Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:04 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:
avanpiper wrote:I don't get the posters though, what a shame. My own fault anyway for not ordering from CDJ (budget tight!)
I don't get the posters either, ordering from Amazon. It's a tradeoff; get stuff earlier, get no posters, or get stuff later and get the posters. Sometimes I think about ordering from CDJ just for the posters, but every time I order from them it seems to take forever.
Hmm, I live further than you and I got my last two stuff from them 3 days after release using Airmail shipping (1150 yen).

I still haven't got my album though T-T. I hope it gets here tomorrow..

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:08 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
kaitanuva wrote:Hmm, I live further than you and I got my last two stuff from them 3 days after release using Airmail shipping (1150 yen).
Last time for me it took 2 weeks using registered air mail, which takes a little longer than unregistered, but the time before that I waited 6 weeks for unregistered air mail and never got my package. Contacted CDJ and they sent another one out by registered air mail (they do have good service), which also took 2 weeks. So that one was 8 weeks total, and one package got lost.

It's luck to some extent when dealing with the postal service and customs. I send and receive packages to and from Japan for my own business all the time and it's really unpredictable how long it takes when using the mail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:14 pm

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
I really do not understand how there are people who still do not hear the disk waiting your original copy
really deserve my admiration .hail. 

CDJapan buy it and although the transfer between Japan and Chile is fast (1 day)
I'm waiting for my copy already for 3 days in my country, but the mail service is really slow in Chile, and perhaps arrives today, as it may take a few more days

and the truth that when it left the disk could not help myself, so immediately Downloader

and really is a wonderful album, completely rekindled my love for SCANDAL .wow.

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:41 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I'm slowly dying waiting my copy Dead Onion

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm

lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
I ordered through CDJ and shipped with EMS. It came in 2 days which was really fast it surprised me! I used SAL the last time and it took three weeks to ship..

anyway, the album's really great! Gestalt's my fav song

Hang in there if you're still waiting! its gonna be worth it!

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 Second_zps9a1d7466
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:27 am

meloya

meloya

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://meloindex.com
hanautasancho wrote:
anchiel wrote:Mine also have the same fate... Onion Depress
You know how to go to customs?

I hope their album will stay on top 5 on the charts so that they are to break their record again! And again and again for their future albums. May all of their albums be on the top 5!
Mine as well got stuck in the customs.... waaaaaaa we all had the same fate

I was planning on going out wearing the T-shirt but i got unlucky haha
@anchiel im not really sure how to go there, it will be my first time i just googled it. might just take the cab from moa.  .sweat. .

@hanautasancho same! i was planning to wear the shirt this weekend at cosplaymania!! hahaha but oh well .plank. 

lets hope for great luck when we claim it XD. when do you guys plan on going there?

checked on oricon daily charts STANDARD is still on steady third place behind Perfume and Superfly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:37 am

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
I finally got my copy of STANDARD. I decided to listen to it with an open mind, and well... I was blown away. This new album is simply amazing ! For me, it might very well be their best album (my favorite album is/was BEST SCANDAL). LOVE 

Like some of you have already said, I think there is more rock in STANDARD than in any of their previous albums. And this simple fact swept away any doubt I had about the future of the band. That and the fact that this new album is a little more creative and inventive than the others. In every song there is a little something, a riff, a rhythm, a guitar effect they did not have before. The guitars are more diverse, some riffs are more complex, the drums are more powerful and Haruna's voice really comes stronger on the whole album. The girls have definitely took their game to the next level. .wow. 

There is no song I dislike, although I wish they had included '24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae' instead of 'Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki'. My favorite songs, in no particular order, are STANDARD, Namida yo Hikare, Metronome and Hachigatsu. All 4 are fantastic, but to me, STANDARD particularly stands out because it's so raw, so energetic and right at the end, it explodes with an incredible chorus and guitars. I am screaming with them every time I listen to this song. .rage.

I am so glad the girls were able to put this fine album together and add more material they created themselves. They can be proud.

And also, I cannot wait for them to play these new songs live. It's gonna be insane when they play STANDARD, Metronome or Namida yo Hikare on stage ! (yeah I know, I'm a little fired up, just a little ;-) )

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:27 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Only if the digital version had bonus Sigh Well..... 

