Go down

Re: BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』
Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:44 pm

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
I tryed to listen the radio, but I couldn't register or listen something....
Next time I will use Scandal's Store adress and phone number
Huehuehuuehuehue

Can you upload this on youtube?? :D
I'm waiting for the other song too <3
Thanks a lot! infinite thanks  .toj.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 5 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Here is "FREEDOM FIGHTERS":

#front-page

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:11 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
freedom fighters is definitely scandal's response to everyone asking them to go back to their "rock" and "early days" sounds. gosh these girls can ROCK.

the beginning of the guitar solo reminds me another mami' solo, but just with this lq version I can say I prefer freedom fighter. can't wait to watch a live of this song. who know who composed this anyway... betting on haruna or mami

Last edited by reilachii on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:25 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Here is my take on the radio rips of the 2 new songs. HELLO somehow reminds me of Ashita no Ashita, maybe Tomomi or Rina wrote the song. Those 2 usually writes the emotional songs.

FREEDOM FIGHTERS. Now this is SCANDAL moving to their roots once again, but now with their evolved skill and style. I would like to see this one live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HELLO - I like it, it's a pretty good mid ballad rock track,  I like the drumming and the lead guitar riffs.  My guess Rina probably wrote this number. 

Freedom Fighters- Oh Wow,  such a cool track, l love it.   .clap. I love the intro and the hook. This song actually sounds like something FLiP would make, but with a Scandal twist. This song will sound awesome live,  I wish I can see. 

Overall, I'm enjoying both tracks, they both showcase Scandal skills with their instruments and are in tune with others. 

Fun fact: they actually posted a Instagram  video with them practicing Freedom Fighters, I thought it was another jam session.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:43 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thx a lot for posting it.

Freedom fighters is awesome.
Also Hello is very good(YT version sounds better then daily motion). Both are  way better than the songs from Yellow. If I find this album at a good price on Amazon or Google Music I may buy it.

Back to top Go down

"HELLO" English Translation
Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:16 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)

Here's my translation of "HELLO" from transcribed-by-ear lyrics:

Spoiler:

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:05 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I listened to "Freedom Fighters" first and big smile came to my face as soon as I heard the opening chords.  It rocks; it's fun; it's going to be a good live song.  As others suggested, I'm assuming Mami wrote this one.

I liked "Hello" as well.  It is more upbeat and poppy than what I anticipated.  I was worried it was going to sound sappy.  But this too sounds like it will play well live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:35 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
I knew you would save us... but not so fast!! 
HEuhUHEUaheuhAEUhAUHE
Thank you!  .toj. .toj.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 5 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:47 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:The poses are very much the new anti idol style made popular by BiSH and many others and we all know Mami is a huge idol fan so it is probably her doing Happy
I seriously wonder which new idols MAMI is following these days and ahhh if she likess BiSH that'd be awesome  .love.

Their poses last time around were also very laid back so I don't think these promo pictures are much different, it's just Mami lol 

--

Hello sounds like a slice-of-life anime theme and I am so weak to that kind of intro riff. Before I know it I keep grouping up things so I guess for me, this is in their Morning Sun realm. A warm atmosphere and mid-tempo. EDIT: Thank you for the lyrics! I love it, creates such a beautiful imagery. 

Freedom Fighters is awesome as expected <3 I like how always have that one hard number that reels us in, like Flashback No. 5, Rainy, Onegai Navigation, Heaven na Kibun, Standard..

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:02 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
reilachii wrote:freedom fighters is definitely scandal's response to everyone asking them to go back to their "rock" and "early days" sounds. gosh these girls can ROCK.

Yes, I am one of them. Happy Freedom fighters is pure fan service in musical terms.

Haruna looks pretty attractive on these promo pictures.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 5 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:58 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow, Freedom Fighters is pretty hardcore. That drum-beat actually reminds me somewhat of Stereopony, and it's a really lively, "have-to-jump-to-the-beat" song. Sounds heaps of fun.

As for Hello, I really don't know what to think - it has a very "generic anime OP" sound as waning_moon mentioned. Because the music doesn't stand out, and I can't understand the lyrics just by listening to it, it's lacking the instant attraction. The one thing that does stand out in this song though is Haruna's voice: it's REALLY nice, it has a softness you don't often hear, so I do like that A LOT. Does make me wish I could understand the Japanese language though for a full appreciation of the song when just listening without the subs.

Thanks so much for sharing the vids, thoseguiltyeyes

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Here's my translation of "FREEDOM FIGHTERS" from transcribed-by-ear lyrics:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56j8ys

Spoiler:

First press bonues:

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Poster A… Participating stores (CD Japan is included)

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Poster B… Sony Music Shop

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Clear File… The following CD store chains will have clear files of each of the members!

□TOWER RECORDS all stores (includes online / excludes some stores)…HARUNA ver.
□HMV all stores (includes Lawson Ticket HMV / excludes some stores)…RINA ver.
□TSUTAYA RECORDS all stores (excludes some stores)…MAMI ver. ※TSUTAYA online: Eligible only if pre-ordering it.
□Shinseido/WonderGOO all stores (excludes some stores) + Shinseido WonderGOO Rakuten Ichiba Store…TOMOMI ver.

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Pin… Amazon.co.jp

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:14 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I definitely loved both songs! I like more Hello because Freedom fighters can't be appreciated properly, I'm definitely waiting for the both songs in good quality.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:28 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I love Freedom Fighters! The timing and riffs remind me of MIYAVI and anything neo-prog rock. Perfect fit for a New Japan Pro Wrestling PPV or a theme song of a sentai series!

