You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』
Posted Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:45 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
None of my choices (Sakura Goodbye, Glamorous You, 24 Jikan) made it. I hope maybe they remaster the older catalog and get it as sonically good as the Yellow album. I'm really curious about the new singles, especially coming after Take Me Out. 
@TGE: 47 songs would have been a 3 CD set. I think that would have been real painful to the wallet.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
MamiXHaruna wrote:I'm surprised about the rank of Departure.

That jumped out at me too when I first saw the track list. Everybody's got different tastes, but whenever I've heard them play that live it never seems to get a big reaction, and it's one of the few songs they have that I really actively dislike. But it is one of their better-selling and also radio-friendly singles.

"Switch" I thought was interesting... I like that song but it was never a single and doesn't seem like the kind of song to really have a big following... and it also isn't one that people go nuts over when they hear it live. I always think of it as one of their "break" songs in the middle of longer sets.

I am happy to see that "Flashback No. 5" is actually rated higher than "Stamp!" Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Fox

Fox

Caless Student
Caless Student
I had voted Switch, One Piece and Burn. Happy to see two of them on there, going to wait to see what the t-shirt looks like before deciding which version I will get.

Kind of surprised not to see Space Ranger, Beauteen and Hi-Hi-Hi on there though. They are true Scandal classics and really defining for their style and sound. I guess they kind of got forgotten under all the new songs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I am not surprised the Departure is the fourth most voted song. Not just because I personally like it or it is one of their best-selling singles in their entire career. I find the song powerful in terms of both lyrics and melody.

However, I am fairly disappointed that BURN, 24 Jikan no Yoake Mae, and Space Ranger didn't make the list. I consider the first two as underrated yet enjoyable to listen.  I am also surprised that Flashback No. 5 made it and ranked pretty high too!

It shows that fans of SCANDAL, whether casual or hardcore have different tastes.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:21 am

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, Flashback No.5. sounds damn good. So does Rainy, but that song did not make it. So it was a good idea to promote one single with Departure and not so successful idea to promote the other one with Stamp!. It's hard to tell in advance. All are good songs after all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNkLjEkjfz5/?taken-by=scandal_heaven

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
sillentdx wrote:They will also release Loppi/HMV exclusive editions, they are the same as the "normal" limited editions but also contain an exclusive "Loppi/HMV SCANDAL BEST ALBUM commemorative mug"! Reservation period starts on November 28, 2016 and ends on February 5, 2017.

http://www.lawson.co.jp/loppigoods/webcatalog/group/11/scandal.html

From Lawson and Ministop store orders in Japan there are actually 3 periods where the mug edition is available for order. (Useful if you happen to be visiting Japan)

See hmv website.
www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/7476092
www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/7476093
www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/7476094

【Preorder 1】
■ Order date:2016/11/28 10:00 ~ 2017/2/5 23:30
■ Pickup from:2017/2/15

Preorder 2】
■ Order date:2017/2/6 10:00 ~ 2017/2/8 23:30
■ Pickup from:2017/2/15

Preorder 3
■ Order date:2017/2/9 10:00 ~ 2017/3/15 23:30
■ Pickup from:6 days after order.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:40 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
There's been twitter and Instagram posts of the band doing the mastering for the album. And they're working with Hiromichi Takiguchi, a mastering engineer who worked with the Gazettes, BABYMETAL, 9goats black out, and  more artists.
His post here

My guess is the songs would sound a bit different than normal, maybe they rerecord some the songs. I'm kinda excited to hear how they'll sound, and also for the two new songs, which they said would sound different from each other.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:22 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

The two new songs from the best album will be played on the radio on December 26th!

Song 18 from disc 1 will be played on Osaka's FM802「ROCK KIDS 802-OCHIKEN Goes ON!!-」(21:00-23:48). Song 17 from disc 2 will be played on TOKYO FM's J-WAVE「GROOVE LINE Z」(16:30-20:00).

#front-page

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:25 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Star~world96® wrote:There's been twitter and Instagram posts of the band doing the mastering for the album. And they're working with Hiromichi Takiguchi, a mastering engineer who worked with the Gazettes, BABYMETAL, 9goats black out, and  more artists.
His post here

My guess is the songs would sound a bit different than normal, maybe they rerecord some the songs. I'm kinda excited to hear how they'll sound, and also for the two new songs, which they said would sound different from each other.

Did they mastered the songs and Hiromichi Takiguchi was there just to give them some advice ? Until now, from what I know , someone else was mastering the songs.

I expect all of the songs to be rerecorded, otherwise it will be pointless for some people who already have them to pay a lot for just 2 songs and a few remastered.

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:The two new songs from the best album will be played on the radio on December 26th!

Song 18 from disc 1 will be played on Osaka's FM802「ROCK KIDS 802-OCHIKEN Goes ON!!-」(21:00-23:48). Song 17 from disc 2 will be played on TOKYO FM's J-WAVE「GROOVE LINE Z」(16:30-20:00).
Could you please provide us some links to those radios online streaming ?  I found these http://radiko.jp/#802 and http://radiko.jp/#FMJ but they don't work even in Edge where Flash Player is enabled.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:26 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
park23 wrote:I expect all of the songs to be rerecorded, otherwise it will be pointless for some people who already have them to pay a lot for just 2 songs and a few remastered.

