Re: What SCANDAL song took time to grow on you?
Posted on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:59 am

victor_survive

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oyasumi, Osaka. I don't know, Osaka is just... weird for me, and Oyasumi is growing slowly on me XD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:41 am

Bankai_Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
Woops I missed the bit about ones you still don't like. There are many....
The almond crush song was just never good.
Place of life and winter story bore me when I listen through Hello World
I agree that Osaka is weird but I haven't heard it many times
I like shoujo m (was singing it this morning) but it has always sounded to me like it was recorded in a cave.
Kagen no tsuki has grown backwards on me from being a fav when it came out to me never playing it.
I was expecting a more exciting song for pokemon than Yaoke no ryuuseigun (I'm not sure I can even spell it right) so that just dissapointed me.

And a few more that grew on me:
Love Survive just used to sound like a mess to me, like Haru and tomos voices where fighting.
Nanka Buttobase I thought was pretty awful but I have come to like it somewhat mostly cos the PV makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:37 am

Rinakkusu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://tnmaa.net
The song Satisfaction.. At first. I'm so depressed. When I listen to this song. But I accidentally clicked the live version of it. And I really like it!  Happy Onion

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
SCANDAL
RINA IS MY BIAS!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:36 am

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yoake no ryusseigun, Taiyou to kimi, Osaka, brand new Wave, Pin Heel Surfer, Koi hejime diet, Shining Sun and Winter Story-the songs that I just cant get into

Ones that took time:
Kagerou
Kimi to yoru-
Oyasumi, Yumemiru tsubasa, Midnight TELEVISION...and a lot more.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 pm

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
Basically the whole "BABY ACTION"-Album. It took some time, but it is now my favorite SCANDAL-Album.  LOVE 

HARUKAZE was hard for me too. I started to like it when I saw them play it live, which had a way different vibe than the studio version.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Strokemon

Caless Student
Caless Student
When I first listened to Runners High and Can Beer, I thought they were really boring songs and I always skipped them when listening to HELLO WORLD, however , after reading the lyrics translation and listening them more often, I eventually really liked them. I fact,Can Beer became my favorite Tomomi song.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:24 pm

MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I hate to admit but I am not a fan of Shining Sun and Kill the Virgin up to this day.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:06 am

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I will have to include Oyasumi here... When Hello World was released I really didn't like the song but when I saw it live during the tour I was completely blown away.... I might've been listening to the song wrongly the whole time... It's a very heartfelt song imo

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 pm

truefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Before SCANDAL, I had never listened to Japanese rock, so it took me a while to get into J-Rock style. Shoujo S and DOLL are two of the first songs of SCANDAL that I listen to. I didn't like those songs for the first times listening. After I could get into J-Rock, then I became to love it and SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:50 pm

bennycz

Caless Student
Caless Student
chronologically: Playboy pt. II.; Koshi tan-tan; Kill the Virgin; Bitter Chocolate; most of the Yellow album. plus - I didn't like Tomomi's voice at first, so her songs took me a while to process, but now I turned over completely and I love all her songs (especially Kill the Virgin, Houkago 1H and Kan Biiru, not necesarilly in that order).

Last edited by bennycz on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:17 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Kill the Virgin and Brand New Wave are the 2 songs I can say I like now, that rubbed me the wrong way when I first heard them. Queens are Trumps first struck me as odd, but I'm ok with it now. Mami's lyrics are a big reason I like it. It is letting the world know they aren't just a pretty face, but one ready to put a Doc Marten up your rear if you give them $#¡* or treat them wrong.
I wanted to add the song that I dislike and that would be Tokyo Skycraper.  The phone dialing, handclaps, & keyboard horns all add up to a disjointed, thrown together mess for me that doesn't feel "scandalous" at all. I don't think I will ever like this song and I skip it when I listen to Baby Action.

Last edited by Qberto on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:59 am

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
bennycz wrote:chronologically: Playboy pt. II.; Koshi tan-tan; Kill the Virgin; Bitter Chocolate; most of the Yellow album. plus - I didn't like Tomomi's voice at first, so her songs took me a while to process, but now I turned over completely and I love all her songs (especially Kill the Virgin, Houkago 1H and Kan Biiru, not necesarilly in that order).