I just ordered the RE on CDJ since they still had First Press Editions! \(^_^)/ Woo! Can't wait for that to come! I wonder what sticker I'm gonna get? Haha!

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:08 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

My CD/DVD is STILL in the mail and will only arrive middle of next week. I thought about doing this then but heck, this can't wait any longer. Here goes, STANDARD comments track-by-track:-

M1. Brand new wave - The lightest track in the album. Bright, poppy, radio friendly, a good song to use for a beverage ad (which, IIRC, it was). Not quite as hard hitting as the rest of the album but I feel this is a good song in its own right. I enjoy it quite a lot and it has a pretty good solo in the middle.

M2. OVER DRIVE - The last single before release, a song with a nice, dreamy end of summer vibe. Still quite bright and poppy. But the good kind of bright and poppy. The strings/violins are quite interesting. And the live version is surprisingly rocky.

M3. Uchiagehanabi (Sky Rocket) - "Go go go fireworks, Go go go fireworks" I love me my bittersweet melancholy and this track is loaded with it. Timo's picked bassline is a real treat and I love the style, the feel and the arrangement of this song. I especially like the break in the song at 2.31, you could almost see fireworks exploding in the sky. In slow motion. A great song. And I love the lyrics.

M4. Orange Juice - I recall reading somewhere that this song is described as a "rockabilly" track. That's not wrong, it's an old timey rock n roll style song. A bit like Ring Ring Ring on steroids. Should go down really well live. Plus, check out those tasty jazz licks at 2.50. Ummm oishiiiii..

M5. Metronome - ROCK! This is rock. Pure and simply rock. Check out that riff! This song rocks HARD, harder than anything I've ever heard from the girls, harder than QAT. It rocks so hard, One OK Rock could cover this note for note and it will fit right in with their usual stuff. It's freaking awesome. If anyone, ANYONE, ever doubts that SCANDAL is rock band, this is proof.

M6. Weather report - Ever since the previews came out for this one, I've been really looking forward to it. Once again, bittersweet melancholy and Rina's emo lyrics about a failing relationship really hits the spot. And that was BEFORE Jade posted her translations (kindergarten Japanese listening comprehension FTW! I can't think of any particular part of the song that stands out, it just sweeps you up and takes you for a ride. Great song and a stand out.

M7. Hachigatsu (August) - MAMI proves that she can write music and is actually quite good at it! And Haruna proves that she too can do bittersweet melancholy. This song is quite important to me because if not mistaken, this song is actually sort of about themselves. Check out that intro and listen carefully to that reverb. This song might not be very "heavy" but the slow rock vibe is there.

M8. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne - Of the three singles that came out this year, this was the 1st one and is still my favourite one. Such a strong song, a good example of pop rock done right.

M9. Kagen no Tsuki - Timo suggested that we check out her tone on this one and compare it with her usual stuff. Yep, that Bassman 10 really does give it this particular roundness, good for that retro feel. I also like the PV, really classy. Oh and this song's bassline is crazy difficult. And Timo can play it WHILE singing *hides in shame*

M10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai - Rhythm guitar. The rhythm guitar on this is loud, brash and in-your-face. I really hope it's Haruna doing it, I can't get enough of it. I really like how there's a tension chord played at the end of each phrase, it gives it this nice horns-like quality. And the style shift into that phased, , swirly, spacy part of the song is really cool.

M11. Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki - The only song on the album to use a disco beat. The song's bridge is great, Timo sounds great. I just LOVE her squeaky, chipmunk voice when she's singing a high note. I have no idea why. A nice, foot-tapping, head swaying song.

M12. Namida yo Hikare - O_O POP PUNK! A POP PUNK SONG IN A SCANDAL ALBUM???!!!! PLAYED BY SCANDAL! WHAT IS GOING ON??!! This is not even in the style of pop punk, or using elements and cliches from pop punk. It's... JUST POP PUNK! Rob Cavallo (famous producer dude) could take this song, write English lyrics, get Greenday to record it and stick it at the end of International Superhits as a bonus track and NO ONE WOULD NOTICE IT'S A SCANDAL SONG! I LOVE pop punk! AND I LOVE SCANDAL! This is.. this is too much! AAAAAHHH *head explodes* The SCANDAL song that is in the greatest danger of starting a riot in one of their shows. Especially if it's the encore.

