Most Talented [Page 2 of 5]

Re: Most Talented
Posted Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
All the girls are really talented but for me as a bass player it has to be Tomo-rin !
I too regard her as a very good bass player, almost as good as Tissue Hime now.
She even said she worries about the weight of her bass bringing her down !
It is a good job Japanese girls are very tough, that Fender bass is almost as big as her, at least Rina can sit down.
But would Scandal sound the same without her unique voice, I don't think so.

Most Talented - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 pm

tomo13

tomo13

International Performer
International Performer
http://tom8loz.tumblr.com/
@sj i agreed with you 100% despite of those cool things you said to tomomi:D i also admire Her Way Of Making everyone laugh with her animated like sense of humor:D

ToHaRiMa=SCANDAL is The Best Band Of The WORLD!!!  .rich. Most Talented - Page 2 Tumblr_msx6a00kiw1qi2jioo1_400
SCANDAL  BAND Yow!    .balloon. .
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Naomi

Naomi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.fanfiction.net/~naomi208
well i think its mami, it isn`t cos i like her the most but sh can play bass, drums(not that well i think), and guitar.
I realise that she sometimes actually sings the most cos she duets with haru and tomo alot, like in girls factory 11 you can see her duet with tomo and then straight into haru`s duet without stopping while tomo and haru get to rest. She also does guitar solo`s really amazzing ya know.

Most Talented - Page 2 Sig10

Most Talented - Page 2 Scandal_heaven_userbar2
Most Talented - Page 2 Sh_cov15
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 pm

jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
Hello fam, i'm newbie here. nice to meet y'all!
Well, though I like Mami, but I think the most talented is Tomomi and Rina.
The progression of their skill is truly show on 'baby action'.
Tomo bass lines became more quite progressive, and Rina drumming skills is became more varied..
Check out on Appletachi Dengon, Rina drum skills is kinda goes up to another advanced level. And on Glamorous You, though those kinda relaxing song, Tomo gave her slap bass play uniquely.. Most Talented - Page 2 976811

@yoruichi228: fyi, mami actually start as a drummer in her high school senpai's band.

Most Talented - Page 2 4_zpse36c3efe
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 am

Adamu

Adamu

Caless Student
Caless Student
chiy102 wrote:This is could be off-topic, but since it is being discussed here, I just wanna ask a quick question.

I get the impression it is easier to play the guitar and sing at the same time than it is to play the bass and sing at the same time, base on the comments in this thread. Is that true?

BTW, to answer the thread, my choice is Rina. She is very musically inclined I think, able to play both the piano and the drums. And she composes using the piano and than share with fellow members. I'm no musician, so I am not sure what would be considered talent in the music industry, I am simply impressed by her I guess.

And to be fair, that is just my choice. That does not make anyone more or less capable or talented. But this thread is really informative. I learned a lot more about Tomomi and I agree with everyone here about her talents.
Yeah my main instrument is bass, I can't sing and play that at the same time hardly at all.... I play guitar and I can sing at the same time while playing that despite me being more talented of a bassist. Nice one

My answer to the thread is Tomo all the way, her bass isn't easy to cover perfectly and sounds amazing, plus she sings while playing these complicated bass riffs. From my sources she got her first bass in 2006 and to be as good as she was during their first album with only 2-3 years experience is just amazing. Her voice in my opinion is better than Haruna, obviously I like Haruna's voice too :D. And then the number of songs she wrote for the band. All those stated reasons back my answer!~ .upwalk. .uhuh.

SCANDAL LOVE
foREVer Nice one
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:10 am

Mayuki

Banned
Banned
http://www.scandal-4.com/index.html
Rina for the best Most Talented - Page 2 924158

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 am

Mikazuki

Caless Student
Caless Student
I can't choose all of them are talented

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:23 pm

RinaJa

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://rinaja90@gmail.com
I go for tomomi...
Well, you mentioned all the reasons already.. Haha

but I am also amazed with Rina's tempo and stamina to play the drums in the live performances esp their tours. SOmetimes I assume she's a very perfectionist/"OC" type of person when it comes to things that she does.
Mami also, I saw the video of a guitar class of hers and her improvition is great ehh? haha Haru of course is a great singer and if I'm not mistaken that she choreograph their steps in their PV's, then, she's got cute choreography!!! :D

CANTA Angel
SCANDAL FOR LIFE!!!

Most Talented - Page 2 ?ui=2&ik=f23aae3d3a&view=att&th=1387b0d9012cb55c&attid=0
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
all of them r talented but i'd go with rina
she knows how to play other instruments, she's a good writer(like the blogs) and she's like the composer of the band. I read somewhere that she makes the rhythm on her keyboard then share it with the other members

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Most Talented - Page 2 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 am

inocoma

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I would say either Mami or Rina instrument wise and vocally either Tomomi or Haruna. hahaha sorry....

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:47 pm

tafkma

tafkma

Caless Student
Caless Student
I am pretty sure that all the other musicians on Scandal Heaven would agree that a band is only as good as it's core rhythm section performs. I have played gigs with other bands whose guitarists and vocalists were top notch but the drive was lacking from less than a stellar rhythm section. This being said my vote goes to Tomomi, she knows how to play melodically and knows when to kick the band up a notch. For lack of a better term she sits in the pocket of Rina's drumming quite well given Rina's tendency to to sway a little bit on her kick/bass drum work live. I am not criticizing Rina at all, most drummers live tend to sway a bit but an excellent bass player will feel the groove and compensate. Plus out of all the women Tomo seems to have been born with the " gift", an almost inborn talent for music. Where some must learn their instrument from constant study ( myself included ) some are born to be musicians. Be Well everyone, oh and yes this is just my opinion. I do love all the hard work these Ladies have put in to become the excellent band that they are!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 pm

polysix

polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Rina is an okay drummer, Haruna is an okay guitar player and a pretty good singer, Mami is a great guitar player, but Tomomi is something else on bass. I agree with tafkma, most people don't realize how important the bass player is in a band, and Tomomi's skill is up there with some of the greats.