I felt the same way about Timo, my first love was Mami because of her amazing skills but as I got used to Timo's sweet voice (cause I'm sure it wasn't that sweet during Sakura Goodbye, it was pretty low back then) I eventually converted to a Tomo fan and she inspired me to play the bass.

That was off topic hehe sorry
I wasn't always a fan of ONEGAI NAVIGATION, IMAGE and YOUR SONG but they are my Cardio songs now Happy

I'm still learning to love OYASUMI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
Dance  
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:31 pm

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Love Me Do - the song sounded like Sisters to me, another song I very much dislike. It also didn't have anything instrumentally interesting, to grab my attention. But I started to like the retro vibe, and Haruna's vocals. I don't love it, but I do like it and thinks it's very catchy.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:22 am

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
Star~world96® wrote:Love Me Do - the song sounded like Sisters to me, another song I very much dislike. It also didn't have anything instrumentally interesting, to grab my attention. But I started to like the retro vibe, and Haruna's vocals. I don't love it, but I do like it and thinks it's very catchy.
Ha! Same Tongue till now I don't have SISTERS on my phone. Along with OYASUMI hasn't taken its roots yet.

I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
Dance  
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Aizix

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://soundcloud.com/devias1
Kill the virgin, STANDARD, Winter Story (after watching the live version).
Those three I guess, generally if I like a song I like it from the first play in case of SCANDAL.
Maybe Stamp! a bit too though I'm not a big fan of it.

Last edited by Aizix on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Stamp)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:59 am

Don Dio

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, "Nanka Buttobase" really took a beating in this post.  I'll have to defend it sometime, even the corny video which makes me laugh every time I see it.

About the topic... "Pinheel Surfer" was the first big let-down that I've come around to big time.

I got into Scandal pretty late, so I listened to their catalogue out of order from when they released the songs.  By mere coincidence all the songs I heard early on were the garage rockers, so when I finally came across "Pinheel Surfer" I was taken aback.  It seemed too girly-poppy-disco from what I had heard (and liked).  I was listening off a video, but it wasn't until I got the Queens Are Trumps album that I started to appreciate the instrumentation and composition of the song.  It's a very catchy melody, and I especially like what Mami plays throughout. 

After that, I have been a bit bummed every time I hear a new song of theirs and it's not a rocker, particularly everything that got released as a single after Hello World. This doesn't mean I don't like the songs (Yellow keeps getting better and better with each listen-- this may be Rina's best album), but I would like less of the modern pop, dance-type tunes, like the new B side "I Want You."  This one may not grow on me at all.  More "Suki Suki" or "Flashback No 5," please.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:26 pm

MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I like the Gwen Stefani-ish feel of their latest song "I Want You". But, I am not really impressed with Rina's extensive use of the vocoder. It works well on the darker "Oyasumi" but this time, it's way too much!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:25 am

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Funnily enough, Take Me Out!
As far as I can tell, it's different from what SCANDAL has pumped out in the past. Even when comparing to the soft-rock/pop-rock songs they've done.

Nonetheless, I am super into the song now; especially RINA's drumming here

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:36 am

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Around the time I starting listening to Scandal,  I use to disliked majority of their ballad/soft rock songs,  well mainly because I'm not a ballad type person.
But I grew to like and appreciate them the more I got into Scandal,  some of those said songs were:
Natsu Niero, Switch,  yumemiru tsubasa, one piece, and Kimi to yoru to namida.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:28 pm

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Alright, so out of the one hundred something songs they have officially released, I have 17 that I dislike and are in a playlist specifically for allowing them to grow on me, and that is : 
Brand New Wave, Bright, Burn, Emotion, Future, I Want You, Love I'm Action, Maboroshi Night , Shining Sun, Winter Story, Your Song -English ver.-, ナツネイロ(Natsu Neiro), ピンヒールサーファー(Pinheel Surfer), 夢見るつばさ and 夢見る頃を過ぎても (Yumemiru Tsubasa and Yumemiru Koro so Sugite mo)
All the other songs, when I first listened to them, I loved them for what they are. I love Scandal because of a lot of their music.

Stay Standard My Friends   Cool
Back to top Go down