M13. STANDARD - This is the kind of stuff people might spontaneously come up with during free jams. And I actually think that this was exactly what happened, they were noodling around during practice, someone comes up with a beat or a progression and voila! A song! I didn't quite get it at first but eventually, yeah, it's pretty cool.

That's it. I know it's a bit TLDR but trust me, I could go on Tongue

I have one minor concern. This album, is SO good. So good, I'm wondering how on earth are the girls going to top this one. Will their future work be up to STANDARD? (pun intended)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I hope you guys gonna get your copy soon, sorry Sad

I wanted to post a top 5 but... it's impossible for me. Of course you cannot love every song at the same level so I have songs that I prefer but that would probably become a top 10 or 11 or 12 out of 13... So no real point in doing it.

I realized I didn't post after watch the PV for SITH in HQ... but there is so much to say and it's so awesome I don't even know what to say or where to start!

I don't think you can get a better fun PV for the fans than this =P It's simply awesome and cute. That's why I also love the song so much. It's totally not a SCANDAL song but it' a funny song about them and that makes it so great.

The MAMI scenes when she is playing games or HARU as a wizard, etc soooooo great. AND TIMO and her wonderland inside her head =P And RINA when she does the same pose as when she was a kid (with the 2 fingers) .lol. 

The end is crazy when the ultimate craziness starts and I don't know why but there is this half a second shot with MAMI when she has the pad in her hands, there is the little cat walking MAMI hide her face and starts laughing... makes me laugh everytime, looks like an outtake where she just realize how funny all this is and starts laughing =P

Simple amazing and awesome. HARUNA is... .nosebleed. They are all to be honest!

Anyone else watches the PV and tries to focus on one member only? Like only watching MAMI (when they are 4 of them on screen) to see every crazy poses she do? =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 am

alrick13

alrick13

still at the third place for the 5th day of the Oricon Daily Album charts with 40,104 unit of sales.... already surpassing all of their previous album sales for the first week

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:34 pm

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:I hope you guys gonna get your copy soon, sorry Sad

I wanted to post a top 5 but... it's impossible for me. Of course you cannot love every song at the same level so I have songs that I prefer but that would probably become a top 10 or 11 or 12 out of 13... So no real point in doing it.

I realized I didn't post after watch the PV for SITH in HQ... but there is so much to say and it's so awesome I don't even know what to say or where to start!

I don't think you can get a better fun PV for the fans than this =P It's simply awesome and cute. That's why I also love the song so much. It's totally not a SCANDAL song but it' a funny song about them and that makes it so great.

The MAMI scenes when she is playing games or HARU as a wizard, etc soooooo great. AND TIMO and her wonderland inside her head =P And RINA when she does the same pose as when she was a kid (with the 2 fingers) .lol. 

The end is crazy when the ultimate craziness starts and I don't know why but there is this half a second shot with MAMI when she has the pad in her hands, there is the little cat walking MAMI hide her face and starts laughing... makes me laugh everytime, looks like an outtake where she just realize how funny all this is and starts laughing =P

Simple amazing and awesome. HARUNA is... .nosebleed. They are all to be honest!

Anyone else watches the PV and tries to focus on one member only? Like only watching MAMI (when they are 4 of them on screen) to see every crazy poses she do? =P
Me too! I totally LOVE the video, I wasn't feeling the song initially to be honest (hence the reason why I didn't get the single) but that video changed everything for me. I think the video is awesome and I can't take my eyes off MAMI. Her scenes were great (total otaku mode, I'm an anime/gamer myself so I can relate). It's my favorite video compared to the other two singles. 

alrick13 wrote:still at the third place for the 5th day of the Oricon Daily Album charts with 40,104 unit of sales.... already surpassing all of their previous album sales for the first week
Good to know they're hanging there. I know they can't surpass Perfume but to gain higher than their past records mean improvement .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 am

jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hey, i have a comparision of HARUNA's voice in STANDARD and their earlier album ( BEST SCANDAL, BABY ACTION,..) , i find something's different in HARUNA's voice. In my opinion,i think HARUNA'S voice in their earlier album ( BABY ACTION,BEST SCANDAL,..)sounds fresh and more natural than this album.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 SI6wMT3
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:40 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
jason.copeland23 wrote:Hey, i have a comparision of HARUNA's voice in STANDARD and their earlier album ( BEST SCANDAL, BABY ACTION,..) , i find something's different in HARUNA's voice. In my opinion,i think HARUNA'S voice in their earlier album ( BABY ACTION,BEST SCANDAL,..)sounds fresh and more natural than this album.
You need to remember she essentially ruined her ability to sing back in 2011, she's had to rehabilitate her voice and it is probably the reason you feel it sounds different (which is does).

Yes it was a deep, mellow and round type of voice when she started off but after the incident(s), her voice is more edgy.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:54 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeyy I got my album now with the t-shirt and poster 

I unrolled the poster and I died haha xD .nosebleed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:29 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
^i think you were the guy that the custom agent was talking about when he saw my package. =Dp and by the looks of it, SCANDAL merch are now a pretty common item in our customs.haha
this album is certainly worth the wait, except for the tax lolol

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
hanautasancho wrote:Yeyy I got my album now with the t-shirt and poster 

I unrolled the poster and I died haha xD .nosebleed.
Did you go personally to customs? Or did you wait for it? I want to get mine real bad. .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
kaitoKid wrote:^i think you were the guy that the custom agent was talking about when he saw my package. =Dp and by the looks of it, SCANDAL merch are now a pretty common item in our customs.haha
Your packages must be humongous? xD

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
avanpiper wrote:
kaitoKid wrote:^i think you were the guy that the custom agent was talking about when he saw my package. =Dp and by the looks of it, SCANDAL merch are now a pretty common item in our customs.haha
Your packages must be humongous? xD
its not that big honestly speaking. 21 L x 6.5 w...okay its pretty long =Dp its because of the poster tho. the box with the shirt and cd is only 6x6

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ yeah, i went there early today so as to not join the morning rush hour trip. that guy in the customs always remember me by the CD indicated in the invoice.... hahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
filipino fans congratz in getting your copy of scandal album =)

off topic: for filipino fans, may i ask how much it costs you in buying their album online?i wanted to purchase but i dont know how much will it be. This will be my first time buying online. thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:43 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
I couldn't wait my copy... I listened album

It is so awesome, for songs that aren't singles, my favorites are Orange Juice, Metronome and STANDARD.

When we listen full album and it finish on an energic "WHAT'S YOUR STANDARD !?"   We want an other new album. .dies. .dies.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Yehey! I just received mine. .clap. 

Unluckily, I don't have a poster?.wew.  I'm jealous guys. Why do you have posters and I don't have? (hehe never mind my rants..)

Overall, I'm very satisfied as a customer. All very good songs with some great ones. Metronome, Hachigatsu, Namida yo Hikare (of course Awanai is included) are my favorites. I also enjoyed the DVD. That Scandal in the House PV in HD is a treat.

I will be sleepless for a few nights. .hora. 

meow-chan wrote:filipino fans congratz in getting your copy of scandal album =)

off topic: for filipino fans, may i ask how much it costs you in buying their album online?i wanted to purchase but i dont know how much will it be. This will be my first time buying online. thanks in advance!
I think this the right thread for you: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t1215-where-to-purchase-scandal-cds

I can recommend this if you don't have a credit card and you don't want too much hustle: https://www.facebook.com/icandy.hallyu.shoppe (this is where I bought mine) Cost for CD+DVD: P2,305 including delivery to your house.

Last edited by MamiXHaruna on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:18 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thank you so much mamixharuna! =) i dont know where to post my inquiry so i decided to take it here since im going to purchase standard.. =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:25 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MamiXHaruna wrote:

Unluckily, I don't have a poster?.wew.  I'm jealous guys. Why do you have posters and I don't have? (hehe never mind my rants..)
t. 
You get a poster if you pre-order from CDJapan

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 23 61185
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum