bands out there. Their style is different in a way that makes them sound good on stage or pre-recorded.

And to be honest... it's really Tomomi who made me like SCANDAL. When I heard her voice, that's just awesome! She's so energetic and her so called "chipmunky" voice is just so cute! Can't resist her charm o.0

So yeah, that's why I like SCANDAL... .dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:14 am

konohagure

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Why do I like SCANDAL?

I'm a sucker for cute girls and when I saw them, the rest was history.

Nah, well most of what I've said is true. They're the first Japanese band that got my attention. I listen to different J-artists but SCANDAL was a bit different, too much different.

I like their sounds, the way their music is played, liveliness in their PV's, the choreo, the uniforms, and the girls themselves.

.evilgrin.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 am

Kurotaka

Kurotaka

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Why do I like SCANDAL??? For many reasons .clap.

First, I'm fond of their music. ^^ I can hear songs like Kagerou, Anata ga Mawaru... all the day. Their music is different of the other artist that I know.
Second, they are very cut (it isn't the main reason, but it's good haha).
Finally, Their lives and PV are very good.

(The only reason which do that SCANDAL isn't perfect (XD) is that Sony delete all the vids from YT (oh and that Sony controls them a "little bit" too much). Think that it isn't good for the group .omg. )

WHY do you like SCANDAL? BannireScandal2-Copie
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:53 pm

nekomimi190220

nekomimi190220

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
they are the only japanese band that i ever love so much...
reasons?
1. Because they have the music that makes me crazy everytime i hear it... ;D
2. Because i'm inspired by them... (Specially Mami and Haru that's why im enrolling for Guitar lessons this year)
3. Their Live Performances are good unlike other bands that i know.
4. they ROCK!

But... just as what Kurotaka Said, They Are Controlled by Sony too much and i don't like it... Reasons?

They Keep on Deleting scandal videos in youtube(just as kurotaka said again) ... *Glad i downloaded some MP4 files so that i can download it again on youtube .evilgrin. *

well thats all xD

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:36 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Why....Why indeed.

Let's see.At first i thought they were just another manufactured band,but Shoujo S grew on me,and before i knew it i was searching for their songs.Now here's the reason:

They use really raw and uncut sound in their songs (DOLL,Shoujo S,Space Ranger,Koi Moyou,Sakura Goodbye,S.L. Magic) using only two guitars(Of course in the studio version they layer various guitar parts on top of the two,but you get what i mean),a bass guitar,drums and their voices.

That is the sole factor i listen to SCANDAL all this while.I've always been a rock guy,always have been and will always be.

Plus,Haruna....
Mami....
Tomomi....
Rina....

.toj.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:53 pm

lamevil

lamevil

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
hmm...why do i like SCANDAL?
mainly because...they rock!! XD!!

i really love how their style of playing~ and another thing that amazed me a lot is that they can really solo pretty well~ i remember the first time i saw their live in youtube and i was like really pumped up by their music~ .dies.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:47 am

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Because SCANDAL is unique at the same time cool. You can never find 4 cute girls rockin' the stage besides SCANDAL. And the fact that they're not just looks, but can also bring out amazing music.

I know there was ZONE, but my ears wasn't yet opened for J-Music during their time, so SCANDAL is really a new and fresh thing for me.

Plus SCANDAL is the only band you can find who has a cute drummer.

The uniforms are not a big thing for me, yeah I like it but I'll also like them without it. I really love their music and everything that comes after. .happy.

WHY do you like SCANDAL? Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Damien

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well a few months back I was searching for new music...a friend of mine is really into the anime Bleach and told me of a band that did one of the openings. I looked up SCANDAL on YouTube and I saw their video Space Ranger...and, like konohagure said, the rest is history. They have amazing talent, and their music is always playing on my computer. Tomomi's my favorite, but they're all equally awesome .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:03 pm

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Damien wrote:Well a few months back I was searching for new music...a friend of mine is really into the anime Bleach and told me of a band that did one of the openings. I looked up SCANDAL on YouTube and I saw their video Space Ranger...and, like konohagure said, the rest is history. .....

i saw their Shoujo S PV first but it was the Space Ranger PV which did it for me . LOVE Rock on...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:26 pm

XwingsofaresX

XwingsofaresX

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i knew them for not so long now. .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:20 am

TongSamSung

Caless Student
Caless Student
First time, I Searched for SCANDAL (Another "SCANDAL", not SCANDAL band...XDXD--> using google search engine picture) and on page 23 (Maybe) I saw haruna's picture.... .wow.

Eh, so cute i think so i clicked that pict and poof! I became a fan immediately! hahahahah

Do you think is it a short story?? (NB: I'm easier fallin in love with cute girl... hahaha)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 am

harunatic!

harunatic!

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Even though I'm a girl, I fell in love with SCANDAL because of the girls' coolness while strutting their stuff. Another thing, who can ignore the fact that they can make Japanese school uniforms cuter than ever? I saw it's being epic on Sakura goodbye, my first pv.. LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:03 pm

sakuranodaimon

sakuranodaimon

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://sndaimon.wordpress.com
WHY do I like SCANDAL?
hmmmm....

maybe because...
-I LOVE girls who can play music instruments!! they're cool!! Nice one
-when I see girls wearing seifuku, I will go "wow!" LOVE

and SCANDAL fit them perfectly! that's why I fallin love with SCANDAL....^^

plus....
their PVs are so catchy...
their songs are makes me want to repeat it all the time....
their live performances are cool!!

tomomi..... LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 pm

jac-kira

jac-kira

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.phentos.forosactivos.net
I just wanted to see the opening of Bleach.
And I came across this. LOVE

And I'm going to see a concert this year. .toj.
KAWAII

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
idk ~

the 1st time i saw em is on the pv of shoujo s and after that... xD

i became addicted to them.. its like i watched shoujo s 4-5x a day..

and after that i got a hold on the live of dont say lazy scandal version

and i started hunting for their pv's and lives..

well they are so likeable ayt?

seeing rina's smile and haruna rocking down the house LOVE

WHY do you like SCANDAL? 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
WHY do you like SCANDAL? F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
I like their style, it's just different and unique from everyone else out there.
Also, after I knew a little more about their background/past, that made me enjoy them even more.
Also, I just usually enjoy artists who make OP/ED songs for animes. .chesttap.

WHY do you like SCANDAL? Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 am

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
Plutonium wrote:I like their style, it's just different and unique from everyone else out there.
Also, after I knew a little more about their background/past, that made me enjoy them even more.
Also, I just usually enjoy artists who make OP/ED songs for animes. .chesttap.

yeah ~ same here.. i don't usually listen to songs thats not from a anime..

well this is the 1st time .dance.

WHY do you like SCANDAL? 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
WHY do you like SCANDAL? F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
i LOVE them,the way they sing,laugh,dance,smiles,fashion even the way they talk i love it.....its the second time i've been to heaven..ugugugugu,END THEY ARE NOT THAT GIRLY or Boyish, they are balanced,normal selves onstage and offstage..and everytime i watch them something funny happens to me or found myself smiling w/o noticing.wah~!is this SCANDALism?!waaaahh~i'm totally infected by SCANDAL~~~~~~!!! .dies. WTF Onion :sugoi:

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
WHY do you like SCANDAL? URT1EYY
WHY do you like SCANDAL? Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:29 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I grew up with bands like Cheap Trick, Bon Jovi, Journey, Foreigner, Huey Lewis, etc. These are bands that, during the '80's when androgany laden pop was tops, they stuck it out with unrefined rock and roll. With SCANDAL it's the same thing. I'm not fully into J-pop music but it seems to be mostly crap. Too much fake dance beats and too put it mildly, the dudes all look a little light on their feet. And along come these four really cute, really young girls playing the same kind of music I listened to back then. I don't understand too much Japanese but that doesn't matter. Good music is good music no matter the language.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:51 am

feelslikedance

feelslikedance

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://hiyori-fuuko.deviantart.com
I remembered the first song I heard was Doll, on TV. It was different from the type of music I usually listen and mainly it's because they're a girl band, which makes it even cooler :D

WHY do you like SCANDAL? Sig118
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Karasu

Karasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Im a music lover, so i liked them first when i heard their songs.
Then, i saw their faces, they are all cute.
And i was surprised that they do play their songs not just sing them.
They are great not just in recordings but in live performances as well.
SCANDAL ROCKS!!! Thumbs Onion

WHY do you like SCANDAL? Scandal-2-1
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

dannialves

dannialves

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I listen so much Korean's girl groups, but when I found them, I realized that they're very different from a usual girl group like the others who I listen... they play instruments and stuff...
I listen some Brazilian's girlbands, and there are one who I really like, so I thought ''c'omon, I'll listen these girls, maybe there're good...'' .smile.

In the first moment, I don't liked so much, but when I listen more songs, and watched some PV's, lives and etc
I realized that they're really pretty good and talented girls LOVE

Is that... they're a talented group with really good songs... So, I fall in love with them .wow.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.