But I'm going to have to say that overall Mami is the most talented. We've seen her drawing ability and she is no amateur, her guitar skills are great and has greatly improved (i think shes improved the most out of the group), and she can even play the drums! Just by the sheer numbers of thing she can do, I say she is the most talented.

Last edited by polysix on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:14 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
polysix wrote: and have greatly improved (i think shes improved the most out of the group)

I agree with this. MAMI has improved ny leaps and bounds in the last 18 months. I'm proud of her... Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

mylastonepiece

mylastonepiece

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
All of them were actually talented, but to be more specific it would be MAMI for me. Because she can do guitar riffs & lead parts so well & still improving; she can sing; she can dance; she can draw. She can do almost everything. SOOO WONDERFULLY AMAZINGLY TALENTED. ♥️ Just my opinion. ^^ Hehee

Most Talented - Page 2 GwLkWlB

Most Talented - Page 2 Ub

Follow my SCANDAL tumblr: http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:21 pm

reine0314

reine0314

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
mamimyichiban wrote:All of them were actually talented, but to be more specific it would be MAMI for me. Because she can do guitar riffs & lead parts so well & still improving; she can sing; she can dance; she can draw. She can do almost everything. SOOO WONDERFULLY AMAZINGLY TALENTED. ♥ Just my opinion. ^^ Most Talented - Page 2 464571

MY OPINION IS THE SAME AS YOURS Most Talented - Page 2 924158

Most Talented - Page 2 Tumblr_mjh7i0YAAW1s4pwawo1_500 Most Talented - Page 2 25165
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:14 am

Even though Haruna is my favorite, and can't expect a day without seeing her pics

I would say Tomomi is the most talented, I don't know a shit about how it is like to be a guitarist \or \ a bass player.

but I think Playing bass and singing at the same time is something special

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:41 am

Asaya

Asaya

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://faintstir.tumblr.com/
well,i vote for mami cuz she's really good at guitar and also a fabulous backup!!

Most Talented - Page 2 640x480xb8c862cd392d23f5034b4698
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:03 am

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think Tomomi is the most naturally talented musician in the group. Her bass playing and singing provides a steady backbone that anchors the group IMO.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 am

TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
If you ask me, I say ALL of them because they are talented in their own aspects. Wink

Though, I like MAMI playing the guitar.

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I would have to say Tomomi too... From hearing things, bass is a rather difficult instrument (they all are) and people often disregard it as an important part of the band which is not true and Tomo's bass slapping is just too awesome for words... She writes really deep and meaningful lyrics and she's even helped compose a song before. It's amazing how she can sing and play difficult bass lines too... She's become an awesome bassist in only a short time, in fact all of them have improved so much with their respective instruments.

My second one would go to Rina... For someone who wanted to quit she has improved so much and now is one very talented drummer... Her lyrics, like Tomo's are always deep and meaningful plus I love her compositions. I'm always amazed at how she hits the drum really hard LOL... Anyway, she always keeps a steady beat plus a great tempo for the others to follow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 am

UYL

UYL

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
you said it all ne? Yah i think it has to be Timo :D
Whenever I listen to songs, I concentrate to listen to the bass and drums.
And that's it. 2nd goes to Rina :D well you said it all Nice one

People who misunderstand my fascination to Japanese Music are no different to those who really don't understand that MUSIC is a UNIVERSAL language.

Most Talented - Page 2 530278_518239518200301_1411499125_n

Men 7900 lp battle damage received but in my turn? .cool.
OTK! I drained 8000 before the BP comes! GG
.tsk.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:42 am

february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i would have to say either tomomi or rina. tomomi becuase she's the main lyricist, and rina because she can play piano (which is super hard).

Most Talented - Page 2 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:37 am

funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I agree with the guys here, although I'm a SOLID Mami fan, there's no doubt that Tomo is more talented in playing her instrument, her bass lines in their lives are very noticeable and very clean unlike Mami....sometimes she is missing up some notes..and Tomo has great voice, it's not that I'm too much in this but..that's what I think and I know and what I can see and hear..she's getting better with what she's doing now..and also all of the members are improving..and they are very good in what they are doing right now..

me want you..
Most Talented - Page 2 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
Most Talented - Page 2 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41eMost Talented - Page 2 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:19 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I agree with ichiruki! Rina can hit the drums very hard (Like her drumsolo at Scandal vs budokan). And I always captivate about the drummer in a band (playing legs and arms in different rhythms). So I will pick Rina.
But all of them are talented it's very hard to choose.

Most Talented - Page 2 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 am

funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
..I just want to say that It's not that easy to learn an instrument in a short period of time and then play live without knowing enough with what you're playing..that what happened to Scandal and I think that is something unique from them compare to other bands in Jap that have studied music..even though I picked Tomo as the most talented in my opinion they all are really talented..
And what really surprised me here is that..they have learned a lot and have improved a lot.. made it to Budokan in just 5 years..that's something epic..right?..
They are always aiming for improvement and they love what they do..that's why I really love this band..always giving me goosebumps every time I hear their songs..and inspires me too..
.uhuh.

me want you..
Most Talented - Page 2 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
Most Talented - Page 2 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41eMost Talented - Page 2 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down