Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Sun May 31, 2015 9:40 pm

Ania

Ania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
joon wrote:What are the odds that the PV was shot around the world during the world tour?
 THIS!!! Yes, I would love to see that .wow.

It's gonna be really awesome!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 9:47 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
its kind of giving me similar vibes as "Right Here" from Queens are Trumps. Its good, not single material though imo from this short clip.

edit:
for those of you who cant see it on Youtube
https://vimeo.com/channels/314150/129376248

Last edited by astoriasky on Sun May 31, 2015 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 9:48 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
joon wrote:What are the odds that the PV was shot around the world during the world tour?
It'd be awesome. The whole song would go well with the clips of girls travelling around the places they've been going to on their day offs during the world tour and some scenes with fans (like Satisfaction or something like that) It should prolly be released earlier tho if everything's prepared and just needs some polishing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 9:55 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
its nice to see haruna smile big again post braces. noticed she tried to hide her smile during the whole thing the last few years.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Mesutto

Mesutto

Caless Student
Caless Student
New song sounds different than other SCANDAL songs. I wonder full song and I hope I can get limited editions.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 Deluxe10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 10:53 pm

clem84

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
reilachii wrote:kind of unimpressed with what we got so far, but it can be due to the unexpected news lol
wondering if the b-side will be that new song they played during the hello world tour

Yeah I'm not feeling it either. I've listened to it 2-3 times and I'm kinda unimpressed with the song. Maybe it'll grow on me.

However those 2 LEs with 4 songs from the world tour on each DVD is awesome news. I'm not sure if I should get those 2 releases or wait for the eventual "Hello World" tour on Blu ray, which will probably happen at some point.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:13 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here's my translation of the description of the single:

Through the huge success of their world tour, their long-awaited new work is American pop rock!

SCANDAL has been powered up even further after completing their first solo world tour consisting of 41 performances in 9 countries around the world.
The girls crazy about the world will be releasing the long-awaited 「Stamp!」 this summer, their first single in 8 months!
This work is an ambitious one with guitar & vocalist MAMI penning the lyrics+music and three-time Grammy Award-winning producer and engineer Tom Lord-Alge working on engineering.
With a powerful, calm beat that naturally makes your body sway;
A refreshing air that reminds you of an image of a summer with the blue sky of the West Coast coming out and pop-party feeling;
And an exquisitely mixed languor of rock, this is a song that's like the "natural form of SCANDAL."
It's world-standard American pop rock of SCANDAL, who has grown into the world's leading all-girl band.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Mesutto

Mesutto

Caless Student
Caless Student
One of my friends told, the song sounds like this song

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 Deluxe10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

CommSpecTraynor

CommSpecTraynor

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://sicksister.deviantart.com/
clem84 wrote:
reilachii wrote:kind of unimpressed with what we got so far, but it can be due to the unexpected news lol
wondering if the b-side will be that new song they played during the hello world tour

Yeah I'm not feeling it either. I've listened to it 2-3 times and I'm kinda unimpressed with the song. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Yeah, I really hope American Pop Rock is not their new music direction. I understand that people like and admire artists like Avril Lavigne, Blink 182 or Limp Bizkit but I really don't like the genre they create in. I don't mean to offend anyone and their music taste, really believe me. I'm not saying california pop rock is bad bu I don't like it. I'm just saying I love SCANDAL because it's J-rock and you feel it. After listening to to perview, as far as I can tell, "Stamp", is not j-rock it just sung in japanese.
.whiteflag.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 L5WrWMH
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:34 pm

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
Can't Wait To Hear The Full Version ! I Also Think The PV Will Use Some Footage From Their "Hello World" Tour Due To The Way They Described The Song.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 G8xw2Sx
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:35 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So the short audio of the single is now up in their Official Youtube channel.

It was just okay for me since I listened to it once. Sounded like Right Here to me

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Nashi Dragneel

Caless Student
Caless Student
yaii <3 cant wait for it <3.<3

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:45 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hanautasancho wrote:So the short audio of the single is now up in their Official Youtube channel.

I already posted that in the first post of this thread. Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the band's new Twitter profile picture:

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 AEy8Uw1

This looks like it was taken in Venice Beach, which they visited when they were here in Los Angeles, and the cover pictures look like they were taken on the same day in their hotel room, so that would be pretty darn awesome (for me at least lol) if these were in fact all shot here in LA! ♥

Edit: Definitely taken in Venice!