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 5 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:33 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Base of HMV/Lawson cup looks like this:

The designer's website is http://www.watarukomachi.com/ 
I would assume the album cover are also designed by him.
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 5 Captur11

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:05 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like "Freedom Fighters" the most. I'm glad it will be on the 'Best album'. But I'm sure it will be way more awesome when we hear it live. I also enjoyed "Hello". Its a good song to chill and relax.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:12 pm

asianlover

asianlover

Caless Student
Caless Student
I voted for Suki, Suki, Kill the Virgin and Koshi Tantan

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Ryudo

Ryudo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.alexnowak.net
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
First press bonues:

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Poster A… Participating stores (CD Japan is included)

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Poster B… Sony Music Shop

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Clear File… The following CD store chains will have clear files of each of the members!

□TOWER RECORDS all stores (includes online / excludes some stores)…HARUNA ver.
□HMV all stores (includes Lawson Ticket HMV / excludes some stores)…RINA ver.
□TSUTAYA RECORDS all stores (excludes some stores)…MAMI ver. ※TSUTAYA online: Eligible only if pre-ordering it.
□Shinseido/WonderGOO all stores (excludes some stores) + Shinseido WonderGOO Rakuten Ichiba Store…TOMOMI ver.

■BEST ALBUM 「SCANDAL」 Original Pin… Amazon.co.jp

Aww man I really need one of those clear files! Does anyone know, if I can preorder from the Tower Record online store from outside of Japan?

2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- Paris, FR
2015.04.26 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- London, UK
2015.04.30 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- Essen, GER

2016.09.10 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- Amsterdam, NL
2016.09.13 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- Köln, GER
2016.09.24 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- London, UK
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
reilachii wrote:freedom fighters is definitely scandal's response to everyone asking them to go back to their "rock" and "early days" sounds. gosh these girls can ROCK.

I don't think "Freedom Fighters" is a response to anything the fans have to say about their current direction.  It's not like the band has forgotten how to rock, "Onegai Navigation", "Image", "Heaven na Kibun", "24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae" being just a few examples of that.  If you wanted something in the garage rock vein, "Happy Birthday" from Yellow fit that description.  I appreciate the new voices and sounds they are discovering to express themselves.  Their early sound was as much a product of their youthful exuberance and gung-ho attitude as of their still learning how to play their instruments.  You really can't go back to that fully and why would you?

I thought "Freedom Fighters" was great even listening to it as a radio rip.  I loved hearing the guitars chug. I didn't think I would hear that from Scandal.  Haruna's vocal intro was spine-tingling!  I loved the way she slid up and crescendoed to the end of that phrase with a big excalamation point!  "Hello" is faster than the winter ballad it was described to be.  It sounds ok, but I hold off on a serious opinion until I hear it in HQ.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:11 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Qberto wrote:

I don't think "Freedom Fighters" is a response to anything the fans have to say about their current direction.  It's not like the band has forgotten how to rock, "Onegai Navigation", "Image", "Heaven na Kibun", "24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae" being just a few examples of that.  If you wanted something in the garage rock vein, "Happy Birthday" from Yellow fit that description.  I appreciate the new voices and sounds they are discovering to express themselves.  Their early sound was as much a product of their youthful exuberance and gung-ho attitude as of their still learning how to play their instruments.  You really can't go back to that fully and why would you?
My thoughts exactly  .uhuh. I've never given up on them when it comes to making good rock music. To me,  FF sounds too advanced to sound like something from their earlier days,  they are really growing as musicians.  Happy Birthday and Life is a journey are good examples of indie days Scandal sound, honestly. 

- I was hoping the t shirt would have a bit more color to it,  or the same style as the jacket covers.  But still a cool looking design, they are really pushing for the black, Rock- esque style t shirt  design for these albums ,huh? (Yellow and Hello World T-shirt's)

Last edited by Star~world96® on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just some editing, don't mind me)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Qberto wrote:

by wishing scandal to go back to their early days, people also mean that they should stick with being a rock band with rock songs (without obliviously forgetting their upgraded ability as musicians - how could they forget them?)
 I'm not personaly in this group of old fans (even if the girls' rock songs are usually my favourite), but I can see where they're coming from and I can totally see them enjoying freedom fighters's kind of instrumental more than hello and I can also see them hoping scandal will continue releasing songs like this more and more.

old scandal and old sounds is something that pop-ups once and then and it's perfectly okay with a band 10 years old. a band composes music also to please the fans; to me freedom fighters was for the old fan/the one who prefer their rock side. that's all

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@reilachii
Don't get me wrong, before Yellow was released, I was hoping there would be some harder edged songs on there because I enjoy it when the ladies let it fly.  In the end, I want good songs and I was very happy with the variety they gave us and that this was truly something from the band and no other voices. I like it when bands I listen to continue to grow and evolve, although not all their experiments work.  Even bands like U2, R.E.M., and Echo & the Bunnymen(all bands that are Godhead to me) have thrown out a few clunkers, so I wouldn't expect everyone to like all the material, just respect the journey Scandal is taking and that we are along for the ride willingly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:17 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yes I'm glad of their diversity - Take Me Out blew me away when it first released, just like a lot of people really like Freedom Fighters now. And then they have their less impressive rock-wise, but still musically solid, songs like Hello as well. 3 quite different songs, but each with their fans.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:52 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Star~world96® wrote:
Fun fact: they actually posted a Instagram  video with them practicing Freedom Fighters, I thought it was another jam session.
I recognized this too after hearing "Freedom Fighters" for the first time. We know what they were rehearsing for.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum