Tuturu

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
Top 3

Anata ga mawaru
HI-HI-HI
SUKI-SUKI

How many times can you actually vote? Cause there don't seem to be a limit but they'll track through your IP address?

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 5785e610
I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
.dance.  
Back to top Go down

Re: BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』
Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:46 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Star~world96® wrote:Would rather have a new studio album than another compilation album, tbh.
I might be overthinking but I think the reason why they decided for a best album is to compensate for the low sales they're having from the previous releases

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:44 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
bad-apple wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:Would rather have a new studio album than another compilation album, tbh.
I might be overthinking but I think the reason why they decided for a best album is to compensate for the low sales they're having from the previous releases

Well they haven't made a Best album in a long while so, they probably decide to bring it back for good sakes.  Onion huh? Though I'd doubt an album full of old songs would do any better than the previous albums, maybe just as much. IMO

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:59 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think this is a natural course coming from their 10th anniversary.  Being a career milestone, they are taking an opportunity to look back at what they've done as they prepare to go forward.  I think the ladies are in a constant creative mode and the 'BEST of' album gives them all a chance to recharge their batteries and also get new experiences to fuel their creativity. I don't believe this has to do with sales at all.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:35 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Star~world96® wrote: Though I'd doubt an album full of old songs would do any better than the previous albums, maybe just as much. IMO

"Scandal Show" is their highest selling album. A lot of people who are casual fans only buy "Best" albums. I think Scandal has probably been waiting for the time they have enough songs to release another one, because it's practically a guaranteed 60,000-seller (which for them is a lot).

"Best" albums also can help the following album sell well. "Standard" is their second-best selling album, and it was the first new studio album after "Scandal Show". ("Encore Show", which came in between, didn't sell as well, but old b-sides don't appeal to casual fans like singles they've heard on the radio do, and then new material.)

I'd just guess that "Scandal Show" probably added about 10,000 more sales to "Standard", from casual fans who thought they'd try out the new album after hearing the Best album. I'm estimating that based on the bump in sales for "Standard" vs. the overall trend line since "Temptation Box".

So I think this is a good strategy for them. It also gives them a little more time to work on new material for their next studio album, and maybe gets them back on a more "normal" schedule of releasing studio albums in the fall. I feel like the "Yellow" release date didn't help them, and kind of pushed their tours out of whack a bit too. Now that they're writing all their own material, it's got to be really difficult to do an entirely new album every year along with everything else that they do. It's basically just a bunch of extra work, and they're already one of the hardest working bands out there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 pm

fieora

Caless Student
Caless Student
Star~world96® wrote:I just did it for fun,  since there a 98% chance a probs not attending the live soooooo....

I voted for Flashback no. 5, Want You, and Metronome.
Not necessarily my top 5, but definitely my top 10/15 favorites
OMG I thought I was the only one that liked Flashback no. 5  I want to see a live version pretty bad!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Totally agree with spacecadet. generic audience usually buy best album, and a collection of the best songs of a 10 years carrier sounds the perfect chance to know a band/listen to a band for the first time. It's just a good marketing decision and a great opportunity to get more listeners that can become fans. It is also a cute way for the girls to have a cd that proves 10 years of hard work to look at and listen to. This best album just makes the 10th anniversary even more real.

I was waiting for a release like this for the 10th anniversary, so I'm more than ok with it but choosing three song is difficult. We will probably get one out of scandal baby, doll, shunkan sentimental, yoake no ryuuseigun and everybody say yeah (or maybe all of them) so choosing songs that could represent the band's mood and talent is hard.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh seems understandable now,  because honestly, I never really understand their compilation albums lol.

I'm just hoping this album would have some variety and not have the same track list as Scandal Show, and with only 3 or 4 recent tracks. .wew.

@spacecadet
Thanks,  but just to clarify Queens Are Trumps came after Scandal Show, but IDK how much that album sold.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:59 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Eisuke said in a tweet:

https://twitter.com/eisuke225/status/768808306009714688

A助 ‏@eisuke225

SCANDALのベストアルバム投票は「ライブで聴いたことない曲」じゃなくて本当に「あなたが好きな曲」を選んで下さい。今年はマニアツアーもあるし、先ほど発表したハロウィンライブ。あとはもう一個隠し玉が..○△☆。レア曲聴く機会は意外とあります。ぜひ純粋に好きな曲、3曲選んで下さい。

Voting for SCANDAL's Best Album, please vote for the "songs you like" rather than "songs you haven't heard live" This year there will be Mania Tour, also recently mentioned Halloween live. Also another secret/hidden....... There will be other chances to hear the rare songs. So please honestly vote for the 3 songs that you like.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I went with Onegai Navigation, Awanaitsumorino Genkidene and Sakura Goodbye-- or at least I think I did.  The site was in Japanese.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:56 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Star~world96® wrote:@spacecadet
Thanks,  but just to clarify Queens Are Trumps came after Scandal Show, but IDK how much that album sold.

Oops, you are correct. Not my favorite album of theirs, so I probably just forgot about it. So just forget about that part of my post. QAT sold a little more than 50,000, so it doesn't seem like it was helped much by Scandal Show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:04 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
wildthing wrote:Eisuke said in a tweet:

https://twitter.com/eisuke225/status/768808306009714688

A助 ‏@eisuke225

SCANDALのベストアルバム投票は「ライブで聴いたことない曲」じゃなくて本当に「あなたが好きな曲」を選んで下さい。今年はマニアツアーもあるし、先ほど発表したハロウィンライブ。あとはもう一個隠し玉が..○△☆。レア曲聴く機会は意外とあります。ぜひ純粋に好きな曲、3曲選んで下さい。

Voting for SCANDAL's Best Album, please vote for the "songs you like" rather than "songs you haven't heard live" This year there will be Mania Tour, also recently mentioned Halloween live. Also another secret/hidden....... There will be other chances to hear the rare songs. So please honestly vote for the 3 songs that you like.

Oh? Maybe we get to hear RingRingRing! Live next year?  .uhuh.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 am

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I choosed the songs that are post-SCANDAL SHOW album. Shunkan, Tai Kimi, Harukaze and others were already there so I gave chance to the more recent songs.

1. Namidayo Hikare - for me, the best STANDARD Album song. A close 2nd and 3rd would be Metronome and Standard. It became my favorite when they performed it on Scandal Festival.

2. Onegai Navigation - the best HELLO WORLD album song.

3. Take Me Out - my favorite on their latest Singles.

I wish they gave us more option. I would like to add more!  .cool.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Picking just three songs feels like Sophie's Choice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Would that be okay if anyone will post a link of the poll here?

Thanks.

I'll vote the following:
1. Ashita no Ashita
2. Burn
3. 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

MamiNoodles wrote:Would that be okay if anyone will post a link of the poll here?

Thanks.

I'll vote the following:
1. Ashita no Ashita
2. Burn
3. 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae

I think we all would like Ashita no Ashita on the album,  but you can only vote for recorded and released songs, unfortunately ANA is not for voting.

Heres the Link to vote, if you haven't already.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I voted for:

1. Namida yo hikare,
2. Onegai Navigation,
3. Flashback no. 5.

There are many good songs from older albums as well, but I feel that Standard and Hello World are their best albums, and they are a Best of Scandal album on their own. Happy These three songs have a lot common in them and I like that style. I hope they make this best album a double album.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Kagerou13

Caless Student
Caless Student
Honestly, I'd like to have another B-Side collection like Encore Show. I can't afford to buy every single single they release, considering how expensive they are plus import costs, and I'd like to actually own all of the B-sides. Encore Show was a nice collection that conveniently gave us most of the non-album tracks up until that point. I'd like a sequel to that.

Then again, I haven't enjoyed the recent B-sides all that much. But 2 songs that I absolutely must have are:

Koi no Kajitsu (which I was very disappointed to find didn't appear on Encore Show and is only available on the ridiculously expensive YAH YAH YAH SCANDAL CD)

Rainy (probably the best B-side in recent years)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:30 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Star~world96® wrote:I think we all would like Ashita no Ashita on the album,  but you can only vote for recorded and released songs, unfortunately ANA is not for voting.

Heres the Link to vote, if you haven't already.

Thanks for the link, my friend! I just finished voting.

You're absolutely right that Ashita is not available in the poll. Instead, I selected Bitter Chocolate, on top of Burn and 24.

Back to top Go down

Songs
Posted Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Dmjbill

Caless Student
Caless Student
Best of cd
My3 fav songs are
Scandal baby. Every body say yeah
And suki suki.clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
I voted for "Anata ga Mawaru", "Aitai" and "Bright". But it was incredibly hard...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 am

Ryudo

Ryudo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.alexnowak.net
My Top 3 from the possible choices:

1. Queens are trumps
2. Flashback No.5
3. Love Survive

2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- Paris, FR
2015.04.26 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- London, UK
2015.04.30 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- Essen, GER

2016.09.10 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- Amsterdam, NL
2016.09.13 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- Köln, GER
2016.09.24 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- London, UK
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:19 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
The poll for the BEST ALBUM is now closed. The results will be announced on the same site at a later date!

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

BEST ALBUM - Top 10 Songs
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:11 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 SRKQxDI

The top 10 most-voted-for songs have been revealed!

01. SCANDAL BABY
02. Koe
03. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
04. Departure
05. Shunkan Sentimental
06. Take Me Out
07. HARUKAZE
08. LOVE SURVIVE
09. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY
10. Kagen no Tsuki

And just in case anyone gets confused...this is NOT the final tracklisting for the album. The full, complete tracklisting will be announced at a later date.

http://scabest47.com

#front-page

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:51 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I approve of this selection, all great songs, and I'm glad to see Take Me Out in there as well Happy

...and I must say I'm looking forward to what their next song will be like.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 2 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum