Most Talented [Page 1 of 5]

Most Talented
Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:33 am

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
I know it may be hard to compare since they all have different roles in the band, but I would vote for Tomomi as the most talented because:
1) She is a very decent bassist and the fact that she is able to sing and play the bass simultaneously really impresses me. Her basslines are not that simple either.
2) I think she is just as good a vocalist as Haruna (in fact, I think Tomomi is more consistent).
3) She writes more than the other girls.

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Talented
Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:35 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@sj
I have to agree with you.
When you try to think which member you would miss the most from Scandal I think it has to be Tomomi.
Of course all the members are pretty and talented but Tomo is unique, can you honestly think of anybody else like Tomomi, I can't !

Most Talented Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 pm

billyboy

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@sj...... i was going to make a poll about this.... although my favorite member is MAMI, i think TOMOMI HAS THE MOST TALENT. she sings well,(sometimes better than HARUNA), and when it comes to her bass playing, it's true that she's very descent but also, compared to the other three, i think she handles her instrument better. (during live, i never heard any single "err" from her)

Most Talented 63034914
Most Talented Gootalove
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
Agree with Tomomi. It's hard to sing while playing bass you know! Too much going on for me. Most Talented Cz34

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
@tonymiller
Exactly, I can't think of anybody else either.

@billyboy
Yeah, Tomomi's consistency is astonishing, especially considering she has only been playing for a few years.

@mikan
Yeah it is already hard to sing while playing bass, let alone singing well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:14 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Without taking anything away from the other girls, for me it's Tomo too.

She handles her instrument best among all the girls, sings well (while simultaneously playing), writes more than half of the bands lyrics. Technically she's superb. Over the last year, I can count only on one hand the mistakes she makes while playing live.

I recall a translated interview where Rina I think it was, who said that Tomo is really good and can learn really quickly, so much so that it makes the other jealous Happy

This is one reason why I like Tomo so much. It's the cognitive dissonance. The first impression is all wrong. She looks and sounds like a bimbo what with the chipmunk voice and the genki girl behaviour and the goofing off and the pranks and misadventures etc but when the music comes on...

Rina is a close second and catching up fast. Flawless drumming, doesn't lose tempo (try matching their live perfomances with their recorded material and you will notice the tempo is spot on everytime, I have actually done this many times), can do backing vocals at the same time. Remarkable for someone who nearly quit the band for "not being good enough".

Her lyrics are surprisingly deep for a young, giggly girl and she's also writes music now too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 am

Riichan48

Riichan48

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
well, after reading all your reasons why it's Tomomi the most talented among them, i gotta agree with that .. Tomo was really talented .
i have no knowledge how hard it was to sing while playing bass .. xD
she has a voice, she can also dance, and wrote many lyrics already ..
so i wouldn't deny it that she got the talent ..

but actually i am going to answer that it was Rina .. (coz im a rina biased. lol)
she can play many instruments, plus she writes songs very well ..
she also compose music on her own too ..

hmmmm ,,, [-(

Most Talented Tumblr_m6mef3EDrf1qhx9ubo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:56 am

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yes I think Tomo has the most talent too! She´s rarely making any mistake and has some awesome bass lines and is even able to sing at the same time. Not to mention that she´s writing so much lyrics, it´s not easy to even write one song. Second place is also Rina for me, she also makes nearly no mistakes and always keeps the tempo. And Rina´s lyrics are so deep , I think she writes the most emotional songs among the members.
But everyone has Talent, if any of them wouldn´t be there, it wouldn´t be SCANDAL. .love.

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:56 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Though I'm Mami biased I do have to agree on this on....
Haru- voice cracks every now and then
Mami: Lost it on the mistakes bit
Rina: I dunno

I don't know how hard it is to sing and play bass at the same time playing piano and talking to my parents at the same time is hard enough for me....

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Most Talented Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:32 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I can assure everyone that it is hard to play bass and sing at the same time and as for dancing as well, but we all know white men cannot dance !

It is important not to judge Japanese girls by the way they act, remember all women like to act young and kawaii and the men like to have a deep voice and act macho.
One of my friends is 35 but she still has about 30 anime characters hanging on her cell phone because it is kawaii !
Most Japanese girls are tough and intelligent just like Scandal !

Most Talented Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:58 pm

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
Of course it is hard to play bass and sing at the same time. It is somewhat similar to singing while playing a guitar riff/solo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:15 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
I'm sorry but it's difficult and not so simple say "tomo is the most talented because she write songs,play in a decent way the bass and sing when she play" or at least for me.
also mami can sing and play the guitar and she doesn't joke at all with her solos! rina even if she doesn't sing a lot she really work hard and she is becoming a good drummer and we know she can write some songs. haruna too. everyone have their own talent and say only a girl for me is like say the others girls have some talent who is not as talent like the *x girl (lol so complicated)
just my opinion eh ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 am

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
This is could be off-topic, but since it is being discussed here, I just wanna ask a quick question.