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 51wwzKf

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 31, 2015 11:50 pm

danlexia

danlexia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalinthehouse.tumblr.com/
Well, I actually liked it A LOT. Even before knowing it was a MAMI song. It is a refreshing tune, I like that SCANDAL is trying new genres and styles. Of course they won't follow American Pop now, but is really cool having a few songs that reflect their influences in the world tour. MAMI keeps amazing me more and more. I think I'm also going for all versions this time, bye money.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 2 Sca_he10

5.20 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City 4.27 / 4.28 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Orix Theater, Osaka 5.11 / 5.12 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo 9.14 SCANDAL US & MEXICO TOUR 2018「SPECIAL THANKS」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- YOYO Palais de Tokyo, Paris TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- O2 Academy Islington, London
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I was trying to think of what it sounded like (it sounded *very* familiar to me the first time I heard it) and "Beverly Hills" by Weezer, as posted above, is probably it.

I guess there are worse bands than Weezer for them to be taking inspiration from, but when listening to their albums or the entire library, I usually skip the songs they make that are so clearly influenced by other bands ("Koshi Tan Tan", "Right Here", even "Oyasumi", etc). I like their songs that sound more original, with their own sound.

Well, it's not bad anyway. I'm glad to hear some new music from them. With this world tour, it feels like the regular schedule I've grown accustomed to from them is all out of whack.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:34 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm guessing this was not the "new song" played in HELLO WORLD tour as indicated in some of the setlist in Japan. Or was it? Based on the comments it was a birthday song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:36 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Here's my translation of the description of the single:

Through the huge success of their world tour, their long-awaited new work is American pop rock!

SCANDAL has been powered up even further after completing their first solo world tour consisting of 41 performances in 9 countries around the world.
The girls crazy about the world will be releasing the long-awaited 「Stamp!」 this summer, their first single in 8 months!
This work is an ambitious one with guitar & vocalist MAMI penning the lyrics+music and three-time Grammy Award-winning producer and engineer Tom Lord-Alge working on engineering.
With a powerful, calm beat that naturally makes your body sway;
A refreshing air that reminds you of an image of a summer with the blue sky of the West Coast coming out and pop-party feeling;
And an exquisitely mixed languor of rock, this is a song that's like the "natural form of SCANDAL."
It's world-standard American pop rock of SCANDAL, who has grown into the world's leading all-girl band.

This description has me slightly worried about the direction the band might take in the future. I get that they want to expand globally, but I just hope their music doesn't become generic as a result of that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:42 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I like it. To me, it sounds a lot like 1990's alternative rock. Some may not think that's a great thing, but I feel that style of rock is sadly missing in today's popular music.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:58 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
joon wrote:This description has me slightly worried about the direction the band might take in the future.

I worried about that the first few times they seemed to lurch in a new direction with a particular song, but they've always come through in the end. So I give them the benefit of the doubt here. Different songs may reflect different directions and influences, but overall they haven't really changed all that much given how much music they've put out already in their careers. (Their wardrobe has changed more than anything!)

Anyway this isn't my favorite song of theirs and probably won't ever be, but I'm not too worried about it being a new overall direction for the band.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:41 am

HarunaRinaChan

HarunaRinaChan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really different from usual scandal songs but not bad. Its true that it sounds american pop and gives u the west coast vibe. Maybe this is a song that vaults them to americans/western industry more? idk but i personally prefer their other singles

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:44 am

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
Definitely reminiscent  of 90s American pop rock. 
I like it.

And those pictures were definitely shot in LA and Venice Beach, prob with outfits bought from the thrift store they went to also Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:08 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hanautasancho wrote:I'm guessing this was not the "new song" played in HELLO WORLD tour as indicated in some of the setlist in Japan. Or was it? Based on the comments it was a birthday song.

From my earlier post:

This a completely different song. The new song they played on tour was nicknamed a 'Happy Birthday song' by fans because they say "Happy Birthday" quite a bit in it.

btgrave wrote:And those pictures were definitely shot in LA and Venice Beach, prob with outfits bought from the thrift store they went to also Happy

HARU's top is from an Australian designer and RINA's is from an Italian designer, which you typically don't find in thrift stores here. Tongue

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:56 am

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student

btgrave wrote:And those pictures were definitely shot in LA and Venice Beach, prob with outfits bought from the thrift store they went to also Happy

HARU's top is from an Australian designer and RINA's is from an Italian designer, which you typically don't find in thrift stores here. Tongue

Hmm...I remember them saying they went to Animal House in Venice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 am

NekoMami-tan

NekoMami-tan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Too much scratching. The song is more of like an alternative rock  :nosepick:. Anyways, I just  hope they don't change their genre of music.

Happy Onion Onion Love Love Dobondobon Duo  Onion Love Love Happy Onion
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:46 am

Anil92

Anil92

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It sounded like 'Right Here' with a mash up of Joan Jett style of music. I personally like this song because it somewhat set a new direction for their upcoming (future singles and album) Happy 

Can't wait for the full version of it! Feeling the summer vibe kicking in after listening to this song

SCANDAL Band 4 EVER!! .upwalk.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.