It's a Best of... album. Hence, very unlikely to be re-recorded. Yes, it'll likely be the old songs remastered with just two new songs.

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:41 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

kudo_maharizu wrote:
park23 wrote:I expect all of the songs to be rerecorded, otherwise it will be pointless for some people who already have them to pay a lot for just 2 songs and a few remastered.

It's a Best of... album. Hence, very unlikely to be re-recorded. Yes, it'll likely be the old songs remastered with just two new songs.

Yeah, that's what it looks to be.

The band tweeted the other day, "We will deliver older songs that have been polished up." By them saying 'polished up,' it makes it sound like they are simply making the songs sound slightly better/different by remastering them. I mean, this is basically what they did for SCANDAL SHOW and ENCORE SHOW too, and both of them had the same format as this new best-of album: a bunch of older songs (none were re-recorded, so they were presumably remastered too) and 1-2 new songs.

Another reason why they can't have been re-recorded is because they didn't know what the tracklisting was until early October, which is when voting for the album closed. There's no way they could have had time to relearn and re-record all 34 older songs between then and now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

park23 wrote:Could you please provide us some links to those radios online streaming ?  I found these http://radiko.jp/#802 and http://radiko.jp/#FMJ but they don't work even in Edge where Flash Player is enabled.

Radiko doesn't work if you're outside of Japan. The TuneIn radio app should work.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:42 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
The two new songs from the best album will be played on the radio on December 26th!

Curious...
Interesting way to release them.

Back to top Go down
sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 2iDSuEG

Promo pictures + covers + info on new songs for the best album have been released!

Regular Edition:
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 HTkccm9

DVD Edition:
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 Darl3On

T-Shirt Edition:
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 E56rufc

Song 18 from disc 1 is called "FREEDOM FIGHTERS." Song 17 from disc 2 is called "HELLO."

#front-page

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:09 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
?!?! that is a really bizarre photo of them

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:55 am

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
mio_akiyama wrote:?!?! that is a really bizarre photo of them

Especially the way Mami stays.  Meanwhile Haruna looks so cool and Tomomi , as always, is the always.

Did any one went to their live show, Bestxmax ? I read on facebook that they played the new songs, how are they ?

Back to top Go down

BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 T-Shirt + HMV Mug
Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:35 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here is the SCANDAL × Candy Stripper t-shirt that will be included in the T-Shirt Edition:

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 HNzP4MJ

Order from CDJ

Also, here is the mug that will be included with orders from HMV/Loppi:

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 IJkwbu8

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:55 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
park23 wrote:
mio_akiyama wrote:?!?! that is a really bizarre photo of them

Especially the way Mami stays.  Meanwhile Haruna looks so cool and Tomomi , as always, is the always.
Tomomi is probably thinking why is Mami's head in Haru's lap and not mine  .hmmm.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow,  loving these covers, it kinda has this "power girl rock" theme to it.  Also I think these are the first album covers where the girls don't appear on. 

The promo pic kinda reminds me of the Sister promo picture, and Mami's pose is odd,  but, she's odd herself lol. 

Freedom Fighters, might be one of those power rocking anthem songs like Standard. .wow.  Can't wait to hear it. 

As for Hello, umm they already have Hello Hello .sweat. ,....but if they can make I want you,  and two LOVE songs on the same album,  I'm not surprised. I kinda hope Hello is a different style than HH, so they won't be technically sound the same.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:09 pm

SCANlover

SCANlover

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://lunamikk69.tumblr.com/
It's me or... Haruna have a dark purple hair in the promo picture?
It looks black in the SCANDAL × Candy Stripper t-shirt image... lol
Anyway, I love it, Mami looks so... Mami .clap.

-10/01/2010- (avatar&banner by me) -HARUTOMO-
front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 1HIBZjB
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:57 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SCANlover wrote:It's me or... Haruna have a dark purple hair in the promo picture?
It looks black in the SCANDAL × Candy Stripper t-shirt image... lol
Anyway, I love it, Mami looks so... Mami .clap.

Don't think she dyed her hair in pink, it would look weird. At best it is dark brown. This color looks black or/and pink in some cases. Depends on the lights around her.

Back to top Go down

New Song "HELLO" from BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』
Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:41 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here is my radio rip of new song "HELLO":

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56cyut

"FREEDOM FIGHTERS" won't be played on the air for at least another couple of hours after this so I don't think I can record that one as well, but I'm sure, like always, it'll be uploaded later on elsewhere.

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:06 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
The photoshoot is a bit quirky and artsy at the same time. It reminds me of the early (androgynous) days of Manic Street Preachers.

Thanks for sharing TGE! So far, I am enjoying it! Happy

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:14 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
I think it needs some extra listening, but HELLO sounds good. a radio rip is never high quality, but Rina's drumming seems interesting

late on commenting over the promo pictures but they really choosed "awkward indie fashion" pose for this release ahah

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:25 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
The poses are very much the new anti idol style made popular by BiSH and many others and we all know Mami is a huge idol fan so it is probably her doing Happy

front-page - BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 4 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:44 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
A way to listen to the radio station online ? Tryed Tunel Bear(Japan exit) + Edge with Flash enabled and that website recommended above(404 page not found in the pop-up window where the player should been) , but  it still didn't worked.

Well, the song is ok,  I can't say more until I hear a higher quality version.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.