You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Rank57 wrote:Particularly, I don't like the costumes they wore on Budokan and Osaka-jo, I think it's more natural when the artist wear something closer to what they would wear in their personal times.

Hear, hear.

The regular set list changes is a welcome evolution for the band too IMHO. I am a big fan of bands who can 'wing it' every night - although I've to admit not many bands (including established ones) really do this, but for SCANDAL being able to do this now that's a major plus.

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@TanyaLilac
very nice review, great to know that you had a lot of fun !!Nice one 

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Rank57 wrote:I think it's more natural when the artist wear something closer to what they would wear in their personal times.

Well, most rock bands put some thought into what they wear to shows, no matter who they are, and Scandal definitely do this too. Playing a show for thousands of people is a special event both for the band and for the fans. It may seem like bands just wear regular clothes, but even real indie rock bands wear what they wear to project an image of an indie rock band. (I have some experience with this.) Scandal's band image just doesn't fit street clothes.

I know in their VERY early days they played shows in street clothes, but have they done that since even being signed to Kitty, much less Epic? Have they had other shows or tours since becoming popular where they've dressed in street clothes? I can't think of any myself.

Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:
Rank57 wrote:I think it's more natural when the artist wear something closer to what they would wear in their personal times.

Well, most rock bands put some thought into what they wear to shows, no matter who they are, and Scandal definitely do this too.  Playing a show for thousands of people is a special event both for the band and for the fans.  It may seem like bands just wear regular clothes, but even real indie rock bands wear what they wear to project an image of an indie rock band. (I have some experience with this.)  Scandal's band image just doesn't fit street clothes.

I know in their VERY early days they played shows in street clothes, but have they done that since even being signed to Kitty, much less Epic?  Have they had other shows or tours since becoming popular where they've dressed in street clothes?  I can't think of any myself.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed second video as it is on an official release. Please read the rules about that.)

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 61185
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Well, it's not like they're wearing their own regular clothes during this tour. They have 2 sets of regular-looking outfits that they're using as their official tour uniforms. Though they are basically just shorts/skirts/jeans/tanks, I would say that they're "uniforms" because they're the only clothes that they're wearing on stage during this tour. They wore similar casual uniforms last year on their LIVE IDO LIVE tour too. I think that's kind of the image they want to go for during these small live house tours in the summer: casual and relaxed.

That said, they haven't actually worn their regular street clothes for a live since their Shiroten days.

And as for the videos that kaitanuva posted, those are technically not street clothes. They just wore their tour t-shirts in place of their normal live tops, which they always do for the encore.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
TanyaLilac wrote:
...Kimi to yoru to namida.

I got chills. MAMI’s playing was emotionally charged and RINA was definitely bouncing off that with the intro – HARU’s voice is more mature than it was when they first recorded the track, and it was granted a new depth with a slight layering of effects over their voices. No one said a word at the song’s conclusion; the only lights on the stage were the yellow spotlights shone down on them, and they all looked down and away – a true, mature performance, and the highlight of the night for me.

So we had a vote, and it was decided they would do a medley of Shunkan Sentimental and SCANDAL BABY. In typical fashion, TOMO was a bit confused and asked where they would split the songs – but HARU confirmed they would play both songs entirely. RINA also had to use her blingtastic monitors to play. XD And all too soon, it was over. We had poured our hearts into the encore and sang the bridge for SCANDAL BABY, but it was time to hand the night back to them and go our separate ways… but not before the final introduction of band members and high-five-ing and TOMO bumping into MAMI on stage. Cute, but not as cute as RINA girlcrushing on MAMI while playing :3
I'm so jelly right now. haha
*sigh* That Kimi to yoru to Namida, I want to see it live more and more cause of your review! XD

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 URT1EYY
SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Set list for Toyama MAIRO, July 2nd:

01. 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae
02. Rock'n Roll
03. Hi-Hi-Hi
04. LOVE SURVIVE
05. Satisfaction
06. Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
07. CUTE!
08. GLAMOROUS YOU
09. Shunkan Sentimental
10. Playboy
11. Kimi to Yoru to Namida
12. Bitter Chocolate
13. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
14. Namida yo Hikare
15. DOLL
16. Taiyou Scandalous

