Go down

Only SCANDAL fan [Page 2 of 6]

Re: Only SCANDAL fan
Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Paladinoras wrote:I don't really particularly care whether or not my friends like SCANDAL or not, after all some people like dubstep, or as I'd like it to call it, "ear-rape", and I have no interest whatsoever in listening to that, so I can somewhat relate.
Oh god, so the dubstep craze isn't just in the U.S.? I like some electronica, but I can't get into dubstep. The slow drumbeat throws me off so much. And they think playing one really low note for half the song is good bass? They need to listen to some oldies (James Jamerson ftw) and good rock music. Any one of Tomomi's basslines would blow away that droning synthbass.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:17 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
nah fam, im well pissed, man this boy around my area came 2 my house and i was dong my work while listening 2 songs (scandal) he came and told me 2 listen 2 cheryl cole so he let me listen 2 one of her track then i said listen 2 this and gave him a scandal track and first he said he dont like the music then he pissed me off by say something really bad about scandal which i aint gonna say soz, so he pissed me so dam bad i just told him 2 go and play on the ps3 something but i was really pissed i felt punching him fam.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:30 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
amz7250 wrote:nah fam, im well pissed, man this boy around my area came 2 my house and i was dong my work while listening 2 songs (scandal) he came and told me 2 listen 2 cheryl cole so he let me listen 2 one of her track then i said listen 2 this and gave him a scandal track and first he said he dont like the music then he pissed me off by say something really bad about scandal which i aint gonna say soz, so he pissed me so dam bad i just told him 2 go and play on the ps3 something but i was really pissed i felt punching him fam.

I searched up cheryl cole and her music is good but your friend saying SCANDAL is crap is disrespectful. People have their own opinion but hatred shouldn't interfere with that...

Comment on the topic: it really sucks when people around you listen to music but you know there is better music out there that you want them to know of but they say its crap and that their mainstream hot singer is better...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@amz7250
Don't let it wind you up !
We know you have better taste than them.
People make fun of me for also being a huge AKB48 fan but do you think it worries me, not a bit !

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The problem here in Brazil, is that the national artists and national musics have really taken a hold (I like it as well but that is not the point). So what happens is that the majority of people just listen to this, and it's not even that they don't like other types of musics, it's that they don't even try to, and even if you show them and they like it, if their friends don't listen they wont bother to look it up.
And they end up listening just to national music and perhaps some other famous bands from around the world, for example, red hot.
This is changing, and fast, but still has a long ways to go.

Of course you will find a lot of people who listen to other things as well, usually, just in the big cities.

But eh, at least in my class, everyone knows about SCANDAL (of course, because I make them listen and see their pics and listen to me talk about them all day), and I noticed they usually like the more calm musics like one piece instead of Love Survive for example. And they usually don't like Tomomi's voice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
GeoFreak wrote:
Paladinoras wrote:I don't really particularly care whether or not my friends like SCANDAL or not, after all some people like dubstep, or as I'd like it to call it, "ear-rape", and I have no interest whatsoever in listening to that, so I can somewhat relate.
Oh god, so the dubstep craze isn't just in the U.S.? I like some electronica, but I can't get into dubstep. The slow drumbeat throws me off so much. And they think playing one really low note for half the song is good bass? They need to listen to some oldies (James Jamerson ftw) and good rock music. Any one of Tomomi's basslines would blow away that droning synthbass.

IKR? I can't seem to understand the craze around it. It's just...urgh horrible.

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 pm

mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
inside the classroom, i'm the only otaku, i'm the only one who knows SCANDAL.. altho there are times that my classmates watch their PVs with me.. and they get mesmerized by their pretty faces but one time i got pissed when someone said, "why do you even like them? you can't even understand what they're saying... blah blah blah" that got me saying, "same goes for your kpop, b*tch." and i ended up as the one apologizing. Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 179813

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 pm

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
Much to my dismay, I don't have any friends that like Scandal or have even heard of them! At school, in the house, I think I'm the sole worshiper of Scandal.
I have tried convincing my siblings but the end-result was not much of a good thing! Online though, I have found lots of Scandal fans like myself and have made friends with some of them, and I'm really grateful for that! :3

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 am

souichiro-san

souichiro-san

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was soo happy,when I saw this page.It's so nice to talk to other Scandal fans from other places.

And I have a stupid question,is there other Hungaryan Scandal fans on the forum? Or Am I the only one? Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 341170

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:43 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Kpop is awesome but the Kpop fans and followers have no respect for other "better" artists
@souichiro-san

I think there maybe another one or two but Northern Europe has less registered SH members.. sorry to say...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 pm

TomomixOgawa

TomomixOgawa

International Performer
International Performer
only have one other friend who is a scandal lover like me. I tried to get some of my school friends into scandal, they said their songs were really good, but they never became as fan crazy as me haha Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Takochuu

Takochuu

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://mizumushiiii.tumblr.com
I got one of my friends to listen to scandal baby today, she said it was actually good, but she'll never get into SCANDAL, and then I made my other friend listen to it too, she didn't even give them a chance.
I'm the only SCANDAL fan around where I am, and my friends think I'm a freak for being so obsessed with them.
Onion Depress

CANTA Peace
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:04 pm

amz7250

amz7250

Banned
Banned
u no wat fam, do this at school wen ur working on a computer listen 2 scandal and make sure that the youtube video is exposed so that wen ppl c scandal they will b more interested and wanna listen 2 wat ur listening, lol thats wat i do but cos my class knows i am a big fan of scandal they will say 'u and ur scandal'.

tnxs 2 thoseguiltyeyes
Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 Kva9P

yea fam, Spraying SCANDAL 2 the world
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:59 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
the thing is there are the potential fans and the people you know how ever hard you promote SCANDAL it won't capture their attention... you have to convert the right people... I feel lucky that I have a SCANDAL companion so I don't feel like a freak...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:04 am

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
Takochuu wrote:I got one of my friends to listen to scandal baby today, she said it was actually good, but she'll never get into SCANDAL, and then I made my other friend listen to it too, she didn't even give them a chance.
I'm the only SCANDAL fan around where I am, and my friends think I'm a freak for being so obsessed with them.
Onion Depress

well thats is how it is in my place too .shy. i got my friends to listen to Hello Hello,Sayonara My Friend (live) and Namida No Regret (live) and so far only one of them actually finished listening to all of them .fustrated. the rest said they weren't interested and left .mad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Freakypandaz

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was studying Japanese at a language school and apparently my sensei (who's from Hiroshima) had no idea about SCANDAL.... Orz... Apparently she appreciated a different genre of music and couldn't get into SCANDAL's style even after I lent her some CDs...

oh well...

needless to say, not a lot of people in my class listens to SCANDAL....

but hey, there's always SH where I won't be alone! CANTA Peace

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Takochuu

Takochuu

Caless Student
Caless Student
daz1994 wrote:
Takochuu wrote:I got one of my friends to listen to scandal baby today, she said it was actually good, but she'll never get into SCANDAL, and then I made my other friend listen to it too, she didn't even give them a chance.
Onion Depress

well thats is how it is in my place too .shy. i got my friends to listen to Hello Hello,Sayonara My Friend (live) and Namida No Regret (live) and so far only one of them actually finished listening to all of them .fustrated. the rest said they weren't interested and left .mad.

it's a hard life for both of us, at least your friend finished the whole song, my friend stopped it before it even got to the chorus Onion Cry

CANTA Peace
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:22 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Takochuu
Isn't it sad how English people will not listen to a song unless it is in English.
I think that is why J-Pop is more popular in France, people there already speak French and English.
But you are right about Japanese people, I have many friends there and only a few of them know Scandal compared to AKB48, everyone in Japan knows them !

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 pm

Ronrinesu

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
Basically all of my friends know I adore SCANDAL and who they are but haven't really made them fans too.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 40-3

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒️ DeviantART ♒️ Tumblr ♒️ MyAnimeList ♒️ Last.fm 

♒️ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Takochuu

Takochuu

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:@Takochuu
Isn't it sad how English people will not listen to a song unless it is in English.
I think that is why J-Pop is more popular in France, people there already speak French and English.
But you are right about Japanese people, I have many friends there and only a few of them know Scandal compared to AKB48, everyone in Japan knows them !

Yeah, you're right, they should give j-pop a chance. It's even sadder knowing that SCANDAL will never be as popular here, and they'll never come to England any time soon, not that I'll be able to definitely go to one of their lives even if they do come, coz i live 3-4 hours away from London, unless they go to a city near me.

CANTA Peace
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:40 am

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
As much as we want more people of our countrys to listen to more J-music, it IS pretty much impossible to compete with western music in general. For the simple reason of proximity and cultural differences. It is not really that people don't like it, I believe that it is because they don't really have much of a chance to listen J-related stuff, or are biased.
And that is the reason I believe that we see much more people from Singapore or Philippines here. They are much closer so I think Japanese culture reaches there much more then here or in England.
I'm not saying that's all it takes, but I believe proximity can play a huge role in disseminating Japanese songs, or any song, from any language.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:10 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hammer wrote:As much as we want more people of our countrys to listen to more J-music, it IS pretty much impossible to compete with western music in general. For the simple reason of proximity and cultural differences. It is not really that people don't like it, I believe that it is because they don't really have much of a chance to listen J-related stuff, or are biased.
And that is the reason I believe that we see much more people from Singapore or Philippines here. They are much closer so I think Japanese culture reaches there much more then here or in England.
I'm not saying that's all it takes, but I believe proximity can play a huge role in disseminating Japanese songs, or any song, from any language.

I'll have to go with that too. All my friends and people around me that listen to Japanese music are the ones that also have a huge interest in Anime/Manga. One of my supportive adults told me she never heard Japanese music until I showed her some.
Even though the internet with its gigantic access to music really made people more open to all sort of music, Japanese music has a really hard time in western countries.
I have never even seen once a CD of a Japanese artist in any of the stores at my location.
And I don't know but I think due to the lack of it people seem to think it's "strange" because they have never heard of it. I can't count how many times I was asked "You really like that stuff?" And when I ask "Have you ever listened to Japanese music?" They say "No".
And most of the time they actually don't find it bad after I made them listen to some.

But I wonder why BFMV, LP, Metallica and Justin Bieber and other Western bands are so popular in Japan that they even hold tours there.

In the end though, you feel really lonely as SCANDAL fan cuz nobody knows them.. And some even bash them before even listening to them Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 880890

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:37 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
@Reachie its all thanks to mass media that these artists can perform and become famous worldwide... SCANDAL isn't well publiscied out of Japan I think Japan artist for the majority are for a the niche group and aren't heading mainstream for awhile unlike western Pop/Rock or KPOP... who have headed for world debut...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:50 am

haruhiyuu

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
here in our area i know atleast 3 ppl who loves scandal
=Dp

i met them thru fb/sh

Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 1y9gb
Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥
Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 F3crb7

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Hammer

Hammer

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Reachie wrote:
Hammer wrote:As much as we want more people of our countrys to listen to more J-music, it IS pretty much impossible to compete with western music in general. For the simple reason of proximity and cultural differences. It is not really that people don't like it, I believe that it is because they don't really have much of a chance to listen J-related stuff, or are biased.

I'll have to go with that too. All my friends and people around me that listen to Japanese music are the ones that also have a huge interest in Anime/Manga. One of my supportive adults told me she never heard Japanese music until I showed her some.
Even though the internet with its gigantic access to music really made people more open to all sort of music, Japanese music has a really hard time in western countries.
I have never even seen once a CD of a Japanese artist in any of the stores at my location.
And I don't know but I think due to the lack of it people seem to think it's "strange" because they have never heard of it. I can't count how many times I was asked "You really like that stuff?" And when I ask "Have you ever listened to Japanese music?" They say "No".
And most of the time they actually don't find it bad after I made them listen to some.

But I wonder why BFMV, LP, Metallica and Justin Bieber and other Western bands are so popular in Japan that they even hold tours there.

In the end though, you feel really lonely as SCANDAL fan cuz nobody knows them.. And some even bash them before even listening to them Only SCANDAL fan - Page 2 880890

Exactly, I think most people think that Japanese stuff is weird without even trying to research a bit more, and mainly because they believe their friends are going to find them weird just because they tried it.
When I ask them what do they think of pretty much anything related to Japan, the usual answer is... "oh that anime/manga stuff". And I say "no, it is music, know that word?, they always relate Japan to anime/manga.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.