I get the impression it is easier to play the guitar and sing at the same time than it is to play the bass and sing at the same time, base on the comments in this thread. Is that true?

BTW, to answer the thread, my choice is Rina. She is very musically inclined I think, able to play both the piano and the drums. And she composes using the piano and than share with fellow members. I'm no musician, so I am not sure what would be considered talent in the music industry, I am simply impressed by her I guess.

And to be fair, that is just my choice. That does not make anyone more or less capable or talented. But this thread is really informative. I learned a lot more about Tomomi and I agree with everyone here about her talents.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:23 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
oddly enough i went outside the box compared to you guys haha. i pretty much agree with everyones praise of Tomomi, however when i read this question i automatically thought of Mami as most talented.

Shes a better guitar player than most give her credit. If you watch her in a live playing "cute" she plays lead guitar and sings which is quite difficult. we've seen her play the drums quite well too on a few occasions, and she pretty good at drawing, she even has a good eye in design (the designs of some shirts and her guitar). so yea for me its Mami.

Most Talented 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:44 am

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
chiy102 wrote:This is could be off-topic, but since it is being discussed here, I just wanna ask a quick question.

I get the impression it is easier to play the guitar and sing at the same time than it is to play the bass and sing at the same time, base on the comments in this thread. Is that true?

BTW, to answer the thread, my choice is Rina. She is very musically inclined I think, able to play both the piano and the drums. And she composes using the piano and than share with fellow members. I'm no musician, so I am not sure what would be considered talent in the music industry, I am simply impressed by her I guess.

And to be fair, that is just my choice. That does not make anyone more or less capable or talented. But this thread is really informative. I learned a lot more about Tomomi and I agree with everyone here about her talents.
Generally, yes it is easier for a guitarist to sing compared to a bassist. That is why in most bands, the lead vocalist is usually the rhythm guitarist (that is if he/she plays any instrument at all). Rhythm guitarists usually strum chords whereas bassists usually play single notes => more movement for the fretting hand. Similar or sometimes even exact same chords/strumming patterns can be applied in different songs, but the same cannot be said for basslines.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 am

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ True, plus the bass is heavier than most guitars, so in a way it's more exhausting.

Eitherway, I'm going with Tomo on this one, musical-wise at least. Rina is the hardest worker though IMO. Although then again you must define what "talent" means to you. In essence, I am a writer, and so I prefer Rina because her lyrics resonate with me the most.

Most Talented R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 am

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
chiy102 wrote:This is could be off-topic, but since it is being discussed here, I just wanna ask a quick question.

As a bassist, I can say it's very hard for me. It takes 50% of my concentration to hit the right notes and another 50% to stay in-synch with the drummer. Simply humming along with the lyrics is difficult for me.
But as they say "Practice makes perfect". Props to Tomo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:19 pm

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks a lot for all your replies~~ .hail.

Now I understand a bit more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm

qx123

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haruna - top vocalist, best dancer among Scandal.rythmic guitar
Rina - can play drum, can play piano, among the member who do the most member created songs. write good blog
Tomomi - bass, dance well though she think haruna dance better, 2nd vocal in SCANDAL
Mami - lead guitar, good backup vocal, write member only songs and did a good job in arranging, good drawing, and designer, design canta, and rina dai-chan shirt. can drum too

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am

sj

Caless Student
Caless Student
@qx123
So who are you voting for?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 am

qx123

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That will be Mami mainly because she can do most of what rina can do but rina cannot do all of what mami can.

That being said though. while Haruna does not appear to be particularly talented. Her voice is the core soul of scandal whether like it or not. So yeah. Haruna rocks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 am

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
For me,...I'd say it's Rina~.all of them are talented and cute, and Tomo (like most of the people here are saying),..is indeed good at many things,..but I still choose Rina 'cause I think she's very good at playing drums and she can also play the piano (the fact that impresses me a lot),..plus she can also compose good lyrics...and her cute personality matches her talents~...so I'll go for Rina!~...

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 am

danaddict

Banned
Banned
haruna is the most talented fro me. but accdg to some members and haruna herself, she needs to work more, kkk

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:25 pm

graffixron

graffixron

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Each instrument has its own challenges. I know this fact... so I believe you can't really put one member in front of the other. All 4 have an incredible work ethic and determination to grow in their skill set. I will offer this opinion, as I have in another post however... Tomo will be regarded as one of the top bass players in the world if she keeps up. Think of players like Mark King, Geddy Lee, Stuart Hamm and so on. Watch them on YouTube... Then watch the right and left hands of Tomo and you'll get the idea.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 am

HaRinax

HaRinax

Caless Student
Caless Student
well for me its Haruna since she can sing well and dance well too

Back to top Go down