Encore:
17. Space Ranger

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:18 am; edited 3 times in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

joethecurious

Caless Student
Caless Student
TanyaLilac wrote:The first thing I noticed was that RINA wasn’t sitting behind the others anymore. They were all in line, MAMI and HARU on either side – a la ‘Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne’. It made a huge difference in the show, I think – it’s probably the main reason why my friend is now a RINA fan lol.
Pictures?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@joethecurious: No pictures are ever allowed to be taken by the audience in Japanese venues. Though I imagine it looked just like this:

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 Ps9GKdy

Back to top Go down

freefood

Caless Student
Caless Student
[Picture removed]

Looks like this is the one with Rina symmetrically aligned with the other girls during a live performance.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The picture you posted was from CLUB SCANDAL. Pictures from there are not allowed on SH.)

Back to top Go down
owmxxks

owmxxks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
No pictures at the live shows? That's unfortunate, I wonder why that is

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Well, it's not like they're wearing their own regular clothes during this tour. They have 2 sets of regular-looking outfits that they're using as their official tour uniforms. Though they are basically just shorts/skirts/jeans/tanks, I would say that they're "uniforms" because they're the only clothes that they're wearing on stage during this tour.

Thanks, that is actually what I was hoping was the case. I know they've worn things at shows in the past that a person might also initially think of as street clothes (in that they're not matched to each other in any obvious way, and just look like fashionable clothes any celebrity might wear) but then they wear them multiple times at consecutive shows so they're obviously "uniforms" for that batch of shows. I'm specifically thinking of some of the festival tour outfits from last summer. So that does have precedent.

I still prefer it when they wear things that are actually matched to each other and really look special/different from the norm in some way, but if they were really just wearing random clothes that didn't have any real thought put into them on a tour, I feel like that would be kind of big news because it's just not what they do. And it'd be a little disappointing, at least for me.

Those still aren't my favorite outfits as a tour uniform, but not that I'd care if I actually got to see them on this tour...

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Set list for Zepp Nagoya day 1, July 4th:

02. Rising Star
03. Hi-Hi-Hi
04. LOVE SURVIVE
05. Satisfaction
07. CUTE!
08. GLAMOROUS YOU
09. Kagerou
10. Playboy
12. Bitter Chocolate
14. Namida yo Hikare
15. DOLL
16. Taiyou Scandalous

Encore:
17. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
18. SCANDAL BABY

Back to top Go down
haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Set list for Zepp Nagoya day 1, July 4th:

02. Rising Star
03. Hi-Hi-Hi
04. LOVE SURVIVE
05. Satisfaction
07. CUTE!
08. GLAMOROUS YOU
09. Kagerou
10. Playboy
12. Bitter Chocolate
14. Namida yo Hikare
15. DOLL
16. Taiyou Scandalous

Encore:
17. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
18. SCANDAL BABY

awesome encore songs~ *A*

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 URT1EYY
SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Set list for Zepp Nagoya day 2, July 5th:

02. Rock'n Roll
03. Rising Star
04. LOVE SURVIVE
05. Satisfaction
07. CUTE!
08. GLAMOROUS YOU
09. Kagerou
10. Playboy
12. Bitter Chocolate
14. Namida yo Hikare
15. DOLL
16. Taiyou Scandalous

Encore:
17. Hoshi no Furu Yoru ni
18. SCANDAL BABY

Back to top Go down
jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
Set list for Zepp Fukuoka, July 7th, the final show:

02. Rock'n Roll
03. Rising Star
04. LOVE SURVIVE
05. Satisfaction
07. CUTE!
08. GLAMOROUS YOU
09. Shunkan Sentimental
10. Playboy
12. Bitter Chocolate
14. Namida yo Hikare
15. DOLL
16. Taiyou Scandalous

Encore:
17. SCANDAL no Theme
18. Hoshi no Furu Yoru Ni
19. SCANDAL BABY

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 4_zpse36c3efe
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

freefood

Caless Student
Caless Student
SCANDAL No Theme as an encore song doesn't flow well in my opinion =/

Back to top Go down
metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
freefood wrote:SCANDAL No Theme as an encore song doesn't flow well in my opinion =/

SCANDAL no Theme anywhere except the start of the concert doesn't flow well IMO. The overall tune and theme of the song makes it sound more suited as an introduction to them rather than something in the middle or end of a concert.

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Have to agree and I don't think many will disagree on this one .whistle.  I wonder why it's not simply their opener each show, it's an old song that fans know of and it sets a good pace to start and is also good for the new fans that come to the show.

But yeah in the middle of the set list or as an Encore song it's a bit weird.

Though I wouldn't mind if I was at the show, I would be too happy to care what songs they play and when .nosebleed.

In the end it's not a big deal but wonder why they do it like that.

Back to top Go down
meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
in my personal point of view having scandal  no theme for their encore is quite good. It's like giving us the message "so there you go you've heard our music we hope you enjoyed it, we are scandal, we will rock your world". .happy. 

Now that their tour is over we'll have to wait and see what's in store for us in the next few days .smile.

Back to top Go down
raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If you have ever attended a Scandal live house concert, you'll know that an encore can't really be considered as "in the middle or the end of" it's more like a new start to another mini concert.

Last year, Rina wanted the last concert (which was in Sapporo) to be like a one-man live, which means she wants it to be as intense as possible to the end. If they followed the same route this year then it's quite understandable to put Scandal no Theme, which IMO is they're strongest and heaviest song, there. Especially when they always start their lives with 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae.

I'm quite confused at them moment, so I'm not sure if my explanations make sense. LOL

Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Hum well maybe they see it this way but it's weird. A "new" mini-concert? Hardly the case if they just play one song in some cases =P

Also the "problem" with the Theme is that it's clearly an introduction song so it really feels weird to here "We are SCANDAL...!" when they already played 15 songs for the crowd lol no?

Back to top Go down
Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I actually think it's kind of a fun song, so that's why they put it there. And like raynsity said, encores are like the start to another kind of show. They play certain songs, so to have Scandal no 
 Theme as the intro seems cool. Also, the next song was Hoshi no Furu Yoru ni, which is a fast paced song, and something else the girls have fun with. With the addition of SCANDAL BABY, the encore seems great.

But this is just my personal opinion.

Back to top Go down
Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
spacecadet wrote:

Well, most rock bands put some thought into what they wear to shows, no matter who they are, and Scandal definitely do this too.  Playing a show for thousands of people is a special event both for the band and for the fans.  It may seem like bands just wear regular clothes, but even real indie rock bands wear what they wear to project an image of an indie rock band. (I have some experience with this.)  Scandal's band image just doesn't fit street clothes.

I know in their VERY early days they played shows in street clothes, but have they done that since even being signed to Kitty, much less Epic?  Have they had other shows or tours since becoming popular where they've dressed in street clothes?  I can't think of any myself.

Just to clarify things, I never said SCANDAL or any band in that case just goes to stage wearing what they were wearing when they left their houses. It's obvious no artist steps on stage with their casual clothes, they do have an image to protect, and anyone knows that.

What I did say is I think it's better when they are wearing something like you would see people wearing on streets. Something casual-looking, not exagerated costumes with feathers, wings or whatnot. It still is a "costume", but does not look like one.

About SCANDAL no Theme played during encore, I agree with everyone who said it's better in the begining. Actually, the "WE ARE SCANDAL" part isn't needed, since everybody who goes to their concert knows who they are already...

Back to top Go down
metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Rank57 wrote:Actually, the "WE ARE SCANDAL" part isn't needed, since everybody who goes to their concert knows who they are already...

I disagree with this. I don't really know how to put this in words... but the thing is.. I don't think the purpose of that line is to introduce themselves to people who don't know them. Of course we know who they are otherwise why would we go for their concert? It's their own personal theme after all, and this sentence to me sort of announces their arrival to the stage and the concert. Without that line the song loses its overall charm, impact and power.

SCANDAL LIVE TOUR 2013「SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake」 - Page 5 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down